• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Power of Brahmins - Recap !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear learned participants of this thread - " The Power of Brahmins",
I am relatively a new member with least knowledge of scriptures , sastras etc. I have some basic doubts which I would like to raise in this thread hoping to get some explanation.
1. Are we truely Brahmins ?? ( I offer my unconditional instant apology if any body get hurt by my silly questions)
I have read somewhere that
" Janmana Jaayate Sudhra, Karmana Jaayate Dwija, Vedapadaanthu Vibranaam
BrahmaGnanthu Brahmanaah! " ( excuse me for any errors in sanskrit)
I hope the meaning is explicit - not to explain much. Dwijans are the proffessionals - Hope Shatriyas and Vaishyas in those days. But in present world most of the people including myself are Vaishyas - my humble opinion.
The same reference ( I remember some Gorakhpur Gita press Publications BOOK which I read some 15 years ago) indicates that " Who is a Brahmin ? and what are his duties?
I remember that the author was quoting Manu Shastra and explaining different Vridhis( or Vriththi - meaning Proffession) of a brahmin and the persons who were not following those were not brahmins. I am not describing them in detail now. But one thing I remember it was stated in that "the person who keeps/saves something (materialistic things) for tomorrow/future can't be a Brahmin" -
I thought here in this forum we are united under "Tamil Brahmins" Tag due to forcible circumstances ( Like social Bashing, reservation etc.) and not that we are True Brahmins of TamilNadu Origin - Am I Correct ??? - Kindly any body explain if otherwise
2. Assuming what I said is more or less true then what are the daily routines we have to follow - either the same which our ancestors taught us or something modified version which can make the younger generation to participate whole-heartedly and not just for doing as their parents/grand parents insisted ?
3. What is the "Power of Brahmins" by the way? In the Indian History when & where they have exhibited such power ?
Kindly excuse me if any body felt hurt of my questions!!

Regards,
Adiyean

We have been talking about karma in many threads. There is a lot of confusion about Karma.

Karma is defined or clarified in

1. Vedas - Karma kanda
2. Vedas - Jnana kanda
3. Mahabharata
4. Ramayana
5. Dharma Sashthras.

The definition and clarifications regarding karma differs and are many times contradictory in all the above scriptures.

Without going into mind boggling details, there are three Karma theories.

1. The results of Karma has to be reaped by all. There is no escape from it.

2. The transfer of effects of Karma. Karma of a parent affecting the child and the Karma of the child affects the parents. In effect karma of one person affecting others like wife/husband, brother/sister and so on. ( I am not going into this).

3. The effects of karma is to be decided by God. God can nullify the effect of any Karma. God also decides when the effect of any karma should fructify.

Now what you believe depends on the philosophy you follow. Again this is a bit of a problem as the practice of religion does not follow one particular philosophy.

Still we can discern the philosophical background in our beliefs.

1. The belief in Nityakarama, karma anushtana and such other terms are basically Purva Mimansa from the karma Kanda of the Vedas. You reap the benefit according to your karmas. No Godly intervention. Ritualistic religion is based on this.

People who follow Advaita, Vishishta Advaita, still follow Purva Mimansa when it comes to basic rituals. Purava Mimansa is Karma Kanda of the Vedas. It does not believe in God. So you do your Nityakarmas and other rituals and you will reap the benefit.

2. This is the basis of shraddhas.

3. This is the basis of Bhakti. This contradicts the belief of Purva Mimansa. Nityaanushtana and other rituals do not play a major role. Devotion is the key.

Our daily religion is a combination of all the philosophies. Purva Mimansa by ritual, Vedanta in belief and Bhakti in practice.

In Kali Yuga, Bhakti is the best marga for attaining salvation.

