• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

would not a daughter be a natural candidate to spend the old age with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is the emotion that will not change whatever happens.

Sravna,

Are you married or single?

If you define Love as an emotion then its bound to change cos emotion is oriented to Time,Place and Person.

Everything changes..remember nothing is permanent in this world even the Love we all hold on to so ever so tightly is merely an Illusion finally.

Ok now for in a lighter vein:

Dvaitin says : I love You.

Vishistadvaitin says:Loving You is like Loving Myself.

Advaitin says: You don't exists!!!

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I think it is possible to keep loving someone whatever happens. I think it is the stage where you have become irreversibly spiritual. Ofcourse as you say there is still some way to go after that as you need to shed off your positive emotions too. But the fact that you are able to show unconditional love indicates that you possess close to perfect mind. FYI, I am married.

Dear Renuka,

I think it is possible to keep loving someone whatever happens. I think it is the stage where you have become irreversibly spiritual. Ofcourse as you say there is still some way to go after that as you need to shed off your positive emotions too. But the fact that you are able to show unconditional love indicates that you possess close to perfect mind. FYI, I am married.

You are married!!!! and you still feel the emotion called love doesnt change???

See its like this..begining of marriage..we are in cloud nine..few years after marriage we feel we are on mountains and no more on clouds..then many years later we are at ground level and then we get used to the feeling of sharing our life with someone and we all mistake it as Love buts its Ok that mistaken notion is also nice..heheheheehehe

Last edited:
You are married!!!! and you still feel the emotion called love doesnt change???

See its like this..begining of marriage..we are in cloud nine..few years after marriage we feel we are on mountains and no more on clouds..then many years later we are at ground level and then we get used to the feeling of sharing our life with someone and we all mistake it as Love buts its Ok that mistaken notion is also nice..heheheheehehe

Dear Renuka,

Love need not be always a mistaken notion. I think it would be easier for you to believe that there are people who always harbor bad thoughts towards others? So why can't there be an opposite?

Dear Renuka,

Love need not be always a mistaken notion. I think it would be easier for you to believe that there are people who always harbor bad thoughts towards others? So why can't there be an opposite?

Its not easy to harbour bad thoughts always..it has an heavy effect on the nervous system.
Try being angry even for 1 hour..not possible.
By nature we humans are programmed to love goodness to keep ourselves happy so I dont think that always equates to True Love.

Hey this topic is better than the D,V and Advaita thread..easier on the mind.

Its not easy to harbour bad thoughts always..it has an heavy effect on the nervous system.
Try being angry even for 1 hour..not possible.
By nature we humans are programmed to love goodness to keep ourselves happy so I dont think that always equates to True Love.

Hey this topic is better than the D,V and Advaita thread..easier on the mind.

OK, it is not possible to be continuosly angry or spiteful and so on. But I am talking about the undertone. Take an out and out selfish person. Whatever he does is to further his own cause. Basically he has bad intentions though he doesn't display them always. Can he ever truly have any other person's interests in mind and ever truly love anyone? Just reverse the situation. Though the instances are rare, I do not think true love is impossible.

The topic is indeed lighter and no need to rack one's brain for a reply!

Dear Sravna,

You really feel love is constant all the while? Begining its like Volcano so hot. then its like Tsunami still powerful but less hot then after many years its like Haleys comet comes only every 75 years.

Dear Sravna,

You really feel love is constant all the while? Begining its like Volcano so hot. then its like Tsunami still powerful but less hot then after many years its like Haleys comet comes only every 75 years.

brahin,

i tend to agree with sravana. a true love does not waver. it is always at the same intensity.

does not mean, that if there is love in a marriage, that there is no fight or disagreement. those are day to day adjustments.

love is eternal. or atleast till both die. i have seen a few couples with this intensity. :)

Dear Sravna,

Dear Mr.Brahin,

You are comparing Love feelings with erruption of hot Volcano and the wildness of a wet Tsunami..isn't it?

