• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women and morality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why a man in hu man - because he understands her and shows kindness and having
sympathy to her because she also expects from him the following :

Honesty, Sense of Humor, Trustworthy, Confidence and having patience to hear her
feelings, Passionate, Talented, kindness, Money, ability to protect her, loyalty,
chivalry, manners and hygiene, Respecting her time and space, above all being a
friend first, and last not the least Not being clingy and desperate.

If a man has all the above, a women will have love and affection towards his man.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Renu what about manusha? I thought that was human. I have never heard of manava except the tamil meaning of student (maanavan) not sure of thats pronounced the same though.

Renu what about manusha? I thought that was human. I have never heard of manava except the tamil meaning of student (maanavan) not sure of thats pronounced the same though.

Dear Amala,

Manu is supposed to be the progenitor of humankind.

Progeny of Manu is called Maanava.
Just like progeny of Raghu is called Raaghava.

If one belongs to Manu(Possessive case) its termed Manusya.

Maanusha also means Human.

My wish for the day:

Women should have smaller breasts and men should have hairless chest cos it will make my life easier when I do an ECG for them.

Thank God I have yet to see a big breasted hairy chested individual..thats the day I will say Doc is out for lunch and I will come back the next day only.

With Big Breast there is so much collide and with hairy chests there is fear it might ignite!!!

Last edited:
My wish for the day:

Women should have smaller breasts and men should have hairless chest cos it will make my life easier when I do an ECG for them.

Thank God I have yet to see a big breasted hairy chested individual..thats the day I will say Doc is out for lunch and I will come back the next day only.

With Big Breast there is so much collide and with hairy chests there is fear it might ignite!!!

While Valli wishes that Sathyaraj does not come to Renu's clinic, I am happy that I am not a Doctor. I do not want to look at big breast from an ECG point of view. EYE's delight is ECG's plight? :noidea:

Renu mentioned "With Big Breast there is so much collide and with hairy chests there is fear it might ignite". For an ordinary man, it is other way round. Hairy chest might collide and BB would ignite him!! hehehe....

a wage earning independent woman, who has no need of a man to clothe feed and house her, has no need also, to put up with a drunk wayward abusive husband. QUOTE]

I see this message - that the women of previous generations were putting up with their husbands because they needed financial support from him - coming out often in this forum. Is it just that? Isn't it tolerance? Isn't it for the "good of the family"? Isn't it "an extension of love"? We see many men of today "putting up" with their wives and the reason obviously is not financial.

I am just airing out my mind and want to hear others. My intention is not to question K's view but to understand the issue better.

while valli wishes that sathyaraj does not come to renu's clinic, i am happy that i am not a doctor. I do not want to look at big breast from an ecg point of view. Eye's delight is ecg's plight? :noidea:

Renu mentioned "with big breast there is so much collide and with hairy chests there is fear it might ignite". For an ordinary man, it is other way round. Hairy chest might collide and bb would ignite him!! Hehehe....
hello !
Bb and hc are symbol of arogant and vulgar as per cinema rule . But in reality bb is useless for anything and hc is bad odour and many people will runaway.why,an satyaraj alone ,you can mention goundamani also.angamuthu &bindu ghosh as well as usilai mani are utilized for comedy.
Guruvayurappan

a wage earning independent woman, who has no need of a man to clothe feed and house her, has no need also, to put up with a drunk wayward abusive husband. QUOTE]

I see this message - that the women of previous generations were putting up with their husbands because they needed financial support from him - coming out often in this forum. Is it just that? Isn't it tolerance? Isn't it for the "good of the family"? Isn't it "an extension of love"? We see many men of today "putting up" with their wives and the reason obviously is not financial.

I am just airing out my mind and want to hear others. My intention is not to question K's view but to understand the issue better.
DEAR HARIDAS SIVA !
IN MANY CASES IT IS THE FINANCIAL DEPENDENCY WHICH MADE THEM TO TOLERATE ALL THE SORROWS for the sake of their children. they were not asking for divorce when the cruelty exceed and taking care of their wards by doing house hold works/help from brothers.the fortunate women will succeed and will be taken care of by the wards.but nowadays the women are financially independant &hence many divorce cases.but the truth is the mind setup in olden days and present day is the same.only difference is the people has acquired more awarness. remember the the dialogue kalam karikalam uttered by your grandfa,your father and now by ourselves.
cheers
guruvayurappan

I fail to understand how being drunken, abusive both physically, mentally is "tolerance" and "for the good of the family" from a hubby's POV. The only difference is today i think society makes men accountable for their actions. And for that they are crying. Just because "some of today's women" have started to assert themselves, "some" men can't take it. Just think how many decades or is it centuries that men have been doing far worse to the women.

Even today in war women and children are the 1st line of casualty. many men think just because their small circle/small bubble has changed and women in their circle are dominating, they think all women all over are having it great. No. women still suffer from henious wicked crimes of all sorts. They are still the easiest targets after children. Let us not kid ourselves that just because some women are successful and having a great time that all women are having a great time as well. There is still much more to be done. And its very disheartening to see men think that women are doing great and have it all now. Maybe only in our teeny weeny bubble.

The issue I raised was not about who is suffering. It was rather about the reason why a person puts up with one’s spouse – is it only financial dependence? That is my point.

The “tolerance” I mentioned in my earlier post is not from the husband’s POV but that of the wife.

No one really knows what goes on in the mind of a female except herself.