Walt Whitman

Dear Friends,

Walt Whitman is a part of American transcendentalism and has written a poem titiled "Song of Myself". I am copying here the 48th and the 49th stanzas of his 52 stanza poem. This is very pertinent to what we are discussing here:

I have said that the soul is not more than the body,
And I have said that the body is not more than the soul,
And nothing, not God, is greater to one than one's self is,
And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own
funeral drest in his shroud,
And I or you pocketless of a dime may purchase the pick of the
earth,
And to glance with an eye or show a bean in its pod confounds the
learning of all times,
And there is no trade or employment but the young man following it
may become a hero,
And there is no object so soft but it makes a hub for the wheel'd
universe,
And I say to any man or woman, Let your soul stand cool and composed
before a million universes.

And I say to mankind, Be not curious about God,
For I who am curious about each am not curious about God,
(No array of terms can say how much I am at peace about God and
about death.)

I hear and behold God in every object, yet understand God not in the
least,
Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself.

Why should I wish to see God better than this day?
I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four, and each moment
then,
In the faces of men and women I see God, and in my own face in the
glass,
I find letters from God dropt in the street, and every one is sign'd
by God's name,
And I leave them where they are, for I know that wheresoe'er I go,
Others will punctually come for ever and ever.

And as to you Death, and you bitter hug of mortality, it is idle to
try to alarm me.

To his work without flinching the accoucheur comes,
I see the elder-hand pressing receiving supporting,
I recline by the sills of the exquisite flexible doors,
And mark the outlet, and mark the relief and escape.

And as to you Corpse I think you are good manure, but that does not
offend me,
I smell the white roses sweet-scented and growing,
I reach to the leafy lips, I reach to the polish'd breasts of
melons.

And as to you Life I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths,
(No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.)

I hear you whispering there O stars of heaven,
O suns - O grass of graves - O perpetual transfers and promotions,
If you do not say any thing how can I say any thing?

Of the turbid pool that lies in the autumn forest,
Of the moon that descends the steeps of the soughing twilight,
Toss, sparkles of day and dusk - toss on the black stems that decay
in the muck,
Toss to the moaning gibberish of the dry limbs.
I ascend from the moon, I ascend from the night,
I perceive that the ghastly glimmer is noonday sunbeams reflected,
And debouch to the steady and central from the offspring great or
small.

If you want to read the whole poem, please go to:
http://www.princeton.edu/~batke/logr/log_026.html

Pranams,
KRS

Dear "Mr.Adiyean".,

You are perfectly right when you questioned "are we truly Brahmins". No, not in the real sense which is mentioned in our scriptures. If I am measured as per the qualifications mentioned in our Ancient Scriptures for calling one as Brahmin, I don't think I will fit in, except that I am born to a Brahmin mother and father. But we must understand the realities of the day. None of the people in other Varnas too will not fit into the same. It is because that many things have changed drastically in our Social structure, since our scriptures were written.

This is a vast subject involving History, Socialogy and Religion, I feel that this should be taken separately for discussion.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Last edited:
Dear shri adiyean ji,

As you have addressed your note to ' learned participants ' , i wish to admit that i too am illiterate of the ' teachings of the scriptures ' and would definitely love to gain mastery over it !..and thanks to the valuable contributions of Shri Nacchi, Shri Brahmanyan Shri Ranganathan and Shri KRS ji's , the day to attain this mastery is not too far !

And about your doubts about whether the Brahmin is really powerful , you don't need to have a slightest apprehension about it ! We're dynamic - Believe me ! The presence of a Brahmin amidst any group can make the others think twice before they start a conversation . We're versatile with our belief's and practices , which we have simply inherited by hear say from our fore-fathers - over five generations with six senses !

Now I shall make a brave attempt to answer some of your queries !

2. Assuming what I said is more or less true then what are the daily routines we have to follow - either the same which our ancestors taught us or something modified version which can make the younger generation to participate whole-heartedly and not just for doing as their parents/grand parents insisted ?

Now this is the same thing bothering too many youngster's - why practice something without knowing the cause and effect ! Logic is simple !
It is just one of the ways to bring the MIND under control and focussed !
The Daily sandhyavandanam is to remember GOD and to inculcate discipline and routine - time for everything - prayer also! - The Point is, When the SUN and MOON perform their duties each day , undeterred , the humans should also live a principled life with some discipline ! and of course the pranayama is the breathing exercise ! SO when something is beneficial , why STOP IT ?? --- definitely not worth !

