• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anthyesti anthim karyams

வருஷாப்தீகத்திற்கு பொதுவாக செய்ய வேண்டியவை.

யஜூர் வேதம் ஆபஸ்தம்ப ஸூத்ரம் : மற்ற வேதம், சூத்திரங்களுக்கு சில மாறுதல்கள் இருக்கும்.

ஊன மாசிகம். 340 நாட்களுக்கு மேல் 355 நாட்களுக்குள் ஒரு நல்ல நாள் பார்த்து செய்ய வேண்டும்.

பிரதமை, சஷ்டி, சதுர்தசி, அமாவாசை, வெள்ளி கிழமை , க்ருத்திகை கேட்டை, ஆயில்யம், பூரம், பூராடம், பூரட்டாதி. நக்ஷ்த்திரங்கள், இவைகளில் ஊனமாசிகம் செய்யக்கூடாது .

த்விதியை,,சப்தமி, த்வாதசி என்ற திதிகள், க்ருத்திகை, புனர்வஸு, உத்ரம்,விசாகம், உத்திராடம், , பூரட்டாதி என்ற நக்ஷதிரங்கள், ஞாயிறு, செவ்வாய், சனி என்ற வாரங்கள் இவைகளில் மூன்று சேர்ந்தால்,

த்ரிபுஷ்கரம், இரண்டு சேர்ந்தால் த்விபுஷ்கரம், இம்மாதிரி வந்தாலும் ஊன மாசிகம் இந்த நாட்களில் செய்ய க்கூடாது.

சாஸ்த்ரிகள் இவைகளை பார்த்து ஒரு நாள் பார்த்து சொல்வார். இந்த ஊன ஆப்தீகத்திற்கு ச்ராத்த சமயல் .மற்ற ஊன மாசிகம் செய்தது போல் .
ஹோமம் உண்டு. இந்த மாசிகத்தின் போது இதற்கு முன்னால் மாசிகம்

செய்ய முடியாது விட்டு போயிருந்தால் இப்போது அவைகளயும் சேர்த்து செய்ய வேண்டும். விட்டு போன மாசிகம் களுக்கு அரிசி, வாழைக்காய், தக்ஷிணை யாவது இன்று அவசியம் தக்ஷிணையுடன் கொடுக்க வேண்டும்..

இறந்த தமிழ் மாதம், பக்ஷம், திதிக்கு முதல் நாள் சோதகும்பம் செய்ய வேண்டும். ஒரு வாத்யாருக்கு சாப்பாடு. சமாராதனை சமையல்.
சோத கும்பமும் பிதா முதலிய மூவரை க்குறித்து செய்யப்படும் ச்ராத்தமே.

ஆனால் கர்தாவிற்கும் போக்தாவிற்கும் பார்வண ச்ராத்ததிற்கான உள்ள நியமங்கள் இல்லை. பிரும்ம யஜ்ஞம் , தேவ பூஜை செய்த பிறகும் இதை செய்யலாம். பன்னிரண்டாம் நாள் முதல் 364 ம் நாள் வரை தினமும் செய்ய வேண்டும் என அக்காலத்தில் எழுதி இருக்கிறார்கள்.

நியமம் அதிகம் இல்லாததால் இதற்கு சாஸ்திரிகள் வரணத்திற்கு ஒப்பு கொள்வார்கள். ஆனால் மாசிகத்திற்கு நியமம் அதிகம் உள்ளதால் சாஸ்திரிகள் மற்றவர்களை அனுப்புவார்கள்.

இன்று ஸோத கும்பம் சாப்பிட்ட வாத்யாருக்கு ஒரு பவுன் தங்கத்தில் ஒரு மோதிரம், , வெள்ளி பஞ்ச பாத்ர உத்திரிணி, வெள்ளி பவித்ரம் ஒன்று, 9x5 வேஷ்டி ,டவல்,

குடை, செருப்பு, விசிறி, ((பசு தானம், பூமி தானம்,)), மட்டை தேங்காயும் சந்தன கட்டையும், பித்ளை சொம்பு (ஒரு லிட்டர் கொள்ளலவு)
வெள்ளி கிண்ணத்தில் தேன் தானம் தர வேண்டும்.

பஞ்ச தானம்: பித்தளை சொம்பு ஜலத்துடன், மணி, வேத புத்தகம். ஒன்பதுx, 5 வேஷ்டி, தீபம், தீபத்தில் நெய் ஊற்றி, திரி போட்டு, எரிய விட்டு தீப ஜ்யோதி கர்த்தாவை பார்த்து இருக்குமாறு வைத்துக்கொண்டு தானம் செய்ய வேண்டும். இவைகளையும் தானம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.

