• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஓ அமெரிக்கா ...

சின்னஞ் சிறுசுகள்!

தாய்ப்பால் வேண்டும் சின்னஞ்சிறிசுகள்,
தாயின் அரவணைப்பை வேண்டினாலும்,

தாய் பணி நிமித்தம் சென்றுவிடுவதால்,
சேய் அவளைப் பிரிந்தும் இருக்க நேரும்!

குளிர்பதனப் பெட்டியில், உறைய வைத்து,
எளிதாக சேமித்துவிடுவார் தாய்ப்பாலை!

குழந்தைப் பராமரிப்பிலே உதவ விழைந்து,
குழந்தையிடம் செல்லும் பெரியவர்களோ,

பாலை மீண்டும் திரவமாக்கிடும் வழியை,
பார்த்தும், கேட்டும் தெரிந்துகொள்ளுவதை,

அறியாமையின் வெளிப்பாடாக நினைத்து,
அறிந்துகொள்ளாமல் விட்டுவிடுவார்கள்!

பசியால் வீரிட்டு அழும் குழந்தைக்கு, அதன்
பசியைத் தீர்த்திடப் பால் தர வேண்டாமோ?

தாய் திரும்பும்வரை, அழுது தீர்க்கும் அந்தச்
சேய்! இதனால் நுரையீர
ல் பலம் பெறுமோ?

:baby: . . . :Cry:

ஏன் மூன்று தலைமுறை?

திருமண வையவைத்தில், மந்திரங்களில்,
அருமையாகக கூறுவர் தலைமுறைகளை.

மணமகனின் தந்தை, தாத்தா, முத்தாத்தா;
மணமகளின் தந்தை, தாத்தா, முத்தாத்தா;

இவர்களின் பெயர்களை உரக்கச் சொல்லி,
இனிதாக ஓர் அறிமுகம் கொடுத்திடுவார்!

எதற்கு இந்த ஏற்பாடு என்ற காரணத்தினை,
என் தங்கை வேடிக்கையாகக் கூறிடுவாள்!

இடையில் காதரோ, டேவிட்டோ காதினை
அடைகிறதோ என்று அறிந்துகொள்ளவாம்!

வேடிக்கை ஒரு புறமிருக்க, ஒஹியோவில்,
வேடிக்கையுடன், வேதனை தரும் நிகழ்ச்சி!

தந்தையே யாரென்று அறியாத ஒரு பேதை,
தந்தையைத் தெரியாமல் மணந்துவிட்டாள்!

அவள் தாயாக எண்ணியது அவளின் பாட்டி!
அவள் தோழியாக எண்ணியவள்தான் தாய்!

தந்தையாக எண்ணியவர் அவளின் தாத்தா!
தந்தையே அவளுடைய கணவராய் ஆனார்!

இந்தக் கொடுமையை அவள் அறிந்தது, தன்
சொந்தத் தந்தையின் மரணத்தின் பின்பாம்!

விக்கிரமாதித்தன் கதையில் வருவது போல,
அக்கிரமமான ஒரு கதையாக இருக்கின்றது!

நம் நாட்டுப் பாரம்பரியப் பெருமையை, இது
நம் அறிவுக்கு எட்டச் செய்கிறது அல்லவா?

:decision:

அழகிய அரக்கியோ?

உயிர்களையும் பொருட்களையும் சேதம் செய்து,
உலக மக்களை அச்சுறுத்தும் சூறாவளிகளுக்கும்,

அழகிய பெயர்களைச் சூட்டுவது தொடர்கின்றது!
அழகிய பெயர் 'காத்ரீனா' அன்று; 'ஸான்டீ' இன்று!

காற்றில் பறக்கும் பொருட்கள் அனைத்தும், நன்கு
காப்பாற்ற உள்ளே வைத்து மூடுவார்கள், மக்கள்.

