• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who comes out on top ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

Has anyone conducted studies to find out who comes out on top as far as IQ and cognitive skills are concerned ? Tamil Brahmins or Ashkenazi Jews ? Wikipedia refuses to take sides. Jews have conducted extensive research on their own genetic make but Tambrams don't seem to have paid particular attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they need to play a chess match. Would be a replay of the recent FIDE world championship.

Just to be fair, I think there should also be a parallel arm-wrestling championship. After all, what is brain without some brawn?

I think they need to play a chess match. Would be a replay of the recent FIDE world championship.

Just to be fair, I think there should also be a parallel arm-wrestling championship. After all, what is brain without some brawn?

LOL this is funny Ok.Why would anyone want to have an IQ test?
High IQ indviduals are found everywhere in any race from the Kalahari Bushmen to the Eskimo and all those in between.

Well may be we should have endurance test too like extreme sports,wrestling with lions gladiator style,horse ridding,Rig Veda Riddles test,
Kama Sutra MCQ's,Master Chef for culinary skills,EQ tests, Mr Hot Body contest to see who looks like a Greek God.

We need the perfect individual and just conducting IQ test purely based on academics is not enough.

Last edited:

Arm Wrestling ??

Aiyyah, you kidding ?

Several thousands of years of diet rich in Thair-Saadham and Appalam has transformed and evolved the genes of Tam-brams into physically week but mentally strong people. Strict Endogamy within the limited gene pool has not helped matters. Jews, besides possessing strong academic/religious scripture learning based lifestyle (similar to tambrams) have the added benefit of high protein diet (Kosher Meat) which has eluded Tambrams. But I am not yet ready to give up my Thair-Saadham and Kaapi !

Arm Wrestling ??

Aiyyah, you kidding ?

Several thousands of years of diet rich in Thair-Saadham and Appalam has transformed and evolved the genes of Tam-brams into physically week but mentally strong people. Strict Endogamy within the limited gene pool has not helped matters. Jews, besides possessing strong academic/religious scripture learning based lifestyle (similar to tambrams) have the added benefit of high protein diet (Kosher Meat) which has eluded Tambrams. But I am not yet ready to give up my Thair-Saadham and Kaapi !

Diet has nothing much to do with physical strength.
There is enough protein in vegan or vegetarian diets too.
Have you see how Shaolin monks can literally fly and fight?
They are Vegans and do not even drink milk.

Strength is all in the mind.We are what we think.

LOL this is funny Ok.Why would anyone want to have an IQ test?
High IQ indviduals are found everywhere in any race from the Kalahari Bushmen to the Eskimo and all those in between.

Well may be we should have endurance test too like extreme sports,wrestling with lions gladiator style,horse ridding,Rig Veda Riddles test,
Kama Sutra MCQ's,Master Chef for culinary skills,EQ tests, Mr Hot Body contest to see who looks like a Greek God.

We need the perfect individual and just conducting IQ test purely based on academics is not enough.

Quest for perfect individual is situation specific. Greeks and Romans admired and worshiped perfect human body. They also produces some of the most outstanding philosophers. But such great philosophers did not possess perfect body. So you are back to square-one. There is no single perfect human.

Quest for perfect individual is situation specific. Greeks and Romans admired and worshiped perfect human body. They also produces some of the most outstanding philosophers. But such great philosophers did not possess perfect body. So you are back to square-one. There is no single perfect human.

Exactly!! So there is no one who is perfect.
So do we really need an IQ test for any one community?

Exactly!! So there is no one who is perfect.
So do we really need an IQ test for any one community?
dear friend !
we used to say urundu porandu vazhkail munkku vanthavan .that means you may be in the bottom one day and come at top on another day and again go bottom again and this rolling will continue . as you watch you can not say who is in the top until the process is over
ithu eppadi erukku ?
guruvayurappan

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]வல்லவனுக்கு புல்லும் ஆயுதம்;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] कुशाग्र बुद्धि did split the serpent's tongue.[/FONT]

Diet has nothing much to do with physical strength.
There is enough protein in vegan or vegetarian diets too.
Have you see how Shaolin monks can literally fly and fight?
They are Vegans and do not even drink milk.

Strength is all in the mind.We are what we think.

Arm Wrestling ??

Aiyyah, you kidding ?

Yup of course I am kidding. :) I am yet to see a TB body builder, though there were some cricketers who could hit sixers, so physical fitness is not all lost.

More serious question on your endogamy comment. Because of a similar reason, the Ashkenazi Jews harbor a bunch of genetic illnesses. Do TBs have similar problems? Perhaps the endogamy does not go beyond the last 100-200 years?

dear friend !
we used to say urundu porandu vazhkail munkku vanthavan .that means you may be in the bottom one day and come at top on another day and again go bottom again and this rolling will continue . as you watch you can not say who is in the top until the process is over
ithu eppadi erukku ?
guruvayurappan

But of course, it is never over ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back