• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yenkay Brahmanan?

I did not know and looked up and was horrified, certainly looked like Hitler hunting down Jews. What hurts is that people stood by and let it happen. So 68 to 92 nothing changed. Anyway all dominant castes have the scapegoat Brahmin to take the focus away from them.

Keezhvenmani massacre Tamil Nadu, India on 25 December 1968 in which a group of around 44 people, the families of striking Dalit village labourers, were murdered by a gang, allegedly led by their landlords. The chief accused was Gopalakrishnan Naidu.
The Vachathi case involved a mass crime that occurred on 20 June 1992 in the village of Vachathi, in Dharmapuri district, A team of 155 forest personnel, 108 policemen and six revenue officials entered the Tribal-dominated Vachathi village, searching for smuggled sandalwood to gather information about Veerappan. Under the pretext of conducting a search, the team ransacked the villagers' property, destroyed their houses, killed their cattle, assaulted around 100 villagers, and raped 18 women.
I want to know why tn brahmin always equate themselves with jews massacre .There was no brahmin massacre but only abuse maybe until 80's .Maybe one or two out of ten dont like brahmin nowaday . Stop portraying that entire brahmin is treated like scum

Brahmins in TN?
Where are they?
They have got marginalised and better ones left TN for other states and countries.
The left overs are only priests archarakars or poor widows who cook for a living.
There might e some die hard well off brahmins still sticking it out living in dream world of their own superiority and sitting on high horse.
Ground reality is inter mediate castes have taken over political power and economic power as a consequence
Those who quit TN in waves have got inter mixed with other castes and communities retaining soe brahmin traits.
Their next generation speak languages other than tamil and use some tamil words also
Very few of TB who fled TN are ritualistic .
Many take liquor and non veg and live a high life
Most have become wealthy outside TN .
Buy many have mixed with other castes and religion persons. So we have many half brahmin families
All this is part of evolution and not to lament about. Breast beating oes not make sense
Moving on accepting new realities makes eminent sense

Two big lies.
1. Brahmins are the root (cause) of all evil plaguing the society.
Brahmins in my village never kill Dalits. Thevars kill. For silly reasons.
2. In the infamous Keelvenmony incident in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu a hundred Dalit agriculture labourers were roasted alive along with their elderly parents and children. Children who came running out from the burning houses were systematically caught and thrown into the burning huts. Brahmins were nowhere near the scene of crime. After prolonged court proceedings a Naicker land lord who was the accused was released.
3. In another infamous incident in a place called Vachathi in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu an entire village of scheduled Tribals were raped mercilessly by powerful politicians including Government Officials. The case took the usual course and ended up ultimately. No Brahmin was involved.
4. Brahmins never built walls preventing Dalits entering certain areas.

And if you ask the dominant castes, their leaders will say that Brahmins are responsible for everything. That is the big joke.
Castes were not the making of Brahmins. It was a convenient arrangement for every caste above Dalits. When it became inconvenient the dominant castes needed a scapegoat and Brahmins came handy.

Hitler found that hatred is the best opiate and he sold it freely to his German public. We know what a horrible consequence followed. In Tamilnadu also we had a hitler who copied Hitler and liberally distributed hatred. We are witness to that. The Tamil society is still in the grip of that opiate.

Facts can not be wished away nor Be hidden.
To equate
Vaagmi - Please don't leave since a private chit chat was going on previously that prasad could not put a stop to and then at last we reverted back to a forum.
I answered since a self declared non-brahmin member called out brahmin miscreants and started brahmin bashing, so brahmin members started laying out facts. I don't understand how Prasad is not worried about absurd statements like "brahmin are root of all evil plaguing society today" and gets upset with what vaagmi and I said. seriously ??!!
When did i bash brahmins ? Can you explain pls . Read my comments throughly and then respond to it . Thanks

