• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wisdom Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
THINK BEFORE YOUR LEAP

One fine day, a bus driver went to the bus garage, started his bus, and drove off along
the route. No problems for the first few stops-a few People got on, a few got off, and
things went generally well. At the next stop, however, a big hulk of a guy got on. Six
feet eight, Built like a wrestler, arms hanging down to the ground. He glared at the
Driver and said, "Big John doesn't pay!" and sat down at the back.
Did I mention that the driver was five feet three, thin, and basically meek? Well, he
was. Naturally, he didn't argue with Big John, but he wasn't happy about it.
The next day the same thing happened-Big John got on again, made a show of refusing
to pay, and sat down. And the next day, and the one after that, and so forth. This
grated on the bus driver, who started losing sleep over the way Big John was taking
advantage of him.

Finally he could stand it no longer. He signed up for body building courses, karate,
judo, and all that good stuff. By the end of the summer, he had become quite strong;
what's more, he felt really good about himself.
So on the next Monday, when Big John once again got on the bus and said, "Big John
doesn't pay!" the driver stood up, glared back at the passenger, and screamed, "And
why not?"
With a surprised look on his face, Big John replied, "Big John has a Bus pass."

"Be sure there is a problem in the first place before working hard to
solve one."

MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY

A man was walking down the beach at sunset. As he walked along, he saw
another man in the distance. He noticed this man kept leaning down, picking
up something and throwing it out into the water, again and again. As, he
approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that
had been washed up on the beach. He was throwing them back into the water,
one by one.

Puzzled, he approached the man and said, "Good Evening. I was wondering what you
are doing."

"I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, its low tide and all these
starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If, I don't throw them back into the
ocean, they'll die up here from lack of oxygen."

"But, there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can't possible get to all of
them. And, don't you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up
and down this coast. Can't you see that you can't possibly make a difference?"

The man bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and threw it back into
the ocean. With a smile he replied, "Made a difference to that one!!!"

Just remember, no matter how small the deed it really does makes a difference.
Make a difference today. Do something nice for someone else.

This one corresponds to Dr.Anandi's signature, "Live Today". Words of Wisdom from an old man:

"First, I was dying to finish High School and start College.
Then, I was dying to finish College and start working.
Then I was dying to marry and have children
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work
But then I was dying to retire
And now I am really dying....
Suddenly I realise I forgot to live.

Please don't let this happen to you.
Appreciate your current situation and enjoy each day.

We live as if we are never going to die and we die as if we never lived.

Worry about nothing and pray about everything."

This one corresponds to Dr.Anandi's signature, "Live Today". Words of Wisdom from an old man:

"First, I was dying to finish High School and start College.
Then, I was dying to finish College and start working.
Then I was dying to marry and have children
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work
But then I was dying to retire
And now I am really dying....
Suddenly I realise I forgot to live.

Please don't let this happen to you.
Appreciate your current situation and enjoy each day.

We live as if we are never going to die and we die as if we never lived.

Worry about nothing and pray about everything."

Dear Siva Sir.. this is a wonderful piece of wisdom.. the ultimate... Thank u so much for sharing this with all.
And I just want to add my contribution today with your article just like a continuation.. What I thought to post today is also conveys the same message... here it is... Thank u once again.. Anandi

The Sun rise...

When Sun rises every morning in Africa
A deer awakens,
knowing that it has to outrun the lion..
or be hunted to death..

Every morning in Africa
when the sun rises,
A Lion awakens
knowing that it has to outrun the deer
or else be starved to death

It doesn't matter whether
you are deer or lion
When the sun rises
better be running at your best
you only live once..

"LIVE TODAY..."
Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery
Today is the Reality..
Live it today...

