• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anthyesti anthim karyams

Anthyesti anthim karyams

My father-in-laws younger brother passed away. Due to family misunderstanding there was no contact with him. He had not married and hence no children. Since he was not in good terms with his brothers family, he has written all property and asked someone else to do the last rites. we have no knowledge about this person.We were informed of it only after two days by another distance relative, after completing all the initial rites. Since he was my father-in-laws own brother , we are following the 10 days theetu. Please let us know whether we can celebrate and go to temples as usual as we do not know the expired chitappa.

Namaskaram Gopalan Maama,

I have a quick question. My Kollu thatha and my cousin's Kollu thata were brothers. My cousin and me are 4th generation relatives. His mother passed away yesterday in chennai. I am in the US. Should I perform kuzhi tharpanam on the 10th day? Please advise.

Thanks,

Srini

you can invite only on 13th day. nobody on tenth day.
Respected Gopalan Sir,

All the close family members who participate in the 10th day ceremony will take lunch.

Cards with black ink at the corner will be posted or e-mailed to them, as an intimation and NOT as an invitation.

My husband's father passed away yesterday in India. We live in the US, and he and his sister have already left for India. My husband is the kartha. Unfortunately, I am unable to travel now due to our young son being sick. Is it possible for him to complete the 13 days of rituals without me being present?

My husband's father passed away in India yesterday. We live in the US. He and his sister have already left for India. My husband is the kartha. Unfortunately, I cannot travel because our young son is sick. Can he perform the 13 day rituals without my presence? We appreciate any guidance. We follow Yajur Veda.

hi gopalan sir.

i did my mother's 10th to 13 days without my wife.....i live in USA...i went to rameshwaram and did all karyams...im the kartha too..

i have question abt oonamasukam/soda kumbam?....i can't do it in USA....CAN i do it with varshabhidhiham?...please guide me

hi gopalan sir.

i did my mother's 10th to 13 days without my wife.....i live in USA...i went to rameshwaram and did all karyams...im the kartha too..

i have question abt oonamasukam/soda kumbam?....i can't do it in USA....CAN i do it with varshabhidhiham?...please guide me

Sri tbs,

Why is it that you are unable to do oonamasikam and Soda Kumbam etc. in USA?
In most cities in USA there are very well educated Sastrigals available. We have two and they were educated in Veda Patashalas. I assume you can find good Vaddhyars in most places.

It is best to do this with Shraddha if at all possible. It will be expensive for sastrigal to come and do the event.

For both by parents, I ended up doing all events including Varshabdhikam (for 4 days) in USA and had two Vaddhyars at least.

One practice prevalent in USA is that most Sastrigal do not mind playing the roles of Vishvadeva and Pirtus (and have a full meal). It is possible to do all these with full fire ritual and with understanding in USA.

It all depends on where you live and how easy it is to find a Sastrigal to come to your home

first year sraththam should not be done in kasi also.only masikam can be done before varushapthikam along with one sodakumbam. oona masikam cannot be done if you have missed it on particular dates.see www.vadhyar.com they will help you.

Sri tbs,

Why is it that you are unable to do oonamasikam and Soda Kumbam etc. in USA?
In most cities in USA there are very well educated Sastrigals available. We have two and they were educated in Veda Patashalas. I assume you can find good Vaddhyars in most places.

It is best to do this with Shraddha if at all possible. It will be expensive for sastrigal to come and do the event.

For both by parents, I ended up doing all events including Varshabdhikam (for 4 days) in USA and had two Vaddhyars at least.

One practice prevalent in USA is that most Sastrigal do not mind playing the roles of Vishvadeva and Pirtus (and have a full meal). It is possible to do all these with full fire ritual and with understanding in USA.

It all depends on where you live and how easy it is to find a Sastrigal to come to your home
hi

i went to rameshawaram and did all 13 days karyams....even vadhyar there told me that vadhyars are not versed in APARA KRIYAS

IN RAMESHWARAMS ITSELF.....SO ITS HARD HERE TOO...but i try to do that...for masigam i can manage tarpanam....only

onamasigam/soda kumbam has some problems....

