• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Age difference between boy and girl for marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri SS Ji,

I thought you were open minded. But your tandem act with s007bala with mutual patting of each other's behind tells me otherwise.

You tried to defend his statement which can not be defended by logic. Please stop this mutual admiration society. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS
I was quite surprised to see your earlier posting shri KRS, and this one too...! I would have done the same regardless of the poster... my focus is on the subject and not on the poster...

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear sridharvasudevan Ji,

I have no beef against you. I have read the mails posted after I announced my leaving and some have left a bad taste - not yours.

I am seeing for the first time in this Forum where a couple of 'friends' are tag teaming with each other, openly. I know where a goon is involved in this, but I do not understand the stance of the other who seemed to be a logical and reasonable person.

Regards,
KRS

Dear SS Ji,
You knew I dealt fairly and upfront with you. You said so in your postings.

But then at the same time, I saw you agreeing with the ramblings of your friend, especially his comments about me on a personal level under the thread 'Suggestions...' by Sri Pannvalan Ji. It seems to me then, you are taking sides. You did not ask the ruffian why he was attacking me personally, but rather you chose to tell me that he did not mean it!

What do you call such a behaviour?

Regards,
KRS
I was quite surprised to see your earlier posting shri KRS, and this one too...! I would have done the same regardless of the poster... my focus is on the subject and not on the poster...

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear KRS,

I appreciate your reply and would like to address something in general. Please write back to me if you want me to remove this posting later.

Dear KRS, Bala, SS, and anyone who feels this is apt for you,

We have a common forum here to share thoughts and also share friendliness. It is common that everyone has a different view point and we do not expect anyone here to be free from ego. But, when our discussions or writings reflect our ego or instigate a feeling of ego in the other - let us then try to reconcile and move on. The feeling of friendship should be the one that should motivate us to visit this forum again and again. Please consider this as an earnest request and no finger pointing at anyone here.

We all have enough work to do in this world and proving our point in a forum, I believe, would be the least important of them. After all, this could be a place where we can shed our egos because there is nothing to lose or gain at the end of the discussion, but for the knowledge and maturity with which we leave from here - back to our daily lives.

I have great respect for every one of you - KRS, Bala and SS as people who have helped in sharing thoughts and providing your perspectives of life.

Bala, Please write with the same decorum you normally maintain with me. I have not seen you writing Captain Haddock stuff to me. Maybe because I do not ignite you, but still...pls bala.

Shri KRS,

myself and mango had a long discussion on certain philosophical beliefs... where I tried to point out that logic is but a state of perception...

I say the same to you now...

Earlier, you seemed to question bala on his belief and followed his posts... so, I said that it was a question of puffed up egos on both sides - you and bala...

What else could I say? It is easy to judge one as taking sides, if the thought agrees with the other... somebody else can easily say that am taking sides with you, if they were to see posts of mutual agreement...

bala's expression in this forum is something which probably you do not like... but I see no wrong in his method... if certain things go too far, there is always a way of telling things...

I will say what I have to say, regardless of how people take it...

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear SV Ji,

I appreciate your sentiments. One of the reasons I have decided to come back, gulping my pride is because, when Sri Kunjuppu Ji (who I consider a very noble soul) wrote, directly addressing these two people, the goonda selectively chose his statement and Sri SS Ji, unfortunately was a no show. This told me that Sri Naachinarkiniyan Ji was correct all along. There is a tandem hand off going here and enies it, what all I can say is read his and his 'friend's' postings in the past.

It is a real danger when a person mouths of on anything under the sun without any real experience or knowledge about a subject. For example, a statement was made: 'Marriage is a form of legalized prostitution because of (some crude statement)'.

I was waiting for someone to refute this absurd statement. A marriage is for sex? Is this what our Rishis taught us? Execept this is coming out from the mouth of this goon who thinks that Maha Periaval is his Guru? How come no one challenged this statement?

Dear Sri SS Ji, let me ask: Do you believe this? If you say 'yes', then I can discuss this with you.