I have no disagreement with your statements, but would like to tell you that, such are the loves that gets ignited by physical/sexual attractions/desires. So, that obviously would fade away during a course of time with a person and may ignite new attractions/desires with another at any point of time, as second time, third time or any no. of times.

But a true feel of heart and compassion, with or without physical attraction can ever be sustaining, depending on a individual.

Love or Zero

Love is a feeling between or amongst people (not necessarily romantic) sustained by emotional experiences and years-long sufferings without much selfish motive. It certainly not reflected in a young or youthish boy and girl going round and round a tree without climbing on it and at the same time mouthing a song written by somebody,sung by somebody to a music score composed by somebody. Love could be between a mother and a new born, born out of natural give-and-take instinct. A non-sensual love between a husband and wife can blossom into an emotional unity probably towards their parting time.

Love is a feeling between or amongst people (not necessarily romantic) sustained by emotional experiences and years-long sufferings without much selfish motive. It certainly not reflected in a young or youthish boy and girl going round and round a tree without climbing on it and at the same time mouthing a song written by somebody,sung by somebody to a music score composed by somebody. Love could be between a mother and a new born, born out of natural give-and-take instinct. A non-sensual love between a husband and wife can blossom into an emotional unity probably towards their parting time.

iyya,

i believe love has a thousand faces. you are describing one of it. :)

jai love.

Good points brought up.I feel most of us are confusing eternal love with our personalized love interest.

Ok let me put it this way.I would say we are Practitioners of Love and when we practice anything its subject to change and decline.

For example: In Geeta when Lord Krishna says Yada Yada Hidharmasya Glanir Bhavati Bharata..Lord Krishna was talking about Decline in the Practice of Dharma cos technically Dharma is Eternal and cannot decline.

Same way..Love is indeed eternal as our underlying true nature is vowen by the threads of Sat Cit Ananda.

We should not confuse a personalized love with eternal love even though personalized love gives us a launching pad to taste the Amrit of Eternal Love(Ananda I mean here).
Its like we realizing the Eternal Truth after having a Personalized God(Ishwara).

To a certain extent Love between husband and wife has personal interests whether we realize it or not and its conditional and anything conditional is subject to change.

A man may love a woman deeply but when he gets to know that she had a deep dark secret before marriage he might just ditch her and divorce her.

Most man will divorce their wives if they find out their wife had an affair while she was away on a bussiness trip.
But a husband who had an affair while being on a bussiness trip citing examples that he was drunk,it was raining outside,there was thunder lightning and hence he crossed the lines here will expect wife to understand him and forgive him but how many man are willing to buy this story if wife says same thing to them?

So dont you think Love is still conditional?

Even Love for God can be conditional. As long things go right we praise God and when things go wrong we blame God and even degrade prayer and God and might stop praying all togather..so do you really feel any Love is not subject to change and decline?

There might be some couples who are emotionally well connected and some who are "apparently" well connected.
The 1st type might be soul mates and 2nd types may be never faced situations to test their love..just like a man in a jungle feels he has conquered anger cos no one made him angry there and when he comes to town and someone slaps him all hell will break loose.

I am putting a interesting video here about a man (Rohit Sharma) feelings when his wife cheated on him and how he feels about it and wants her back.may be his is true love.

How to Deal With Extra Marital Affairs in Married Life? - Learn the Right Path of Love and Harmony From the Master!

Last edited:
Dear Mr.Brahin,

You are comparing Love feelings with erruption of hot Volcano and the wildness of a wet Tsunami..isn't it?

I have no disagreement with your statements, but would like to tell you that, such are the loves that gets ignited by physical/sexual attractions/desires. So, that obviously would fade away during a course of time with a person and may ignite new attractions/desires with another at any point of time, as second time, third time or any no. of times.

But a true feel of heart and compassion, with or without physical attraction can ever be sustaining, depending on a individual.

Dear C Ravi,

To fall in love at begining attraction is there.This is a fact only.Something in that person attracted us to him or her.
How it proceeds after that only differs from person to person.