Build a Bridge

Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into
conflict. It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side by side,
sharing machinery, and trading labour and goods as needed without
a hitch. Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small
misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference, and finally it
exploded into an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of
silence. One morning there was a knock on John's door. He opened it
to find a man with a carpenter's toolbox. "I'm looking for a few days
work,” he said. "Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and
there I could help with? Could I help you?"
"Yes," said the older brother. "I do have a job for you. Look across the
creek at that farm. That's my neighbour; in fact, it's my younger
brother. Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his
bulldozer to the river levee and now there is a creek between us.
Well, he may have done this to spite me, but I'll go him one better.
See that pile of lumber by the barn? I want you to build me a fence--
an 8-foot fence--so I won't need to see his place or his face anymore."
The carpenter said, "I think I understand the situation. Show me the
nails and the post hole digger and I'll be able to do a job that pleases
you."
The older brother had to go to town, so he helped the carpenter get
the materials ready and then he was off for the day. The carpenter
worked hard all that day measuring, sawing, nailing. About sunset
when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his job. The
farmer's eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence
there at all. It was a bridge--a bridge stretching from one side of the
creek to the other! A fine piece of work handrails and all--and the
neighbour, his younger brother, was coming across, his hand
outstretched.
"You are quite a fellow to build this bridge after all I've said and done."
The two brothers stood at each end of the bridge, and then they met
in the middle, taking each other's hand. They turned to see the
carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder.
"No, wait! Stay a few days. I've a lot of other projects for you," said
the older brother.
"I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but I have many more
bridges to build."

Anandiji,

A Tenali Raman Story.

"I've never eaten anything more tasty in my life!" declared Raman, who had just returned from his friend's house.
"What did you eat?" asked his wife.
"Mooli (radish) halwa," Raman said, smacking his lips.
"Mooli! Whoever has heard of halwa being made from mooli! It must have been something else," said his wife disbelievingly.
She just could not understand how anyone could make halwa out of mooli. Nevertheless, her curiosity was aroused and next day she asked him to get her the recipe from his friend and some moolis from the market.
"Where are the moolis?" she asked, when he returned.
"You see," he explained, "while I was returning from the market, a goat snatched the moolis away."
Annoyed at his carelessness, she said "Have you brought thr recipe?"
"Well, I thought," said Raman with a shrug, "The recipe is of no use without moolis, so I let the starving animal eat that too."

Alwan

Anandiji,

A Tenali Raman Story.

"I've never eaten anything more tasty in my life!" declared Raman, who had just returned from his friend's house.
"What did you eat?" asked his wife.
"Mooli (radish) halwa," Raman said, smacking his lips.
"Mooli! Whoever has heard of halwa being made from mooli! It must have been something else," said his wife disbelievingly.
She just could not understand how anyone could make halwa out of mooli. Nevertheless, her curiosity was aroused and next day she asked him to get her the recipe from his friend and some moolis from the market.
"Where are the moolis?" she asked, when he returned.
"You see," he explained, "while I was returning from the market, a goat snatched the moolis away."
Annoyed at his carelessness, she said "Have you brought thr recipe?"
"Well, I thought," said Raman with a shrug, "The recipe is of no use without moolis, so I let the starving animal eat that too."

Alwan

Thank u so much for sharing this wonderful story with all of us here Alwan ji... It is really very nice.. respects.. Anandi

[h=6]I am feeling proud in sharing this wonderful story with you all. It will make all emotional and bring tears in your eyes. Mother's love is something that no one can explain, it is made of deep devotion of sacrifice and pain. It is endless, unselfish and enduring come what may, nothing can destroy it or take that love away. And it glows beautifully as the rarest and brightest gems. It is far beyond defining. And still remains as a beautiful creation and a splendid miracle of God. Anandi..

DATE WITH A WOMAN

After 21 years of Marriage, my Wife wanted me to take another Woman out to Dinner and a Movie.
She said I Love You but I know this other Woman loves you and would Love to spend some Time with You.
The other Woman that my Wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER,
who has been a Widow for 19 years,
but the demands of my Work and my three Children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.
That night I called to Invite her to go out for Dinner and a Movie.
'What's wrong, are you well,' she asked?
My Mother is the type of Woman who suspects thata Late Night Call or a Surprise Invitation is a sign of Bad News.
'I thought that it would be pleasant to be with you,' I responded.
'Just the two of us.'
She thought about it for a moment, and then said, 'I would like that very much.'
That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit Nervous.
When I arrived at her House, I noticed that she too seemed to be Nervous about our Date.
She waited in the Door with her Coat on.
She had Curled her Hair and was wearing the Dress that she had worn to Celebrate her last Wedding Anniversary.
She smiled from a face that was as Radiant as an Angel's.
'I told my Friends that I was going to go out with My Son, and they were impressed, '
She said, as she got into the Car.
'They can't wait to hear about our meeting'.
We went to a Restaurant that, although not Elegant, was very Nice and Cozy.
My Mother took my Arm as if She were the First Lady.
After we sat down, I had to read the Menu. Large Print.
Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me.
A Nostalgic Smile was on her Lips.
'It was I who used to have to Read the Menu when you were Small,'
She said.
'Then it's Time that you Relax and let me Return the Favor,'
I responded.
During the Dinner, we had an Agreeable Conversation, nothing Extra-ordinary,
but catching up on recent Events of each others Life.
We talked so much that we missed the Movie.
As we arrived at her House later,
She said, 'I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.'
I agreed.
'How was your Dinner Date?' asked My Wife when I got Home.
'Very Nice. Much more so than I could have Imagined,' I answered.
A few days later, my Mother died of a Massive Heart Attack.
It happened so suddenly that I didn't have Time to do anything for her.
Some time later, I received an Envelope with a Copy of a Restaurant Receipt
from the same place Mother and I had dined.
An Attached Note Said:
'I paid this Bill in Advance.
I wasn't sure that I could be there;
But nevertheless, I paid for Two Plates –
One for You and the Other for Your Wife.
You will never know what that Night meant for Me.

