• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wedding rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that unnecessary rituals may be curbed,but at the same time the practice of having one day marriage has come to stay and this has to be changed if Brahmanyam is to be retained in future generations.A four day rituals not in Mantapam but at the bride grooms residence to perform Aupasanam and the shesha homam at the dawn on fourth day followed by Nuptial on suitable muhurtha is essential
We all think of the celebrations but not of the future welfare of children who are going to live for another 50 years or so.In my view our efforts should be in those lines so that as a concept itself would be known and that the belief is that it ensures their prosperity.For the views of Hon'ble members,I had a four day marriage just two decades back.It is stil possible and there are qualified pundits to conduct that

very succinctly said! would the society heed ?

members please contribute to this.

yes sesh!

i agree with you. but as a yagyam you are not giving anything materially for Rishis.

so i tried to connect , if one sponsor a brahmana on all his veda patasala expenses
would that be akin to rishi yagyam .

same with sanyasees

sb!

classification, discrimination are healthy management practices.

since the topic is pancha maha yagyas - five-fold sacrifices , w/out classification pmy becomes meaningless.

regards

A strictly smriti based marriage can be done in one day including the reception,In the olden days in three day maraiges after the ceremony the couple were made to oupasanam.. Which is hardly done by any grihasta today. It is a part of a grihastas daily routine like sandyavandanam.The require steps for a properhindu marriage by Smritis is very simple..

A strictly smriti based marriage can be done in one day including the reception,In the olden days in three day maraiges after the ceremony the couple were made to oupasanam.. Which is hardly done by any grihasta today. It is a part of a grihastas daily routine like sandyavandanam.The require steps for a properhindu marriage by Smritis is very simple..

Sir,
You are begging the question.The grouse is now people have even forgotten that the prerequisite is observance of celibacy for three nights or tri rathra deeksha as a last resort and conclude with sesha homam.
To quote from one of the august disciples of Sri.Chandrasekhara Bharathi of Sringeri,Sri.Gnananda Bharathi,such niyama ensures that the offspring par takes qualities of Devas,Rishis or a good shrotrian depending on the duration of celibacy.Afterall Vivaha was called a samvatsara deeksha in olden days

re

sb!

classification, discrimination are healthy management practices.

since the topic is pancha maha yagyas - five-fold sacrifices , w/out classification pmy becomes meaningless.

regards

m m

classifications will always exist,with a new nomenclature,as thats how humans are.we do not have any other better business apart from differentitating amongst either thru blood group or genetic mark ups or color or caste or in mind.its our very nature to do this becoz we mired in maya.once this avidya is gone then clarity is visible.

what is pmy?did not understand that part of your encouraging discussion.thnx.

sb:pray2:

re

Do post in English or Tamil. Not Tinglish. Have the guts to say what you want in Tamil Lipi or English. Not Tinglish. If you do not know enough English post in Tamil Lipi.

நக்கல், நையாண்டி செய்தல் and கேலி பேசுதல் have become your trade mark.

as long as you understand it,its fine.thank god somethings are still working within you!! LIPI yo AAPY yo edo onnu,purincha seri ennakku.it appears you have understand.what an irony tamil brahmin websites is the name of our website, and we resort writing in english,and the tamizh natives have the audacity to correct me about english,as if they are superior in some ways or even better than the english themselves,rofl...:laugh:iddhu enna complexo theriyellai ennakku..hmmm

nakkal nayandi thanum are two ways.you resort to one and i resort to another kind.daaniki deeni seri poyindhi.summa gummunnu kadaya.

Mr s007bala,

After a long deliberation, i have chosen to write this note to you.

This forum is dear to me because i have personally gained a lot in terms of improving my writing abilities, learning to agree to disagree and importantly to step back and be a spectator when the occasion demands.

Thru this forum, i have come across some of the finest people that one could be fortunate enough to come across during a life time and a few relationships developed herein have blossomed offline too.

So hopefully this explains why i am bothering to write this note.

There was a time when there were 5 to 10 posters who were regulars and most of the traffic was generated among them. For whatever reasons (mostly demands on time), the traffic dwindled and the forum did go into a lull.

It was during such a time that you entered the forum along with Mr Sesh and for the best part of the initial period brought lot of life to the forum. I can see that you have started many threads and participated in as varied topics as one possibly could.

Frankly later, i think you went into a tailspin (will explain) and oflate you are, I think, suffering from COS or CPS - Compulsive Opinion/Posting Syndrome.