This is exactly why I think that there is a Cabal forming here.

Regards,
KRS

Shri KRS, you are wrong again... please go back to the thread and see my reply to kunjuppu...

In fact nacchi is the real "no show", as even after clarification by me and shri SV, he has not accepted his mistake... I tell this since you mentioned that his suspicions are correct...

As for marriage and bala's statement, please see the thread in which he has posted it and the context... ravivararo was referring to the priests as medium or mamas and the discussion took a different turn... this type of dialogues cannot be met with refineness... certain statements may have been made which only fit in for the logic of the debaters... and not others...

Moreover the idea that me and bala are acting in tandem just because I had not refuted certain statements, while endorsing others can only be treated as a joke... if it were the case, then this whole forum could be divided into several sub groups based on that...

Let us not think that way, in the best interests of this forum and for a healthy relationship...

Thanks,
Seshadri

Dear KRS,

I appreciate your coming back. I would appreciate even more if we could all see you the same friendly person as before. I am not sure about the point at which some one ignited you in the past few weeks.

Everyone has said something wrong in their life and it could also be in this forum. The person whom you say has been right all along, had written something about me and SS being the IDs of the same person. So wasn't he wrong there? I have no issues with him or anyone here, but wanted you to know even the best of our idols can be wrong. So let us not fight over it.

Let us discuss the topics and not the attitude of a person. The best way to handle a bully or a goon or mis-behaviour by any member in a forum is to ignore him/her. When it becomes un-bearable, the moderator will come in, because as you say he/she has a bigger stake in the forum. Raising war cries only raises the heat around here.

Dear Sri SS Ji,
My response in red.
Shri KRS,

myself and mango had a long discussion on certain philosophical beliefs... where I tried to point out that logic is but a state of perception...

I say the same to you now...

But logic applies to Prakrithi. That is why we have a whole tradition of Nyayaa. The problem comes in when we mix where logic applies with where it does not apply. Faith is beyond logic. But faith can not intrude into logic. For example, logic can not determine who the GOD is. Because logic is valid only in a closed system. And viceversa. Faith can not say that a sick person will be cured on prayers alone - without medication.

Earlier, you seemed to question bala on his belief and followed his posts... so, I said that it was a question of puffed up egos on both sides - you and bala...

If you remember, I never questioned his beliefs, except to say that I do not believe that his fantastic theory of anagrams to say that Abrahamic religions sprang out of Sanatana Dharma. The issue with him was that where logic was applied to reach a conclusion, he said that I was wrong (based on his magical arguments) and called me names (senile, douche bag, etc.) I never attacked him personally - I attacked his ideas.

What else could I say? It is easy to judge one as taking sides, if the thought agrees with the other... somebody else can easily say that am taking sides with you, if they were to see posts of mutual agreement...
I know you are joking! Let me here from our readership whose side you are on?
bala's expression in this forum is something which probably you do not like... but I see no wrong in his method... if certain things go too far, there is always a way of telling things...
I care a whit about his style. What I dislike is that he does not accept logic and misleads. I dislike it when he does not substantiate his statements with logic. It is very dangerous to dismiss logic. For example, when I said that the stocks reflected the future, his answer was that there was an asterisk for mutual funds to say that the past performance is not indicative of future results! Is this the logic from a person educated on how the stock market works? Where is the standard? Yet he has no problem spouting off!
I am begining to doubt this - because in one of your statements you cited people who are generally regarded as 'conservatives' in this Forum.

I think you are coming with a Trojan Horse where you say you are open minded and yet you take sides. A person as erudite, as educated and as refined as Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji would not be looked down by you if you have an open mind.

Regards,
KRS

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear SV Ji,

The reason Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji said that, in my opinion, was that in the past a couple of incidents took place where he was attacked with collusion.

I was too and I exposed those people.

In my opinion, he overreacted. But then again as a tandem, Bala attacked him personally from no where, when Sri Nacchi Ji was dealing with his 'friend'. And with you popping up at the same time, I can understand why he would come to that conclusion.

