• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wisdom Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anandi, Your boss may like you, but what about the result . You are paid for
producing results and not for pleasing the boss.

Going back to the oil in the spoon anecdote, this is normally quoted as an example
of total concentration - oil should not spill out.

Dear Ranganathan Sir, first and foremost let me apologize that I had posted the article twice by mistake. coming to your point, you are right... how long one can satisfy the boss in a fake identity... any day if you won't perform well, that will be noticed by all, the entire workplace will come to know... Sir, we have to take the essence of the story in the context of a starter as his/her survival policy in the beginning of the career. That will be fine, if one gets a good start then it is up to them to come up with their capabilities/efforts and hard work to produce the results... That will be fair enough..Right???

[h=3]A chance to Start over
[/h][h=2]
It was a cold December night in West Orange, New Jersey. Thomas Edison's factory was humming with activity. Work was proceeding on a variety of fronts as the great inventor was trying to turn more of his dreams into practical realities. Edison's plant, made of concrete and steel, was deemed "fireproof". As you may have already guessed, it wasn't!
[/h]
On that frigid night in 1914, the sky was lit up by a sensational blaze that had burst through the plant roof. Edison's 24-year-old son, Charles, made a frenzied search for his famous inventor-father. When he finally found him, he was watching the fire. His white hair was blowing in the wind. His face was illuminated by the leaping flames. "My heart ached for him," said Charles. "Here he was, 67 years old, and everything he had worked for was going up in flames. When he saw me, he shouted, 'Charles! Where's your mother?' When I told him I didn't know, he said, 'Find her! Bring her here! She'll never see anything like this as long as she lives.'"

Next morning, Mr. Edison looked at the ruins of his factory and said this of his loss: "There's value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God, we can start anew."

What a wonderful perspective on things that seem at first to be so disastrous. A business failure, divorce, personal dream gone sour . . . whether these things destroy an individual depends largely on the attitude he or she takes toward them. Sort out why it happened, and learn something from the blunders. Think of different approaches that can be taken.

Anandi,

This is taking things as they are and as they come. Remain calm in the face of
adversity.

More than that , in tamil, sOdhanaiyai sAdhanaiyaha maarrikolvathu.

The Mind and the Stormy Ocean

Swamiananda, and his disciple Ranga, were strolling on the beach by the ocean. It was a cold day and the wind was blowing strongly over the ocean, raising very high waves.
After walking for some time, Swamiananda stopped, looked at his disciple and asked:
"What does the choppy ocean remind you?"

"It reminds me of my mind. Of my rushing and restless thoughts", answered Ranga.
"Yes, the stormy ocean is like the mind, and the waves are the thoughts. The mind is neutral like the water. It is neither good, nor bad. The wind is causing the waves, as desires and fears produce thoughts", said Swamiananda.
"I wouldn't want to be on a boat, in the middle of the ocean, in a storm like this", said Ranga.
"You are there all the time." Responded Swamiananda and continued, "Most people are on a rudderless boat in the middle of a choppy ocean, even if they do not realize it. The mind of most people is very restless. Thoughts of all kinds come and go incessantly, agitating the mind like the ocean's waves."
"Yes", Ranga interrupted him, "You don't have to tell me. This is the reason I am with you. I want to calm down the waves of my mind."
Swamiananda looked at Ranga for a while, smiled and said:
"You don't calm the ocean by holding the water and not letting it move. What is necessary is to stop the wind. The wind is made of your thoughts, desires and fears. Don't let them rule your life. Learn to control them by controlling your attention, and then the ocean of your mind becomes calm."

"And how do I do that?"
"Suppose it is possible for the ocean to disregard the wind, what would happen then?" asked Swamiananda.
"The waves would cease. However, no one can stop the wind."
Swamiananda looked at him with a mysterious smile and said:
"Why not? The wind, the ocean, and thoughts are all within the mind. When you can control the mind, you can control everything within it. But first you have to control your mind, which means you have to control your attention."

"Yes master", said Ranga, " this is what I am trying to do. You say whoever controls his mind can also control the wind. Can you do that?"
"First learn to calm down the ocean of your mind, and then find out if you can calm down the ocean. It is better to learn to control the mind, than enjoying mental tricks. When you calm your mind, you can calm down everything."

