• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women and morality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there are many definitions to the above statement. I do not want to
go in depth and create unnecessary dialogue on this issue and hurt somebody's feelings.
Generally, it is said that anything that gives or is meant to give a false impression to
this effect is termed as. Merely, a lie is not in the words alone or lack of words, it
is in the intention of the person who tries to deceive. A lie of omission is termed
to remain or keep silent, when ethical behaviour calls for a person to speak out.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

This is even better..

[h=1]Confused Engagement - Warning Signs of Emotional Cheating[/h]The following behaviors may indicate that a spouse has feelings for you, but is also in love with someone else.
  • Drastic mood swings and may seem emotionally unstable
  • Partner seems distracted, confused, detached, or distant
  • Alternates between sexual interest and lack of interest
  • Sex may be much more emotional
  • May suggest new things sexually then loss interest
  • Exaggerated displays of affection and love followed by quiet periods
  • Overly affectionate and passionate at times
  • Increased expressions of love
  • Sudden changes in clothing, appearance, or interest in getting in shape
  • Sudden change in habits, hobbies, or schedules
  • Increased reference or talking about the third party
  • Unusual phone activity or text messaging
  • Suddenly keeps cell phone away from you
Essentially, a spouse or partner who acts like this may be in love with two people and very confused about what to do.

Confused Engagement Signs - Truth About Deception

dear renuka !
the item mentioned need not be for the infidelity spouse having second love,it applies to huaband/wife having suspecting partner. it is borne out possessiveness.
guruvayurappan

dear renuka !
the item mentioned need not be for the infidelity spouse having second love,it applies to huaband/wife having suspecting partner. it is borne out possessiveness.
guruvayurappan

This whole website has lots of good stuff..very very interesting.

Got some juicy stuff for all men who want to understand women better..have fun reading..

Cheating Wife - Truth About Deception

I do not agree with one point that appears in the above quote. "When a woman does have a one night stand
it tends to be with some one who is more attractive and physically fit than her husband". This is not at all
correct from the woman's angle. Once she weds a person, she decides every thing before her marriage and
agrees to stay with him till their end unitedly. This cheating is really unacceptable from the human angle.
Yesteryears, people used to narrate, "kallalum kanavan pullalum purshan, kanavane kankanda deivam" etc
All these things remain only on paper and not in spirit.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I do not agree with one point that appears in the above quote. "When a woman does have a one night stand
it tends to be with some one who is more attractive and physically fit than her husband". This is not at all
correct from the woman's angle. Once she weds a person, she decides every thing before her marriage and
agrees to stay with him till their end unitedly. This cheating is really unacceptable from the human angle.
Yesteryears, people used to narrate, "kallalum kanavan pullalum purshan, kanavane kankanda deivam" etc

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,

As I said you can never guess the mind of a woman and woman are not looking anymore for கல் and புல் .

Sir all I can say is you are very very pure hearted.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur
dear balu sir !
your post is little bit confusing (the reason being the last sentence . All these things remain only on paper and not in spirit.)
chees
guruvayurappan

We read many things about discipline in life, discipline in code of conduct, etc applicable to
every human being. Once a person slips from morality, it indirectly shows that the person
is having or showing an interest in gloomy or unpleasant things in life -- even you may term
it to morbid. "Ettu Suraikai Karikku Uthavathu". A person does not lead a life only for a
temporary pleasure.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

bala,

under no circumstances spouses cheating on each other, is good. to put it mildly. it is indeed a sad reflection on the state of their relationships.

in the past, i think, women put up with their husbands cheating, while they themselves were stayathome, economically dependent and probably under constant watchful eyes of the in-laws.

today, in my opinion, increasingly for urban women, they may be close to equal opportunity, re faithful/less ness in a marriage. in short, the what is good for the gander, is now becoming good for the goose too.

Yes. Telling the truth is always good, despite the fact whether it hurts someone
and other consequences. But it cannot be taken as it is in totality. There are
exceptions and consequentialism. Lying is bad irrespective of the outcome. But
here also there are exceptions. Some are and have to be flexible depending on
circumstances. It telling truth will hurt someone and would create a dangerous
consequences, and if the person is generally a good person, then it is better not
to be frank, because at that time no one will be hurt and it is ethically sound.
I am not a person to conclude, but there are explanations to this effect in our
history too.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

But is there such a thing as a white lie, right? For example many forum members use aliases instead of their real names. Is that a problem?

Dear all,

What is the female equivalent for the famous/infamous Kallanalum Kanavan Pullanalum Purushan

I was thinking on terms of Mannalanum Manaivi,Ponnalum Pondatti..
Even if its earth(mann) or gold(ponn) wife is still wife.