But, knowing him as I do within this Forum, I am sure he would admit his mistake and come forward. I really hope so. Because, among all of us he has the knowledge, erudition, wisdom and above all the love towards our religion to educate us all.

Regards,
KRS
Dear KRS,

I appreciate your coming back. I would appreciate even more if we could all see you the same friendly person as before. I am not sure about the point at which some one ignited you in the past few weeks.

Everyone has said something wrong in their life and it could also be in this forum. The person whom you say has been right all along, had written something about me and SS being the IDs of the same person. So wasn't he wrong there? I have no issues with him or anyone here, but wanted you to know even the best of our idols can be wrong. So let us not fight over it.

Let us discuss the topics and not the attitude of a person. The best way to handle a bully or a goon or mis-behaviour by any member in a forum is to ignore him/her. When it becomes un-bearable, the moderator will come in, because as you say he/she has a bigger stake in the forum. Raising war cries only raises the heat around here.

Shri KRS,

Logic is how human mind looks through the world... It cannot be said to be limited to certain quarters only... If validated by proofs, observation and experimentation it takes the name of science.

Even I had said to bala that I doubt his theory of anagrams - but there was no such ignited words from him!!! It is because that some of your words could have ignited him as well, just as his had done to you...

I know you are joking! Let me here from our readership whose side you are on?
Sure, you are welcome to that...

I care a whit about his style. What I dislike is that he does not accept logic and misleads. I dislike it when he does not substantiate his statements with logic. It is very dangerous to dismiss logic. For example, when I said that the stocks reflected the future, his answer was that there was an asterisk for mutual funds to say that the past performance is not indicative of future results! Is this the logic from a person educated on how the stock market works? Where is the standard? Yet he has no problem spouting off!
I think, you do not apply your same logic of tolerance and perseverance to his words; and yet it was you who advised me of the same in the thread "Implications of logic"...

Bala was wrong in commenting about valuation... but he did not mean about the financial aspects... also I do not think him to be ignorant, rather he had misplaced views about how it actually is...
I am begining to doubt this - because in one of your statements you cited people who are generally regarded as 'conservatives' in this Forum.

I think you are coming with a Trojan Horse where you say you are open minded and yet you take sides. A person as erudite, as educated and as refined as Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji would not be looked down by you if you have an open mind
I do not recollect the citation nor the context, but you are free to doubt it, as that is your prerogative...

Again, the cliche!!! Who is taking sides here? I admired nacchi's posts before, but he seems to have a serious attitude problem... what is the use of vidya, if one does not have humility and the courage to accept one's mistakes?

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear KRS,

In my opinion everyone here educates me, one way or the other. And everyone here has their own things to learn.

About being attacked in collusion - if there were any postings from me on that chain, then it had some rhyme and reason, even references and co-related points from earlier postings on that thread. There was no malice in my postings there, no personal attack - simple questions on the topic. Since the replies and no replies indicated that there was no real outcome, I moved on.

One good thing that you said was that, there was an over-reaction, a conclusion that was wrong and even I was a scape goat of all this talk because my name was being called there. Well I don't have any issues. And yes it would be welcome if there is an acceptance of mistake in doing so, which is yet to come. I don't expect it, because I do not want ANY elderly person to say sorry to me - especially in a forum which implies the apology will be in written - no thank you. Your words are already soothing enough for the anguish which I did not show till now.

Dear Sri SS Ji,

Regarding the goon, I don't want to extend the conversation. If you do not know by now how he behaved, then there is no use in conversing further. The readers know. I know.

Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji is a rare soul who knows more about our religion than any one else in this Forum (my opinion). I am sorry you two started on a contentious course (By the way your friend has determined that Sri Nacchi was his enemy based on your conversation with him alons, as he from nowhere suddenly attacked him personally).

With Bala, what can I say? He knows about all the topics under the sun with a magical twist. If you find his postings to be valid and interesting, what else can I say? Good luck to you.

Regards,
KRS

Shri KRS,

Logic is how human mind looks through the world... It cannot be said to be limited to certain quarters only... If validated by proofs, observation and experimentation it takes the name of science.