[h=6]LIVING HAPPILY

A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large celebration. All of
their friends and family came to see the lovely ceremony and to partake of
the festivities and celebrations. A wonderful time was had by all.

The bride was gorgeous in her white wedding gown and the groom was very
dashing in his black tuxedo. Everyone could tell that the love they had for
each other was true.

A few months later, the wife comes to the husband with a proposal: “I read
in a magazine, a while ago, about how we can strengthen our marriage.” she
offered.

“Each of us will write a list of the things that we find a bit annoying with
the other person. Then, we can talk about how we can fix them together and
make our lives happier together.”

The husband agreed. So each of them went to a separate room in the house and
thought of the things that annoyed them about the other. They thought about
this question for the rest of the day and wrote down what they came up with.

The next morning, at the breakfast table, they decided that they would go
over their lists.

“I’ll start,” offered the wife. She took out her list. It had many items on
it. Enough to fill 3 pages, in fact. As she started reading the list of the
little annoyances, she noticed that tears were starting to appear in her
husbands eyes.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Nothing” the husband replied, “keep reading your
list.”

The wife continued to read until she had read all three pages to her
husband. She neatly placed her list on the table and folded her hands over
top of it.

“Now, you read your list and then we’ll talk about the things on both of our
lists.” She said happily.

Quietly the husband stated, “I don’t have anything on my list. I think that
you are perfect the way that you are. I don’t want you to change anything
for me. You are lovely and wonderful and I wouldn’t want to try and change
anything about you.”

The wife, touched by his honesty and the depth of his love for her and his
acceptance of her, turned her head and wept.

"IN LIFE, there are enough times when we are disappointed, depressed and
annoyed. We don’t really have to go looking for them.We have a wonderful world that is full of beauty, light and promise.Why waste time in this world looking for the bad, disappointing or annoying things when we can look around us, and see the wondrous things before us?
I believe that WE ARE HAPPIEST WHEN we see and praise the good and try our
best to fore go the mistakes of our spouse Nobody’s perfect but we can find
perfection in them to change the way we see them. It is necessary to
understand the difficulties and be a helping hand to each other….THAT
BRIGHTENS THE RELATIONSHIP
[/h]

[h=6]once a man and woman
There was once a man and woman who had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about. For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, ...but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted doilies and a stack of money totaling $25,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "My grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doily." The little old man was so moved, he had to fight back tears. Only two precious doilies were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness. "Honey," he said, "that explains the doilies, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?" "Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the doilies."

"The one who understands does not speak; the one who speaks does not understand And, love needs no language....":))
[/h]

This is a story about a famous research scientist who had made several very important medical breakthroughs. He was being interviewed by a newspaper reporter who asked him why he thought he was able to be so much more creative than the average person. What set him so far apart from others ?

He responded that, in his opinion, it all came from an experience with his mother that occurred when he was about two years old. He had been trying to remove a bottle of milk from the refrigerator when he lost his grip on the slippery bottle and it fell, spilling its contents all over the kitchen floor — a veritable sea of milk !

When his mother came into the kitchen, instead of yelling at him, giving him a lecture, or punishing him, she said, “Robert, I have rarely seen such a huge puddle of milk. Well, the damage has already been done. Would you like to get down and play in the milk for a few minutes before we clean it up ?” Indeed, he did. After a few minutes, his mother said, “You know, Robert, whenever you make a mess like this, eventually you have to clean it up and restore everything to its proper order. So, how would you like to do that ? We could use a sponge, a towel, or a mop. Which do you prefer ?”
He chose the sponge and together they cleaned up the spilled milk.

His mother then said, “You know, what we have here is a failed experiment in how to effectively carry a big milk bottle with two tiny hands. Let’s go out in the back yard and fill the bottle with water and see if you can discover a way to carry it without dropping it.” The little boy learned that if he grasped the bottle at the top near the neck with both hands, he could carry it without dropping it.

What a wonderful lesson ! This renowned scientist then remarked that it was at that moment that he knew he didn’t need to be afraid to make mistakes. Instead, he learned that mistakes were just opportunities for learning something new, which is, after all, what scientific experiments are all about.