You are right only when you said" loves that gets ignited by physical/sexual attractions/desires. So, that obviously would fade away during a course of time with a person and may ignite new attractions/desires with another at any point of time, as second time, third time or any no. of times."

See problem only comes when we have second love interest and neglect the first love interest.
Why neglect? Love all,so many people to love us who doesnt want?

See King Dasharatha loved 3 wifes but one mistake he did was he displayed his fondness for Kaikeyi and other 2 wifes surely would have felt bad.

See that way Draupadi is good.She loved all 5 even though she had soft corner for Arjuna.Only when she died Yudhisthira knew she loved Arjuna most.She didnt display special fondness for Arjuna.She took care of all their feelings.

I think when you are exhibiting true love you are one who is attached to principles and morals more than anything else. Such persons have very forgiving nature. That probabaly helps them to gloss over any wrongs done by partner, children, parents etc. So the focus is really not on the person or the actions alone beacuse your higher guiding principles tend not to give undue importance to such things. Thus once you give your commitment you remain committed.

Dear C Ravi,

If we dont have desire that we should love someone & somebody also should love us than love wont happen only & phsyical / sexual attraction is just extension of love nothing else.

Good points brought up.I feel most of us are confusing eternal love with our personalized love interest.

Ok let me put it this way.I would say we are Practitioners of Love and when we practice anything its subject to change and decline.

For example: In Geeta when Lord Krishna says Yada Yada Hidharmasya Glanir Bhavati Bharata..Lord Krishna was talking about Decline in the Practice of Dharma cos technically Dharma is Eternal and cannot decline.

Same way..Love is indeed eternal as our underlying true nature is vowen by the threads of Sat Cit Ananda.

We should not confuse a personalized love with eternal love even though personalized love gives us a launching pad to taste the Amrit of Eternal Love(Ananda I mean here).
Its like we realizing the Eternal Truth after having a Personalized God(Ishwara).

To a certain extent Love between husband and wife has personal interests whether we realize it or not and its conditional and anything conditional is subject to change.

A man may love a woman deeply but when he gets to know that she had a deep dark secret before marriage he might just ditch her and divorce her.

Most man will divorce their wives if they find out their wife had an affair while she was away on a bussiness trip.
But a husband who had an affair while being on a bussiness trip citing examples that he was drunk,it was raining outside,there was thunder lightning and hence he crossed the lines here will expect wife to understand him and forgive him but how many man are willing to buy this story if wife says same thing to them?

So dont you think Love is still conditional?

Even Love for God can be conditional. As long things go right we praise God and when things go wrong we blame God and even degrade prayer and God and might stop praying all togather..so do you really feel any Love is not subject to change and decline?

There might be some couples who are emotionally well connected and some who are "apparently" well connected.
The 1st type might be soul mates and 2nd types may be never faced situations to test their love..just like a man in a jungle feels he has conquered anger cos no one made him angry there and when he comes to town and someone slaps him all hell will break loose.

I am putting a interesting video here about a man (Rohit Sharma) feelings when his wife cheated on him and how he feels about it and wants her back.may be his is true love.

How to Deal With Extra Marital Affairs in Married Life? - Learn the Right Path of Love and Harmony From the Master!

Dear Renu,

Nice you wrote.You think a lot like me.

I think when you are exhibiting true love you are one who is attached to principles and morals more than anything else. Such persons have very forgiving nature. That probabaly helps them to gloss over any wrongs done by partner, children, parents etc. So the focus is really not on the person or the actions alone beacuse your higher guiding principles tend not to give undue importance to such things. Thus once you give your commitment you remain committed.

Dear Sravna,

You are also having a point.But most of the while we are in love with principles,morals and not really the person.

That video Renu put is an eye opener.hope that guy and his wife get back and be happy again.

The desire to love some one and be loved by that some one is a natural instict. Once a pair truely started loving each other, than there should not be a thought of second or multiple love, just to enjoy the feel of love making with many.