I Love You,
My Son.'
At that moment, I understood the Importance of saying in Time:
'I LOVE YOU!'
and to give our Loved Ones the Time that they Deserve.
Nothing in Life is more important than God and your Family.
Give them the Time they Deserve, because these Things cannot be Put Off till 'Some Other Time.'
Pass This Along To Everyone
With An Aging Parent,
To A Child,
To An Adult,
To Anyone With A Parent,
And Most Importantly,
To Someone You Truly Love
[/h]

no-img-pic.jpg
King Krishna Raya built a beautiful mansion. He arranged for the painting of the walls of the mansion with appropriate pictures. After the completion of the painting, the painter reported to the king.

One day, King, his ministers and others went to the mansion. He was watching the paintings. Suddenly Tenali Ramakrishna noticed a picture which was painted sideways had limbs of only one side. The king said “You must imagine it all"

Tenali Ramakrishna with apparent sincerity said, "Yes now, I understand it.

After a long time, Ramakrishna told the king "Sir from the day we visited your new mansion, I have started practicing doing painting. I have become an expert in it now and I will be pleased if you could witness some of my beautiful executions." The king then entrusted to him the entire responsibility of painting the walls of a mansion. He instructed Ramakrishna to remove the old paintings and in its place put some of his beautiful paintings.

Ramakrishna then rubbed away all the paintings. He painted a nail in one place, a finger in another place, a hand in a third, thus he filled the whole house with his paintings and completely spoiled its look. He then went to King and said: "Sir, I have finished all my paintings"

The King taking visits the building with several people. On seeing the pictures, he said, "Ramakrishna I don’t see any beautiful paintings. I see only odd limbs and fragments."

Ramakrishna said: "You must imagine all the other portions to exist on the other side. It seems you have forgotten that obvious thing?"

On hearing Ramakrishna's reply, the king felt that the same words which he said to Ramakrishna long back was turning back to his ears. He left the place without making any comment.

ALWAYS STAY… POSITIVE! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Once upon a time there was a bunch of baby frogs....… participating in a competition. The target was to get to the top of a high tower. A crowd of people had gathered to observe the race and encourage the participants..... The start shot rang out....... Quite honestly, None of the onlookers believed that the baby frogs could actually accomplish getting to the top of the tower. Words like "Ah, it’s too difficult!!! They’ll never reach the top." Or "Not a chance... the tower is too high!" One by one some of the baby frogs fell off…... Except those who fastly climbed higher and higher.. The crowd kept on yelling "It’s too difficult. Nobody is going to make it!" More baby frogs became tired and gave up... ...But one kept going higher and higher..... He was not about giving up! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
At the end everybody had given up, except the one determined to reach the top! All the other participants naturally wanted to know how he had managed to do what none of them others had been able to do! One competitor asked them winner, what was his secret? The truth was....... The winner was deaf!!!! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
The lesson to be learned -Don’t ever listen to people who are negative and pessimistic...[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
They will deprive you of your loveliest dreams and wishes you carry in your heart! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Always be aware of the power of words, as everything you hear and read will interfere with your actions! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Therefore - Always stay… POSITIVE![FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
And most of all turn a deaf ear when people tell you, that you cannot achieve your dreams![FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Always believe - You can make it! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

no-img-pic.jpg
King Krishna Raya built a beautiful mansion. He arranged for the painting of the walls of the mansion with appropriate pictures. After the completion of the painting, the painter reported to the king.