வர்ஷாப்தீகம்:

சிராத்த சமையல். விஸ்வேதேவர், பித்ரு இருவர் சாப்பாடு. இவர்கள் இருவருக்கும் தங்க மோதிரம், வெள்ளி பஞ்ச பாத்ர உத்திரிணி, , வெள்ளி பவித்ரம் ஒன்று, வெள்ளி கிண்ணத்தில் தேன் ,

குடை, பாத ரக்ஷை, விசிறி, பித்தளை சொம்பு, டவல், 9x5 வேஷ்டி, பஞ்ச தானம் மட்டை தேங்காய், சந்தன கட்டை, இவைகளை இன்று மறுபடியும் தானம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.

சுபம்: இன்று நவகிரஹ ஹோமம், ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோமம், செய்கின்றோம். நவகிரக சமித்து, நவகிரக தான்யங்கள், நவகிரக வஸ்த்ரங்கள் , சமித்து, ஹவிஸ், நெய் ஹோமம்..

வீட்டிலுள்ள நபர்களின் பெயர், நக்ஷத்திரம், ராசி பேப்பரில் எழுதி சாஸ்த்ரிகளிடம் கொடுத்து விடவும். அதை பார்த்து அவர் ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோமம் செய்து விடுவார்..

நான்கு அல்லது ஐந்து சாஸ்த்ரிகள் வந்து இதை செய்து கொடுப்பார்கள் அவர்களுக்கு சாப்பாடு போடவும். தக்ஷிணை கொடுக்கவும்.

சாஸ்திரிகள் கர்த்தாவின் financial status க்கு தகுந்தாற்போல் தானப் பொருட்கள் , தக்ஷிணை பெற்றுக்கொள்வதால் நான் இங்கு எழுதுவது அதிக பக்ஷமாகவே இருக்கும்..

உதாரணம்: நவகிரக தான்யங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் 50 கிராமும் வைத்து செய்யலாம். 500 க்ராம் ஒவ்வொன்றும் வைத்தும் செய்யலாம். மிக பெரிய பணக்காரர்கள் 50 க்ராம் தான்யம் வைப்பார்கள்.

வைதீகர்களுக்கு, ஏழை ப்ராமணர்களுக்கும் கர்மா செய்து வைக்க வேண்டி இருப்பதால் அவர்களிடம் குறைவாகவும் மிக ப்பெரிய பணக்காரர்களிடம் அதிக மாகவும் வாங்கி சரி செய்து கொள்வார்கள்.

தானம் செய்யும் பொருட்களில் வேறு பாடுகள் இருக்கும். வைதீகர்கள் இதை நிரந்தரமாக ஓர் அளவு சொல்வதில்லை.

I read this material in one of the columns, which I thought would be proper
to add it here, so that, people do not know can have an idea.

At death, the physical body's funeral is performed. For further journey
of the atma another body called aativahika sharira is created by the
performer of the death rites. This is done by providing pindas to the
atma from day 1 to day 9. Some provide all the pindas together on
the 9th day. This is not appropriate. How the pindas provided on
each day is utilized is given below.

Day 1 - creation of head
Day 2 - creation of eyes, ears and nose
Day 3 - creation of neck, shoulder and hands
Day 4 - creation of back, sides, stomach, hips and private parts
Day 5 - creation of thighs, knees and crus
Day 6 - creation of ankles, feet, fingers and marmas (vulnerable nerve centres)
Day 7 - creation of bones, skull and marrow
Day 8 - creation of nails and hair
Day 9 - creation of strength and energy

With the body so acquired, the atma proceeds to the next world.

a great post.. mostly in agreement with deekshiteeyam.. but I find some minor local variations in rituals especiallly among Palakkad Iyers.. Of course nothing worth elaborating.

FOR THEETU OF A DECEASED PERSON.

For son= death of parents 10 days unclean. and also on 11th 12 th day during function time only theetu.

10 days daayaadhi= sapindargal. 10days daayaadhi 's death= ten days unclean. From the day you hear the news upto 10th day.

For one person 10 days pangaali= daayaadhi 's male child expires after 6 years 10 days unclean whether poonal is over or not.

For the daughter's son for the death of mother's father or mother 3 days unclean.

For the death of mother's brother or maamaa 3 days unclean .

For son-in-law Father -in law or mother-in law death 3 days unclean.

