• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are Not Tamil Brahmins Tamilians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends

Any message that targets other members based on their caste/community will not be tolerated in this forum. Please follow the rules of the forum and avoid posting such messages.

There are a lot of things to do to help our community rather than talking ill of other members/communities.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Ramki

Ramki - that's well and good, but then posts entered by people like K.Chandra/indian should be removed as soon as they appear.

One cannot expect offensive posts to go unchallenged.

Vayalan

I was in the process of editing Chandras posting when I saw yours. Moderators are not online always and hence in spite of our best efforts some of the offesensive postings linger a little longer. Also the moderator needs to go thro the postings one at a time :) It takes time.

I have edited Chandra's posting and removed the offensive statements.

We all own this forum and I request all members to bear this in mind and extend their full cooperation. Everyone needs to understand and cooperate in keeping the forum clean. We are all responsible adults and need to articulate our views in a civilized way. If any member feels any of the postings is violating the forum rules please do send me a private message and I will try to look into it asap.

Ramki - that's well and good, but then posts entered by people like K.Chandra/indian should be removed as soon as they appear.

Thanks again

Vayalan

I was in the process of editing Chandras posting when I saw yours. Moderators are not online always and hence in spite of our best efforts some of the offesensive postings linger a little longer. Also the moderator needs to go thro the postings one at a time :) It takes time.

I have edited Chandra's posting and removed the offensive statements.

We all own this forum and I request all members to bear this in mind and extend their full cooperation. Everyone needs to understand and cooperate in keeping the forum clean. We are all responsible adults and need to articulate our views in a civilized way. If any member feels any of the postings is violating the forum rules please do send me a private message and I will try to look into it asap.

Dear Members/Administrator,
My sincere apologies again, if i hurt any community here. I have a few things to say and I want to be brief ( as i dont really belong in this forum. ) but not sure if I can sum it up short.

I was only replying to a specific post , by a specific member for reasons I explained in the post. I have HIGH regard for Tamil brahmins and would not say anything that would demean them or any other community.

Vaylan,
Have i specifically said anything offensive about your community?. There was NO intention on my part , of launching a diatribe against your or any other community. Based on the contents of a specific post ( which I felt to be untrue or half true ) , I had replied with possible reasons why anyone would write something like that. Yes my language was a bit strong at places, but have I really ABUSED any member?. I do not know if pointing out that someone holds stereotypes is offensive. But in any case I am not at all offended that my post has been edited.

kspv,
Your reply has been read and I do agree generally many of your propositions do not sound casteist. But a few, do seem like that and especially those that , in my opinion , sounded like your personal opinions and sources quoted seem questionable. And since this is a sensitive subject, it is generally good to be extra careful when commenting about the origin of any caste. I will surely reply to you at your personal email address when I get the time.

And I again thank the members of this forum for giving me the opportunity to express my opinions.

- kchandra

Chandra ( and everyone else) - forget it, let's move on.

I did say at the very beginning that this kind of exchange would not lead to anything productive. This holds true for all of us. Let's drop it right at this point.

I do have some questions for you. How are reservations affecting the Kamma community in AP ? Do you stand to benefit, or is it negative to your community's interest ?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Dear Members/Administrator,
My sincere apologies again, if i hurt any community here. I have a few things to say and I want to be brief ( as i dont really belong in this forum. ) but not sure if I can sum it up short.

Chandra,

We all respect your viewpoints and you certainly belong here. Although this forum is targetted athelping the Tamil Brahmin community atlarge, we are an open forum and welcome one and all. That being said, you certainly belong to this forum. Please continue to take active part in the forums.

Folks

As Vaylan said let us move on. We have bigger challenges ahead of us.

Ramki

[SIR - I certainly agree that the feelings of persons belonging to all castes must be respected including the Kammas. Also i do not see any wrong in non brahmins viewing and replying to the posts of our various brahmins in this site. o.k.?

But what sort of logic is it to say that iyengars are fair skinned because their mothers slept with white skinned foreigners? by this yardstick, does that mean that mothers of black colored indians slept with africans?! and mind you most of indians, even quite a few brahmins (including myself) are black!

sir - Allof our members please e- mail [email protected]. This is the email address of chennai censor board. Please request them not to certify films which potray brahmins (or for that matter any community) in an offensive manner. These sort of potrayals are blatant violation of indian constitution, indian penal code and censor rules. I have already posted a message to them.