Even if the experiment “doesn’t work,” we usually learn something valuable from it. Make mistakes, you learn from them . . . . but never repeat mistakes! :)

[h=2]The house with the golden windowshttp://academictips.org/blogs/the-house-with-the-golden-windows/
[/h]http://academictips.org/blogs/category/moral-stories/

The little girl lived in a small, very simple, poor house on a hill and as she grew she would play in the small garden and as she grew she was able to see over the garden fence and across the valley to a wonderful house high on the hill – and this house had golden windows, so golden and shining that the little girl would dream of how magic it would be to grow up and live in a house with golden windows instead of an ordinary house like hers.
And although she loved her parents and her family, she yearned to live in such a golden house and dreamed all day about how wonderful and exciting it must feel to live there.
When she got to an age where she gained enough skill and sensibility to go outside her garden fence, she asked her mother is she could go for a bike ride outside the gate and down the lane. After pleading with her, her mother finally allowed her to go, insisting that she kept close to the house and didn’t wander too far. The day was beautiful and the little girl knew exactly where she was heading! Down the lane and across the valley, she rode her bike until she got to the gate of the golden house across on the other hill.
As she dismounted her bike and lent it against the gate post, she focused on the path that lead to the house and then on the house itself…and was so disappointed as she realized all the windows were plain and rather dirty, reflecting nothing other than the sad neglect of the house that stood derelict.
So sad she didn’t go any further and turned, heart broken as she remounted her bike … As she glanced up she saw a sight to amaze her…there across the way on her side of the valley was a little house and its windows glistened golden …as the sun shone on her little home.
She realized that she had been living in her golden house and all the love and care she found there was what made her home the ‘golden house’. Everything she dreamed was right there in front of her nose!

"We should see the brighter side of the things we possess..we dream with our closed eyes and we miss things around with our open eyes..how strange but true…":))

Two people went to a Show Room where used Cars are sold. The Sales Man who was
there explained the condition of the Vehicle and its maintenance aspects etc. Out of the
two, one took out a small slip from his pocket and gave it to the Sales Man. In that
Slip, it was written they are deaf and dumb. On seeing that, the Sales Man, instantly
started explaining it in writing. After knowing everything, they decided to buy a Car.
Perhaps they have come to a stage of buying after lot of bargaining, etc. Both of them
wanted to have a drive in the selected Car and they had one round and came back to
the Show Room. On returning to the Show Room, they said, we do not want the Car.
The Sales Man got confused and asked them in writing, why don't you like the Car,
does it not run to your liking, petrol consumption, etc. On reading that, these two
wrote on a piece of paper stating that the Car does not have a Radio. On the one side
the human mind always searches for something which is not there, while the required
thing is available. But in this case ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Two people went to a Show Room where used Cars are sold. The Sales Man who was
there explained the condition of the Vehicle and its maintenance aspects etc. Out of the
two, one took out a small slip from his pocket and gave it to the Sales Man. In that
Slip, it was written they are deaf and dumb. On seeing that, the Sales Man, instantly
started explaining it in writing. After knowing everything, they decided to buy a Car.
Perhaps they have come to a stage of buying after lot of bargaining, etc. Both of them
wanted to have a drive in the selected Car and they had one round and came back to
the Show Room. On returning to the Show Room, they said, we do not want the Car.
The Sales Man got confused and asked them in writing, why don't you like the Car,
does it not run to your liking, petrol consumption, etc. On reading that, these two
wrote on a piece of paper stating that the Car does not have a Radio. On the one side
the human mind always searches for something which is not there, while the required
thing is available. But in this case ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balasubramanian
Ambattur
Dear Balasubramanian ji...

That was really a wonderful story. Thank you so much for posting the story.. please keep on posting such a wonderful and informative story.. with kind regards.. Anandi

A Wise Father's Letter to His Son / Daughter.

Very Useful to all of us.....

Beautiful letter written by a father to his son

Following is a letter to his son from a renowned

Hong Kong TV broadcaster/Child Psychologist. The words are actually applicable to all of us, young or old, children or parents.! This applies to daughters too. All parents can use this in their teachings to their children.
Dear son ,

I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons

1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable; nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.

