• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought for today!

Did youfind this useful Yes - No

• YES

Votes: 44 88.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
“Divine joy is like millions of earthly joys crushed into one. The quest for human happiness is like looking around for a candle while sitting out of doors in the sun. Divine joy surrounds us eternally, yet people look to mere things for their happiness. Mostly, all they find is relief from emotional or physical pain. But divine joy is the blazing Reality. Before it, earthly joys are but shadows ” - Paramhansa Yogananda

"Kallai mattum kandal, Kadavul theriyathu. Kadavul mattum kandal, kalladi theriyathu”
(If you look at it as a Stone, you don’t see God. If you look at it as God, you don’t feel the pain of even stone-pelting).

"Human evolution has two steps -
from being somebody to being nobody;
and from being nobody to being everybody.
This knowledge can bring
sharing and caring throughout the world."
— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

See Only Virtues and Specialities

An ant is tiny beside an elephant but as soon as an ant enters the ear of an elephant it goes crazy. The elephant’s ears are so big, the elephant itself is so big and yet a tiny ant makes it go wild. In the same way, if I allow the slightest defamation of anyone go through my ears, I lose all my spirituality. I lose all my value because I start interacting with others on the basis of what I have heard about them. Pay attention to this! We have to be very, very selective in what we allow to enter our ears. Let me learn to see only virtues and specialities. Let me not concentrate on anyone’s weaknesses.

Dear PRS,(Ref: Post NO.181),
I feel, it would have been better if we can on another task rather than waiting for the result. Unless we are engaged in another task, we can never live in peace or will be waiting for the result with bated breath. Normally,it is impossible for the brain to rest in peace and hence, it is essential that we should involve ourselves in another task which awaits us. raja48.

Madam Renu,(Ref:post No.171),
Since you quoted pujyasri Sankaracharya (Periavar), I want to comment even though I stand nowhere near him in spritual knowledge, intelligence, sincereity, general knowledge, etc. In my view, this must have been uttered in a mass meeting or for mass consumption. My comment, without disrespect to Sankaracharya, is why a religion needs to be popular and powerful as religion is an individual perspective. I fully agree that if you believe yourself to be a Hindu, then its tenets should be observed faithully and well i.e. in the prescribed manner. I also agree that vitality of the religion lies in observation of its faithfully and in the prescribed manner. I do not understand the context of a religion being popular and powerful. If you know, kindly enlighten me. thanks in advance. raja48

Dear PRS (Ref: Post No.172),
If the advice is sought by a person from one on whom the seeker of advice has faith and if the age of the seeker is above 40, the saying, in my opinion,holds good. If the advice is given unasked/unsought for, then the advice will have no effect. If the advice is given a person who is in 20s, most probably unsought for, the giver is mocked at as old panchangam either openly or within himself by the receiver. raja48

DearKahanam,(Post No.9 -thought for the day)
To be proud is foolish because there exist people who are more intelligent and more experienced. That being so,foolish pride (as I gather hollow boasting) may land one in embarassment. raja48

Madam Renu,(Ref:post No.171),
Since you quoted pujyasri Sankaracharya (Periavar), I want to comment even though I stand nowhere near him in spritual knowledge, intelligence, sincereity, general knowledge, etc. In my view, this must have been uttered in a mass meeting or for mass consumption. My comment, without disrespect to Sankaracharya, is why a religion needs to be popular and powerful as religion is an individual perspective. I fully agree that if you believe yourself to be a Hindu, then its tenets should be observed faithully and well i.e. in the prescribed manner. I also agree that vitality of the religion lies in observation of its faithfully and in the prescribed manner. I do not understand the context of a religion being popular and powerful. If you know, kindly enlighten me. thanks in advance. raja48

Dear GopaJi,

If a religion is to be popular and powerful, its followers should observe its tenets faithfully and well. It is not in numbers or in demonstrations that the vitality of a religion lies.

- Pujyasri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swamiji of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam

I am sure Pujyasri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swamiji of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam had a reason to say this.

See many these days feel may be that their religion or believes needs to have strength and numbers to be considered still alive and kicking.
Just like how someone who wins the election when majority choses him or her.

Swamiji was stressing that Religion isn't all about Mass Appeal or some popularity contest.
The strength of religion lies in its followers observing its tenets faithfully and well.
Swami was stressing on Dharma here.

Swamiji wasnt even talking about any religion in specific here.
To most of us religion is either Hinduism,Islam,Christianity etc but to a realized soul like Swamiji Religion is nothing but Love.

There is Only One religion..the Religion of Love.

Last edited:
Dear PRS,(Post NO.11- thought for the day),
I am unable to distinguish do right between doing things right and doing right things. If it is your own quotation, you can clarify my doubt. Kindly think about adding a time factor i.e. at the appropriate time. Notwithstanding, I like this.

Dear PR Subs Ji,

I am answering post No 1 even though Gopaji has requested you since I have the time now.

What the heart has once owned
and had it shall never lose.

In this qoute..The heart refers to the seat of our thoughts and anything that has crossed the seat of thoughts (what the heart once owned & had) in us leaves an imprint forever(shall never lose it)

Last edited:
Thought of the day

Dear PRS, (Post NO.18- thought of the day)
I joined this forum as a member only a few days ago.You are a very senior member. I would like to mention here that a new thread of similar to the original in nature that too within the orignial thread might have been created out of ignorance. I am sure this will not cause any disturbance to any body. Through oversigt, posts containing replies to the your thread may be posted under original thread and vice verse. This, you will agree that, will cause confusion to the readers of the posts and those who post their replies. Once, I had a reply from Madam V.R. to Madam Raji was published as a reply. I replied that post too. Due to human errors such things do happen. Perhaps, you can change the title of your new thread, if possible, Personal Thoughts and request the moderator to give a separate space for posting your personal thoughts. No doubt some of your thoughts are very nice and meaningful. Kindly ponder over this. In case, you prefer to continue in this thread itself, it will not cause disturbance to myself in the first instance and unlikely to others also. raja48

Dear PRS(Post No.18-Thought of the day)
It is very correct that victory has a hundred memories. The failure has enduring memories till a victory is achieved. raja48

Dear PRS (Post No.20)
This thought in my opinion is lke Sutra i.e. cryptic. I presume that when you work smilingly, the difficulty of the task is not felt or felt less. In case, it is less, the mind can think clearly to overcome the difficulty. If my presumption is wrong, kindly enlighten me with the meaning you have in mind.

Dear PRS,(Post No.21),
The teaching should be full of ideas is good as long as grades are given on basis of ideas grasped. In a system, where grades are given on the basis of the facts you know,the teaching with full of ideas will fail. raja48

Dear PRS(Post No.44 Thought for today)
Happiness is a state of mind where as pleasures aretemporary. To mae a person pleasant is no doubt an act of charity. raja48

Dear PRS,(Post No.45 Thought for today),
I have a doubt whether a person falling in love with himself or loves himself will not be called selffish? raja48

Madam Renu(POst No.191),
Thanks for the explanation on behalf of PRS. Thoughts are being lost by Heart if not immediately but after sometime i.e. when the thought is put to action or another thought says that the thought is not viable. raja48

Dear PRS (Ref:post NO.47),
Life is nodoubt a game. Very few people know to play right. Of the very few, very very few get the prize.raja48

Latest ads

Back