Dear all,

What is the female equivalent for the famous/infamous Kallanalum Kanavan Pullanalum Purushan

I was thinking on terms of Mannalanum Manaivi,Ponnalum Pondatti..
Even if its earth(mann) or gold(ponn) wife is still wife.

Here are my thoughts:

Makku aanaalum manaivi
Thurumbu aanaalum thunaivi

She is the wife even if she is stupid/insignificant

baaram aanaalum taaram
saakkadai aanaalum samsaaram

She is the wife even if she is a burden or drainage

purambokkaanaalum pondaatti
shopping ponaalum saheli

She is the wife even if she is a waste/spendthrift

Here are my thoughts:

Makku aanaalum manaivi
Thurumbu aanaalum thunaivi

She is the wife even if she is stupid/insignificant

baaram aanaalum taaram
saakkadai aanaalum samsaaram

She is the wife even if she is a burden or drainage

purambokkaanaalum pondaatti
shopping ponaalum saheli

She is the wife even if she is a waste/spendthrift

OMG!!! We need the help of Forum Poet VR Ji to write back to Haridas.

I remember seeing one Tamil movie where Vishu's brother acted and he used to be a drunken husband and his wife was scolding him and then he said to her..

Kallanalum Kanavan "Full"analum Purushan

After all she is our life partner, whether she is good or bad, wicked/cunning or shrewd, intelligent
or dull, fast or slow, let us not have any criticism amongst ourselves. At least sometimes, she comes
forward to share our sorrow and happiness and she fulfills our needs. In the earlier years,
our forefathers had treated them only as reproductive machinery and they even never allowed to
come out of the house, why even permit them to come to the front hall or stand in front of other
elders without their husband's permission.

Even an expert Cook, sometimes may err in his preparation. Can we term him as bad.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Music themed or novel story themed serials do attract women at home,
particularly housewives, others for entertainment or relaxation at their
leisure hours. This does not stop with them. It spreads to the kids of
all ages and spoils of some of them (particular obscene pictures carrying
serials). Above all that, house wives prefer to listen to good old timeless
favorite songs or movies. In some houses misunderstandings do take place
when husbands return late night after hard work and plan to take rest.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

bala,

today, in my opinion, increasingly for urban women, they may be close to equal opportunity, re faithful/less ness in a marriage. in short, the what is good for the gander, is now becoming good for the goose too.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

Well said. Devotion is two sided. If the husband expects his wife to be devoted, he should also be equally devoted to her. Today the economically liberated woman shows that she is in no way inferior to man in any field.

Regards,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I am a rather conservative person and live a lower middle class tamil brahmin life, with my family. I do not think that equality between man and woman can ever be brought about, despite all that is being said in such nice words. Woman is the more preferred sex by genetics and perhaps the "default" mode of production in the human reproductory factory unless the Y-chromosome awakes from its slumber and commences its mischief by the 5th. month of pregnancy. But in the real world, woman cannot get along without the help, support and shelter of a male, whereas a male can live alone if only he is prepared to sacrifice the advantages of having a female life-partner.

I know people of today, including old men, are carried away by the modern ideas of women's equality and all that. Also, Indian women are only too happy to support feminist view points but they make sure that they do so from the vantage point of a wife, not as a single mother, confirmed spinster (who will not marry at all) or as an unwed mother.

Our ancient sages did not say "stree is abalaa, without balam" just like that, I am fully convinced.

But in the real world, woman cannot get along without the help, support and shelter of a male, whereas a male can live alone if only he is prepared to sacrifice the advantages of having a female life-partner.

Dear Sarma Ji,

Have you ever noticed that a widowed mother with many children and no support ever from anyone can still manage to feed her kids and bring them up and in that process neglecting herself?

A widowed man with children can hardly manage most of the while.

Dear sir you also wrote this:

Our ancient sages did not say "stree is abalaa, without balam" just like that, I am fully convinced.​
Bala can have many meanings..Bala can also mean Force and Violence.
So may be Stree Abalaa could also mean Women are more Ahimsa in nature.
We cant be 100% sure Abalaa only meant weaker... Cos ancient Viprahas were well known for their Bahuda Vadanti statements.

dear renuka !
there is no doubt about a woman capacity to bring up her children. what mr.sarma pointed out is a man can live without a female support where as the woman can not is the point. the widowed maother gets support /purpose with her boy/boys chan pillai analum aan pillai. a boy can wander with his gowbinam where as the girl can not do so
guruvayurappan

If the boys can dress up like girls, why not the girls to certain age, say bikini.
Let us resist the urge and not throw something at someone . Mother will not
send her girl like that, at least she will modify her sarry (Pudavai) to cover her body.
God or some one (representative) on this earth will come up to her and extend
protection in times of crisis.

We are not in Western Countries to move topless (beaches/park)

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back