• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anthyesti anthim karyams

OP
K

kgopalan

first year sraththam should not be done in kasi also.only masikam can be done before varushapthikam along with one sodakumbam. oona masikam cannot be done if you have missed it on particular dates.see www.vadhyar.com they will help you.

tbs

Sri tbs,

Why is it that you are unable to do oonamasikam and Soda Kumbam etc. in USA?
In most cities in USA there are very well educated Sastrigals available. We have two and they were educated in Veda Patashalas. I assume you can find good Vaddhyars in most places.

It is best to do this with Shraddha if at all possible. It will be expensive for sastrigal to come and do the event.

For both by parents, I ended up doing all events including Varshabdhikam (for 4 days) in USA and had two Vaddhyars at least.

One practice prevalent in USA is that most Sastrigal do not mind playing the roles of Vishvadeva and Pirtus (and have a full meal). It is possible to do all these with full fire ritual and with understanding in USA.

It all depends on where you live and how easy it is to find a Sastrigal to come to your home
hi

i went to rameshawaram and did all 13 days karyams....even vadhyar there told me that vadhyars are not versed in APARA KRIYAS

IN RAMESHWARAMS ITSELF.....SO ITS HARD HERE TOO...but i try to do that...for masigam i can manage tarpanam....only

onamasigam/soda kumbam has some problems....

Dear Sir,

if you want to clarify the doubts about apara Karyam, pl. contact Ganesa Sastrigal in 9444361929 (pl. say ref. vasanthi) He will help you in clearing your doubts. Moreover, we know some sastrigal , who will perform apara karyam like srartham in Rameswaram. If you need, you can ask him this also.

Regards,

vasanthi

tks

hi

i went to rameshawaram and did all 13 days karyams....even vadhyar there told me that vadhyars are not versed in APARA KRIYAS

IN RAMESHWARAMS ITSELF.....SO ITS HARD HERE TOO...but i try to do that...for masigam i can manage tarpanam....only

onamasigam/soda kumbam has some problems....

There are people who are extremely well versed in apara kriyas in USA.
The problem with priests in USA is that many have come as kurukkal role for a temple and have tried to morph into sastrigal role which rarely works.
You need to find people who have gone through veda patashalas in India and have practiced being a Sastrigal for a while in India. It is rare but they are available.

A competent Vadhyars are very much in demand :) they get requests to travel to many states and sometimes even internationally.

tbs

There are people who are extremely well versed in apara kriyas in USA.
The problem with priests in USA is that many have come as kurukkal role for a temple and have tried to morph into sastrigal role which rarely works.
You need to find people who have gone through veda patashalas in India and have practiced being a Sastrigal for a while in India. It is rare but they are available.

A competent Vadhyars are very much in demand :) they get requests to travel to many states and sometimes even internationally.
hi sir,

i myself veda patashala student ....i studied vedas more than eight years in veda patashala....but APARA KRIYA VADHYARS ARE

DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR VADHYARS.... this thing i really realised in rameshwaram...generally all APARA KRIYAS HAS TO DO

ONLY IN GNANA VAPI....it is speical place to do apara kriyas..but NOW EVERYTHING IS CONVENIENT AND ADJUSTABLE...

i heard ONLY one place in USA....sri sringeri sadhana centre in pennsylvania...they have special facility/special vadhyar for it...

tks

hi sir,

i myself veda patashala student ....i studied vedas more than eight years in veda patashala....but APARA KRIYA VADHYARS ARE

DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR VADHYARS.... this thing i really realised in rameshwaram...generally all APARA KRIYAS HAS TO DO

ONLY IN GNANA VAPI....it is speical place to do apara kriyas..but NOW EVERYTHING IS CONVENIENT AND ADJUSTABLE...

i heard ONLY one place in USA....sri sringeri sadhana centre in pennsylvania...they have special facility/special vadhyar for it...

I think there are Vaddhyars in USA who are well versed in this. You can pay them to come to your place or go to a location like the one you mentioned. I agree that there are many 'fake' vaddhyars who are not experienced in such rituals.

In the end it is all about shraddha, know some meanings to some extent and do the best with available Vadhyar instead of missing it. That would be my suggestion

tbs

I think there are Vaddhyars in USA who are well versed in this. You can pay them to come to your place or go to a location like the one you mentioned. I agree that there are many 'fake' vaddhyars who are not experienced in such rituals.

In the end it is all about shraddha, know some meanings to some extent and do the best with available Vadhyar instead of missing it. That would be my suggestion
hi

i agreed on your suggestion....shraddhaya kriyate shraddham....

Namaskaram. Could you please suggest some vadyar in Hyderabad who will be willing to do hiranya srardham for my m-i-l on Panguni Shukla Saptami tithi. I live in Hyderabad. I am unable to get a tamil vadyar. Or is there any alternative you could suggest? Thanking you, Jayashree

jagadi58

Namaskaram. Could you please suggest some vadyar in Hyderabad who will be willing to do hiranya srardham for my m-i-l on Panguni Shukla Saptami tithi. I live in Hyderabad. I am unable to get a tamil vadyar. Or is there any alternative you could suggest? Thanking you, Jayashree

Yes madam,
You could try in Veda bhavan, malkajgiri for a Tamil vadhyar.
My vadhyar details are Venu vadhyar phone 9849258909

Regards
Jagadisan

OP
K

kgopalan

Sri Sankara Gurukula Veda Pathshala, you may contact this sankara mutt.
18-261, Mallikarjuna Nagar,
Malkajgiri
Hyderabad-500047, Andhra Pradesh
Contact Mr. Sridhar 91 40 27227669
[email protected]
(Supported by MSRVVP)
Introduction of Sri Sankara Gurukula Veda Pathashala

Suguna Venkat

To Sri K Gopalan

Sir we are facing an extra ordinary situation and seek you advise. Is it possible to elaborate through private message as I am not comfortable to post on thread. Thank you and regards

Namaskarams,
My father who did adyayanam in vedapadasala, He is 95 yrs old and the doctors are told as no hope. Is there any prayachitham to be done by him before his soul rest in peace. kindly inform in details please. with kind respects ramani.

vedam33

sri k Gopalan will you pl.clarify the following doubt.my mother sister unmarried who is of age 80 years expired on 23rd august and i did cremation .what is the further procedure to be done means is 9th 10th 11th day should be performed ,if so detailed procedure shall be shared.

vichu49

A fresh query from my side please
my aunt expired today-maternal uncle’s wife and we have 3 day Theettu
query : can we light deepam and do Ganesh puja?
vishwanath

umaravi

Dear Gopalan Sir,

I have a question. I have varying views on this. As I am doing Shiva panchayatana puja, I want to know the correct rule.
My father who is no more, has pleny of aged cousins (my father's periyappa's sons). A new of death from one from that family is very regular.

Yesterday my father's periyappa's son's wife passed away. my question is
1. does this come under the 7 generations rule?
2. Do I have to observe 10 days theettu or 3 days theettu
3. Can I do amavasai tharpanam during the theettu period?

Really appreciate if you can clarify my doubts
Ravi Sundaram

Srila29

Namaskaram!!
I have few queries and will be very thankful if you could help me.
My husband's grandfather's grandfather's brother's grandson passed away 2 days back.I keep golu every year and I really don't want to miss it this year.
1.In this case should we see 10 days pelai and not keep golu ��??
2.If not golu, can I go for vethalai paaku alone to my friend's home,if they insist that they don't believe in these?
3.10 days duration finishes by 15th and can I keep golu for at least last 3 days starting 16th?
I will be very grateful if you could clear my doubts.
Thanks
Srilakshmi