For the son of a woman elder or younger =for the death of chithi or periamma 3 days unclean.

marumaanukku athai death 3 days unclean.

for the brother death of a sister after her marriage 3 days unclean.

For the father death of daughter after her marriage 3 days unclean.

maamaavukku maruman death of a sister's son after upanayanam 3 days unclean.

For grand father death of daughter's son after upanayanam 3 days unclean.

for one person 3 days pangaali death 3 days unclean.

For the son who ahd been adopted by a third person 3 days unclean for his own father or mother.

For one person ten days pangaali's sondeath from 3 to 6 years of age 3 days unclean.

Amman seykku (maamaa 's son) athai's son or daughter (athan, athangal) death one and half days unclean.

Athai's son (athanukku) maamaa son or daughter death ( Amman sei, ammangar) one and half days unclean.

maamaavirku death of maruman or marumal after 3 years of age one and a half days unclean.

For a person death of mother's sister's daughter or son after marriage one and a half days unclean.

For a person death of mother,s sister's husband (elder or younger) one and a half days unclean.

for a grand father death of daughter's daughter or son( death after 3 years of age) or son's daughter one and half days unclean.

Father's second wife 's maamaa, chithi, periamma, sister's son or daughter, etc one day unclean.

for the death brother-in-law one day unclean (machinan) machini death only snaanam.

For a person within 3 generation ,s pangaali 's daughter's death below six years of age one day unclean.

For a widower death of MIL or FIL (without children) one day unclean.

For a person death of a 10 days pangaali's son age between 6months to 6 years of age one day unclean.

For the father in law death of son in law only snaanam.

For the machinan death of elder or younger sister's husband snaanam only.

For marumaan death of athai's husband snaanam only. machini death only snaanam.

For a person death of co-brother (shuddagar) wife of athan (aththan madhani), maamaa son's wife, chithi's daughter- in law etc snaanam only.

To be continued.
Dear moderator,I came from Chennai to Australia for my daughter-in law's delivery.I heard the news about my periyappa(elder brother of my father)has passed away today early morning in India.At my son's area no sasthrigal is available to perform the kuzhi tharpanam for my periyappa and I am not in a position to return to Chennai at present.In this situation kindly advise me how to perform the kuzhi tharpanam and weather ito be perform dailyfrom today upto tenth day or I have to perform tenth day only.And I am very much helpful if the manthras for kuzhi tharpana and the way of performing provided.Namasthe. [email protected]

There is an article in the net about the performance of Tharpanam. You may
download it, wherein Kuzhi Tharpanam is also mentioned. But there is a doubt
whether it can be done at an area, outside the dedicated place. I heard about
the same one on an earlier occasion too. The Sastrigal was having a different
idea. Let me post the message through your mail in a few hours. There is
site in this forum itself about this aspect. You may also browse it.

Balasubramanian

Dear sir
pl.clarify the following doubt.can masikam be postponed during the periods of daughter-in-law,if not what is the procedure.pl.
Vedam

it has to be necessarily postponed.. The rituals can be performed along with the rituals of the next month.. Some even perform all the monthly rituals all together just before the first annual ceremony.. This is possible because all the monthly rituals are performed symbolically even before the twelth day ceremony by Tamil brahmins.

Dear Sir,

I would appreciate having certain clarifications on Pitru Karyams

1. After how long shaving can be done. There are different opinions and some say as per sastram we cannot shave for 1 year while some of the priests say we can do regular shaving after 13th day with prayaschittham. I would appreciate knowing the right procedure

2. Also after the 13th day, the recommendation is to do punyahavajanam of the respective place of stay if sons stay independently in different locations. I was told, the punyahavajanam needs to be done separately if you happen to cross a small stream of water even while taking the waters to different places of stay. Is it applicable to flowing water or to all water bodies irrespective of stagnant or flowing.

3. As per Garuda puranam, one has to do 3 GO dhanams for deparated soul for making the journey smooth.Some priests suggest using a coconut in that place. whether this is permitted

4. There was also a mention on if Sodhakumbam is missed out, it cannot be re done on a different date while masikams can be combined together on the Aapdheegam. Would appreciate if some one can explain the relevance on this.

Thanks in advance for the clarifications

Best Regards
Chandrasekaran

Dear Mr. Gopalan Sir,
Appreciate if you could kindly clarify on my queries above.