3. What is the "Power of Brahmins" by the way? In the Indian History when & where they have exhibited such power ?

Brahmins have always been exhibiting their power's in their own small way ! Me at my job , you at your's . When I bring a change in someone's thought process and develop positive attitude in him , I feel that I have accomplished something !

This thread is perhaps a ' Wild Quest ' into knowing the right prescriptions for the Young Brahmin - so called as Shri Brahmanyan ji mentioned - Being born from Brahmin parents !

No-one is hurt by your questions as it is mentioned earlier, in so many threads that ' You can shoot the messages and the meanings they convey until you are done with the gun powder , but Savdan ! - Don't shoot the person who is posting !"

Have a great Day ! join hands by contributing more , let us get to know the Power of Brahmins in Megawatts !

Regards,
Adiyean

Last edited:
Dear Sri. Brahmanyan,
Namaskaram ! My best wishes to all the members of TamilBrahmins Forum for Deepavali and other seasons' Greetings.
Regarding your reply I am grateful for your kind words and reply. But I am not satisfied with the answer. Please forgive me - may be I have to try better in expressing my doubts.

My question was:
1. . Are we truely Brahmins ??

Your kind reply was:( Leaving the part of your text which said No to my question honestly)
But we must understand the realities of the day. None of the people in other Varnas too will not fit into the same. It is because that many things have changed drastically in our Social structure, since our scriptures were written.
This is a vast subject involving History, Socialogy and Religion, I feel that this should be taken separately for discussion.

In fact I didn't want a direct reply of Yes or No to my question as I hope everybody know that we, most of us are not true brahmins. None from any Varna are true respective varna category. But as you said there are a lot of changes in social structures, in our way of life, society etc. Exactly I want to tell the same thing - the varnasrama does not truly exist now. There is no point in taking pride that we are Brahmins and we have special powers/ extra ordinary capabilities.

We are trying to unite ourselves as the ruling people branded us as Tamil Brahmins.

But I am not telling anynody to leave our "Nithya Karmas" - rather I request senior learned people of the forum to suggest practical and suitably modified karmas to our younger generation so that they will be benefitted . - I strongly believe most of the nitya karmas have scientific basis in maintaining both physical and mental health (May be spiritual health also !!!) - Like the pranayamam & meditation which form core part of our Nitya Karma have become so popular ( Vazga Swami Ramdev ) because they are really beneficial.
So I hope the main focus of the forum - i.e. Uniting the TamBrahms , making younger ones to be aware of the beneficial part of Nitya Karmas, encouraging them to follow practically possible things in practical ways, helping them to maintain their self esteem, helping in their career, keeping vital moral values intact etc - to be given utmost importance in addition to various knowledge based threads - my humble request to administrators Please!: Target better - for involving more youngsters as this media is more popular and powerful in that aspect.

With best regards,

Adiyean

Thanks a lot Vijisesh Ji

Dear Vijisesh ji,
I have posted some silly stuff without seeing your reply ( I have started before you started replying) . Thanks for your kind encouragement, nice and powerful answers. Before I reply in detail I want to tell you one thing:
Brahmins have always been exhibiting their power's in their own small way ! Me at my job , you at your's . When I bring a change in someone's thought process and develop positive attitude in him , I feel that I have accomplished something ! - These are your words.
I myself have changed a few people - in their life style , in their attitude (of course in the positive sense). If you consider this as a power - then thanks to you for realising my power.

Once again with best regards,

Adiyean

You lier! It should take for ever to dial Infinity!! Therefore you couln't have!!

Dear Sri Adiyean,

Several posters have answered you question in different ways.

Here are my views.