2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.

3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.Remember the following as you go through life.

1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.

2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess.Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through lifewhen people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love most.

3.Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would findthat life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.

4.Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient,time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.

5.A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!

6.I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether youwant to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich orpoor.

7.You honour your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.

8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any prize.That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no freelunch!

9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.

Regards,

Your Dad

Last edited:
[h=6]1. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

2. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship and find out that you still care for that person.
3. When the door of happiness closes, another ...opens but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

4. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

5. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

6. There are things you'd love to hear that you would never hear from the person who you would like to hear from, but don't be so deaf as not to hear it from the one who says it from their heart.

7. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, in the end it fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

8. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

9. A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.

10. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

11. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

12. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.....Anandi
[/h]

[h=6]attitude is what life is all about…..!!!!!
1. Soldier : Sir we are surrounded from all sides by enemies ,
major: Excellent! We can attack in any direction.

... 2. Every one knows about alexander graham bell who invented the telephone, but he never made a call to his family. Because, his wife and daughter were deaf. That’s life “live for others “.

3. The worst in life is "attachment " it hurts when you lose it. The best thing in life is " loneliness " because it teaches you everything and, when you lose it, you get everything.

4. Life is not about the people who act true to your face
it’s about the people who remain true behind your back.

5. If an egg is broken by an outside force..a life ends. If
an egg breaks from within.......life begins.
Great things always begin from within.

6. It’s better to lose your ego to the one you love. Than
to lose the one you love....... Because of ego.

7. A relationship doesn't shine by just shaking hands
at the best of times. But it blossoms by holding firmly
in critical situations.

8. Heated gold becomes ornaments. Betted copper becomes wires. Depleted stone becomes statue. So, the more pain you get in your life the more valuable you become.

9. When you trust someone trust him completely without
any doubt....... At the end you would get one of the two :
Either a lesson for your life or a very good person .

10. Why we have so many temples, if god is everywhere ?
A wise man said: Air is everywhere, but we still need a fan to feel it.....:))
[/h]

[h=6]Rose bud

It is only a tiny rosebud,
a flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
... with these clumsy hands of mine.

The secret of unfolding flowers
is not known to such as I..
GOD opens this flower so easily,
but in my hands they die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
this flower of God's design,
then how can I have the wisdom
to unfold this life of mine?

So I'll trust in God for leading
each moment of my day.
I will look to God for guidance
in each step of the way.

The path that lies before me,
only my Lord knows.
I'll trust God to unfold the moments,
just as He unfolds the rose.
[/h]

DIFFICULT QUESTIONS AND INTELLIGENT ANSWERS!

Question and the Answer given by an IAS expectant candidates.
(Indian Administrative Services) THE most difficult examination in
India. Candidates are graduate Officers now.

Q.How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
A. Concrete floors are very hard to crack!

Q.If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it
Take four men to build it?
A. No time at all it is already built.

Q.If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four
Apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
A. Very large hands.

Q. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
A. It is not a problem, since you will never find an elephant with
One hand.

Q. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
A. No Probs, He sleeps at night
Q. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
A. It will Wet or Sink as simple as that.
Q. What looks like half apple?
A : The other half.
Q. What can you never eat for breakfast?
A : Dinner.
Q. What happened when wheel was invented?
A : It caused a revolution.
Q. Bay of Bengal is in which state?
A : Liquid
Interviewer said "I shall either ask you ten easy questions or one
Really difficult question.
Think well before you make up your mind!" The boy thought for a
While and said,
"my choice is one really difficult question."
"Well, good luck to you, you have made your own choice! Now tell me this.
"What comes first, Day or Night?"
The boy was jolted in! To reality as his admission depends on the
Correctness of his answer, but he thought for a while and said, "It's the
DAY sir!"
"How" the interviewer asked,
"Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a SECOND
Difficult question!"
He was selected for IIM!

BE OBSERVANT

Chaman and Jagan joined a wholesale company together just after graduation.

Both worked very hard.

After several years, the boss promoted Jagan to sales executive but Chaman remained
a sales rep. One day Chaman could not take it anymore, tender resignation to the boss
and complained the boss did not value hard working staff, but only promoted those
who flattered him.