One day, King, his ministers and others went to the mansion. He was watching the paintings. Suddenly Tenali Ramakrishna noticed a picture which was painted sideways had limbs of only one side. The king said “You must imagine it all"

Tenali Ramakrishna with apparent sincerity said, "Yes now, I understand it.

After a long time, Ramakrishna told the king "Sir from the day we visited your new mansion, I have started practicing doing painting. I have become an expert in it now and I will be pleased if you could witness some of my beautiful executions." The king then entrusted to him the entire responsibility of painting the walls of a mansion. He instructed Ramakrishna to remove the old paintings and in its place put some of his beautiful paintings.

Ramakrishna then rubbed away all the paintings. He painted a nail in one place, a finger in another place, a hand in a third, thus he filled the whole house with his paintings and completely spoiled its look. He then went to King and said: "Sir, I have finished all my paintings"

The King taking visits the building with several people. On seeing the pictures, he said, "Ramakrishna I don’t see any beautiful paintings. I see only odd limbs and fragments."

Ramakrishna said: "You must imagine all the other portions to exist on the other side. It seems you have forgotten that obvious thing?"

On hearing Ramakrishna's reply, the king felt that the same words which he said to Ramakrishna long back was turning back to his ears. He left the place without making any comment.

Very beautiful story.. it depicts a well known wisdom.. whoever it is.. think before you speak, if you speak hastily without much thinking, it will bounce back at you one day... Good story Alwan Sir.. thank u so much... Respects Anandi

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir.. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book....

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump,' said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said..

'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the Gold Street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

Sometimes, we wonder why friends keep forwarding stuff to us without writing a word. Maybe this will explain it.

When you are very busy, but still want to keep in touch, guess what you do? You forward emails.

When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep contact, you forward jokes.

When you have something to say, but don't know what, and don't know how.... you forward stuff.

A 'forward' lets you know that you are still remembered, you are still important, you are still loved, you are still cared for.

So, next time if you get a 'forward', don't think that you've been sent just another forwarded joke, but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the other end of your computer wanted to send you a smile.

THE SECOND CHANCE

It was 25th January 2011. Nisha was waiting for her husband Akshaye. It was their marriage anniversary. Things have got changed since their marriage. From the cute couple they turned into a fighting one. The quarrel everyday on every small thing. Nisha gave up thinking that Akshaye must have forgotten their anniversary and surely won't be back home on time.

Akshaye too didn't like how the things were going. She so loved, so caring before marriage how everything got changed so radically. Yet they still love each other.

It was 4:00 p.m . The bell rang. Nisha was surprisingly happy.. Akshaye finally remembered. She ran to open the door. Indeed Akshaye was standing outside. He was smiling and had a bunch of flowers at his hand. The two then started reliving their beautiful days,making up for their quarrels.There were champagne,light music and it was raining a little outside..Overall the weather too seemed to get romantic along with them.

But the moment came to a slight pause.. The phone in the bedroom was ringing.. Quite agitated Nisha went to pick up the phone. It was a man on the other side.."Hello madam I am calling from the police station.Is it Mr Akshaye Malhotra's number???"

"Yeah, it is"

There was an accident and a Man. died. We got your number from the man's purse.We need you to come here and identify the body.."

Nisha's heart sank. "Whhhhaaat?? B-but my husband is here with me"

"Sorry madam the accident took place at 3:00 p.m when the man was trying to board a bus".

Nisha was about to lose her senses. How could this happen? She knew this type of things. She had heard about this. The soul of the person comes to meet you before it parts..She ran to the drawing room... Akshaye was not there. It is true? Has something that bad really happened to Akshaye??? Has he left her forever?? Oh God.had she been given another chance .she would have mended all her faults. She rolled down on the floor awe struck.

Suddenly there was noise from the bathroom.. Akshaye came out." I forgot to tell u dear my purse was stolen while I was returning home."

Life might not give u a second chance...So never waste a moment when u can make up for your deeds.

THE SECOND CHANCE

It was 25th January 2011. Nisha was waiting for her husband Akshaye. It was their marriage anniversary. Things have got changed since their marriage. From the cute couple they turned into a fighting one. The quarrel everyday on every small thing. Nisha gave up thinking that Akshaye must have forgotten their anniversary and surely won't be back home on time.

Akshaye too didn't like how the things were going. She so loved, so caring before marriage how everything got changed so radically. Yet they still love each other.

