• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wisdom Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emperor Akbar was narrating a dream. The dream began with Akbar and Birbal walking towards each other on a moonless night. It was so dark that they could not see each other - and they collided, and fell.
"Fortunately for me," said the Emperor. "I fell into a pool of payasam. But guess what Birbal fell into?"
"What, your Majesty?" asked the courtiers.
"A gutter!"
The court resounded with laughter. The emperor was thrilled that for once he had been able to score over Birbal. But Birbal was unperturbed.
"Your Majesty," he said when the laughter had died down. "Strangely, I too had the same dream. But unlike you I slept on till the end. When you climbed out of that pool of delicious payasam and I, out of that stinking gutter we found that there was no water with which to clean ourselves and so guess what we did?
"What?" asked the emperor, warily.
"We licked each other clean!"
The emperor became red with embarrassment and resolved never to try to get the better of Birbal again.
Alwan

One truck driver was doing his usual load delivery at a mental hospital, by parking his vehicle beside an open drain. He discovered a flat tyre when he was about to return from the mental hospital.He jacked up the truck and removed the flat tyre to fix the spare tyre.

When he was about to fix the spare tyre, he accidentally dropped all the 4 bolts in the open drain. As he cannot fish the bolts in the open drain, he started to panic as to what should be done?
Just then, one patient happened to walk past him and asked the driver as to why he was looking troubled. The driver thought to himself, since there is nothing much he can do or this mental joker can.Just to keep the bugging away, the truck driver informed the whole episode to the mental patient and gave a helpless look.
The patient just laughed at the truck driver and said you just cannot even fix such a simple problem? "No wonder you are destined to remain a truck driver for life".
The truck driver was astonished to hear such a compliment from a mental guy. "Here is what you can do" said the mental guy... "take one bolt from each of the remaining 3 tyres / wheels and fix it on to this tyre. Then drive down to the nearest workshop and replace the missing ones. Isn't it simple my friend".
The truck driver was so impressed with this quick fix answer and asked the patient "How come you are so smart and intelligent and you are here at the mental hospital?"
The patient replied "Hello friend! I stay here because I am crazy but not stupid".

No wonder, there are some people, who behave like the Truck Driver, thinking that others are just stupid. So, guys, though you all are learned and wise, but, just watch out, there could be some CRAZY guys in our professional / personal lives, who could give us lot of quick fixes and brush our wisdom.
Moral of the story :
Just do not conclude that you know everything and do not judge people by mere looks/ attire stature or academic background!

We are what we believe we are....

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $ 500 Note. In the room
of 200, he asked, "who would like this $ 500?' Hands started going up. He said, "I am
going to give this note to one of you, but first let me do this.'
He proceeded to crumple the note up. He then asked, 'who still wants it?' Still, the
hands were up in the air. 'Well,' he replied. 'What if I do this’? And the dropped it on the
ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up now, all
crumpled and dirty.
'Now who still wants it?' Still the hands went into the air. "My friends, you all learned
a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because
it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $ 500"
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled and ground into the dirt by the
decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we
are worthless.
But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never Loose your
value.

"Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams". "We are
what we believe we are".

It was winter. The ponds were all frozen. At the court, Akbar asked Birbal, "Tell me Birbal! Will a man do anything for money?" Birbal replied, 'Yes'. The emperor ordered him to prove it.
The next day Birbal came to the court along with a poor brahmin who merely had a penny left with him. His family was starving. Birbal told the king that the brahmin was ready to do anything for the sake of money. The king ordered the brahmin to be inside the frozen pond all through the night without any attire if he needed money. The poor brahmin had no choice. The whole night he was inside the pond, shivering. He returned to the durbar the next day to receive his reward.
The king asked "Tell me Oh poor brahmin! How could you withstand the extreme temperature all through the night?" The innocent brahmin replied "I could see a faintly glowing light a kilometre away and I withstood with that ray of light." Akbar refused to pay the brahmin his reward saying that he had got warmth from the light and withstood the cold and that was cheating. The poor brahmin could not argue with him and so returned disappointed and bare-handed.
Birbal tried to explain to the king but the king was in no mood to listen to him. Thereafter, Birbal stopped coming to the durbar and sent a messenger to the king saying that he would come to the court only after cooking his khichdi.
As Birbal did not turn up even after 5 days, the king himself went to Birbal's house to see what he was doing. Birbal had lit the fire and kept the pot of uncooked khichdi one metre away from it. Akbar questioned him "How will the khichdi get cooked with the fire one metre away? What is wrong with you Birbal?"
Birbal replied "Oh my great King of Hindustan! When it was possible for a person to receive warmth from a light that was a kilometre away, then it is possible for this khichdi, which is just a metre away from the source of heat, to get cooked." Akbar understood his mistake. He called the poor brahmin and rewarded him 2000 gold coins.
Alwan