The boss knew that Chaman worked very hard for the years, but in order to help
Chaman realise the difference between him and Jagan, the boss asked Chaman to do
the following. Go and find out anyone selling water melon in the market? Chaman
returned and said yes. The boss asked how much per kg? Chaman went back to the
market to ask and returned to inform boss the Rs.12 per kg.

Boss told Chaman, I will ask Jagan the same question? Jagan went, returned and said,
boss, only one person selling water melon. Rs.12 per kg, Rs.100 for 10 kg, he has
inventory of 340 melons. On the table 58 melons, every melon weighs
about 15 kg, bought from the South two days ago, they are fresh and red,
good quality.

Chaman was very impressed and realised the difference between himself and Jagan.
He decided not to resign but to learn from Jagan.

My dear friends, a more successful person is more observant, thinks more and
understands in depth. For the same matter, a more successful person sees several
years ahead, while we see only tomorrow. The difference between a year and a day is
365 times.

[h=6]THE REWARDS OF A GOOD DEED

One stormy night many years ago, an elderly man and his wife entered the lobby of a
small hotel in Philadelphia. Trying to get out of the rain, the couple approached the
front desk hoping to get some shelter for the night.
"Could you possibly give us a room here?" the husband asked.

The clerk, a friendly man with a winning smile, looked at the couple and explained that
there were three conventions in own. "All of our rooms are taken," the clerk said. "But
I can't send a nice couple like you out into the rain at one o'clock in the morning. Would
you perhaps be willing to sleep in my room? It's not exactly a suite, but it will be good
enough to make you folks comfortable for the night."

When the couple declined, the young man pressed on. "Don't worry about me, I'll make
out just fine," the clerk told them.

So the couple agreed.

As he paid his bill the next morning, the elderly man said to the clerk, "You are the kind
of manager who should be the boss of the best hotel in the United States. Maybe
someday I'll build one for you."

The clerk looked at them and smiled. The three of them had a good laugh. As they
drove away, the elderly couple agreed that the helpful clerk was indeed exceptional, as
finding people who are both friendly and helpful isn't easy.

Two years passed. The clerk had almost forgotten the incident when he received a
letter from the old man. It recalled that stormy night and enclosed a round-trip ticket
to New York, asking the young man to pay them a visit.

The old man met him in New York, and led him to the corner of Fifth Avenue and 34th
Street. He then pointed to a great new building there, a pale reddish stone, with turrets
and watchtowers thrusting up to the sky.

"That," said the older man, "is the hotel I have just built for you to manage."
"You must be joking," the young man said.
"I can assure you I am not," said the older man, a sly smile playing around his mouth.

The older man's name was William Waldorf-Aster, and that magnificent structure was
the original Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The young clerk who became its first manager was
George C. Boldt. This young clerk never foresaw the turn of events that would lead him to become the manager of one of the world's most glamorous hotels.
[/h]

[h=6]DON’T PUNISH EVERY MISTAKE
BY COLIN POWELL

In one of my assignments as a young infantry officer, I was sent to the 48th Infantry near Frankfurt, Germany. In those days our prize weapon was a huge 280-mm atomic cannon. Guarded by infantry platoons, these guns were hauled around the forests on trucks to keep the Soviets from guessing their location
One day Captain Tom Miller assigned my platoon to... guard a 280. I alerted my men, loaded my .45 caliber pistol and jumped into my jeep. I had not gone far when I realized that my.45 was gone.
I was petrified. In the army, losing weapon is serious business. I had no choicebut to radio Captain Miller and tell him. “ You what ?”he said in disbelief. He paused a few seconds, then added, “All right, continue the mission.”
When I returned,uneasily contemplating my fate, Miller called me over. “ I’ve got something for you,” he said, handing me the pistol. “Some kids in the village found it where it fell out of your holster.”
“Kids found it ?” I felt a cold chill.
“Yeah,”he said. “Luckily they only got off one round before we heard the shot and took the gun away.” The disastrous possibilities left me limp. “ For God’s sake , son, don’t let that happen again.”
He drove off. I checked the magazine and found it was full. The gun had not been fired. Later I learned that I had dropped it in my tent before I ever got started . Miller had fabricated the scene about the kids to give me a good scare.
Today the army might hold an investigation, call in lawyers and likely enter a bad mark on my record. Miller gave the chance to learn from my mistake. His example of intelligent leadership was not lost on me. Nobody ever got to the top without slipping up. When someone stumbles , I don’t believe in stomping on him. My philosophy is “Pick ‘em up, dust ‘em off and get ‘em moving again.”
[/h]

Be Good to Yourself ...!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti

Trust yourself
You know what you want and need.