It was 4:00 p.m . The bell rang. Nisha was surprisingly happy.. Akshaye finally remembered. She ran to open the door. Indeed Akshaye was standing outside. He was smiling and had a bunch of flowers at his hand. The two then started reliving their beautiful days,making up for their quarrels.There were champagne,light music and it was raining a little outside..Overall the weather too seemed to get romantic along with them.

But the moment came to a slight pause.. The phone in the bedroom was ringing.. Quite agitated Nisha went to pick up the phone. It was a man on the other side.."Hello madam I am calling from the police station.Is it Mr Akshaye Malhotra's number???"

"Yeah, it is"

There was an accident and a Man. died. We got your number from the man's purse.We need you to come here and identify the body.."

Nisha's heart sank. "Whhhhaaat?? B-but my husband is here with me"

"Sorry madam the accident took place at 3:00 p.m when the man was trying to board a bus".

Nisha was about to lose her senses. How could this happen? She knew this type of things. She had heard about this. The soul of the person comes to meet you before it parts..She ran to the drawing room... Akshaye was not there. It is true? Has something that bad really happened to Akshaye??? Has he left her forever?? Oh God.had she been given another chance .she would have mended all her faults. She rolled down on the floor awe struck.

Suddenly there was noise from the bathroom.. Akshaye came out." I forgot to tell u dear my purse was stolen while I was returning home."

Life might not give u a second chance...So never waste a moment when u can make up for your deeds.

Dear Ravi Bhai..
My hearty welcome to you. A Wonderful/meaningful story, you have shared with all. Thank u so much... Navaratri begins tomorrow, let me take the privilege in wishing you and all other friends of Tamil forum; A Happy Navaratri and Ma Durga Bless all of us with peace, happiness and prosperity... This is my prayer to Goddess on behalf of all of us...Anandi

Dear Ravi Bhai..
My hearty welcome to you. A Wonderful/meaningful story, you have shared with all. Thank u so much... Navaratri begins tomorrow, let me take the privilege in wishing you and all other friends of Tamil forum; A Happy Navaratri and Ma Durga Bless all of us with peace, happiness and prosperity... This is my prayer to Goddess on behalf of all of us...Anandi

Thank you dear Sister Anandi...

Happy Navaraatri to you and to all the members here.

தேவியர் மூவருக்கும்
தலா மூன்று ராத்திரிகள்
நம்மெல்லோருக்கும்
நவராத்திரி!

இனிய நவராத்திரி வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

Sometimes, we wonder why friends keep forwarding stuff to us without writing a word. Maybe this will explain it.

When you are very busy, but still want to keep in touch, guess what you do? You forward emails.

When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep contact, you forward jokes.

When you have something to say, but don't know what, and don't know how.... you forward stuff.

A 'forward' lets you know that you are still remembered, you are still important, you are still loved, you are still cared for.

So, next time if you get a 'forward', don't think that you've been sent just another forwarded joke, but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the other end of your computer wanted to send you a smile.

Dear Siva Sir... Marvelous, fantastic, superb... keep posting... Thank u so much.. warm regards. Anandi

Cure for Sorrow

There is an old Chinese tale about a woman whose only son died. In
her grief, she went to the holy man and said, "What prayers, what
magical incantations do you have to bring my son back to life?"
Instead of sending her away or reasoning with her, he said to her,
"Fetch me a mustard seed from a home that has never known sorrow.
We will use it to drive the sorrow out of your life." The woman went off
at once in search of that magical mustard seed.
She came first to a splendid mansion, knocked at the door, and said,
"I am looking for a home that has never known sorrow. Is this a
place? It is very important to me."
They told her, "You've certainly come to the wrong place," and began
to describe all the tragic things that recently had befallen them.
The woman said to herself, "Who is better able to help these poor,
unfortunate people that I, who have had misfortune of my own?" She
stayed to comfort them, and then went on in search of a home that
had never known sorrow. But wherever she turned, in hovels and in
other places, she found one tale after another of sadness and
misfortune. She became so involved in ministering to other people's
grief that ultimately she forgot about her quest for the magical
mustard seed, never realizing that it had, in fact, driven the sorrow out
of her life.