Even I had said to bala that I doubt his theory of anagrams - but there was no such ignited words from him!!! It is because that some of your words could have ignited him as well, just as his had done to you...

Sure, you are welcome to that...

I think, you do not apply your same logic of tolerance and perseverance to his words; and yet it was you who advised me of the same in the thread "Implications of logic"...

Bala was wrong in commenting about valuation... but he did not mean about the financial aspects... also I do not think him to be ignorant, rather he had misplaced views about how it actually is...
I do not recollect the citation nor the context, but you are free to doubt it, as that is your prerogative...

Again, the cliche!!! Who is taking sides here? I admired nacchi's posts before, but he seems to have a serious attitude problem... what is the use of vidya, if one does not have humility and the courage to accept one's mistakes?

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear KRS,

In my opinion everyone here educates me, one way or the other. And everyone here has their own things to learn.

About being attacked in collusion - if there were any postings from me on that chain, then it had some rhyme and reason, even references and co-related points from earlier postings on that thread. There was no malice in my postings there, no personal attack - simple questions on the topic. Since the replies and no replies indicated that there was no real outcome, I moved on.

One good thing that you said was that, there was an over-reaction, a conclusion that was wrong and even I was a scape goat of all this talk because my name was being called there. Well I don't have any issues. And yes it would be welcome if there is an acceptance of mistake in doing so, which is yet to come. I don't expect it, because I do not want ANY elderly person to say sorry to me - especially in a forum which implies the apology will be in written - no thank you. Your words are already soothing enough for the anguish which I did not show till now.
Shri SV, your post shows me the human side of things... neither do I would wish an elderly person to say a direct apology... Future posts could infer that the tone has softened and that the suspicions have died away... but it did not happen.

Anyway, I feel that am swayed by simple accusations that have no consequence in reality.... So, I too wish to leave this topic.

Thanks

Shri KRS, I think it would be better for us if we leave the topic of accusing and counter accusing, suspecting and debating as to who is taking whose side.. etc...

This forum is for discussions... whether we are educated in a particular line or not, all harbour certain impressions on topics and try to defend that... It is through persisting with logic that one can see the truth of any statement... but then, not all topics can be bracketed as such...

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear all,

Just voicing something...

Bala was certainly wrong in bullying, and he did go around bullying not just one person..he is at best ignorable in such cases...but i suppose he is not aware of the legal possibilites or implications of going around making nonsensical statement abt politicians and mutts...anyways, let that be..

Sesh, Nji seems to have suspected that you and SV are the same person based on your posts being rather tandem or similar. Hope that comes across as an assumption, not an accusation...

Its pointless to hold on to anything as a moot point...please i request all of you to let bygones be bygones.

This is a great place to learn and share. Ppl like my mum and those elderly folk like to read up abt diff temples and stuff since they are not able to visit them. Everyone wants to know where the current recession is leading everyone to...and so on...diff ppl end up here.

Its nice to be voicing opinions and rambling abt stuff like age diff b/w couples and all that...but then if solid content in terms of info availabilty not found elsewhere (like stuff abt temples, practices, prayers, rituals, social issues, political issues, economic issues, etc) is missing then no one wud find any necessity to look up any website, much less post anything on it.

Please i hope, we all decide to stick to our friendly side and let difficult things melt away with any ice that maybe still sticking around our heart.

If ppl like Sri N and Sri KRS were to stop posting, then i see no reason for people like me to visit this place.

May we find it in us to allow ourselves to be melted, let the past rest in peace, and not look back at it again.

Dear Sri SS Ji,

I agree. I was only pointing out the prejuduces that some of us bring to the forum. If you start being independent of thought and neutral in this Forum then you are my friend. I hope I can be also that person who reflects such values.

Regards,
KRS

Shri KRS, I think it would be better for us if we leave the topic of accusing and counter accusing, suspecting and debating as to who is taking whose side.. etc...