I am relatively a new member with least knowledge of scriptures , sastras etc. I have some basic doubts which I would like to raise in this thread hoping to get some explanation.
1. Are we truely Brahmins ?? ( I offer my unconditional instant apology if any body get hurt by my silly questions)
I have read somewhere that
" Janmana Jaayate Sudhra, Karmana Jaayate Dwija, Vedapadaanthu Vibranaam
BrahmaGnanthu Brahmanaah! " ( excuse me for any errors in sanskrit)
I hope the meaning is explicit - not to explain much. Dwijans are the proffessionals - Hope Shatriyas and Vaishyas in those days. But in present world most of the people including myself are Vaishyas - my humble opinion.
The same reference ( I remember some Gorakhpur Gita press Publications BOOK which I read some 15 years ago) indicates that " Who is a Brahmin ? and what are his duties?
I remember that the author was quoting Manu Shastra and explaining different Vridhis( or Vriththi - meaning Proffession) of a brahmin and the persons who were not following those were not brahmins. I am not describing them in detail now. But one thing I remember it was stated in that "the person who keeps/saves something (materialistic things) for tomorrow/future can't be a Brahmin" -

Yes. We as a caste/varna group have moved away from several prescriptions. But we have had a history of people who have been spiritual doyens to different degrees. So while we are caught in the present day circumstances I believe that each of us has the POTENTIAL to be true Brahmins. Simply because we find ourselves in social conditions that we consciously did not design in today's context it does not mean that we should lose the will power to go after spiritual growth. (I also happen to believe that spiritual growth will bring with it material growth and prosperity and this is why ancient Indians dedicated a separate occupation - i.e., praying for the community (traditional role of Brahmins) so that all will be well).

I thought here in this forum we are united under "Tamil Brahmins" Tag due to forcible circumstances ( Like social Bashing, reservation etc.) and not that we are True Brahmins of TamilNadu Origin - Am I Correct ??? - Kindly any body explain if otherwise

Yes. We are here together because of political marginalization. And we are trying to unite ourselves religiously, ideologically and perhaps spiritually. We are also trying to provide material help to those of our community members that need it.

As to being "true brahmins" - we are all that is left - whether we like it or not.

And we are here to see what we can do from our current position.

I don't believe that any one person here is an "acharya" enough to prescribe something for the entire community.

What I think is do-able is to pick one practice - deem it workable or not, decide how to go about it and see if we have a consensus on it. Then go to the next practice.

Why wait for things to "happen" or for someone to come along to "tell us what to do"? We should start by doing the best we can using the available resources to us.

The power of Brahmins (in olden times) was strictly equated to their spiritual prowess. The ability to transcend dictates of human whim and exercise complete mastery over one's ego, habits and needs to such an extent as to be able to act according to conscience (voice of God) always.

This is what made the Brahmin truly free.

The Brahmin did not want riches of the world because he did not want to be enslaved by them. S/he opted for a simple living. This is frequently misunderstood as poverty.

The Brahmin was one who practiced true freedom - the courage, strength and fortitude to abide by the Truth always. S/he was not a weakling governed by shackling habits that interefered with his/her decision to do the right thing. By implication a good Brahmin was above pettiness, above partisanship and was extremely courageous morally.

I believe these are qualities that we can follow even today.

Regards,
Adiyean

Regards,
Chintana

The Power of Brahmins

Dear Sri KRSji,

I refer to your quotation from Walt Whitman's ' song of myself'. Its quite good.
Yet I would request you to go through Coleridge's " Ancient Mariner" where
the oneness of creation is vividly described. As a matter of fact, all the
lyrical ballads reflect the philosophy propounded in Vedanta.

Last edited:
Dear Chinthana,

It's better to be silly and to correct a person , getting him into the right track rather than hurting him with the remarks !
Poster's do have that option , I believe !

Pl .Look into the earlier postings before u put up a remark like this one !
( Take this comment on the lighter side , as done by Sri Rama ji - Life's not too serious all the time !

Thanks and Regards

Vijisesh,

What is this silliness all about? Why are you asking for telephone numbers to dial God?