Dear Sir,

if you want to clarify the doubts about apara Karyam, pl. contact Ganesa Sastrigal in 9444361929 (pl. say ref. vasanthi) He will help you in clearing your doubts. Moreover, we know some sastrigal , who will perform apara karyam like srartham in Rameswaram. If you need, you can ask him this also.

Regards,

vasanthi

hi

i went to rameshawaram and did all 13 days karyams....even vadhyar there told me that vadhyars are not versed in APARA KRIYAS

IN RAMESHWARAMS ITSELF.....SO ITS HARD HERE TOO...but i try to do that...for masigam i can manage tarpanam....only

onamasigam/soda kumbam has some problems....

There are people who are extremely well versed in apara kriyas in USA.
The problem with priests in USA is that many have come as kurukkal role for a temple and have tried to morph into sastrigal role which rarely works.
You need to find people who have gone through veda patashalas in India and have practiced being a Sastrigal for a while in India. It is rare but they are available.

A competent Vadhyars are very much in demand :) they get requests to travel to many states and sometimes even internationally.

There are people who are extremely well versed in apara kriyas in USA.
The problem with priests in USA is that many have come as kurukkal role for a temple and have tried to morph into sastrigal role which rarely works.
You need to find people who have gone through veda patashalas in India and have practiced being a Sastrigal for a while in India. It is rare but they are available.

A competent Vadhyars are very much in demand :) they get requests to travel to many states and sometimes even internationally.
hi sir,

i myself veda patashala student ....i studied vedas more than eight years in veda patashala....but APARA KRIYA VADHYARS ARE

DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR VADHYARS.... this thing i really realised in rameshwaram...generally all APARA KRIYAS HAS TO DO

ONLY IN GNANA VAPI....it is speical place to do apara kriyas..but NOW EVERYTHING IS CONVENIENT AND ADJUSTABLE...

i heard ONLY one place in USA....sri sringeri sadhana centre in pennsylvania...they have special facility/special vadhyar for it...

hi sir,

i myself veda patashala student ....i studied vedas more than eight years in veda patashala....but APARA KRIYA VADHYARS ARE

DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR VADHYARS.... this thing i really realised in rameshwaram...generally all APARA KRIYAS HAS TO DO

ONLY IN GNANA VAPI....it is speical place to do apara kriyas..but NOW EVERYTHING IS CONVENIENT AND ADJUSTABLE...

i heard ONLY one place in USA....sri sringeri sadhana centre in pennsylvania...they have special facility/special vadhyar for it...

I think there are Vaddhyars in USA who are well versed in this. You can pay them to come to your place or go to a location like the one you mentioned. I agree that there are many 'fake' vaddhyars who are not experienced in such rituals.

In the end it is all about shraddha, know some meanings to some extent and do the best with available Vadhyar instead of missing it. That would be my suggestion

I think there are Vaddhyars in USA who are well versed in this. You can pay them to come to your place or go to a location like the one you mentioned. I agree that there are many 'fake' vaddhyars who are not experienced in such rituals.

In the end it is all about shraddha, know some meanings to some extent and do the best with available Vadhyar instead of missing it. That would be my suggestion
hi

i agreed on your suggestion....shraddhaya kriyate shraddham....

Namaskaram. Could you please suggest some vadyar in Hyderabad who will be willing to do hiranya srardham for my m-i-l on Panguni Shukla Saptami tithi. I live in Hyderabad. I am unable to get a tamil vadyar. Or is there any alternative you could suggest? Thanking you, Jayashree

Namaskaram. Could you please suggest some vadyar in Hyderabad who will be willing to do hiranya srardham for my m-i-l on Panguni Shukla Saptami tithi. I live in Hyderabad. I am unable to get a tamil vadyar. Or is there any alternative you could suggest? Thanking you, Jayashree

Yes madam,
You could try in Veda bhavan, malkajgiri for a Tamil vadhyar.
My vadhyar details are Venu vadhyar phone 9849258909

Regards
Jagadisan

Latest ads

Back