Love is not just a physical attraction/attachement but more meaningfully a emotional attachment and commitment by each other.

A love between husband and wife may have many minute details that, the couples in question can only realize and judge each other.

A wife may forgive the accidental sex of her husband, with other lady with mutual consent. But that husband will for sure have a wound in him till his death.

A husband may forgive the accidental sex of his wife, with other man with mutal consent. But that wife will for sure have a guilt consciousness till her death.

Both may forgive each other and still live together. But there may just exist a sense of higher level of love just similar to a love with God, owing to strong emotional attachement and commitment that the couples in question once had for a long time.

There are couples who have extramarital affairs for their different needs, both know as what the other is doing outside and still continue to live together with the same level of physical and emotional love. May be they are endorsed with a status of high level, elevated, eternal loving couples.

We have many a choise to live our life with our spouse. We can be considerate to our spouse and never cheat her/him, we can be having secret extra marital affairs and still love our spouse, we can be having a new love affair and leave the old one etc..etc..

In all, in my opinion, if love making is combined with emotional attachment and commitment, than one neither need to find onself guilty nor need to lead the rest of the life by killing once's true self just for a reason of one's great love and forgiveness towards the erring spouse.

Last edited:
some info..

The Master Course

The lesson of the day from Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami's trilogy: Dancing with Siva, Living with Siva and Merging with Siva

Lesson 66

Astral Magnetism

The force of kundalini flows as a river through men and women. Sexual intercourse gives that river an outlet, creates a channel, a psychic-astral tube between their muladhara chakras. After the first intercourse, awareness is turned outward into the external world and the man or woman is more vulnerable to the forces of desire. The ramification of the intellect can now be experienced more than ever before. If the force is contained within the marriage covenant, with blessings from the Devaloka and Sivaloka, rays similar to the astral tube established between the couple are established between each of them through the higher chakras with the Mahadevas and their devas. A holy state of matrimony has been entered into. Dancing with Siva, Hinduism's Contemporary Catechism states: "When a young virgin man and woman marry and share physical intimacy with each other, their union is very strong and their marriage stable. This is due to the subtle, psychic forces of the human nerve system. Their psychic forces, or nadis, grow together, and they form a one body and a one mind. This is the truest marriage and the strongest, seldom ending in separation or divorce. Conversely, if the man or woman has had intercourse before the marriage, the emotional/psychic closeness of the marriage will suffer, and this in proportion to the extent of promiscuity."

The higher rays and lower astral-psychic tubes that are created between husband and wife can contain the forces of desire within them. They also control the instinctive curiosities of the intellect, allowing its full power to manifest and create a productive and abundant life for the family which has continuity and consistency. A life of dharma can be lived.

The release of the sacred seed into the woman during sexual intercourse establishes, through the first chakra, a connecting psychic astral tube which can be clearly seen on the astral plane. It is through this psychic tube that desires, feelings and even telepathic messages can be passed from one to another. This connecting tube is generally about six inches in diameter.

Nowadays, because of promiscuity, masses of people are connected one to another in this way. A great bed of astral matter envelops them as they go from one partner to another. This causes the forces of intense fear to persist. From an inner perspective, their soul bodies are obscured by this astral matter, and it is most difficult for those living in the Devaloka to contact anyone on the Earth plane who is thus involved. Such individuals must fend for themselves, with little or no protection from the Devaloka or the Sivaloka, as do the animals, who do not have benefit of the intellect to guide their actions.

Any two people touching in other ways--kissing, embracing--also establishes a temporary connecting link of astral matter which penetrates their auras and completely covers their forms. This is sometimes called the great magnetism, for it appears in the Second World as a psychic mass connecting the two of them as wide as the length of their bodies. This astral matter is created from the diverse expulsion of emotional energies, blending their auras together. The psychic connection is magnetic enough to repeatedly pull them back together or cause emotional pain if they are separated. But unless the encounter is repeated, the astral matter will wear away in three or four days, a month at the most. In this way, touching or caressing someone causes an abundant release of magnetic force to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back