Chintana

Dear Sri N.R.Ranganathan Ji,

I am quite familiar with the 'Ryme of the Ancient Mariner', as I was tortured to learn it in my English course during my Bachelors in India. It is quite allegorical, and in a way talks about mysticism in Christianity.

For our topic at hand I thought that Walt Whitman's work would be more suitable, as he is addressing how one should fashion one's life in the physical world, irrespective of one's belief in Advaitha, Visishtadwaitha or Dwaitha.

A very simple rhyme I always think of to pattern our lives after is this:

"Row, row your boat gently down the stream;
Merrily, merrily, life is but a dream'

So, it goes.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Sri KRSji,

I refer to your quotation from Walt Whitman's ' song of myself'. Its quite good.
Yet I would request you to go through Coleridge's " Ancient Mariner" where
the oneness of creation is vividly described. As a matter of fact, all the
lyrical ballads reflect the philosophy propounded in Vedanta.

Dear Vijisesh,

The maroon italics below...

Dear Chinthana,

It's better to be silly and to correct a person , getting him into the right track rather than hurting him with the remarks !
Poster's do have that option , I believe !

I didn't get the sense you were 'correcting' anybody - your comment seemed odd in the middle of what looked like a serious discussion.

Pl .Look into the earlier postings before u put up a remark like this one !

What makes you think I didn't look at the entire thread before posting my remarks? I did ask you what the silliness was all about - that only meant I didn't understand your sense of humor - not that I didn't read the threads.
Assumptions...assumptions...assumptions...

( Take this comment on the lighter side , as done by Sri Rama ji - Life's not too serious all the time !

I interjected only after Sri Ramaa addressed you as a liar. I couldn't make out whether he was saying in jest or whether he was being serious.

Thanks and Regards

Thanks and please don't assume I don't read the postings before I respond.

Regards,
Chintana.

P.S. In general I don't understand your sense of humor. As long as other posters are not bothered by it I have no problems. But if they use words like "liar" etc., I will wonder what is happening and that wonderment will translate into some kind of intervention.

Last edited:
Dear Sow.Chintana/Sri Vijisesh,

The very fact that I asked Sri Vijisesh to dial infinity is humour in itself. And everything else followed the pattern and I thought people could lol for a change. However i realize I could have crossed a line inadvertantly with the Arbitrator for which I am sorry.

Regards,

The word 'Arbitrator' is a wrong word. It should be read 'Administrator'. Sorry again!

Dear Sri Ramaa,

I too wish to confess that I am the primary reason behind pushing you to making the statement " dial infinity " !
Actually I really felt bad and i should have restricted your response to the numbers available in the dial pad !
Sorry for this and that !
let us make this a TRULY CONFESSION thread , Forget the subject on hand !!
Sometimes Humour becomes Horror , u know !!
Thanks anyway !

Dear Sri Ramaa & Vijisesh,

As long as both of you are comfortable with your exchanges I am fine.

Please continue the discussion.

Regards,
Chintana

Hi! Poster's,

Feels good to be back after Deepavali celebrations !

Although some of the earlier messages / exchanges in this thread may not seem to be convincingly pertaining to the subject on hand , it does not imply that this thread should also have it's end now and the pains taken by the key contributing personnel till date , should go down the drain !

Poster's , wake up ! Arise awake and stop not till your goal is reached !

While I summarize the salient points posted by all in this thread , in the mean time,
it is hereby requested that " All Honorable , Distinctive , Proud and Valiant contributors in this thread "should continue posting !! with a blast , after taking a portion of Deepavali Lehiyam !!

Last edited:
The Power of Brahmins

Respected Mr.Vijisesh,

On the 3rd and 4th Nov, 07, I posted my humble views on the pathway to
liberation through Gnana marga, albeit a very brief one. It was not a full
treatise but just an introduction.

It is 'desire' which ultimately brings misery and unhappiness. Since the
unfulfilled desire brings kroda ( anger ), Lord Krishna says Kama and krodha
pushes us into the sea of births and deaths. We will have to liberate
ourselves from this cycle of births and deaths. Moksha does not mean that
we have to go to some other world to enjoy it; we can have it here itself
and whilst still in this body, which is the status of a Jivanmukta.

