• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A poem a day to keep all agonies away!

The human excreta, as in this story, does not object when it gets eaten by a dog or a pig but it does not want to be even touched by a man! That shows how great a man is in the eyes of his own body waste!
The above post has some very great original ideas hidden in it.

Corollary 1:
Drink Morargin (the first and fresh sample of urine collected and recycled in the early morning)
and eat your own excreta - if you want to become a genius!
( By extrapolation all the pigs and the street dogs must have become great geniuses long ago!)

Corollary 2.
The fetus floats in the feces and the urine of its mother when in her womb.
Science says fetus is in the uterus, the feces in the large intestines and the urine in the bladder.

Corollary 3.
The fetus feeds on the excreta of its mother.
But Science says the fetus gets all its nutrition through the umbilical cord from its mother.

Corollary 4.
The Devas make the bad things into good things. Actually the Devas hand down the bad things to the maanavas and dhaananvas and keep the best things for themselves.

Amruta mathanam gave only the Goddess of Intoxication vAruNi to the asuras whie the Devas managed to take possession of all the wonderful things that emerged from the Ocean of milk.
Indra distributed his brahmahathhi dosham to the Women, Trees, Water and Earth.

Corollary 5
The asuras are supposed to தரமுள்ள அனைத்தையும் கீழ் தள்ளும் அசுரற்களும்,
They themselves get the worst of every deal made with the Devas and could do nothing better!

The degree of the EGO is reflected when one cannot even accept the concept that
MAN might be the lowliest among all living creatures - considering his selfishness, his bias, his hatred, his jealousy, his vengeance, his treachery, his butchery and his short sightedness.

To top everything else, he does all these in spite of the supreme intelligence conferred on him by the All powerful Supreme God!

What a shame on the humans!
congratulations.jpg

#192. ராமன் சித்தம்

சேணியன் ஒருவன் கொண்டிருந்தான் பக்தி - தன்
பாணியில் கோதண்டம் பற்றியிருக்கும் ராமனிடம்.

செய்தான் தன் செயல்களை 'ராமனின் சித்தப்படி!'
செப்பினான் தன் சொற்களை 'ராமனின் சித்தப்படி!'

கழித்தான் காலத்தை ஜபம், தவம் செய்வதில்.
கழித்தான் வாழ்நாளை 'ராமனின் சித்தப்படி '

தனியே அமர்ந்திருந்தான் வெளியே ஓரிரவு.
வழியே வந்தது கள்வர்களின் கூட்டம் ஒன்று.

சுமந்து செல்ல ஆள் தேவை என்று எண்ணியவர்
சுமை தாங்கியாக ஆக்கிவிட்டனர் சேணியனை.

வந்தனர் இராக் காவலர்கள் ரோந்துப்பணியில்;
நொந்த கள்வர்கள் நொடியில் ஓடி மறைந்தனர்!

கையும், மெய்யுமாக மாட்டிக்கொண்டது சேணியன்;
வைத்தனர் இரவு முழுவதும் அவனைக் காவலில்;

விடிந்ததும் அழைத்துச் சென்றனர் நீதிபதியிடம்;
ஓடி வந்தனர் விவரம் அறிந்து கொண்ட ஊரார்.

"ஓடிச் சென்று விட்டனர் உண்மைக்கு கள்வர்கள்!
தேடிப் பிடியுங்கள் உண்மைக் கள்வர்களை!" என

நீதிபதி வியந்தார் சேணியனின் வாய்மையை;
நீதி வென்றது; சேணியன் விடுதலை ஆனான்!

பற்றுக்களில் சிக்கி விழிப்பதா 'ராமனின் சித்தம்'?
பற்றுக்களைத் துறந்து மகிழ்வதே 'ராமனின் சித்தம்'!

கடமைகளைச் செய் பிரதிபலன் கருதாமல் - உன்
உடமைகளைக் காப்பது 'ராமனின் சித்தம்' அல்லவா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன், விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

#192. As ordained by Sri RAma

A weaver had intense and unwavering devotion on Lord Sri RAma - the wielder of the bow Kothandam. He did all his actions as ordained by Rama. He spoke all his words as ordained by Sri RAma. He used to spend all his free time in meditation and japam. His entire life was lived as ordained by Sri RAma.

One night he was sitting outside the house by himself. A gang of thieves happened to pass by. They needed a man to carry their loot. They made the wever carry their loot.