Answer to a question

Chandra ( and everyone else) - forget it, let's move on.

I did say at the very beginning that this kind of exchange would not lead to anything productive. This holds true for all of us. Let's drop it right at this point.

I do have some questions for you. How are reservations affecting the Kamma community in AP ? Do you stand to benefit, or is it negative to your community's interest ?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Vylan,

In Andhra, Kamma community is considered a Forward caste ( despite their lowly origins as has been recently discovered by a member of this forum ? :lol: :lol: ) along with Reddys, Brahmins and Vysyas and a few other communities. So yes, reservation does reduce the job and eduction opportunities for young people. But its impact is somewhat offset by the fact that this community is very entrepreneurial and enterprising.

One finds Kammas in many areas including agro industries, software and owning a few large business houses. The most visible is the Eeenadu group ( owned by Ramoji Rao) which owns the E TV channels, Eenadu newspaper and the Ramoji film studio in Hyderabad.

Reddy community is also fairly entrepreneurial with quite a few industries to their credit.

Perhaps, the impact of reservations is bound to be more on Telugu brahmins as they have traditionally depended on government jobs. They have been a bit reluctant to come out of their hereditary occupation (unlike the Kannada brahmins), perhaps they are too wedded to tradition or unwilling to involve in business activities as they think it is below their dignity. I am not really very sure. But of late perhaps things are changing.( No attempt to peddle any stereotypes about this community on my part here !. I am just saying this based on what I heard from my telugu brahmin friends, and my views may not necessarily be the most accurate!. )

- kchandra

Yeah. Thats true. Somehow Business and Brahmins dont mix.

Vylan,

In Andhra, Kamma community is considered a Forward caste ( despite their lowly origins as has been recently discovered by a member of this forum ? :lol: :lol: ) along with Reddys, Brahmins and Vysyas and a few other communities. So yes, reservation does reduce the job and eduction opportunities for young people. But its impact is somewhat offset by the fact that this community is very entrepreneurial and enterprising.

One finds Kammas in many areas including agro industries, software and owning a few large business houses. The most visible is the Eeenadu group ( owned by Ramoji Rao) which owns the E TV channels, Eenadu newspaper and the Ramoji film studio in Hyderabad.

Reddy community is also fairly entrepreneurial with quite a few industries to their credit.

Perhaps, the impact of reservations is bound to be more on Telugu brahmins as they have traditionally depended on government jobs. They have been a bit reluctant to come out of their hereditary occupation (unlike the Kannada brahmins), perhaps they are too wedded to tradition or unwilling to involve in business activities as they think it is below their dignity. I am not really very sure. But of late perhaps things are changing.( No attempt to peddle any stereotypes about this community on my part here !. I am just saying this based on what I heard from my telugu brahmin friends, and my views may not necessarily be the most accurate!. )

- kchandra

"Perhaps, the impact of reservations is bound to be more on Telugu brahmins as they have traditionally depended on government jobs. They have been a bit reluctant to come out of their hereditary occupation (unlike the Kannada brahmins), perhaps they are too wedded to tradition or unwilling to involve in business activities as they think it is below their dignity. I am not really very sure. But of late perhaps things are changing.".

First, Chandra, it is great to have you here. Please do not be a silent spectator, and I request you to have take actively participate in the forums.

Its not only with the Telugu Brahmins, its with any Brahmins ( offcourse there are exceptions) that we dont venture into business. Traditionally we were doing more with education and religious duties, that venturing into business is scary.
Offcourse, a Brahmin can start a business and make it a success, but it will attract the eyes of the politicians, and they will do all they can to screw it up.
I would rather say, it is the best interest of the brahmins to vote for a single party and stay focussed on whom to elect next. There is nothing wrong in living under powerful but virtuos kings ( in the modern sense it might be business houses or political parties).

silver fox!
www.sarkaritel.com might help you lodge your grievences to appropriate person. Any how good seeing your criticism.
Mr.Karunanidhi quoted HIndu as "Thief" . Majaority of his vote bank is from the Community of Thieves? Was he begging vote from those thieves?
Another entity T.R. Balu from his own party stated that he was ashamed of being a hindu! Again this shameless creature would seek vote from the hindu community! Do they have guts to declare that they dont want vote from Hindu community?