By viveka ( discrimination ) and vairagya, we can identify those things that
are impermanent and stay away from them and set on the royal path of
self-enquiry and attain self-realization.

But, then, it is not easy for all to practise Gnana marga. Therefore, we
will seek the other path, namely Bakthi marga. As Bhagawan Ramana used
to say, ' If you find it difficult to do self-enquiry (' Naan-yaar' - Who am I ?),
then surrender to Iswara. Then it is for Iswara to take care of the rest.'

Narada Bakthi Sutra says : 'saa thvasmin parama premaroopa'. and
' amrithaswarupa cha'. The unparallelled pure love of God is Bakthi and
it is like a nectar and is eternal.

How do we get away from our attachment to worldly things; Saint
Tiruvalluvar shows us the way :

பற்றுக பற்றற்றான் பற்றினை அப்பற்றைப்
பற்றுக பற்று விடற்கு.

அதாவது பற்றில்லாதவனாகிய கடவுளை மட்டும் பற்றிக்கொள்ள
வேண்டும். மற்ற பற்றுகளை விடுவதற்கு இந்தப் பற்றைப் பற்றிக்-
கொள்ளவேண்டும். இபபடி செய்து வந்தால், அந்நிலை பிறவித்
துன்பத்தை ஒழிக்கும் என்கிறார் வள்ளுவர் :

பற்றற்ற கண்ணே பிறப்பறுக்கும் மற்று
நிலையாமை காணப்படும்.

இது வேண்டும், அது வேண்டும் என்று கேட்பது பக்தி ஆகாது. அது
வியாபாரம். கடவுளிடம் காரணமேயில்லாத பக்தியை வளர்த்துக்-
கொள்ளவேண்டும். பகவான் ஸ்ரீ கிருஷ்ணர் ஸ்ரீ பகவத் கீதையில்
கூறியிருப்பது :
பக்த்யா மாம் அபிஜானாதி யாவான் யச்சாசஸ்மி தத்வத:
ததோ மாம் தத்வதோ ஜ்ஞாத்வா விசதே தத் அனந்தரம். ( 18.55 )

ஒருத்தன் என்னிடம் பக்தி செலுத்தி கொண்டே வந்தால், நான் யார்,
எப்படிப்பட்டவன் என்று தெரிந்துகொள்கிறான். அப்படி என்னைத்
தெரிந்துகொண்டபின், எனக்கு வேறாக இல்லாமல் என்னுள்ளேயே
புகுந்துவிடுகிறான் என்று அர்த்தம்.

இந்த பக்தியில் இரண்டு விதம் உண்டு. ஒன்று குரங்கு குட்டி முறை,
இதை மர்க்கட கிசோர நியாயம் என்பர்கள். இரண்டாவது பூனைக்குட்டி
முறை, இதை மார்ஜார கிசோர நியாயம் என்பார்கள். குரங்கு பிடி
என்பார்களே, அது மாதிரி பக்தர்கள் கடவுளைக் கெட்டியாகப் பிடித்துக்-
கொள்வது மர்க்கட விதம். தாய் குரங்கு தாவிச் சென்றாலும், குட்டி
தாயைக் கெட்டியாகப் பிடித்து கொள்ளுவதைப் போல பக்தர்களும்
கடவுளைக் கெட்டியாகப் பிடித்துக்கொள்வார்கள். மாணிக்கவாசகர்
சொல்வது போல, ' சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன்'. அப்படிப் பிடித்துக்கொண்-
டேயிருந்தால், பகவானும் பக்தி வலையில் விழுந்துவிடுவான் -
' பக்தி வலையில் படுவோன்' என்கிறார் சிவ புராணத்தில்.