You said it, Renuka! In fact there is an old Sanskrit verse,
I think Renuka can use her Sanskrit knowledge to interpret it for us:

Triya charitram, Purushasya bhagyam, Devo Na Janati, Kuto Manushya…

You said it, Renuka! In fact there is an old Sanskrit verse,
I think Renuka can use her Sanskrit knowledge to interpret it for us:

Triya charitram, Purushasya bhagyam, Devo Na Janati, Kuto Manushya…

there must be some grammar rule which I am not aware of here that makes Striyah be written as Triyah here anyway this is the translation:

Triyah(Striyah)=woman
Charitam=Character..in this context more about the basic nature of a woman
Purushasya=of a man
Bhagyam=fortune/destiny
Devo(Deva)=God
Na=not
Janati=knows
Kuto(Kuta)=what about
Manushya=humans

Ok roughly translates to ;

God does not know the character(nature) of a woman and the destiny of a man..so what about humans?

It means that if even God cant decipher or make out the character of a woman and destiny of a man..just imagine where mere mortals stand in trying to decode the same!!

Last edited:
Thanks Renuka. Now here is an interesting question. Can a woman figure out what is going on in the mind of another woman?

Many a times I find women to be deeply suspicious of other women. Is that justified? Perhaps they have read the mind?

Thanks Renuka. Now here is an interesting question. Can a woman figure out what is going on in the mind of another woman?

Many a times I find women to be deeply suspicious of other women. Is that justified? Perhaps they have read the mind?

Most of the while we can make out the next move of a person by watching his/her body language.
Its easy to spot a fake anytime...believe me.

But now there is a new phenomenon too...we are able to read someone else's mind on line too by seeing the pattern of words they chose to write.

Forum is a good place to start learning mind reading!!!LOL

Coming to being deeply suspicious of other women..so far I havent really given it much of a thought but I am always wary of a goody two shoes or a person who tries to portray an image of classiness.

I wonder if you had seen one comedy clip of Vivek..where he will be called Tamil Kirukkan and he goes for an interview for the position of a news reader.
There he is rejected cos he speaks fluent and pure Tamil.

The position is given to a modern looking girl named Elizabeth who speaks western accented Tamil much to the delight of the interviewer.

Then Vivek picks up a fight with Elizabeth and suddenly her accented tamil becomes all street tamil words and Vivek is shocked at the true nature of Elizabeth saying "never judge a book by its cover"

So most people are actually like that these days..they just try to mask their true nature by putting up a class act but when the situation arrives their true nature will surface...so sit back and watch the fun.

No need to be suspicious of anyone..they invariably expose themselves!!LOL

Am I correct? Normally women will not come out with the truth at the first instance in the unknown
place. Generally,it is said that it is more important to watch and pay careful attention to HOW they
say things and HOW they stand and HOW they act than it is (what they initially). If a person who
starts lying to someone will avoid making eye contact. Hands touching their face, throat, or mouth
etc or sometimes they put their hand to hand or put their hand on the back of their head or ear scratch
their nose, etc. These things can give certain clue.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Am I correct? Normally women will not come out with the truth at the first instance in the unknown
place. Generally,it is said that it is more important to watch and pay careful attention to HOW they
say things and HOW they stand and HOW they act than it is (what they initially). If a person who
starts lying to someone will avoid making eye contact. Hands touching their face, throat, or mouth
etc or sometimes they put their hand to hand or put their hand on the back of their head or ear scratch
their nose, etc. These things can give certain clue.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,

I havent really heard that about woman not coming out with the truth in unknown place??may be I dont know but you know sir you have to meet some individuals I have met.
I used to have a foreign maid before and even if you catch her red handed for anything she can deny and deny and you will see no changes in body language..some are expert liars that they have got so used to lying that even a lie detector machine will not detect anything.

for these type of individuals we need to make a truth detector machine cos their body might only register changes when truth is spoken.

Here also nowadays such things take place. I only mentioned a general thing
that happens. Because people will feel shy and may not come out with the true
picture, that is what I wanted to emphasize. It is quite natural. Shyness or
anxiety sometime creates an unknown fear in a person. They will be comfortable
only in a place where they are familiar. Introverted thinking also makes a person
action based.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

dear balu sir !
people will act in one fashion while in a social gathering or in a function and behave in a dif. manner while moving in limited people get to gether . you can come to understand them while meeting them in next few meetings
your post #9
guruvayurappan4

At some point of time or another, we generally feel guilty in our judging
something or someone based on the appearance alone. What I wanted
to say was generally women keep the thoughts in the back of their mind.
Society too has made the women terribly self conscious. I am not trying
to say that your statement is incorrect. You have rightly put it. Yet,
I only want to put it here is that it takes time to find out before we say
anything just based on what is outside.

Thank you for your inputs.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

This is what I have learnt from my wife and daughter. I have vowed to follow it all my life.

"When we come to you with some problems, we expect only sympathy and definitely not your logical solutions. We are intelligent and wise enough to find our own solutions."

This is what I have learnt from my wife and daughter. I have vowed to follow it all my life.

"When we come to you with some problems, we expect only sympathy and definitely not your logical solutions. We are intelligent and wise enough to find our own solutions."

Very profound.
Wish I can follow what you preach, but my ego comes in the way.

All women tell only the truth and you have to find out whether it is the truth. And the truth is ever evasive and that is what we call 'Satyameva Jayate'!

Yes. Telling the truth is always good, despite the fact whether it hurts someone
and other consequences. But it cannot be taken as it is in totality. There are
exceptions and consequentialism. Lying is bad irrespective of the outcome. But
here also there are exceptions. Some are and have to be flexible depending on
circumstances. It telling truth will hurt someone and would create a dangerous
consequences, and if the person is generally a good person, then it is better not
to be frank, because at that time no one will be hurt and it is ethically sound.
I am not a person to conclude, but there are explanations to this effect in our
history too.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back