Just then the night watchmen saw them. The thieves took to their heels leaving the weaver all by himself with the loot in his possession. The weaver was promptly arrested and locked up for the night.

The next day he was taken before a judge. Meanwhile the villagers came to know about this matter and rushed to the judge. They swore that the weaver lived a pure life as ordained by his god Sri RAma and could not have committed a robbery.

The judge was impressed by the faith of the villagers and sent out the soldiers to hunt for the real thieves.

Rama has not ordained us to get caught in the worldly bondages and suffer. He has ordained that we must get rid of the shackles and live in peace and bliss.

One must do one's duty without expecting anything in return. RAma will look after such a devotee and take care of everyone and everything associated with him

#193. போலி வாலிப சன்னியாசி

இரவில் புகுந்தான் அரண்மனையில் கள்வன்;
அரசனும், அரசியும் அளவளாவிடும் சமயத்தில்.

சொன்னான் மன்னன் வியப்பான செய்தியை,
"செல்வ மகளை அளிப்பேன் ஒரு சாதுவுக்கு!'

அரச குமாரியை மணக்கக் கசக்குமா என்ன?
அமர்ந்தான் கள்ளன் போலி சன்னியாசியாக.

வந்தது அரசனின் பரிவாரம் ஆற்றைக் கரைக்கு;
"வரலாம் அரசகுமாரியை மணக்க விரும்பும் சாது!'

ஒப்புக் கொள்ளவில்லை உண்மை சாதுக்கள் இதற்கு;
அப்பட்டமாக மறுத்து விட்டனர் மணம் செய்து கொள்ள.

கேட்டனர் போலி சன்னியாசியின் சம்மதத்தை - அவன்
கேட்டும் கேளாதது போல அமர்ந்து கொண்டிருந்தான்.

திரும்பிச் சென்றது அரச பரிவாரம் அரண்மனைக்கு;
"விரும்பவில்லை ஒருவரும் குமாரியை மணந்திட!

உள்ளான் ஒரு இளம் வாலிப சன்னியாசி அங்கு;
உள்ளம் மாறி சம்மதிக்கலாம் இத் திருமணத்திற்கு!"

நேரில் வந்தான் அரசனே மறுநாட்காலை அங்கு.
நேர்ந்து கொண்டான் தன் மகளை மணம் புரிந்திட.

"இத்தனை மகிமையா இந்த சாது வேடத்திற்கு?" எனப்
பித்தனைப் போல மயங்கினான் போலி சன்னியாசி.

பொய் சாதுவுக்கு இத்தனை பெருமை என்றால்
மெய் சாதுவுக்கு எத்தனை பெருமை இருக்கும்?

மாறிவிட்டான் மனம் அக்கணமே வாலிப சாது;
கோரி விட்டான் தூய சாதுவின் வாழ்க்கையை;

மறந்துவிட்டான் பழைய பழக்க வழக்கங்களை;
துறந்து விட்டான் தன் பழைய சகவாசங்களை;

சிறந்த சாதுக்களில் ஒருவனாக ஆகிவிட்டான்!
பிறந்த பயனை அடைந்து விட்டான் அந்த சாது.

#193. The fake hermit

A thief managed to enter into the king's palace unseen one night. The king and queen were discussing about the marriage of their daughter. The king had a strange plan for his daughter. He wished to marry her to one of the hermits sitting in penance in the river bank.

The thief was overwhelmed with the prospect of marrying the princess. He left the palace and donned the dress of a hermit. He too sat in the river bank along with the other seasoned hermits.

The king's retinue reached the river bank. It was announced that whosoever wished to marry the princess might come forward. But no one stirred from their seat. Those hermits had renounced their worldly lives in pursuit of liberation and did not want to get back into the slush called samsaaram.

The fake sanyasi remained silent even when the courtiers asked him to marry the princess. The king's men went back and told the king. "None of the sadhus want to marry the princess. But there is one young man who might be brainwashed to marry the princess"

The king himself went to meet the fake sanyasi and spoke to him the next morning. The young fake fakir was stunned that even the false garb of a sanyasi had earned him so much respect. He wondered what would happen if he really became a holy sanyasi. Then and there he decided to become a truly great holy man.

He gave up his old habits and habitats. Very soon he became one of the greatest sadhus of his time. A dark room needs only a spark of light to dispel the darkness. A sinner needs only a spark of determination to become a saint!