1. Can one start normal shaving after the greykkiyam is done. Some say normal shaving should not be done for 1 year after pitru karyams. I suppose this was the practice earlier but in the current day conditions, it would be difficult for kartha to follow this tradition as mostly the kartha or gyathi's stay abroad and due to work exigencies, they might be forced to do the normal shaving and hair cut. Is there any prayaschiththam for this. I get different opinions from different sastrigals (the one in India and the one in Singapore). Some suggest avoiding normal shaving for the paksham until the ththi.

2. I hear from Orthodox sastrigals that punyahavajanam water loses sanctitty once you cross even a small stream of water (whether river or waste water drain). So he was suggesting separate punyahavajanam for each place of living though the sons are living in the same city. Would appreciate a clarification.

3,. On the Cow dhanam's I read one of the posts where Mattai Thengai is mentioned and so I presume this is a accepted practice.

Thanks
Best Regards
Chandrasekaran

After thirteenth day we can have regular shaving. only the kartha who is doing sodhakumpam and masyam every month should not do shaving on that paksham. or three days brfore you must stop shaving.

punyahavachanam must be done in each place of living though the son is living in the upstairs on the same house or in the same villas. it is only a small function .only one sastrikal is enough.

mattai thenkai with dakshina is enough to do cow dhaanam.

Can anybody enlighten me on the role of grand children in the 10th. 11th, 12th and 13th days ? My mother passed away last week and my children are employed in responsible positions and unable to get leave for 4 days continuously. However, some elders insist that their presence is a must during these days. Kindly help me to resolve this. Thanks.- Ramabhadran

There is a book available (self-explanatory) in Giri Trading about Hindu rites and about
Sadhacharams, etc. Once you get a copy, all the doubts and queries could be cleared.
Also book is available about the Mantras being chanted during Srardhams. But one
should buy a relevant soothram viz. Aapasthamba, etc.

Mahalaya Paksha has started from yesterday the 9th September 2014. Usually I used to refer to the online web site
Welcome to Pradosham.com for the daily tharpana sankalpa mantra during the paksha.This year they have not posted the sankalpa mantra so far.If any of the members of this forum could post the sankalpa mantra at the earliest it would be of great help.

Mahalaya Paksha has started from yesterday the 9th September 2014. Usually I used to refer to the online web site
Welcome to Pradosham.com for the daily tharpana sankalpa mantra during the paksha.This year they have not posted the sankalpa mantra so far.If any of the members of this forum could post the sankalpa mantra at the earliest it would be of great help.

Sir
, Please refer to page 5 of the Mahalaya tharpanavidhi thread. Shri Gopalan sir had posted the sankalpam in Marchthis year. Incidentally, Mahalaya Paksham is starting from today.

​Thanks

In Giri Trading a book is available about the procedure for Mahalaya Paksham. Vaidhekasree Sep Edition contains all the details. You may like to procure one for use during this fortnight.