Truly admirable... what do you say?????:clap2:

TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING
THROUGH THE DESERT.
DURING SOME POINT
OF THE JOURNEY,
THEY HAD AN ARGUMENT;
AND ONE FRIEND SLAPPED
THE OTHER ONE IN THE FACE.
THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED
WAS HURT,
BUT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING,
WROTE IN THE SAND:
TODAY
MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME
IN THE FACE.
THEY KEPT ON WALKING,
UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,
WHERE THEY DECIDED
TO TAKE A BATH.
THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN SLAPPED
GOT STUCK IN THE MIRE
AND STARTED DROWNING,
BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.
AFTER HE RECOVERED
FROM THE NEAR DROWNING,
HE WROTE ON A STONE:
"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE".

THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED AND
SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND
ASKED HIM,
"AFTER I HURT YOU, YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW, YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?"
THE FRIEND REPLIED
"WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN IN SAND,
WHERE WINDS OF FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY.
BUT,
WHEN SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING GOOD FOR US,
WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE WHERE NO WIND CAN EVER ERASE IT."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND
TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

(THEY SAY
IT TAKES A MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL PERSON,
AN HOUR TO APPRECIATE THEM,
A DAY TO LOVE THEM,
BUT THEN AN ENTIRE LIFE TO FORGET THEM)

Eskimos.....No Problem.......Shortstory

Eskimos who live in poles always lead a life of happiness and they never say there is a problem in their life.Feeling jealous of this, the people living in nearby towns pledged to make an eskimo say he has a problem. They kidnapped an eskimo and tied his eyes with black cloth and took him to a steep hill and at the peak removed the black cloth.

When the eskimo tried to find out where he was standing he could find a deep valley in front of him and found himself at the tip of the deadly point. People behind him then asked him if he is now in a problem but the eskimo said no. They then told him if he is prepared to accept there is a problem they will release him failing which they will push him into the deep valley and he had no chance of survival.

The eskimo again replied that he had no problem . When they asked how he could say this when his life is at danger, the eskimo replied "if i am pushed into the valley i am going to die and i will have no problem. If you change your decision and leave me free , i will be back to my place and i will have no problem"

The villagers found the reality of life and let him go

I wish you an Eskimo life for you which means a no problem life

Once there was a complaint at King Akbar's court. There were two neighbours who shared their garden. In that garden, there was a well that was possessed by Iqbal khan. His neighbour, who was a farmer wanted to buy the well for irrigation purpose. Therefore they signed an agreement between them, after which the farmer owned the well. Even after selling the well to the farmer, Iqbal continued to fetch water from the well. Angered by this, the farmer had come to get justice from King Akbar. King Akbar asked Iqbal the reason for fetching water from the well even after selling it to the farmer. Iqbal replied
that he had sold only the well to the farmer but not the water inside it. King Akbar wanted Raja Birbal who was present in the court listening to the problem to solve the dispute. Birbal came forward and gave a solution. He said " Iqbal, You say that you have sold only the well to the farmer. And you claim that the water is yours. Then how come you can keep your water inside another person's well without paying rent?" Iqbal's trickery was countered thus in a tricky way. The farmer got justice and Birbal was fairly rewarded.
Alwan

