• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wedding rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like this gandharva style...... let the fragrance spread

it gives a distinct charisma for bride and bridegroom...

re

i like this gandharva style...... let the fragrance spread

it gives a distinct charisma for bride and bridegroom...

gaandh-errr-vaaa :tape: is what the world over people are adhering to.unlike the indian style arranged marriages either thru elders or thru the children themselves.

maalai maathal,actually takes place during nitchaya-artham itself,on the day of mappilai vara whereppu-before the yagna is lighted even,the next day,when thirumangalyam is finally tied,and as well metty is slipped into the girls feet..

sb

Talking about Marriages, I have not seen in any Smiriti about Thirumangalyam (Thali). Many Hindus in other states like Gujarat, Bengal, Bihar, U.P, etc. do not wear Mangal Sutra or Thali. Did Maa Sita wear a Mangal Sutra or Maa Rukmani? No.

There are was no tradition of wearing Sindhoor in the Southern states. But thanks to the modern communications we see more Tamilians wearing Sindhoor (at least in TV serials) than Bengalis.

re

Talking about Marriages, I have not seen in any Smiriti about Thirumangalyam (Thali). Many Hindus in other states like Gujarat, Bengal, Bihar, U.P, etc. do not wear Mangal Sutra or Thali. Did Maa Sita wear a Mangal Sutra or Maa Rukmani? No.

There are was no tradition of wearing Sindhoor in the Southern states. But thanks to the modern communications we see more Tamilians wearing Sindhoor (at least in TV serials) than Bengalis.

i suppose according to your reserach tamizhs wearing rings and ma sita was wearing frocks and rama a gun toting mlecha,hmpff...:tape:

sb

i suppose according to your reserach tamizhs wearing rings and ma sita was wearing frocks and rama a gun toting mlecha,hmpff...:tape:

sb

junk spammers like you only know to copy, mimic and ramble. no research, no nothing. spoken like a perfect porikkey...and you actaully self-designate yourself as a brahmin..wow...nice. hope you develop a few brain cells before you even call yourself a human first..

junk spammers like you only know to copy, mimic and ramble. no research, no nothing. spoken like a perfect porikkey...and you actaully self-designate yourself as a brahmin..wow...nice. hope you develop a few brain cells before you even call yourself a human first..
you had better well keep your personal prejudices to yourself... name calling is no joke... and you are not good at it...

you had better well keep your personal prejudices to yourself... name calling is no joke... and you are not good at it...

yes it takes effort to return the name-calling.

why don't you advice your dear client (since you are his spokesman) to keep his personal prejudices to himself as well.

he started the name-calling:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showpost.php?p=20221&postcount=280

and the provocation:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showpost.php?p=20209&postcount=278

so basically you guys go rough up with those who you want out (Nacchinarkiniyanji, KRSji)...please do not delude yourself into thinking that anyone on earth shd give a damn for the likes of you.

welcome to the party... it is, probably, a haplotype phenomenon... and with diligent research, one may possibly come to the conclusion that all humans are related, at least in this aspect...

yes ofcourse all humans are related, in all respects..only some will want to come from a y-chromosome from some thot of brahma... :)

re

yes it takes effort to return the name-calling.

why don't you advice your dear client (since you are his spokesman) to keep his personal prejudices to himself as well.

he started the name-calling:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showpost.php?p=20221&postcount=280

and the provocation:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showpost.php?p=20209&postcount=278

so basically you guys go rough up with those who you want out (Nacchinarkiniyanji, KRSji)...please do not delude yourself into thinking that anyone on earth shd give a damn for the likes of you.

whats nacchi..or krs got to do with you?unless...oh ho kadai appidi poradha...seri seri,nee continue pannu rajathi cheallam...

sb

I am quoting my earlier post.

Unfortunately instead of posting a reply the usual coterie tried to ridicule it. There was a discussion in Brahmins Today magazine about the holding of reception a day earlier to the marriage. Every one knows that this is against the Sasthras. But the discussion became acrimonious.

There was a letter to the editor about this. I am reproducing parts of it.

நான் தாம்பிராஸ் ஆரம்பித்த காலத்திலிருந்து இந்த பிராமணர்களிடம் பழகியதிலிருந்து ஒரு விஷயம் கவனிக்கபடுகிறது. அது என்னவெனில் மாற்றுக் கருத்தை ஜீரணிக்க திராணியற்றவர்களாக இருப்பதுதான். ஒருவர், ஒரு கருத்தை ஒரு மாற்றத்தை கூறினால் அதற்கு மறுப்பு தெரிவிப்பதில் ஒரு நாகரிகம் காணப்படுவதில்லை. ஓருவர் ஒரு கருத்தை வைத்தால் அதனைத் தர்க்க முறையிலும் சாஸ்த்ர முறையிலும் மறுக்க முயல வேண்டுமே தவிர தனிப்பட்ட முறையில் தாக்குதல், குழு சேர்த்துக்கொண்டு நக்கல் நையாண்டி செய்தல், கேலி பேசுதல் கூடாது. அதுதான் நடைபெற்றுக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. மனத்தளவில் பலஹீனமானவர்கள்தான் இச்செயலில் ஈடுபடுவார்கள்.
This is exactly what is happening here and all over this forum.