தண்ணீர் முதல் மெழுகுவர்த்திகள் வரை, வாங்கி,
த்ம் வீட்டில் அடுக்கிடுவார், முன் ஜாக்கிரதையாக!

மின்சாரத்தைக் கடத்திடும் கம்பிகள் இந் நாட்டில்,
மின்சாரத்தைக் கடத்திடும், தலைக்கு மேலாகவே!

மரங்களால் ஆன தூண்களே உள்ளதால், காற்றில்
சரிந்து விழுந்திடும் அபாயம் உள்ளதே என்றுமே!

மின்சாரம் இன்றேல் வாழ்வே ஸ்தம்பிக்கும்! இந்த
மின்சாரத் தடையும் இரண்டு நாள் வரை நீடிக்கும்!

மின்வெட்டை எண்ணி வருந்திடும் நம்மவர்களும்,
மின்வெட்டு எங்குமே வருமென்று அறிந்திடலாம்!

:pout:

OB-VD246_IreneS_G_20121028130431.jpg

Dear TBS Sir,

The date 27th seems to be bad! Last year, on August 27th Hurricane Irene hit the US of A.

And this year Hurricane Sandy hits on October
27th. Hope all is well with you.

There was a minor damage in my son's garden in Boston.

OB-VD246_IreneS_G_20121028130431.jpg

Dear TBS Sir,

The date 27th seems to be bad! Last year, on August 27th Hurricane Irene hit the US of A.

And this year Hurricane Sandy hits on October
27th. Hope all is well with you.

There was a minor damage in my son's garden in Boston.
hi RR madam...
the hurricane sandy landed first in our state....then moved to east coast upto canada via new york/boston...we had minor damage

in my home too...some slidings flew away....its on october on 29th....not october 27th...

மீண்டும் ஒபாமா!

வெள்ளையர் ஆதிக்கம் நிறைந்த நாட்டில்

வெள்ளையர் அல்லாத ஒரு திறமைசாலி!

மக்கள் மனதைக் கொள்ளை கொண்டவர்;
மக்கள் அனைவரும் போற்றிடும் ஒருவர்!

தீவிரவாதம் உலகில் ஒழிந்திட, ஓய்வின்றி,
தீவிரமாக உழைக்க விழைந்திடும் நல்லவர்.

மீண்டும் இவரே ஜனாதிபதியாக, தாய்க்குலம்
வேண்டும் ஓட்டுக்களை அள்ளித் தந்தனராம்!

:popcorn: . . . :high5:

Respected Raji Ram
Me and my wife are Green card holders, since my sister was sick we took Re Entry permit to visit Chennai as we did not know how long we might stay in Chennai; Now that she is no more, we thought of visiting our daughter who is in UK/Wales.
We are going back to US only in Feb 2013.
I like and appreciate your poems about America; only on one point, i would say that when men and women wear bear minimum in US in Summer, no one looks at them with VAKRAM in their mind, like what some Indians do.
When there is no VAKRA BHUTHI, they are not மதி கெட்ட மாதர் !!
Possibly only a few Indians that too those who are visiting US for the first time look at them with Vakra Buthi.

Thanks for your posts about America, continue your good work, God bless you
regards
Padmanabhan.J

பண்பு…

வெளியில் நாம் சென்றால் எதிர் வருவோர் நம்மிடம்
துளியும் தயங்காமல் வாழ்த்துத் தெரிவிப்பர்!

அழகான புடவை உடுத்திச் சென்றால் – அது மிக
அழகாக இருப்பதாய்ப் பாராட்டும் தெரிவிப்பர்!