DEAL WITH STRESS- THE POWER OF 9

A CLASS TEACHER ONCE DREW THE ATTENTION OF HIS SCIENCE CLASS TOWARDS A GLASS FULL OF WATER. HE ASKED THE CLASS TO GUESS THE WEIGHT OF THE GLASS. SOME ONE SAID 200ml AND SOME ONE SAID 500ml AND SO ON. THE TEACHER NOW LIFTED THE GLASS HIGH IN AIR AT AN ANGLE OF 180DEGREES AND ASKED THE CLASS AS IF HE CAN HOLD THE GLASS FOR HOW LONG. AGAIN THE SURMISES BEGIN RANGING FROM 2MINS TO 2HRS DEPENDING ON THE STRENGTH OF THE TEACHER. AND THE NEXT QUESTION WAS, “WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER 15MINS?” ONE STUDENT SAID THAT THE HAND WILL START PAINING MILDLY. “AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER 1HR?” THE TEACHER ASKED. THE CLASS REPLIED THAT THE HAND WILL STRAIN AND CAN LEAD TO LEUKEMIA TOO. BUT RIGHT THEN THE TEACHER PUT DOWN THEW GLASS AND ASKED THE RESULT. “YOUR HAND WILL COME TO NORMAL POSITION AFTER FEW SECONDS” THE CLASS SAID IN UNANIMITY. NOW TEACHER EXPLAINED THAT THE GLASS IS NOTHING BUT OUR MIND AND WATER IS LIKE WORRIES. WE KEEP CARRYING THEM TILL THE TIME THEY LEAD US TO DISASTER. AND ONCE WE PUT THEM DOWN, WE ARE BACK IN HEALTH. SO WHY CARRY THE BURDEN OF YOUR WORRIES FROM HERE TO THERE.

IT IS, PRACTICALLY, IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID STRESS IN TODAY’S FAST CHANGING WORLD AND THE REASONS COULD BE DIFFERENT. ONE MIGHT HAVE GOT A SCOLDING FROM THE BOSS OR THE TEACHER, OR ONE MIGHT HAD A FIGHT WITH A FRIEND OR A LOVED ONE. ONE MIGHT BE UNABLE TO COMPLETE A TASK OR MIGHT BE SEARCHING FOR A TASK TO COMPLETE (UNEMPLOYED)… THE REASONS COULD BE DIFFERENT BUT ONE THING IS SURE THAT EVERYONE IS STRESSED IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS/HER BIOLOGICAL STATE.

HOWEVER ALL STRESS IS NOT BAD SO NO NEED TO AVOID IT EITHER. THERE IS GOOD STRESS ALSO KNOWN AS “EU STRESS” WHICH HELPS INDIRECTLY. STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT ONE PERFORMS BEST UNDER STRESS. THE PRESSURE TO REACH THE DEADLINES MAKE PEOPLE PERFORM. BUT IT IS HELPFUL ONLY IN SHORT TERM. THUS ONE MUST ALWAYS TRY TO AVOID STRESS AND IF NOT POSSIBLE, DIRECT IT TO POSITIVE SIDE…

SO HERE ARE SOME OF THE TIPS WHICH ARE PRACTICAL, DOES NOT CONSUME MUCH OF YOUR TIME AND MAY HELP YOU NOT ONLY OVERCOME STRESS BUT ALSO AVOID IT IN FUTURE.TRY THEM…

1. TALK: WHENEVER STRESSED, TALK TO SOME ONE WHO CAN LISTEN TO YOU, MAY BE YOUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR MOM, ETC.
2. TAKE DEEP BREATHS: SOUNDS CLIQUE BUT IT WORKS.. TRY IT WHENEVER YOU ARE IN STRESS.
3. EAT, SLEEP, EXERCISE: IT’S THE GURU MANTRA, THE PANACEA.. ALL THREE IN BALANCE AND STRESS CANNOT EVEN TOUCH YOU..
4. SMILE: IT COVERS A MILE.
5. RECOGNIZE YOUR POTENTIAL: LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF; AFTER ALL YOU ARE THE BEST.
6. PURSUE YOUR HOBBY: DON’T BE AFRAID TO PURSUE YOUR HOBBIES AT ANY AGE, AFTER ALL WHO CARES.
7. MAINTAIN A DIARY: WHEN NO ONE IS THERE TO LISTEN, POUR OUT YOURSELF ON A PIECE OF PAPER. YOU WILL FEEL LIGHTER.
8. TAKE BREAKS: IT MISGUIDES THE STRESS. IT COMES IN INSTALLMENTS AND YOU CAN DEAL WITH IT.
9. LISTEN: VERY HARD TO PRACTICE BUT HELP YOU IN LONG RUN.

WELL, THESE ARE SOME OF THE GOLDEN RULES TO DEAL WITH STRESS, CALL THEM “THE POWER OF 9”.

AND YES, START WORKING NOW BECAUSE,

What do you think I am doing right now...????