This forum is for discussions... whether we are educated in a particular line or not, all harbour certain impressions on topics and try to defend that... It is through persisting with logic that one can see the truth of any statement... but then, not all topics can be bracketed as such...

Regards,
Seshadri

Sesh, Nji seems to have suspected that you and SV are the same person based on your posts being rather tandem or similar. That comes across as an assumption, not an accusation...
hh, I could say that your advice is now in tandem with a certain set of people...!!!??

People whom you write about are matured enough to understand between assumptions and accusations and hence if any clarification should come, it should come directly from the concerned.

If ppl like Sri N and Sri KRS were to stop posting, then i see no reason for people like me to visit this place.
Again, I find your post in this context irking me, as it sort of presupposes that I am party to driving away people from this forum. Please refrain from such statements.

I have already clarified my stance...

Regards

SB has posted several informative articles.

One on MahaBharatam dating the chronological order of events of the epic is note-worthy

One on the Numerology is more of practical use to any user.

He is also very witty and made valuable contributions ....

KRS is always indulging in verbal fighting and emotionalising issues... just list the people he fights over the couple of years I'm in, it is just too many and the record speaks itself.... IMHO.

In brown..

hh, I could say that your advice is now in tandem with a certain set of people...!!!??

People whom you write about are matured enough to understand between assumptions and accusations and hence if any clarification should come, it should come directly from the concerned.

Sesh, anyone can assume anything...was saying that just let it be...expecting an apology and stuff felt like taking things far...and unnecessaily so...nobody knows anybody personally..so felt it unnecessary to expect things out of an assumption...anyways, this is what i felt and am expressing it...not meaning to hurt your feelings or expectations in anyway.

Again, I find your post in this context irking me, as it sort of presupposes that I am party to driving away people from this forum. Please refrain from such statements.

No not at all...did i mention you there. Was just saying if ppl like sri KRS and sri N were to stop posting, then for me, yes there wud no reason to visit this place...

I have already clarified my stance...

Thanks.
Regards

hh,
Sesh, anyone can assume anything...was saying that just let it be...expecting an apology and stuff felt like taking things far...and unnecessaily so...nobody knows anybody personally..so felt it unnecessary to expect things out of an assumption...anyways, this is what i felt and am expressing it...not meaning to hurt your feelings or expectations in anyway.
I did not see you offering this piece of advice (or suggestion, if you dont want to use the word advice here) to shri krs or shri nacchi??? If you had done so, then your writing this piece of explanation makes sense...

No not at all...did i mention you there. Was just saying if ppl like sri KRS and sri N were to stop posting, then for me, yes there wud no reason to visit this place...
A statement derives its meaning from its context, if shri krs/nacchi were to stop posting of their own, what can we do about it? I cannot remain silent if somebody accuses me blindly, just because if I were to respond, he would stop posting.

Last edited:
sesh-cool man,

it takes a lot of maturity , to admit a mistake and even more courage to own a mistake and apologise for that.

Please don't expect that from one and all. (just being a bit impertinent here... excuse me)

Regards
mm

In brown

hh,
I did not see you offering this piece of advice (or suggestion, if you dont want to use the word advice here) to shri krs or shri nacchi??? If you had done so, then your writing this piece of explanation makes sense...

generally i do this in life: when an older person makes an accusation, i ignore it. when someone makes an assumption, i clarify it. you clarified to sri N abt you not being SV. until there it was perfect. but expecting an apology was taking things a bit far..so far have not expected an apology from anyone for anything...so i was just expressing stuff from my stand...at the same time ofcourse i cannot expect everyone to be like me...therefore was only expressing stuff from one view of mine...if you still do expect an apology from sri N, then ofcourse you are entitled to what you feel...that's why i said am just expressing what i felt and do not mean to hurt your feelings or expectations in anyway.

A statement derives its meaning from its context, if shri krs/nacchi were to stop posting of their own, what can we do about it? I cannot remain silent if somebody accuses me blindly, just because if I were to respond, he would stop posting.

did i mention you at all...and i don't think you are any reason for anyone to stop posting anything....bullying is more painful than assumptions...why do you assume it is you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back