Does anybody know the email id of Mr. Karunanidhi? If someone does, then we could send a barrage of emails on different issues. But it will probably fall on deaf ears! I have had several of my letters published in the venerable Washington Post. Will the Indian newspapers do an expose' or publish our letters to the Editor about the Chief Minister?

Silverfox!
pls acess www.sarkaritel.com

There have been a few features and polls on a few TV channels (including CNN-IBN, Times-Now, Headlines Today etc.), and also in the news dailies, on the occasion of the four South Indian States reaching their 50th year of formation linguistically after the Independence, as to who is the most popular persona in each of the south Indian States.

Something that attracted my attention, and I found amusing:

The persona who were finally chosen by public voting were all either politicians or film-stars, mostly current, and some who died in the last decade, but for the one chosen from Karnataka who was neither a film-star nor a politician.

The one chosen from Karnataka died in 1962, was never in politics, was not a film-star, and was elected by the present day Karnataka folks over and above the hugely popular "Kannada Kantheerava", Dr.Raj Kumar (who came second).

This one who was chosen as the most prominent persona, also never owned any mentionable property, and spent most of his income in distributing monthly cheques to students whom he supported financially. When asked to mention what was it that he prominently recalls from his childhood, he replied, "poverty".

To know who is this man, click the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokshagundam_Visvesvarayya

The best part is, his origins were not from Karnataka!

Last edited:
Dear Silverfox,

Your whole hearted welcome to canadian gopi has now sanctified the self conversion. A word in samskrith 'Sath ghuna Vikruthi'. That means the perversion of goodness. Look at what Mr.Gopi has ultimately says .... that is what (self conversion) many persons do this in Canada for the purpose of marriage ( note( imply-hidden) marrying a brahmin girl by persons mentioned by gopi)

Please do look at the heart not the persons mind alone. Let us understand the mind and motive of Gopi. Is it only for the purpose of marrying a brahmin girl that too in an affulaunt family (already there is scarcity of girls in brahmin community) Or what did really impress him to convert his caste. All of us are Hindus. Every one of us ultimately wants to attain moksha. That can be done from what we/you are now. Even No god is from brahmin ! Maharishi viswamithrar and Valmiki were not brahmins. They attained that status by virture of practicing high thapas in life and not by conversion of caste. Mr.Gopi tell us now What impresses you now the marriage or thapas? By virtur of your thapasvi livigin you can directly become God because the God is in you yourself.

GURUMURTHYJI

Your statement that you wished you were a brahmin, moved us all and we were humbled. We should be so lucky! A true Brahmin prays for the welfare of all human beings and living creatures. We wish you good luck! I hope everybody agree with me!
Peace on earth! Om Shanthi![/quote]

Hi Gopi from Canada,
You are most welcome on this website and to participate and voice your opinions openly. In fact, we have a few who are not Brahmins. We only ask you not to use profane or insulting language; otherwise, you are at liberty to disagree or voice a different point of view. Even though this site was started for the advancement and help of Brahmins, (due to what is happening in Tamil Nadu), we DO NOT advocate supremacy of one caste over the others.​

Your statement that you wished you were a brahmin, moved us all and we were humbled. We should be so lucky! A true Brahmin prays for the welfare of all human beings and living creatures. We wish you good luck! I hope everybody agree with me!​

Peace on earth! Om Shanthi!​

Dear Gurumurthyji:
I take people on their word. In other words, I assume people are good until they show they are not. In any case, I am sorry I didn't understand your posting; are you saying that Canada Gopi has posted here just to marry some Brahmin girl? If so, it would be insulting to all our wonderful Brahmin girls; they are intelligent enough to make wise choices and they are not commodity that one can buy in a store.
Also, Canada Gopi cannot convert to a particular caste ... at least as I know it.

Are not Tamil Brahmins Tamilans

Dear Silverfox,

This community, ******* in particular, has forgotten their original qualities and power.. May be due to the many centuries of foreign rule and consequent slavery mentality thirsted on to us . That makes people like us take people on their word and so do many of us. But reading between the lines, led to the questions I raised. It is now up to Canada Gopi to explain his purpose and let the days to come decide that. Until then I reserve my comments. Conversion to caste is only to emphasize the point and people like Gopi, I am sure can understand this. I appreciate your comments about the intelligence of our girls; but look at the reality in many poor/middle class ******* families in the cities and the villages. Intelligence and wise choices have to be always guided & supported with our own responsible conduction.