Brahmins in TN?
Where are they?
They have got marginalised and better ones left TN for other states and countries.
The left overs are only priests archarakars or poor widows who cook for a living.
There might e some die hard well off brahmins still sticking it out living in dream world of their own superiority and sitting on high horse.
Ground reality is inter mediate castes have taken over political power and economic power as a consequence
Those who quit TN in waves have got inter mixed with other castes and communities retaining soe brahmin traits.
Their next generation speak languages other than tamil and use some tamil words also
Very few of TB who fled TN are ritualistic .
Many take liquor and non veg and live a high life
Most have become wealthy outside TN .
Buy many have mixed with other castes and religion persons. So we have many half brahmin families
All this is part of evolution and not to lament about. Breast beating oes not make sense
Moving on accepting new realities makes eminent sense
Indian cement , bashayaam , tvs

Still if one were to regain old strength inTN the way to start is buying land and flats in TN.
Many in eighties sold their houses in chennai to builders for flat building in return for 2 flats.
Some with agriculural land sold them for a pittance while others built houses on these land shifting from agraharams.
My sambandhi built a huge farm house building with three floors .it has all facilities like ac frig well with water and farm hands to service.
He still lives there..
It is a good idea to choose boys and girls from TN still there for marriage to retain ones roots.
I have managed to retain a large presence in TN as a matter of choice.
This reverse migration from delhi has done me good.
Buy I still maintain my delhi presence as this only saved my family from penury in TN

Removed a few posts that were not adding value to this discussion.
Just to clarity a few things.

This website is called Tamil Brahmins but it is open to *all* including non-brahmins. All that we ask them is to use this platform constructively.

Us vs them does not really help anyone in this age. It is more of a co-existence.

If this does not go well with your beliefs and thoughts, you are free to leave this forum.

Thank you.

on above point 6 youth wants escape from Tamil nadu - Once there is a quota system and selection for anything is NOT merit only. then youth WILL try all avenues. this brahmin youth going to the west option is far better than what the Tamil youth of SriLanka did, taking up arms- when govt brought in quota since Tamils seem to hog university entrance, all top govt posts etc. Brahmin minority community of Tamil nadu and Tamil minority community of Srilanka were similar at one time around 2 million. I think that the ways in which a dominant minority community reacts to it's subjugation by majority will determine it's survival

tch tch tch tch tch tch...You went near, but only meinjufied nuni-pull. The civil war in SL was not tamil vs sinhala, but one dominant group of northern SL tamils (who formed 50% of the population), and the remaining lower caste tamils.

This dominant 50% tamils exercised hegemony in Sri Lankan, as well as tamil society, for centuries. Their cousins in Tamil nadu built the Dravidian movement, as well as a century of Brahmin hate too. They were enjoying all the jobs, and education. They enforced the thesawalamai laws according to which land could not be sold to other groups. They had a completely hegemony.

Beginning independence, the lower castes slowly began to assert themselves. And, sinhala government helped the lower caste tamils. They talk about the standardisation policy of 1971. They keep mum about the district quotas that were given in 1971 -> https://kafila.online/2009/02/16/interview-with-ragavan-on-tamil-militancy-part-i/

We have been told "Universities were closed to tamils". But the truth was - the dominant caste began losing out dominance to accommodate for less privileged groups.

Their cousins in TN said the same thing on Brahmins, starting 1916. But TN story is completely different. Brahmin preponderance in govt jobs does not mean brahmins prevented others from entering them.

TN civil war was not tamil vs sinhala. But this dominant group, vs remaining 50% lower caste tamils. The reason why the lower castes formed LTTE was not to fight the sinhala, but to break the centuries old casteist subjugation of this upper caste dominant tamil group. Most of the tamils who died in the civil war were the former. Most of the tamils who emigrated to developed countries were this dominant group. They are not the victims, but the villains of the war.