ஒரு கதவைத் திறந்து நாம் உள்ளே சென்று – நம் பின்
வருவோருக்காக அதைப் பிடித்து நின்றால்,

“நன்றி” – எனச் சொல்வார்கள்; புன்னகை புரிவார்கள்!
சின்னச சின்ன உதவிகளுக்கும் உடன் நன்றி பாராட்டும்

இந்தப் பண்புதான் இன்னும் நாம் கற்கவில்லை!
இந்தியாவிற்கு இங்கிருந்து நல்லவை போகவில்லை!!
[/size]

Respected Raji Ram
Me and my wife are Green card holders, since my sister was sick we took Re Entry permit to visit Chennai as we did not know how long we might stay in Chennai; Now that she is no more, we thought of visiting our daughter who is in UK/Wales.
We are going back to US only in Feb 2013.
I like and appreciate your poems about America; only on one point, i would say that when men and women wear bear minimum in US in Summer, no one looks at them with VAKRAM in their mind, like what some Indians do.
When there is no VAKRA BHUTHI, they are not மதி கெட்ட மாதர் !!
Possibly only a few Indians that too those who are visiting US for the first time look at them with Vakra Buthi.

Thanks for your posts about America, continue your good work, God bless you
regards
Padmanabhan.J

Thanks for your comments P J Sir. We visited the U S of A for the first time in 2003. The first few pages in this thread were

written then and posted in this forum when I joined in 2010. By that time, we had visited once more! The way the lovers

behave in public places was shocking to me, though I have seen a few such pairs even in SingArach Chennai beaches!

If everyone around us dress up in a particular way, we will not even bother to look at them after a few days! It is very true.

Dear P J Sir,

NIRs living in the U S of A change their outlook in life according to their environment. For example, you could post the

lion pictures easily in this forum but I felt very embarrassed to view them because the post was addressed to me!!!

The justification might be given ..... after all
it is a natural event and what is there to get embarrassed? It is because

I live in SingArach Chennai and may be branded as 'pattikAdu'. :)

Now a days, Girls, ladies and even oldies are fashion conscious in India and 'barely there' blouses are flooding in the

market and so are see through sarees with rich hand work, costing a few thousands.

I wish to mention about a gentleman who came for the 'vaLaikAppu' function at my sister in law's house at West Virginia.

He went on hugging each and every lady introduced to him by my brother in law! When my turn came, I took a few steps

back and did a 'vaNakkam' in T N style. I felt very happy escaping from him! :thumb:

This happens in India! The following thread gives more details:

Women getting new backs for cholis

P.S: The climax is the post # 9 by Sri. TBS. :D
hi RR madam,
thanks.....there is no vulgar in the sense of beauty....there is a bhagavad gita sloka....MANA EVA MANUSHYANAAM KAARANAM

BANDHA MOKSHAYOHO....so basically mind is main reason....i dont feel any thing any BIKNI dress in USA....becoz we see a lot...

so no difference....BIKNI just 2 piece dress....totally may be 20 centimeter cloth altogether...nothing wrong...may not be

possible to see in singarah chennai...

Last edited:
Raji Madam
The purpose of posting that Lion clip is to show that even the King of Animals is at the receiving end from its wife!!

See good things in every thing .

Last edited:
....... See good things in every thing .
P J Sir,
I am sorry to say that I received the unedited version of your post in my mail box!! :ranger:

I have written about the nice behaviour of Americans, the way they respect the rules of their country, the beautiful highways,

the clean environments in the temples and as the like, in the poems. The Indians of my generation will get a cultural shock

when they visit the U S of A for the first time. The new generation has changed a lot and they also want freedom in everything!

They want to follow the Western culture in India and we have to accept it. Good and bad are there is all the cultures. There is no

need to panic when both good and bad are exposed. FYI, the gentleman who went on hugging all the ladies was a Tambram, who

took advantage of the new culture! I have NOT seen any American hug the newly introduced ladies, anywhere! They shake hands.