Once a fisherman was sitting near seashore, under the shadow of a tree smoking his CIGAR. Suddenly a rich businessman passing by approached him and enquired as to why he was sitting under a tree smoking and not working. To this the poor fisherman replied that he had caught enough fishes for the day.
Hearing this the rich man got angry and said: Why don’t you catch more fishes instead of sitting in shadow wasting your time?
Fisherman asked: What would I do by catching more fishes?
Businessman: You could catch more fishes, sell them and earn more money, and buy a bigger boat.
Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could go fishing in deep waters and catch even more fishes and earn even more money.
Businessman: You could buy many boats and employ many people to work for you and earn even more money.
Businessman: You could become a rich businessman like me.
Businessman: You could then enjoy your life peacefully.
Fisherman: What do you think I’m doing right now?

You don’t need to wait for tomorrow to be happy and enjoy your life. You don’t even need to be more rich, more powerful to enjoy life. LIFE is at this moment, enjoy it fully.

As some great men have said “My riches consist not in extent of my possessions but in the fewness of my wants”.

Two mules story....
Two mules travelled regularly together with their loads, from their town to the city. The first mule, a humble beast, wore a tatty cloak, and carried sacks of oats for the miller. The second mule was an arrogant animal, who wore a fine coat with jingling bells. He carried gold and silver coins for the tax collector, and loved to brag about his responsibility and importance. Running late one day, the second mule suggested taking a short-cut, off the main road, despite his companion's warnings about the risks of taking such a dangerous route. Sure enough, before too long, thieves attacked the second mule, stealing his valuable load, and leaving him injured by the roadside.

"But why me?" moaned the stricken animal, "I am attacked and robbed while the vagabonds leave you untouched?"
"I think even in this desperate place no thief would be interested in a poor miller's slave, or my humble load!" said the first mule, "But you ventured down this dangerous track and made a show of yourself - you have only yourself to blame."

FEELINGS AND LOVE.....

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived Happiness, Sadness,
Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love.
One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all prepared
their boats and left. Love wanted to persevere until the last possible moment. When the
island was almost sinking,
Love decided to ask for help. Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,
"Richness, can you take me with you? “Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of
gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."
Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity,
please help me!" "I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat."
Vanity answered.
Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness let me go with you." "Oh....Love,
I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"
Happiness passed by Love too, but he was so happy that she did not even hear when
Love called her!
Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elder.
Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he even forgot to ask the elder his name. When
they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way. Love realizing how much he
owed the elder and asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who helped me?" "It was Time,"
Knowledge answered. "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?" Knowledge
smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because, only Time is capable of
understanding how great Love is."

Quotable quotes

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'let us pray'. We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land"

-Bishop Desmond Tutu.

MAKE YOUR CHOICE

A wonderful Story to read and apply in our lives...

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat." "Is the man of the house home?” they asked. "No", she said. "He's out." "Then we cannot come in", they replied. In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened. "Go tell them I am home and invite them in!" The woman went out and invited the men in. "We do not go into a House together," they replied. "Why is that?" she wanted to know. One of the old men explained "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, "He is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home." The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. "How nice!!” he said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!" His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?" Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion "Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!" "Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," the husband said to his wife. "Go out and invite Love to be our guest." The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest." Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?" The old men replied together "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

OUR WISH FOR YOU...

Where there is pain, we wish you peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubting, we wish you a renewed confidence in Your Ability to work through them. Where there is tiredness, or exhaustion, we wish you understanding, patience, and renewed strength. Where there is fear, we wish you love, and courage..

So, give love to all…. The Other two, Wealth and Success will also be yours forever….

Last edited:
SPECIAL OLYMPICS

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or
mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash.

At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but a relish to run the race to the
finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled
over a couple of times, and began to cry.

The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then they all
turned around and went back ... every one of them.

One girl with Down syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it
better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in
the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes.

And they call some of these people "retarded"......

People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know
this one thing what matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What
matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing
our course.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Fate Is in Your Own Hands
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]
Once upon a time, there was a general who was leading his army into battle against an enemy ten times the size of his own. Along the way to the battle field, the troops stopped by a small temple to pray for victory.

The general held up a coin and told his troops, "I am going to implore the gods to help us crush our enemy. If this coin lands with the heads on top, we'll win. If it's tails, we'll lose. Our fate is in the hands of the gods. Let's pray wholeheartedly."

After a short prayer, the general tossed the coin. It landed with the heads on top. The troops were overjoyed and went into the battle with high spirits. Just as predicted, the smaller army won the battle. The soldiers were exalted, "It's good to have the gods on our side! No one can change what they have determined."

"Really?" The general show them the coin--both sides of it were heads.