Veda Adhyayanam is our duty & carrying this for future generations is the purpose for being Tamil Brahmin.
All Brahmin families (by Birth only) should get their children strictly marrying within those who followed Brahmin Traditions. Each family should have at least 3 children, at least one boy should be doing Veda Adhyayanam only for the sake of the entire society.
Every moment from now onwards is in our hands and let us do it together.
Disagree with everything except "marrying children in brahmin families".

One of the goals of the top 3 castes of TN constructing Dravidian movement and a century of brahmin hate, was to take the women. Attack the men, take the women. See Maran. See Karti Chidambaram. See the solicitor general Shanmugasundaram (head, advocate wing, DMK), and his son, 'manu-raj'.

Vedas were ok for past. Of what are they now? We have to keep them alive, but religion itself is just placebo. We must live, and pour our life into religions.

The hate for Brahmins in TN cited by some members here is not representative and is more in their imagination or out of vested interests. Most of them have moved on and with redressals being made and Brahmins of today being more cosmopolitan in their outlook, I think it is time to heal and not make it worse. But little can be done unless concerted and sustained efforts are made to counter the vested interests. Till then they will do all they can to keep the issue alive. God save them or give them right thinking.

Removed a few posts that were not adding value to this discussion.
Just to clarity a few things.

This website is called Tamil Brahmins but it is open to *all* including non-brahmins. All that we ask them is to use this platform constructively.

Us vs them does not really help anyone in this age. It is more of a co-existence.

If this does not go well with your beliefs and thoughts, you are free to leave this forum.

Thank you.
Well said. Also, those who complain have never given any constructive suggestion to improve anything. So, your point is on the spot.

Well said. Also, those who complain have never given any constructive suggestion to improve anything. So, your point is on the spot.
Thank you pPraven. You have the right to decide what is right and what is not.
Also, I think my place in the forum is not useful and as such, please remove my name from your site.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Mani_Chennai

There is no use in lamenting without positive countermeasures. One suggestion I have is that the Association can post member's inputs to PM in his NAMO APP . This will work. Try Download Namo APP in mobile or PC in association office. Never post negative inputs to PM

#7 The role of Brahmins has reversed,Instead of being the leading light of society as they were once,
they have become mostly conduits in the process of performing certain religious rituals .
Second it is doubtful if the community is aware that it has over the years allowed itself to be downgraded and no conscious or concerted attempt is there to go back .The community is weakened by its own intelligence and divisive forces and the pressure on their abilities to sustain them selves economically.
Minor points can come later ,but what is the crux of the problem? Think -tanks can help.
Yes, one of the most vulnerable ethnic minorities in the world with a rich culture that has been a great civilizing force throughout history. Unfortunately unlike other vulnerable ethnic groups, or minorities, there appears to be some sort of acceptance of the hatred that is directed towards it - a misdirected hatred created by the rewriting of history and a 'divide and rule policy' the legacy of which is alive and well. It is sad that the community does not collectively rally in support of its unique culture and identity and promote itself in a positive way to avoid cultural extinction, which is the inevitable trajectory of the current course of events.

Yes, one of the most vulnerable ethnic minorities in the world with a rich culture that has been a great civilizing force throughout history. Unfortunately unlike other vulnerable ethnic groups, or minorities, there appears to be some sort of acceptance of the hatred that is directed towards it - a misdirected hatred created by the rewriting of history and a 'divide and rule policy' the legacy of which is alive and well. It is sad that the community does not collectively rally in support of its unique culture and identity and promote itself in a positive way to avoid cultural extinction, which is the inevitable trajectory of the current course of events.
Madam,

The community is renowned at global level People understand the mental capabilities. The global forces do not want that intelligence to be employed for development of India. Also the local forces carry the same attitude and stifle them in whatever way they can at local level. Even unity will not work for the numerical strength of the community is low. So most of them understanding the situation have smartly adapted to the circumstances playing along especially with the global forces.

Let's pray and hope something dramatic happens as the values of the community need to be preserved. I haven't seen anything close to the thinking of the Brahmins which is for the reasons mentioned above is being vitiated. So God will help.

Latest ads

Back