I can say this with certainity since in another forum, I am fighting hard to resist the urge to respond to every post. It is an art and let me candidly admit that i am no good in it, but I am aware of my shortcomings.

If i can make a guess, I think this is your first participation in any online forum and hence you are wanting to give vent to all the knowledge / opinions / frustrations that you have accumulated over years.

It is natural but it is in actually controlling the urge that one would climb the rungs of quality in participation.

In the last 2/3 months you are "reacting" and not "responding".

Frankly speaking, None of your jibes are even "remotely funny" and a lot of them are not even logical. A few of them are surely beyond the boundaries of decency whatever justification you may be inclined to provide.

It is part of our ethics and culture that inter-gender discussions are founded on strong principles of decency and I am of the view that you havent quite lived up to those principles.

To tell you something about me, I have been involved in bitter exchanges with atleast 3 members in another forum but I am not proud of it. The circumstances were different and being a eclectic group with a 'dravidian bias', I couldnt have hoped for patronage for some of the views. It took me some time to realize this, but once i did realize, i started moderating myself.

But this forum is different. I tend to believe that this is a homogenous forum genuinely interested in the wellbeing of our community.

I am not a tamilian myself (I bet i can write better tamil than most tamilians) but I consider myself part of this identity.

I can offer the following suggestions, which you may ofcourse dismiss in entirety.

a) Set a personal limit for number of posts per day

b) Try to collect your views/opinions and combine into one post

c) Evaluate how many posts are veering away from the topic

d) Review your current participation and think how many posts you can be truly proud of. (Personally speaking, i dont think i can be proud of more than 10% of all my posts)

e) Open a word file and try to indulge in shadow posting. At the end of the day, re-read them and only post those which you think pass muster

f) Most importantly start a blog which will give you necessary vent for your frustrations

g) Cut down on humour (actually on what you "think is humour")

h) Dont indulge in addressing anyone in 'singular terms'. It may be acceptable to you but it may not be to many and justifiably so.

I am still of the view that you are a good poster and can share good things but in coming across as you are doing presently, you are not going to win too many friends here.

Lastly i will only submit to you : Since you have a personal relationship/access to the present Shankaracharyas, how do you think they will view some of your recent posts ? In my opinion, this is the litmus test that you should conduct by yourselves.

Just some of my thoughts and let me assure you that i have no intention of 'evaluating' you or 'advising' you. But it does bother me to see the quality of the forum suffer for reasons adumbrated herein before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr s007bala,
Lastly i will only submit to you : Since you have a personal relationship/access to the present Shankaracharyas, how do you think they will view some of your recent posts ? In my opinion, this is the litmus test that you should conduct by yourselves.

Bala has always been clear that the Kanchi gurus are his kula gurus and from his posts he seems closer to Vijayendra swami than to Jayendra swami.

I certainly wud like to know how the swamis consider his behaviour to be - acceptable?

And so far i was thinking that cheap behaviour of this kind was characteristic of low-income families where abusive patterns are commonly found.

Bala has always been clear that the Kanchi gurus are his kula gurus and from his posts he seems closer to Vijayendra swami than to Jayendra swami.

I certainly wud like to know how the swamis consider his behaviour to be - acceptable?

And so far i was thinking that cheap behaviour of this kind was characteristic of low-income families where abusive patterns are commonly found.

Dear Sir,
My humble request to you for only posting your views on the subject and ignore any sarcastic or abusive comments.Let us not digress and attribute reasons for behaviour drawing it from family background.We need to build a strong think-tank and and make it a forum for intellectual exchange and not just indulge in personal mud slinging.Hope you would understand

Dear Sir,
My humble request to you for only posting your views on the subject and ignore any sarcastic or abusive comments.Let us not digress and attribute reasons for behaviour drawing it from family background.We need to build a strong think-tank and and make it a forum for intellectual exchange and not just indulge in personal mud slinging.Hope you would understand

Yes sir i perfectly understand. But for how long are we supposed to tolerate a rogue, esp if has made it a habit to make derogatory comments by bringing gender and family members into the pic? Please let me know if you are ok with such a poster boy for the tambram community, though i have my own reasons to beleive he is not from the tambram community (again, i am entitled to my opinion). Thanks.

re

Mr s007bala,

After a long deliberation, i have chosen to write this note to you.