Ears
"Can I see my baby?" the happy new mother asked. When the
bundle was nestled in her arms and she moved the fold of cloth
to look upon his tiny face, she gasped. The doctor turned
quickly and looked out the tall hospital window. The baby had
been born without ears. Time proved that the baby's hearing
was perfect. It was only his appearance that was marred.
When he rushed home from school one day and flung himself
into his mother's arms, she sighed, knowing that his life was to
be a succession of heartbreaks.
He blurted out the tragedy. "A boy, a big boy ... called me a
freak."
He grew up, handsome for his misfortune. A favourite with his
fellow students, he might have been class president, but for
that. He developed a gift, a talent for literature and music. "But
you might mingle with other young people," his mother reproved
him, but felt a kindness in her heart.
The boy's father had a session with the family physician. Could
nothing be done? "I believe I could graft on a pair of outer ears,
if they could be procured," the doctor decided.
Then the search began for a person who would make such a
sacrifice for a young man. Two years went by. Then, "You are
going to the hospital, Son. Mother and I have someone who will
donate the ears you need. But it's a secret," said the father.
The operation was a brilliant success, and a new person
emerged. His talents blossomed into genius, and school and
college became a series of triumphs. Later he married and
entered the diplomatic service. "But I must know!" He urged his
father, "Who gave so much for me? I could never do enough for
him." "I do not believe you could," said the father, "but the
agreement was that you are not to know, not yet."
The years kept their profound secret, but the day did come ...
one of the darkest days that a son must endure. He stood with
his father over his mother's casket. Slowly, tenderly, the father
stretched forth a hand and raised the thick, reddish-brown hair
to reveal that the mother -- had no outer ears.
"Mother said she was glad she never let her hair be cut," he
“Wisdom Pearls” 34
whispered gently, "and nobody ever thought Mother less
beautiful, did they?" Real beauty lies not in the physical
appearance, but in the heart. Real treasure lies not in what that
can be seen; but what, that cannot be seen.
Real love lies not in what is done and known, but in what
that is done but not known.

UExistence of God
A woman received a phone call that her daughter was very sick with
fever. She left work and stopped by the pharmacy for some
medication for her daughter. When returning to her car to find she
had locked her keys inside.
She had to get home to her sick daughter, and didn't know what to
do. She called her home to talk to the baby sitter, and was told her
daughter was getting worse. The sitter said, "You might find a coat
hanger and use that to open the door."
The woman found an old rusty coat hanger on the ground, as if
someone else had locked their keys in their car. Then she looked at
the hanger and said, “I don't know how to use this."
She bowed her head and asked God for help. An old rusty car pulled
up, driven by a dirty, greasy, bearded man with a biker skull rag on
his head. The woman thought, "Great God. This is what you sent to
help me???" But she was desperate, and thankful.
The man got out of his car and asked if he could help. She said, "Yes,
my daughter is very sick. I must get home to her.
Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?
He said, "SURE." He walked over to the car and in seconds the car
was opened.
She hugged the man and through her tears she said,” THANK YOU
SO MUCH...You are a very nice man."
The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison
for car theft."

The woman hugged the man again and cried out loud....
THANK YOU GOD FOR SENDING ME A PROFESSIONAL!" GOD I
love you and I need you. Thank you for living in my heart.

Ref.: Post 120

Nice story to underline the need for and the presence of God.

Talking of locking the car with the keys inside… I have got this experience twice. It is quite stressful.

For Daddy

Some time ago a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for wasting a
roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he
became even more upset when the child pasted the gold paper so as
to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the
little girl brought the gift box to her father the next morning and said,
"This is for you, Daddy."
The father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger
flared again when he found the box was empty. He spoke to her in a
harsh manner, "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone
a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?"
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh,
Daddy, it's not empty - I blew kisses into it until it was full." The father
was crushed. He fell to his knees and put his arms around his little
girl, and he begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.
An accident took the life of this child only a short time later and it is
told that the father kept that gold box by his bed for all the years of his
life. And whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he
would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the
love of the child who had put it there.
In a very real sense, each of us as human beings have been
given a golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from
our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious
possession anyone could hold.