மஹாளய-பக்ஷ-தர்ப்பணம் 10-09-2014.
உதவி-சில குறிப்புகள்-வைதிகஸ்ரீ.
((ஃபேஸ் புக் நண்பர்களுக்கு-வெளியூரிலோ,வெளி நாட்டிலோ சாஸ்திரிகள் கிடைக்காத பக்ஷத்தில் ஒரு நாள் முன்பாகவே அடுத்த நாளுக்கு உண்டான சங்கல்பம் போஸ்ட் பண்ணப்படும்.இரண்டாம் பதிவு இன்று இது வலையிலிருந்தும் மற்றும் வைதிகஸ்ரீ குறிப்புகள் சேர்ந்தும் எடிட் செய்யப்பட்டது.)
கூடியவரை 15 நாட்களும் போஸ்டாகும்)
10-09-2014(புதன் கிழமை)
(த்விதீ)
(10-00 மணிக்கு மேல் பண்ணுகிறவர்கள் யோகம் மாற்றி சொல்ல வேண்டும்.
ஜயநாம ஸம்வத்ஸரே தக்ஷிணாயனே…வர்ஷருதெள …… ஸிம்ஹ……மாஸே……க்ருஷ்ண பக்ஷே…த்விதீயாயாம் புண்ய திதெள …சௌம்யவாஸர யுக்தாயாம்…உத்ர ப்ரோஷ்டபதா நக்ஷத்ர யுக்தாயாம் ஸூல(10-00க்கு மேல் கண்ட) யோக தைதிலகரன ஏவங்குண ஸகல விசேஷன விசிஷ்டாயாம் அஸ்யாம் த்விதீயாயாம் புண்ய திதெள
(பூணல் இடம்) ப்ராசீணாவீதி ………….கோத்ராணாம் ……………ஸர்மணாம் வஸு ருத்ர ஆதித்ய ஸ்வரூபாணாம் அஸ்மத் பித்ரு பிதாமஹ ப்ரபிதாமஹானாம் (தாயார் இல்லாதவருக்கு மட்டும்)……………….கோத்ரானாம்----------------(பெயர்கள் சொல்லவும்) (அம்மா பாட்டி அம்மாவின் பாட்டி) தானாம்
வசு ருத்ர ஆதித்ய ஸ்வரூபானாம் அஸ்மத் மாத்ரு பிதாமஹீ ப்ரபிதாமஹீனாம் ( பின் வரும் மந்திரத்தை தாயார் இருப்பவர் சொல்லவும்)…………..கோத்ரானாம்……………..தானாம் வசு ருத்ர ஆதித்ய ஸ்வரூபாணாம் அஸ்மத் பிதாமஹீ, பிதுர் பிதாமஹீ பிது:ப்ரபிதாமஹீனாம்) தாயார் பிறந்த கோத்ரம்
சொல்லவும் …………கோத்ராணாம்…………. சர்மனாம் வஸு ருத்ர ஆதித்ய ஸ்வரூபாணாம் அஸ்மத் சபத்னீக மாதா மஹ மாது:பிதாமஹ: மாது:ப்ரபிதாமஹானாம் உபய வம்ஸ பித்ரூணாம் தத் தத் கோத்ராணாம், தத் தத் சர்மணாம், வஸூ வஸூ ஸ்வரூபாணாம், பித்ருவ்ய - மாதுலாதி வர்கத்வய அவசிஷ்டாணாம், ஸர்வேஷாம் காருணிக பித்ரூணாம், அக்ஷய்ய த்ருப்த்யர்த்தம், ஸிம்ஹங்கதே.ஸவிதரி
ஆஷாட்யாதி பஞ்சமாபரபக்ஷ ப்ரயுக்த மஹாளயபக்ஷ
புண்யகாலே பக்ஷீய மஹாளய ஸ்ராத்தம்
திலதர்ப்பண ரூபேண அத்ய கரிஷ்யே

Dear Sir,
My Mother Expired on 25 November 2015, (Krithikai, Suklapaksha, Thrithiyai) How to calculate the dates for oonamasikams? I have performed 27th day and 45th day oonamasikam. What are other oonamasikams I should perform and AApdikm and how to calculate dates. With best regards.
Srinivasan.

you have to do masikam on 22-3-15; 21-4-15;20-5-15;19-6-15;18-7-15; 16-9-15; 15-10-15; 14-11-15-and Aaptheekam on 14-12-2015. sothakumpam must be done every month on the previous day of masikam.

6th month oonam you can do on one day from 170th day to180th day. then you have to do one oona maasikam from 341th day to 355th day.

oona masikam should not be done on the kartha"s birth star day.. tuesday; friday, saturday, prathamai. shasti, ekaathasi, chathurthi, navami. chathurthasi are not eligible to do oona masikam.

select one day from 10th may to 20th may for doing oona maasikam. and for another oonna masikam from 26th nov to 10th dec. 2015.

you have to do masikam on 22-3-15; 21-4-15;20-5-15;19-6-15;18-7-15; 16-9-15; 15-10-15; 14-11-15-and Aaptheekam on 14-12-2015. sothakumpam must be done every month on the previous day of masikam.

6th month oonam you can do on one day from 170th day to180th day. then you have to do one oona maasikam from 341th day to 355th day.

oona masikam should not be done on the kartha"s birth star day.. tuesday; friday, saturday, prathamai. shasti, ekaathasi, chathurthi, navami. chathurthasi are not eligible to do oona masikam.

select one day from 10th may to 20th may for doing oona maasikam. and for another oonna masikam from 26th nov to 10th dec. 2015.

Small clarification required, Is above thithis for not conducting una masikam, Is shradha thithi OR suryoodaya thithi? & I believe this is due to the upavaasa days if suryoodaya thithi.

Regards,
Srinivas

Gopalan ji
One question: My father in law passed away a week back . I believe i have theetu for 3 days. I was also eating in their house and taking coffee at times (cannot refuse). Im the one helping my brother in law. Normally come home and take bath and doing sandhyavandam before i do japams. My brother in law comes home one and off within the 13 days Other than punnyahavachanam anything can be done. Like feeding cow, vedhaadhyanam (if so what) or cauvery snanm. let me know please.

Latest ads

Back