#194. வாழ்வே கனவு ஆனால்...

வேலை வெட்டி இல்லாத கணவன் இருந்தான்;
வேலைக்கு அளிக்கவில்லை உணவு மகனுக்கு.

அடிப்பார் அடித்தால் அம்மியும் நகருமாம்!
அடிக்கடி மனைவி கூறியபடிச் சென்றான்.

கிடைக்கவில்லை ஒரு வேலையும் அவனுக்கு;
படுக்கையில் கிடந்த சிறுவன் உயிர் நீத்தான்!

தேடியும் கிடைக்கவில்லை அவனுக்கு ஒரு வேலை!
தேடியும் கிடைக்கவில்லை அவன் மரண வேளையில்!

கடிந்து கொண்டாள் மனைவி அக் கல்நெஞ்சனை;
இடிக்க வில்லை அவனை அவளின் சூடுசொற்கள்.

"அரசனாக வாழ்ந்தேன் அரண்மனையின் நான்;
அழகிய ஏழு மகன்கள் பிறந்தனர் என் அரசிக்கு;

விழித்துப்பார்த்தால் எவரையும் காணோம்!
வீதியில் படுத்து உறங்கி இருக்கின்றேன்!

இறந்து போன மகனுக்காக நான் அழட்டுமா?
மறைந்து போன மகன்களுக்காக அழட்டுமா?"

நனவுலகையும் கனவுலகமாகக் கருதுபவருக்கு
அனவரதமும் சுகம் இல்லை, துக்கமும் இல்லை.

#194. When life becomes a dream...

A man was unemployed and unable to feed his wife and son. He never really cared for anything or anyone. His son took to bed.

His wife pestered him to find a job so that they could save the life of their only son. He left the house and went around looking for a job. He found none.

Meanwhile his son passed away. His wife took great trouble to locate her husband but in vain. When he returned home much later, she took him to task for being so irresponsible as to leave their sick son and going away for such a long period.

Her harsh words had no effect on him. He shrugged his shoulders and told his wife,
"I was king and enjoyed the pleasures of a royal life. My queen gave me seven beautiful sons. We all lived happily for a very long time.

When I opened my eyes everything was gone...my palace, my queen and my seven sons. I had been sleeping on the side of a street. Tell me now oh dear wife! Should I cry for the one son who died or for those seven sons who just disappeared?"

Those who treat the life on earth as a mere dream and give it no more importance than to a dream are free from all kinds of sorrows.

#194. When life becomes a dream...

A man was unemployed and unable to feed his wife and son. He never really cared for anything or anyone. His son took to bed.

His wife pestered him to find a job so that they could save the life of their only son. He left the house and went around looking for a job. He found none.

Meanwhile his son passed away. His wife took great trouble to locate her husband but in vain. When he returned home much later, she took him to task for being so irresponsible as to leave their sick son and going away for such a long period.

Her harsh words had no effect on him. He shrugged his shoulders and told his wife,
"I was king and enjoyed the pleasures of a royal life. My queen gave me seven beautiful sons. We all lived happily for a very long time.

When I opened my eyes everything was gone...my palace, my queen and my seven sons. I had been sleeping on the side of a street. Tell me now oh dear wife! Should I cry for the one son who died or for those seven sons who just disappeared?"

Those who treat the life on earth as a mere dream and give it no more importance than to a dream are free from all kinds of sorrows.

1) உருட்டாமல் நெய் உருகும். மெய்யும் சிலிர்த்துருகும். உருட்டி உருட்டி பெருக்கிய பொய் உருகுமா? பொசுங்குமொ? வெடிக்குமா?
2) முடிச்சு மூன்றுண்டு. எதை அவிழ்ப்பது? எதை பிளப்பது? எதை தகர்ப்பது?
3) மரத்தடியா? மரத்தின் மேலா?
4) மலைக்கு உச்சியிலா? கடலில்லா? பூவில்லா?
5) உலகம் சுற்றும் வாலிபன், உலகத்தை சுற்றவைப்பது எப்படி?
6) மௌனம் சம்மத்ததின் அறிகுறியானால், பேச்சு மறுப்பின் எதிரொலியாகுமா?

- இவ்வண் கனவுலக இயக்குனர் ?
சிந்தனை செய் மனமே!