Put yourself first.
You can't be anything for anybody else
unless you take care of yourself.

Let your feelings be known.
They are important.

Express your opinions.
It's good to hear yourself talk.

Value your thinking.
You do it well.

Take the time and space you need.
Even if other people are wanting something from you.

When you need something, don't talk yourself out of it.
Even if you can't have it, it's ok to need.

When you are scared, let someone know.
Isolating yourself when you're scared makes it worse.

When you feel like running away,

let yourself feel the scare.
Think about what you fear will happen
and decide what you need to do.

When you're angry, let yourself feel the anger.

Decide what you want to do.
Just feel it, express it, or take some action.

When you're sad, think about what would be comforting.

When you're hurt, tell the person who hurt you.
Keeping it inside makes it grow.

When you have work to do and you don't want to do it,
Decide what really needs to be done and what can wait.

When you want somethingfrom someone else, ask.
You'll be okay if they say no.
Asking is being true to yourself.

When you need help, ask.
Trust people to say no if they don't want to give.

When people turn you down,
It usually has to do with them, and not with you.
Ask someone else for what you need.

When you feel alone, know there are people
who want to be with you.
Fantasize what it would be like to be with each of them.
Decide if you want to make that happen.

When you feel anxious, let yourself know that in your head.
You've moved into the future to something scary
And your body has gotten up the energy for it.

Come back to the present.

When you want to say something loving to someone,
go ahead.
Expressing your feeling is not a commitment

When someone yells at you, physically support yourself
By relaxing into your chair or putting your feet firmly on the floor.
Remember to breathe.
Think about the message they are trying to get across to you.

When you're harassing yourself, stop.
You do it when you need something.
Figure out what you need and get it.

When everything seems wrong,
You are overwhelmed and need some comforting.
Ask for it.
Afterwards, you can think about what you need to do.

When you want to talk to someone new and are scared,
breathe.
Don't start rehearsing, just plunge in.
If it doesn't go well, you can stop.

If you're doing something you don't like to do,
(such as smoking or overeating), Stop.
Think about what you really want.

If you're stuck and can't think clearly,
talk out loud to someone.

When you can't think straight,
Stop thinking. Feel.

When you're in need of love, reach out.
There are people who love you.

When you're confused, it's usually because you think you should
Do one thing and you want to do another.
Dialogue with yourself or present both sides to a friend.

When you feel harried, slow down.
Deliberately slow your breathing, your speech, and your movements.

When you have tears, cry.
When you feel like crying and it's not a safe place to cry,
Acknowledge your pain and promise yourself a good cry later.
Keep your promise.

When everything seems gray, look for color.

If one of these rules seems wrong for you, talk about it with someone.
Then, rewrite it so it fits you.
Remember, Be Good To Yourself!

Wisdom stories

Be Good to Yourself ...!!

Trust yourself

You know what you want and need.

Put yourself first.

You can't be anything for anybody else

unless you take care of yourself.

Let your feelings be known.
They are important.

Express your opinions.
It's good to hear yourself talk.

Value your thinking.
You do it well.

Take the time and space you need.
Even if other people are wanting something from you.

When you need something, don't talk yourself out of it.
Even if you can't have it, it's ok to need.

When you are scared, let someone know.
Isolating yourself when you're scared makes it worse.

When you feel like running away,

let yourself feel the scare.
Think about what you fear will happen
and decide what you need to do.

When you're angry, let yourself feel the anger.

Decide what you want to do.
Just feel it, express it, or take some action.

When you're sad, think about what would be comforting.