Desire
An emperor was coming out of his palace for his morning walk when
he met a beggar. He asked the beggar, "What do you want?"
The beggar laughed and said, "You are asking me as though you can
fulfil my desire!"
The king was offended. He said, "Of course I can fulfil your desire.
What is it? Just tell me."
And the beggar said, "Think twice before you promise anything."
The beggar was no ordinary beggar; he was the emperor’s past life
master. He had promised in that life, "I will come and try to wake you
in your next life. This life you have missed but I will come again." But
the king had forgotten completely -- who remembers past lives? So
he insisted, "I will fulfil anything you ask. I am a very powerful
emperor, what can you possibly desire that I can not give to you?"
The beggar said, "It is a very simple desire. You see this begging
bowl? Can you fill it with something?"
The emperor said, "Of course!" He called one of his viziers and told
him, "Fill this mans begging bowl with money." The vizier went and
got some money and poured it into the bowl, and it disappeared. And
he poured more and more, and the moment he would pour it, it would
disappear. And the begging bowl remained always empty.
The whole palace gathered. By and by the rumour went throughout
the whole capital, and a huge crowd gathered. The prestige of the
emperor was at stake. He said to his viziers, "If the whole kingdom is
lost, I am ready to lose it, but I cannot be defeated by this beggar."
Diamonds and pearls and emeralds, his treasuries were becoming
empty. The begging bowl seemed to be bottomless. Everything that
was put into it -- everything! -- Immediately disappeared, went out of
existence. Finally it was the evening, and the people were standing
there in utter silence. The king dropped at the feet of the beggar and
admitted his defeat. He said, "Just tell me one thing. You are
victorious - but before you leave, just fulfil my curiosity. What is the
begging bowl made of?"
The beggar laughed and said, "It is made up of the human mind.
There is no secret. It is simple made up of human desire."

This understanding transforms life. Go into one desire -- what is the
mechanism of it? First there is a great excitement, great thrill, and
adventure. You feel a great kick. Something is going to happen; you
are on the verge of it. And then you have the car, you have the yacht,
you have the house, and suddenly all is meaningless again.
What happens? Your mind has dematerialised it. The car is standing
in the drive, but there is no excitement anymore. The excitement was
only in getting it. You became so drunk with the desire that you forgot
your inner nothingness. Now the desire is fulfilled, the car in the drive,
the money in your bank account - again excitement disappears; again
the emptiness is there, ready to eat you up. Again you have to create
another desire to escape this yawning abyss.
That is how one moves from one desire to another desire. That's how
one remains a beggar. Your whole life proves it again and again --
every desire frustrates. And when the goal is achieved, you will need
another desire. The day you understand that desire as such is going
to fail comes the turning point in your life.

The other journey is inwards. Move inwards; come back home.

sending this very nice parable

[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

The parable is worth sharing… But have you ever seen a baby porcupine?

I would pass
it along just for this!
download

download

download

Fable of the porcupine
It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions. After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the warmth that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

Moral of the story: The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

[/FONT]

[h=1]Pundit's Mother Tongue[/h] There was this eminent Pundit who was very knowledgeable and proficient in many languages. His reputation was well known in many states. Once, he decided to visit King Akbar’s court where he claimed that he could answer any question in any language. Courtiers tried checking his knowledge and asked many questions in diverse languages but Pundit proved to be too good. He answered each and every question accurately. Everyone was impressed by his knowledge. Pundit also threw an open challenge to the Emperor that by tomorrow, your expert courtiers should be able to disclose my mother tongue else I will assume that I am superior to all of your courtiers.

All the courtiers started to ask different questions to identify Pundit’s mother tongue but none of them succeeded. When everyone failed, King turned to Birbal and asked him to tackle this challenge. Birbal thought for a while and then asked for some time till the next morning. King accepted his requested and the court was adjourned till next morning.

The same night when the Pundit was fast asleep, Birbal went silently to his house and entered his bedroom. Funnily, Birbal tickled Pundit’s ear with a dry grass. Pundit’s sleep was disturbed for a while but he turned to the other side and slept again. Birbal tickled his ear again and this time Pundit woke up in anger as his sleep was disturbed. He screamed loudly, “Yevvurura Adi” meaning “Who is that”. He saw here and there but found no one so he went off to sleep again. Birbal, who was hiding, came out of the house unnoticed.

The Darbar assembled again next morning and Pundit also came soon afterwards. Pundit kept talking in different languages but no one could figure out his mother tongue. Finally Birbal broke his silence and said, ‘Telegu’ is the mother tongue of the pundit. The court sat still and the Pundit was stunned. He could not figure out how Birbal came to know about his mother tongue and accepted his defeat and left the Darbar.

King was curious and asked Birbal how he managed to find out. Birbal explained that usually a person always talks in his mother tongue while he is in distress and narrated the last night story. Akbar felt very proud of Birbal for his wisdom and quick thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back