மார்ஜார கிசோரத்தில், பக்தர்கள் பகவான் விட்ட வழி என்று அவரைச்
சரணடைந்து இருப்பார்கள். தாய் பூனை குட்டியை வாயில் கவ்விக்-
கொண்டு தூக்கிக்கொண்டுச் செல்லும். குட்டி தன் முயற்சியின்று
தாய் விட்ட வழி என்று இருக்கும், அது போல.

பகவான் ஸ்ரீ ராமர் விபீஷ்ணன் சரணாகதி அடையும்போது சொல்கிறார்.

ஸக்ருதேவ ப்ரபன்னாய தவாஸ்மீதி ச யாசதே
அபயம் ஸர்வ பூதேப்யோ ததாமி ஏதத் வ்ரதம் மம.

அதாவது யார் சரணம் என்று வந்தாலும், அவனை ரக்ஷிப்பதே என்
கடமை என்கிறார் ஸ்ரீ ராமர்.

சரணாகதி பூரணமாக இருக்கவேண்டும். தாயுமானவரின் பக்தியைப்
பாருங்கள் :

எல்லா முனடிமையே எல்லா முனுடைமையே
எல்லா முனுடைய செயலே.

அபிராமி பட்டரின் பக்தியும் இதைப்போலவே உள்ளது :

நன்றே வருகினும் தீதே விளைகினும் நான் அறிவ
தொன்றேயும் இல்லை உனக்கே பரம்எனக் குள்ளவெல்லாம்
அன்றே உனதென் றளித்துவிட்டேன் அழியாதகுணக்
குன்றே அருட்கட லேஇமவான்பெற்ற கோமளமே. ( அபிராமி அந்தாதி )

பட்டர் தம்மிடம் ஒன்றும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளவில்லை. எல்லாவற்றை-
யும் ஜகன்மாதாவிடம் அர்ப்பணித்துவிட்டார். இதுதான் ஆத்மார்ப்பணம்.

திருவாசகத்தில், மணிவாசகர் தம்மை சிவனிடம் ஒப்படைத்துவிடுகி-
றார் : " அன்றே யென்ற னாவியும் உடலுமுடைமையெல்லாமும்,
குன்றே யனையாய் என்னை யாட்கொண்டபோதே கொண்டிலையோ,
இன்றோ ரிடையூ றெனக்குண்டோ எண்டோண் முக்க ணேம்மானே,
நன்றே செய்வாய் பிழை செய்வாய் நானோ இதற்கு நாயகமே "

" காதலாகிக் கசிந்து கண்ணீர் மல்கி " என்கிறார் ஞான சம்பந்தர். பகவானிடம்
வைக்கும் அன்பே காதல்.

ஸ்ரீ ஆதி சங்கர பகவத்பாதாள் பக்திக்கு ஐந்து லக்ஷணங்கள் கூறுகிறார்:
1.ஏறழிஞ்சல் மரத்தின் விதை. இந்த விதை தானாகவே மரத்தில்
போய் சேர்ந்துகொள்ளும். 2.ஊசியும் இரும்பு காந்தக்கல்லும். 3.
பதிவிரதையும் அவளுடைய பதியும் 4. மரமும் அதனின் கொடி
யும் 5. நதியும் ஸமுத்திரமும். ( சிவானந்த லஹரி ). பக்தனுக்கு
பகவானிடம் உள்ள ப்ரேமை இவ்வாறு இருக்கவேண்டும் என்று
சொல்கிறார்.

வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் ஆத்ம ஸமர்ப்பணமாக இருக்கவேண்டும்.
நாம் செய்வதெல்லாம் பகவானுக்கு அர்ப்பணமாக இருக்கவேண்டும்.
பகவத் பாதாள் சொல்கிறார் :

ஆத்மா த்வம் கிரிஜா மதி: ஸஹசரா:ப்ராணா: சரீரம் க்ருஹம்
பூஜா தே விஷ யோப-போக-ரசநா நித்ரா ஸமாதி ஸ்திதி :
ஸ்ஞ்சார்: பதயோ: ப்ரதக்ஷிணவிதி: ஸ்தோத்ராணி ஸ்ர்வா கிரோ
யத்-யத் கர்ம கரோமி தத்-தத்-அகிலம் சம்போ தவாராதனம்.