Dear Gurumurthyji:

<<"May be due to the many centuries of foreign rule and consequent slavery mentality thirsted on to us . That makes people like us take people on their word and so do many of us">>

I beg to differ with you;it takes a bigger person with enormous maturity to accept people on their word and to treat them as good. What has foreign rule got to do with this?

Besides, we cannot worry about what somebody's ulterior motives might be especially if they are on cyberspace! We have to move on!

Nevertheless, I appreciate your views.

Are not Tamil brahmis tamilians

Dear Silverfox,

[I beg to differ with you;it takes a bigger person with enormous maturity to
accept people on their word and to treat them as good. What has foreign rule
got to do with this?]

India is one of the only 2 civilisations ( the other one china) that have
continuous and un interrupted histpry of several millennia. Indian civilisational
history can be traced to more than 5000 years ago.life in india
continues to be defined and guided by the ideas principals and
preferences that were evolved at a very early stage and as
recordrd in the foundational litrature of indian civilisation.

The period of islamic rule was long; but at no point did indians
accept the superiority of the islamic civilisation. But during the
British phase, Indians especially the elite Indians began to entertain
douts about the truth and efficacy of indian civilisational ways.
From the middle of 19th century indian elite began to loose faith
in india and her civilisational genious both in its spiritual and
material aspects. But the spark lit by our leaders was not strong enough
to dispel the darkness generated by the European indoctrination. Once
again the elite indians began to negate their anchorage in the indian
civilisation and in sanathana dharma. The horrifying result is that to-day
we do not seem to know what is it in india that needs to be saved
and preserved in the face of the vigoros onslaughts of western modernity.
This is the most important and deeply tragic aspect of foreign rule
in Indian History. This is what I meant.

I do accept that we are on cyberspace! but what we see is only
the demo version. The real is different. Thank you for the appreciation.

GURUMURTHYJI

Thank You Vaylan

Thank you for coming to my rescue. I was only responding to K.Chandra. It seems our moderators have double standards. If any non-Brahmin abuses the Brahmin community, they keep quiet but if a Brahmin replies, they remove it immediately. It was a Telugu Brahmin,i.e., Mr.KSPV, and not any TAMBRAM, who wrote ill of the Kammas. K.Chandra should have taken him to task and should not have dragged the Tamil Brahmins in this fight between a Telugu Brahmin & the Kammas. I had NOT done anything wrong. I stand by my posting.

:preggers: :blah:

You are welcome Kaundinya.

Guys, we have moved beyond this little incident, but Kaundinya raises an important point.

Among Indian communities, Brahmins seem to me the least likely to support each other. No, I do not have any statistics and my observation is based on anecdotal recall.

If we don't support each other how can we expect others to support us ?

In your life, in your own way, make it a point to support your Brahmin friends regardless of sub-sects. ( Whether he is Tamil Brahmin , Telugu Brahmin, Iyer, Iyengar, etc etc - support and help your Brahmin brothers ! It's a start! )

Kaudinya

We do not allow postings that cast aspersions on a member or target a caste or community. As I wrote earlier, the moderators are not online always and have to go thru' the postings to filter out offending ones.

Be rest assured that if any posting vioates the rule it will be removed irrespective of who posted it. BTW, moderators have better things to do in life than playing favorites or double standards.

I would request all members to strictly adhere to the forum rules while posting.

Thanks for all your co-operation.

Ramki
Thank you for coming to my rescue. I was only responding to K.Chandra. It seems our moderators have double standards. If any non-Brahmin abuses the Brahmin community, they keep quiet but if a Brahmin replies, they remove it immediately. It was a Telugu Brahmin,i.e., Mr.KSPV, and not any TAMBRAM, who wrote ill of the Kammas. K.Chandra should have taken him to task and should not have dragged the Tamil Brahmins in this fight between a Telugu Brahmin & the Kammas. I had NOT done anything wrong. I stand by my posting.

:preggers: :blah:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back