செந்தமிழ் மறக்காமல் இருக்க வேண்டுமா?
நொந்தமிழ் படிக்காமல் இருக்க வேண்டும்!

நொந்தமிழ் = நொந்த தமிழ்

செந்தமிழ் மறக்காமல் இருக்க வேண்டுமா?
நொந்தமிழ் படிக்காமல் இருக்க வேண்டும்!

நொந்தமிழ் = நொந்த தமிழ்
செந்தமிழ் நொந்தமிழானாலும் பொருள் மறவோம்.

செந்தமிழ் நொந்தமிழானாலும் பொருள் மறவோம்.

Indispensable Man

Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how they humble your soul;

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.

—Saxon White Kessinger

நில்லாமல், பேசாமல், நிலைக்காமல், பார்க்காமல்,, பொருளாகி, பித்து பிடித்த, உருவமற்ற, குருடி படைத்த உலகு இது என்பதை மறவோம். அடக்கம் உணர்வோம்.

நொந்தமிழிலோ: அடக்கி வாசி

#195. வைராக்கியம்

வைராக்கியம் என்பது ஒரு மானசீகத் தீப்பொறி;
வைரம் போன்ற உறுதியுடன் தோன்றும் நொடியில்.

இன்று, நாளை, நேற்று என்று தளர்ச்சியடையாமல்
தோன்றியவுடனே அடையும் அது அசுர வளர்ச்சியை.

மனைவி கூறிவந்தாள் தன் கணவனிடம் அடிக்கடி,
"மனக் கவலையாக உள்ளது அண்ணனைப் பற்றி.

குறைத்துக் கொண்டு விட்டான் தன் ஆசைகளை;
குறைத்துக் கொண்டு விட்டான் தன் தேவைகளை;

கூறுகின்றான் இல்லறத்தைத் தான் வெறுப்பதாக;
கூறுகின்றான் துறவறத்தைத் தான் விரும்புவதாக;

கணவன் தேறினான் தன் மனைவியை இங்கனம்,
"கண்டவரையில் செய்ததில்லை எவரும் அங்ஙனம்!"

"எப்படித்தான் சன்னியாசி ஆவார் ஒருவர்?" என்றால்
"இப்படித்தான் சன்னியாசி ஆவார் ஒருவர்!" என்றான்.

கிழித்தான் தன் இடுப்பு வஸ்திரத்தை இரண்டாக;
ஒழித்தான் அறவே பந்த பாசங்களை அத்துடன்.

உடுத்திக் கொண்டான் ஒரு துண்டு இடையில்!
இடுக்கிக் கொண்டான் மற்றதை ஒரு கட்கத்தில்!

கட்டிய மனைவியைப் பெற்ற பிள்ளைகளை விட்டு
கட்டிய துணியுடன் கூறாமல் சன்னியாசம் பூண்டான்!

#195. VairAgyam

VairAgyam or the determination to renounce the world is like a spark of fire. It comes to life with the hardness of a diamond in just an instant. It is not a prolonged process laced with procrastination and postponement or pondering and wondering about anything under the Sun.

A woman told her husband,"I am terribly worried about my elder brother. He is sacrificing his life's comforts. He has reduced even his real necessities in life. He wants to renounce the world and become a sanyasi. "

The husband told her, "No one who does all these things will ever become sanyasi. I can assure you since I have seen the world and know very well about such people well. "

His wife asked him now, "Then tell me how does a man really become a sanyasi"

The husband's Vivekam (Power of Discretion) and Vairagyam (Power of determination) flared up at that instant. He tore his dhothi into two pieces. He word one of them as his loincloth. He tucked the other piece of cloth in his armpit. He went out of the house and our of her life without uttering a single word!

196. விடா முயற்சி

பொய்த்தது வானம்; காய்ந்தன வயல்கள் - மக்கள்
அஞ்சினர் கடும் பஞ்சம் அங்கு தலைவிரித்தாடுமோ?

பாசனம் செய்ய வேண்டும் வாய்க்கால்களை வெட்டிப்
பசி அறியாது உணவு உண்ண விரும்பும் உழவர்கள்.

உறுதி பூண்டான் உழவன் ஒருவன் தன் வாய்க்காலை
இறுதியாக இணைத்துவிட வேண்டும் நதியுடன் இன்று.

காலையில் தொடங்கியது வாய்க்கால் வெட்டும் பணி;
கவலைப் படவில்லை அவன் அன்னம், பானம் குறித்து.