பகவத்பாதாள் சொல்கிறார் - பரமேஸ்வரா, நீயே என் ஆத்மா. பார்வதி
தேவி என் மனஸ். என்னுடைய பஞசப்ராணன்களே உன்னுடைய கணங்கள்.
என் சரீரமே உன் கோவில்.என்னுடைய விஷய அனுபவங்களே உன் பூஜை.
என் தூக்கம் ஸமாதி நிலை. ஸஞ்சரிப்பது உனக்கு செய்யும் ப்ரதக்ஷிணம்.
பேசுவதெல்லாம் உன் ஸ்தோத்திரம். நான் செய்யும் காரியங்களெல்லாம்
உனக்கு செய்யும் ஆராதனையே.

இது மாதிரி இன்னொரு ஸ்லோகம் 'ஸெளந்தர்ய லஹரி' யில் இருக்கிறது.
" ஜபோ ஜல்ப: சில்பம் ஸகலம் அபி முத்ரா விரசநா......... விலஸிதம் "
நாம் பண்ணும் சகல காரிய்ங்களும் அம்பாளுக்கு அர்ப்பணம் செய்துவிட-
வேண்டும். இதில் ஆத்மார்ப்பணத்ருசா என்று ஒரு வார்த்தை இருக்கிறது.
இதுதான் பரிபூரண சரணாகதி.

ஞானத்தில் போனால் மனோநாசம். சரணாகதியில் நம் மனதே இல்லாத நிலை.
இரண்டும் உச்சக் கட்டத்தில் ஒன்றுதான்.

Last edited:
Power of Brahmins

I would like to suggest that reference to the Purush Sukta (with its translation to ones own language) would give an idea about the creation of the world and the living and non living beings there in. To my understanding, the creation was not done with any discrimination. However, when the sages wanted to organise the world society, they wanted the men to live together as a system ideally as the anatomical function of a human being. Hence, it was a consensus amongst the sages that the society should function as a fool proof system as a human body functions. accordingly fhe function of the head was given to some viz the brahmanas, that of the arms to another group of people viz the kshatriyas, that of the movements ( thighs ) to the vaisyas and that of the feet to the Sudras. Each group since had distinct functions they were taught to discipline their life in such a way to perform their ordained work in a befitting manner.
Regarding the brahmins, they are not to boss over others but are to work ( more with their brain and other sense organs) and to be sensitive to the needs of the society with out any discrimination what so ever.
If one could read manu smirti and other smritis the humble way of life prescribed for a brahmins can be well understood.
I like to conclude, for the time being, by saying that we can set ourself a good example to the world by stricltly adhering to our task ordained in the darma sastras ( viz the smritis) and upholding our culture so far handed down to us by our anscesters.
Let us not call ourself as the supreme beings which will not be welcome by others. Instead our thoughts, words and actions when are pure, others will regard us and perhaps call us supreme too, as they had done so in the past yugas.
MY God lead us to the light of knowledge and show the path of dharma.
Yours sincerely
kannan

Let us not call ourself as the supreme beings which will not be welcome by others. Instead our thoughts, words and actions when are pure, others will regard us and perhaps call us supreme too, as they had done so in the past yugas.
MY God lead us to the light of knowledge and show the path of dharma.
Yours sincerely
kannan

Welcome Mr.Kannan,

Good thoughts ! but a few of them in my opinion are Re-active than
pro-active !
Let me explain - i am certain about the fact that the Brahmins are indeed superior and this is a well known fact between you, me and the others.
They feel superior within themselves , coming from such a community !

And To accomplish something against odds facing the Brahmins , one needs to have the ' Killer Instinct '. When you can bear atrocities over generations, when you are not given the right kind of respect , show the world what you are capable of - at the right time !

Take all the time in the world to plan your assault ! , in a satvic manner !
-------that's what we're doing here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back