When our children ask you a question why the Gujaratis, Bengalis and others do not have a Mangal Sutra, what do we say? This question was asked in a popular anmika magazine. But there was no specific answer.

Have you seen your mother and grandmother wearing Sindoor. In Bengali marriages there is a specific ceremony where the bride groom places the sindhoor in the hair parting of the Bride. The mother in law gives a Sindhoor box to the Bride. Do we have such ceremonies?

Thirumangalyam is our tradition and culture. What is wrong in that? We do it because it is our culture. Wearing sindhoor is not Tamil Brahmin culture. But if we decide to take it from the Bengalis there is nothing wrong.

Problem arises when we insist that whatever we do is as per the Sasthras and what everyone else does is against it. If you believe it prove it by quoting Sasthras. Not by நக்கல், நையாண்டி செய்தல் and கேலி பேசுதல்.

re

I am quoting my earlier post.

Unfortunately instead of posting a reply the usual coterie tried to ridicule it. There was a discussion in Brahmins Today magazine about the holding of reception a day earlier to the marriage. Every one knows that this is against the Sasthras. But the discussion became acrimonious.

There was a letter to the editor about this. I am reproducing parts of it.

This is exactly what is happening here and all over this forum.

When our children ask you a question why the Gujaratis, Bengalis and others do not have a Mangal Sutra, what do we say? This question was asked in a popular anmika magazine. But there was no specific answer.

Have you seen your mother and grandmother wearing Sindoor. In Bengali marriages there is a specific ceremony where the bride groom places the sindhoor in the hair parting of the Bride. The mother in law gives a Sindhoor box to the Bride. Do we have such ceremonies?

Thirumangalyam is our tradition and culture. What is wrong in that? We do it because it is our culture. Wearing sindhoor is not Tamil Brahmin culture. But if we decide to take it from the Bengalis there is nothing wrong.

Problem arises when we insist that whatever we do is as per the Sasthras and what everyone else does is against it. If you believe it prove it by quoting Sasthras. Not by நக்கல், நையாண்டி செய்தல் and கேலி பேசுதல்.

your post has no substance,just becoz you have not seen in any smiriti.wearing kungamam is our sampradayam instead of sindoor parting in the hair for females in bengal,who also wear a 'bala' in their hands.

what you have been doing now,i have come to understand.everything cannot be quoted by shastras.your coterie also have been identified,so be it.when children ask tell them you are tamizh brahmanas and in our sampradayas we follow certain ways,instead of dragging amma sita and amma rukmani into the posts.neer enda madiri brahmanan endru,poorindhu kondain.umakku yeazharai poda vendiyadhu daan.

sb

your post has no substance,just becoz you have not seen in any smiriti.wearing kungamam is our sampradayam instead of sindoor parting in the hair for females in bengal,who also wear a 'bala' in their hands.

what you have been doing now,i have come to understand.everything cannot be quoted by shastras.your coterie also have been identified,so be it.when children ask tell them you are tamizh brahmanas and in our sampradayas we follow certain ways,instead of dragging amma sita and amma rukmani into the posts.neer enda madiri brahmanan endru,poorindhu kondain.umakku yeazharai poda vendiyadhu daan.

sb

you think your posts got any susbtance?

Do post in English or Tamil. Not Tinglish. Have the guts to say what you want in Tamil Lipi or English. Not Tinglish. If you do not know enough English post in Tamil Lipi.

நக்கல், நையாண்டி செய்தல் and கேலி பேசுதல் have become your trade mark.

re

Your post confirms this.

exactly N...on your instigation or respect for you,a coterie is doing your bidings.so in no way you are any better than rest of us here.You are doing in a classy way,i am doing in a dubakku way,avalavu daan diff.pooriar da!!

sb

There are rituals governed by Shasthras, and there are rituals governed by particular customs and traditions... there are also rituals which have been taken from other groups... this is a fact...

But it seems that certain folks in the brahmin community has a peculiar tendency - "the tendency to downplay the other" either by suggesting an immature temperament or by hinting improper understanding. I must say, that this is more often found in the senior age group. While the younger are much more quick to react, they are also open in admitting a mistake... This is not so among the seniors.

Knowledge may not always mean acceptance of all kinds of theories... that kind of attitude is simply moronic... Certain people tend to think that if somebody does not accept a fact, then it goes to show their immaturity of mind, or lack of knowledge... how misleading can it get from here?!!!

When individuals are discussing, there is inevitably a subtle personal discussion strung along with any "objectivity"... it is only the degree which varies...

Obviously, somebody (or a group) here is perturbed about threads running out of the horizon, lack of knowledge and the like...

It is really a pity that these kinds of anomalies have crept into the minds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back