When you're hurt, tell the person who hurt you.
Keeping it inside makes it grow.

When you have work to do and you don't want to do it,
Decide what really needs to be done and what can wait.

When you want somethingfrom someone else, ask.
You'll be okay if they say no.
Asking is being true to yourself.

When you need help, ask.
Trust people to say no if they don't want to give.

When people turn you down,
It usually has to do with them, and not with you.
Ask someone else for what you need.

When you feel alone, know there are people
who want to be with you.
Fantasize what it would be like to be with each of them.
Decide if you want to make that happen.

When you feel anxious, let yourself know that in your head.
You've moved into the future to something scary
And your body has gotten up the energy for it.

Come back to the present.

When you want to say something loving to someone,
go ahead.
Expressing your feeling is not a commitment

When someone yells at you, physically support yourself
By relaxing into your chair or putting your feet firmly on the floor.
Remember to breathe.
Think about the message they are trying to get across to you.

When you're harassing yourself, stop.
You do it when you need something.
Figure out what you need and get it.

When everything seems wrong,
You are overwhelmed and need some comforting.
Ask for it.
Afterwards, you can think about what you need to do.

When you want to talk to someone new and are scared,
breathe.
Don't start rehearsing, just plunge in.
If it doesn't go well, you can stop.

If you're doing something you don't like to do,
(such as smoking or overeating), Stop.
Think about what you really want.

If you're stuck and can't think clearly,
talk out loud to someone.

When you can't think straight,
Stop thinking. Feel.

When you're in need of love, reach out.
There are people who love you.

When you're confused, it's usually because you think you should
Do one thing and you want to do another.
Dialogue with yourself or present both sides to a friend.

When you feel harried, slow down.
Deliberately slow your breathing, your speech, and your movements.

When you have tears, cry.
When you feel like crying and it's not a safe place to cry,
Acknowledge your pain and promise yourself a good cry later.
Keep your promise.

When everything seems gray, look for color.

If one of these rules seems wrong for you, talk about it with someone.
Then, rewrite it so it fits you.
Remember, Be Good To Yourself!

Madam Really Fantastic Thank you very much for this post.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

[h=6]HELLO FRIEND.......

Many people will walk in and out of your life.
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

... To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.

Anger is only one letter short of danger.

If someone betrays you once, it is his fault;
If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

He, who loses money, loses much;
He, who
loses a friend, loses much more;
He, who loses faith, loses all.

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't
live long enough to make them all yourself.

Friends, you and me ... You brought another friend.
And then there were 3 We started our group.
Our circle of friends ...
There is no beginning or end .

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift. I have shown my friends
how much I care ....Now it is your turn to show how much you care for your friend...:))
[/h]

[h=2]A Good Woman's Story[/h] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject: a good women's story[/FONT]

Recently, in a large city in France, a poster featuring a young, thin and
tan woman appeared in the window of a gym. It said, "This summer, do you
want to be a mermaid or a whale?"
A middle-aged woman, whose physical characteristics did not match those of
the woman on the poster, responded publicly to the question posed by the
gym.

To Whom It May Concern,

Whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, sea lions, curious
humans). They have an active sex life, get pregnant and have adorable baby
whales. They have a wonderful time with dolphins stuffing themselves with
shrimp. They play and swim in the seas, seeing wonderful places like
Patagonia, the Bering Sea and the coral reefs of Polynesia.

Whales are wonderful singers and have even recorded CDs. They are
incredible
creatures and virtually have no predators other than humans. They are
loved,
protected and admired by almost everyone in the world.

Mermaids don't exist. If they did exist, they would be lining up
outside the offices of psychoanalysts due to an identity crisis. Fish or
human?
They don't have a sex life because they kill men who get close to them, not
to mention how could they have sex? Just look at them ...where is their
yoni? Therefore, they don't have kids either. Not to mention, who wants to
get close to a girl who smells like dead kelp?

The choice is perfectly clear to me; I want to be a whale.

P.S. We are in an age when media puts into our heads the idea that only
skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my
kids, a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver and a piece of chocolate
with my friends. With time, we gain weight because we accumulate so much
information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room it
distributes out to the rest of our bodies.
So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back