அனுப்பினாள் மனைவி ஸ்நானம் செய்ய எண்ணெய்;
அனுப்பினாள் மனைவி காலை உணவைத் தன் மகளிடம்,

அனுப்பினாள் மனைவி மதிய உணவைத் தன் மகளிடம்;
அனுப்பினாள் மனைவி மாலை உணவைத் தன் மகளிடம்.

அருந்தவில்லை உழவன் ஒரு வேளை உணவையும் கூட!
வருத்தத்துடன் எடுத்துச் சென்றாள் மகள் அதை வீட்டிற்கு.

நேராக வந்துவிட்டாள் மனைவியே அவன் வயலுக்கு,
'நேரத்துக்கு உணவு உண்ணக் கூடாதா நீங்கள் ?" என

கடிந்து கொண்டான் உழவன் தன் மனைவியை - வேலை
முடிந்த பின்னரே அன்னம், பானம், ஓய்வு முதலியவை என.

இணைத்துவிட்டான் வாய்க்காலை ஆற்றுடன் இரவுக்குள்;
இனிப் பாயும் நதி நீர் தங்கு தடையின்றி தன் வயலுக்குள்!

இல்லம் திருப்பினான் அன்று நள்ளிரவில் அந்த உழவன்;
இளைப்பாறினான் குளித்து விட்டு உணவு உண்ட பின்பு.

மனைவியின் பேச்சைக் கேட்டு இல்லம் திரும்பியதால்
மற்ற உழவர்கள் இணைக்கவில்லை வாய்க்கால்களை.

விடா முயற்சியே வெற்றியைத் தரும் - தங்கு தடைகள்
விடா, ஒருவனைத் தன் முயற்சியில் வெற்றி அடைய.

#196. Persistence and Success

The rains failed and there was a severe scarcity for the water used for irrigation. People were scared that a severe famine might follow - unless they cultivated their fields using the water from a river flowing nearby.

One farmer determined that he would connect his canal with the river before the nightfall. He started digging the canal early in the morning. His wife sent him some oil for his bath. He would neither touch the oil nor waste time in bathing.

Later his daughter brought him breakfast and had to take it back home. Some time later she brought his lunch and had to take it back home. The farmer would not waste his time in eating or bathing since he had determined to finish his task before the night fall.

Some time later his wife came to the field and tried to make her husband eat food. But he took her to task for disturbing him in his task. He joined his canal to the river. Now the water flowed into his field uninterrupted.

He was very happy and went home at midnight. He bathed, ate supper and went to sleep. The other farmers who had returned home without completing their task did not get water from the river.

The only way to succeed is to never lose sight of one's aim and keep on working until it is achieved.

#197. கள்ளன் நல்லவன் ஆனான்

மீன் பிடித்தான் செம்படவன் ஒருவன்
மிகச் செல்வந்தர் தோட்டக் குளத்தில்.

செய்தி எட்டிவிட்டது செல்வந்தர் செவியை;
எய்த அம்பினைப் போல விரைந்தார் அவர்.

உடன் வந்தனர் ஊழியர்கள் அனைவரும்;
உடன் கொணர்ந்தனர் எரியும் தீவட்டிகளை!

தப்பிச் செல்ல வழியில்லை என்றானதும்
அப்போதே மாறினான் கள்ளன் ஸாதுவாக!

சாம்பல் உதவியது சாமியார் வேடத்துக்கு!
சருமம் மாறிவிட்டது சாம்பல் நிறத்துக்கு !

குளத்தருகே காணவில்லை கள்ளனை;
குளத்தருகே கண்டனர் ஒரு சாதுவை.

செய்தி பரவியது மரத்தடி மஹான் பற்றி;
செய்தனர் பாதபூஜை மரத்தடி மஹானுக்கு!

வந்தன பக்ஷணங்கள், வந்தன பழங்கள் ;
வந்தன உடைகள், வந்தன காணிக்கைகள்.

"கள்ள வேடத்துக்கே இத்தனை மதிப்பா?" என
உள்ளம் மாறிவிட்டான் கள்ளன் உடனடியாக .

உறுதி செய்து கொண்டான் இறைவனை அடைய!
இறுதி வரை மாறாமல் உயர்நிலை அடைந்தான்!

