• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maya - Captivating Power

Renuka I agree. That it is optional. But some people do find it helpful. Some go on their own as I did. But I have this spontaneous feeling my knowledge can be helpful.

It would be immensely so especially because society is steeped in darkness. You may say that science and technology are improving leaps and bounds. But no one can truly deny the quality of life has actually degraded and concern for others has dramatically decreased. To top it all people have started saying it is wrong to have concern for others. What a fall! This will have repercussions definitely.

People should be left alone to chose their path but not at the cost of others or the society.
Ok..since it was spontaneous for you..it might be so for another.

We can all start small.
1) tend to personal spirituality first
2) tend to spirituality of spouse and kids.
3)tend to needs of parents/ in laws/relatives.
4)love thy neighbor
5)do your work / duty / obligation well
6) pay your taxes
7) do seva activities

These steps are actually enough.

I have been deterred to do two things, one is thinking and instead just be and the other is caring for others, two things that define humans. Why I am being deterred?

It is in the interests of many people that the less privileged should continue to be so and be under the control of the former. Once they are made to think and get genuine help it poses a threat to the priveleged. Corruption and all the wrong things have been institutionalised and they want to carry on that way.

It is high time people not only understand this but start acting against this for their own and legitimate interests.

A digression from maya proper but the illusion created by these politicians and other elite is a very good practical study of maya.

Ok..since it was spontaneous for you..it might be so for another.

We can all start small.
1) tend to personal spirituality first
2) tend to spirituality of spouse and kids.
3)tend to needs of parents/ in laws/relatives.
4)love thy neighbor
5)do your work / duty / obligation well
6) pay your taxes
7) do seva activities

These steps are actually enough.
Why don't you say that to the politician who thinks otherwise and swindles public money without impunity and to all those who are in the business of self aggrandizement and self projection?

You fail to understand the point. These people obstruct normal functioning of society. It is inevitable that there will be a counter force against this to bring back the balance. That is the larger point.

Why don't you say that to the politician who thinks otherwise and swindles public money without impunity and to all those who are in the business of self aggrandizement and self projection?

You fail to understand the point. These people obstruct normal functioning of society. It is inevitable that there will be a counter force against this to bring back the balance. That is the larger point.
To handle politicians you dont need spirituality.
That needs tough draconian laws or non ahimsa methods.

What is the ultimate goal - liberation from the cycle of birth and death - or fall deeper into the samsara. What. Is manefest world and the very body made of flesh And blood which is perishable. Is maya and the truth is within oneself which has no birth and death, the fire cannot burn it, the water cannot affect it, the pure ananda and one has to look within. Getting entangled in the maya one has forgotten ones identity and takes birth after birth. It is not necessary one is born as human being or in the bharat desha or in a brahmin family. There are 84 lacs of being , human, animals, vegetation , mammals and so many other form. If one has been given the opportunity to progress in the path of liberation it should be considered as blessing and ones karma of earlier birth.

Narada when he met shrikrisha expressed his desire to witness loards maya. While they where walking in the dessert krishna asked narada to get some water ss he was feeling thirsty. Narada went in search of water and he found a village nearby and requested the headman for some water. The head man asked his daughter to give him water. .but narada was attracted by the lady and wanted tk marry her. The villager agreed for the proposal
Nar ada was having good time and they had many children. Suddenly there was a storm and the flood water washed away everything including his family. Unable to bear the loss he started to cry loudly. Suddenly he heard s sound, narada where is the water I am thirsty. Suddenly narada found standing beside krishna and he realised it was all loards maya.

Maya has two illusion creating capabilities. One is through projection of illusion and the other is the veiling of reality. External world is the projection of illusion and the prevention of understanding that external world is an illusion is the veiling of reality.

Maya has two illusion creating capabilities. One is through projection of illusion and the other is the veiling of reality. External world is the projection of illusion and the prevention of understanding that external world is an illusion is the veiling of reality.
Vivekachudamani covers this
Vikshepa and Avarana Shakti.

Sravna, dont bother about the projection or the veil.

Focus on God and..." So we removed your veil from you ( Quran 50.22)

Vivekachudamani covers this
Vikshepa and Avarana Shakti.

Sravna, dont bother about the projection or the veil.

Focus on God and..." So we removed your veil from you ( Quran 50.22)
Maya is also equal God Renuka. She makes us learn through creating illusions. So she plays the first part in learning and the second part played by saguna brahman aspect when we actually see the truth. Both are important.

The physical and mental world with all its logic and laws is Her creativity. It takes one whole universe life time to decode them.

Maya is also equal God Renuka. She makes us learn through creating illusions. So she plays the first part in learning and the second part played by saguna brahman aspect when we actually see the truth. Both are important.
Maya is NOT Brahman.
Its a projection of Brahman.

No doubt existence is a maze that we all try to learn and then unlearn in order to by pass it..but there is no actual need to glorify or degrade Maya.
Maya itself isnt permenant.
Why focus on something unreal?

Without maya can there be physical reality? Also maya inheres in brahman. Otherwise where else maya comes from? If maya inheres in brahman it has to be brahman because brahman is non dual.

I am using the idea of Maya due to Sankara but reconciling it with Brahman which it will not otherwise and which was the focus of attack of Ramanujacharya.

I am using the idea of Maya due to Sankara but reconciling it with Brahman which it will not otherwise and which was the focus of attack of Ramanujacharya.
You might like this.
It doesnt talk of a projection called Maya though ...

" Glory be upon Him who is hidden by that which is none other than Himself"---
Ibn Arabi

Yes! Love it!
So you see how beautifully Ibn Arabi explains it?

We know he means Maya, but he doesnt seperate it from God, being a Muslim he cant give God any projections as its not in line with " There is none worthy of worship but God"

So this is what I am saying..that Maya is but Brahman's projectile power..in other words Brahman too..but just focus on Brahman.
You may know that Maya exists but no need to dwell on it.

If you feel Maya is a teacher..Brahman is the actual " teacher"..Maya are the lessons..so do the lessons and go back to Brahman as the Supreme Guru.

You might like this.
It doesnt talk of a projection called Maya though ...

" Glory be upon Him who is hidden by that which is none other than Himself"---
Ibn Arabi
So you see how beautifully Ibn Arabi explains it?

We know he means Maya, but he doesnt seperate it from God, being a Muslim he cant give God any projections as its not in line with " There is none worthy of worship but God"

So this is what I am saying..that Maya is but Brahman's projectile power..in other words Brahman too..but just focus on Brahman.
You may know that Maya exists but no need to dwell on it.

If you feel Maya is a teacher..Brahman is the actual " teacher"..Maya are the lessons..so do the lessons and go back to Brahman as the Supreme Guru.
No Renuka can't separate teacher, knowledge and taught in nirguna brahman reality.

I thoroughly admire Maya. I want its power to pulverize and annihilate the most powerful, the power to make the most obstinate see reason, the power to make the most prejudicial fair and just and the power to make the most innocent, subtle and sophisticated. In other words I want to accomplish the impossible but in a dharmic way and I know it is possible if I focus on maya. Krishna did it through his focus on higher dharma.

The direct approach of truth, honesty etc will not work against the inveterate evil population.

Latest ads

Back