Be a winner...............Think WIN WIN.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY

One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet
and a sign that read "I am blind, please help".

A creative publicist was walking by him and stopped to observe he only had a few
coins in his hat, he dropped a few more coins in his hat and without asking for his
permission took the sign, turned it around, and wrote another announcement.
He placed the sign by his feet and left. That afternoon the creative publicist returned by
the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins. The blind man
recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had re-written his sign and he
wanted to know what did he write on it?

The publicist responded "Nothing that was not true, I just rewrote your sign
differently". He smiled and went on his way.

The blind man never knew but his new sign read “TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT
SEE IT".

Change your strategy when something does not go your way and you'll see it will
probably be for the best. Have faith that every change is best for our lives.

ATTITUDE IS A CHOICE

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, was fully dressed each morning
by eight o'clock. Her hair fashionably coiffed and makeup perfectly applied, even
though she is legally blind, she was moving to a nursing home today.

Her husband of 70 years had recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled
sweetly when told her room was ready.

As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her
tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window.

"I love it," she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been
presented with a new puppy.

"Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... Just wait."
"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied. "Happiness is something you
decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the
furniture is arranged...it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it ..."

"It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the
day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer
work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do."

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the
happy memories I've stored away ... just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account ... you withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice
to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories.

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing."

Remember the five simple rules to be happy

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less

Anandhi mam: Nice place to relax and enjoy jokes - some are old, but tastes great like idli-upma. Keep up the good work !

Anbudan,

Siva

Attitude is a choice

ATTITUDE IS A CHOICE

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the
happy memories I've stored away ... just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account ... you withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice
to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories.

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing."

Remember the five simple rules to be happy

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less

Dear Dr.Anandi,

Beautiful thoughts. I would like to add a Sixth Rule to the above:

6. Free yourself from the malady called jealousy, which has
no cure.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Anandhi mam: Nice place to relax and enjoy jokes - some are old, but tastes great like idli-upma. Keep up the good work !

Anbudan,

Siva

Thank you so much Siva Sir for those inspiring words, I will try my best, this is a service from which I too gain wisdom for myself and I am sharing the wisdom which I get from different sources. With warm regards: Anandi

Dear Dr.Anandi,

Beautiful thoughts. I would like to add a Sixth Rule to the above:

6. Free yourself from the malady called jealousy, which has
no cure.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thank you so much Brahmanyan Sir,

You are always welcome with all those inspirational thoughts which comes from your experience and knowledge.

with respects Anandi

One line wisdom,

One line wisdom,

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

6. Free yourself from the malady called jealousy, which has no cure.

Arumai. Its addictive and contagious but has no cure. BTW, Brahmanyan is a unique name. BrahmanargaLai Anniyamaai paarkum ulagil oru Brahmanyan !

Arumai. Its addictive and contagious but has no cure. BTW, Brahmanyan is a unique name. BrahmanargaLai Anniyamaai paarkum ulagil oru Brahmanyan !

Dear Sri Siva,

Delighted to read your comments. I have adopted Brahmanyan from my real name
Bala su brahmanyan, (பால சு ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்) christened by my parents. I am an Octogenarian, and I have never been treated by any one different either in our country or abroad because I am born in a Brahmin family.

As my name Ananthanarayan Balasubramanian given in my Passport could not be pronounced
easily by many people outside India, I have faced funny situations while traveling in Europe and Arabian Countries. Early this year (April) while passing immigration at Dubai Airport the Arab Assistant could not pronounce my name, instead asked me to read my full name and convinced I am the real holder of the long Name!

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

PRAISE THE LORD

There was a little old lady who would come out on the steps of her front porch every
morning, raise her arms to the sky and shout, "Praise the Lord."

One day, an atheist moved into the house next door. Over time he became irritated
with the little old lady, so every morning he would step out onto his front porch and
yell after her, "There is no Lord."

Time passes, with the two of them carrying on this way every day.

One morning, in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped onto her front porch
and shouted, "Praise the Lord! Lord, I have no food and I am starving. Please provide
for me, oh Lord."

The next morning she stepped onto her porch and there were two huge bags of
groceries sitting there.

"Praise the Lord," she cried out. "He has provided groceries for me."

The atheist jumped out of the hedges and shouted, "There is no Lord; I bought those
groceries."

The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted, Praise the Lord; He has
provided me with groceries, and he made the devil pay for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back