#197. The fake fakhir

A fisherman knew that the pond in the garden of a local rich man had hundreds of huge fish. It would be a real good catch if he could manage to catch them unseen at night.

So he reached the pond at night time and started catching the fat fish. But the news reached the ears of the richman. He hurried to the pond followed by his servants holding on burning torches.

The fisherman saw that there was no chance of getting away from the crowd. He applied the ashes from a fire pit all over his body and became a fakir in one moment.

When the crowd reached the pond, they did not find any thief but only a hermit sitting under a tree.
The word about the sadhu seen under the tree spread far and wide the next day. People came thringing to worship him and brought him fruits, eatables, dresses and other gifts.

The fake fakir was surprised to note the respect he had earned overnight. He decided to turn a new leaf in his life and became a real hermit. He remained staunch in his determination and did not slip down from it. In due course he became one of the great hermits of his period.

#198. யாருக்குத் துணை யாரோ?

அந்தணன் ஒருவனின் நண்பன் சந்நியாசி;
அளவளாவுவர் உலக விஷயங்களை பற்றி.

"யாருக்காக யாரும் இல்லை" என்பார் சந்நியாசி;
"யாரும் இல்லாதததால் இங்கனம் கூறுகின்றீர்!

பாடுபாடுகின்றேன் அல்லும், பகலும் அனவரதமும்;
ஈடு இணை இல்லை என் குடும்பத்தினரின் அன்புக்கு!

எனக்காகத் தன் உயிரையும் விடுவாள் என் அன்னை;
எனக்காக எதுவும் செய்வர் என் மனைவி மக்கள்" என

"வேடிக்கை காட்டுகின்றேன் உனக்கு இன்று நான்;
வேதனையில் துடிப்பது போல நீ நடிக்க வேண்டும்!"

சென்றான் தன் இல்லம் வழக்கம் போல - ஆனால்
சொன்னான் தாளாத வயிற்று வலியில் துடிப்பதாக!

இல்லம் தேடி வந்தானர் வைத்திய ரத்தினங்கள்;
இல்லாத வலியை குணப்படுத்துவது எங்கனம்?

உள்ளே நுழைந்தார் அந்தணனின் சந்நியாசி நண்பர்;
"உள்ளபடிக் கூறுவேன் ஓர் உண்மையை உங்களிடம்;

இல்லை சிகித்சை இக்கொடிய நோய்க்கு - ஆனால்
நில்லாமல் ஓடும் வேறொருவர் ஏற்றுக் கொண்டால்!"

கூறினாள் தாய், "என் மற்ற பிள்ளைகளின் கதி?"
கூறினாள் மனைவி, "என் பெற்றோர் தவிப்பார்கள்"

மறுத்தனர் ஒவ்வொருவரும் ஒரு காரணம் கூறி;
மறுத்தனர் அனைவரும் நோயை ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள!

திறந்தது அறிவுக் கண் அந்த அந்தணனுக்கு!
தெரிந்தது யாருக்காக யாரும் இல்லை என்று!

உடனே உதறித் தள்ளினான் குடும்ப வாழ்வை ;
நடந்து சென்றான் தன் நண்பன் சந்நியாசியுடன்.

#198. No one has anyone!

A brahmin and a hermit were close friends. They used to discuss on various topics. The hermit would always say," Each man is on his own. None can depend on anyone really"

The brahmin would argue and say, "You say so since you do not have anyone as your very own. I toil to feed my family day in and day out. My family members love me very dearly. My mother would sacrifice her life for me willingly. My wife and my son would do anything to make me happy"

The hermit laughed and said, "I will show you some drama today. Go home and pretend to be in severe stomach pain. " The brahmins went back home and pretended to be suffering from unbearable stomach pain.

The best doctors were brought home but they all failed to cure the brahmin. Who could cure a non existing stomach pain?

The hermit entered the house now and said, "I will tell you all a terrible truth. There is no treatment for this rare disease. But if one of you willing accept his pain, this man will be free from the disease"

The mother said hesitatingly, "I love my son so much. But I have to think of my other children also. They too need me!" The wife said,"My parents can not stand my suffering nor can I theirs. " So every family member gave a different reason for not accepting the severe stomach pain.

The brahmin woke up to the reality of material life. He realized that people of the world just use one another for their selfish ends! The hermit was correct when he said that "No one has anyone".

He gave up his family and accompanied the hermit to become a hermit himself.

Latest ads

Back