This forum is dear to me because i have personally gained a lot in terms of improving my writing abilities, learning to agree to disagree and importantly to step back and be a spectator when the occasion demands.

Thru this forum, i have come across some of the finest people that one could be fortunate enough to come across during a life time and a few relationships developed herein have blossomed offline too.

So hopefully this explains why i am bothering to write this note.

There was a time when there were 5 to 10 posters who were regulars and most of the traffic was generated among them. For whatever reasons (mostly demands on time), the traffic dwindled and the forum did go into a lull.

It was during such a time that you entered the forum along with Mr Sesh and for the best part of the initial period brought lot of life to the forum. I can see that you have started many threads and participated in as varied topics as one possibly could.

Frankly later, i think you went into a tailspin (will explain) and oflate you are, I think, suffering from COS or CPS - Compulsive Opinion/Posting Syndrome.

I can say this with certainity since in another forum, I am fighting hard to resist the urge to respond to every post. It is an art and let me candidly admit that i am no good in it, but I am aware of my shortcomings.

If i can make a guess, I think this is your first participation in any online forum and hence you are wanting to give vent to all the knowledge / opinions / frustrations that you have accumulated over years.

It is natural but it is in actually controlling the urge that one would climb the rungs of quality in participation.

In the last 2/3 months you are "reacting" and not "responding".

Frankly speaking, None of your jibes are even "remotely funny" and a lot of them are not even logical. A few of them are surely beyond the boundaries of decency whatever justification you may be inclined to provide.

It is part of our ethics and culture that inter-gender discussions are founded on strong principles of decency and I am of the view that you havent quite lived up to those principles.

To tell you something about me, I have been involved in bitter exchanges with atleast 3 members in another forum but I am not proud of it. The circumstances were different and being a eclectic group with a 'dravidian bias', I couldnt have hoped for patronage for some of the views. It took me some time to realize this, but once i did realize, i started moderating myself.

But this forum is different. I tend to believe that this is a homogenous forum genuinely interested in the wellbeing of our community.

I am not a tamilian myself (I bet i can write better tamil than most tamilians) but I consider myself part of this identity.

I can offer the following suggestions, which you may ofcourse dismiss in entirety.

a) Set a personal limit for number of posts per day

b) Try to collect your views/opinions and combine into one post

c) Evaluate how many posts are veering away from the topic

d) Review your current participation and think how many posts you can be truly proud of. (Personally speaking, i dont think i can be proud of more than 10% of all my posts)

e) Open a word file and try to indulge in shadow posting. At the end of the day, re-read them and only post those which you think pass muster

f) Most importantly start a blog which will give you necessary vent for your frustrations

g) Cut down on humour (actually on what you "think is humour")

h) Dont indulge in addressing anyone in 'singular terms'. It may be acceptable to you but it may not be to many and justifiably so.

I am still of the view that you are a good poster and can share good things but in coming across as you are doing presently, you are not going to win too many friends here.

Just some of my thoughts and let me assure you that i have no intention of 'evaluating' you or 'advising' you. But it does bother me to see the quality of the forum suffer for reasons adumbrated herein before.

hari

i like you taking liberties with me.instead i have a suggestion for you and others here-if my posts bother you all so much,why not put my id on ignore mode,thereby you will not be able to read my posts.dont you think,that you are unfair in asking me to moderate,when others provoke me to do so.after all aham-karam is in all of us,therefore we are indulging.rendu kaiyum thattinatha sattam,why dont you stop your kai first.then you see the how it goes.:pray2:

sb

p.s.despite you not being a tamizh you are more than welcome to hang out with us hari.hopefully at least you are jathi brahmana.:yo:

re

Dear Sir,

suvy

thanks.a person like happy hindu is trying to act smart,when her vandavalum thandavalum has been exposed.she is the one who is constantly interfereing and i think,she shud just close her navadwaras for a while,imho.:violin:

as for mathru kula gurus,plz leave them alone,as if they have to be dragged here now,as it is enuff mess jj has created for them.nonsense.

re

its none of your biz and stop dragging my mathru kula gurus unneccessarily.go hug your rock now,this nimit.

its none of your biz and stop dragging my mathru kula gurus unneccessarily.go hug your rock now,this nimit.

since you know to nag ppl for their identity, i too can nag you abt this point:

i really want to know - are the kanchi swamis considering your behavior as acceptable?

bala!

please stop ! responding or reacting especially to the one who provokes , just ignore her ... please consider my request.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back