Accidents do happen everywhere and I need not be ashamed of the mishap in a SingArach Chennai school. That school is neither

mine nor do I work as the swimming pool coach there! In fact, I have recorded the sad event you have mentioned, in another

thread எண்ண அலைகள். I do not boast that T N and the city I live in are the best! Anyway thanks for your feed back! :)

P.S: The forum members know that I do not like to argue with others but I am forced to write an explanation for your unedited post! :typing:

Raji Madam
Just imagine you visit any Arab country, can you write about any of their culture, leave alone criticizing them in any way.
Just because it is US, you thought you can write any thing about Americans and American women and also bad about some Indians behavior!!
Your poems are read by many, some parents might be sending their daughters to US, if you give wrong information, and picture it, it will give wrong impressions to them.
If you want i can select many such un acceptable portions fro your poem and post it here.
Please remember, you got the gift of writing poems, please use it for good.

If a child is kidnapped, or lost, every channel broadcast it with the description of the child, photo etc very oftenhttp://www.amberalert.gov/
The same is the case with UK; but not as you say that the whole day the channels broadcast only about Rape,murder etc

தொலைக்காட்சியில் “சானல்கள்” நூற்றுக்கும் மேலுண்டு!

கொலை, கொள்ளை, வன்முறை, பலாத்காரம் – என்று

பலவற்றிலும் இதுவே ஒளிபரப்பு நாள் முழுதும்!

This is totally not true.
There are many such untrue matters in your poems, which are read by many here.

You are giving wrong feed back back home.

Last edited:

PJ Sir,

Thanks for your feed backs. These are the lines from your first quote:

பண்பு…

வெளியில் நாம் சென்றால் எதிர் வருவோர் நம்மிடம்
துளியும் தயங்காமல் வாழ்த்துத் தெரிவிப்பர்!

அழகான புடவை உடுத்திச் சென்றால் – அது மிக
அழகாக இருப்பதாய்ப் பாராட்டும் தெரிவிப்பர்!

ஒரு கதவைத் திறந்து நாம் உள்ளே சென்று – நம் பின்
வருவோருக்காக அதைப் பிடித்து நின்றால்,

“நன்றி” – எனச் சொல்வார்கள்; புன்னகை புரிவார்கள்!
சின்னச சின்ன உதவிகளுக்கும் உடன் நன்றி பாராட்டும்

இந்தப் பண்புதான் இன்னும் நாம் கற்கவில்லை!
இந்தியாவிற்கு இங்கிருந்து நல்லவை போகவில்லை!!
And, I have already answered your comments:

........ I have written about the nice behaviour of Americans, the way they respect the rules of their country, the beautiful highways,

the clean environments in the temples and as the like, in the poems. The Indians of my generation will get a cultural shock

when they visit the U S of A for the first time. The new generation has changed a lot and they also want freedom in everything!

They want to follow the Western culture in India and we have to accept it. Good and bad are there is all the cultures. There is

no need to panic when both good and bad are exposed.

நன்றி தெரிவிக்க....

நன்றி தெரிவிக்கும் நாளாக, அமெரிக்கர்

என்றும் கொண்டாடுவர் ஒரு நாளினை!

நல்ல அறுவடையைத் தந்த இறைவனை

உள்ளத்தில் போற்றவே இன் நாள் வந்தது.

நட்புடன் உதவும் தமது சுற்றத்தாரையும்,
நண்பர்களையும் விருந்துக்கு அழைப்பார்!

சிறப்பு உணவாக Turkey கோழிகள் உண்டு!
சிறந்த Pumpkin pie யும் தயாரிப்பது உண்டு!

நவம்பர் மாதத்தின் வியாழக் கிழமைகளில்,

நான்காவதை இந்த நாளாகக் கணக்கெடுத்து,

நான்கு நாட்கள் வார விடுமுறையாக, இதை
நன்கு கொண்டாடி மகிழ்வார் இந்த நாட்டில்!

நல்ல உணவையும் நன்கு உண்ண அளித்து,
நிறைவான சுற்றம், நட்பையும் அளித்ததால்,

இறைவனைத் தொழுது வணங்கிடுவார்; தம்
குறையிலா வாழ்வு தொடர வேண்டிடுவார்!

:grouphug: . . . :dance:. . . :pray:

Latest ads

Back