• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The end of Donald Trump for US Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Raysundar,

Have you read my post clearly & understood it ??.

First off, I have compared “people’s reaction” to 2 different anti-heros, NOT the anti-heroes themselves.

Second, Are you a Hindu ?, have you read Mahabharatham at all ? what do you think Karna is accused of??? Sexual Assault? & what is Trump accused of???? So it is correct to compare both of them on “this specific issue”!!

Third, your comment that Karna is noble & righteous proves my case!!. Why would you call a sexual assaulter as noble & righteous ???

Lastly have you seen women crying openly in trump rallies???, why would women do that given the terrible comments he made in the video ????

People need to learn to use their own brains, analyze each situation & arrive at their own conclusions, instead of getting carried away by emotions & media frenzy !!

People need to learn to use their own brains, analyze each situation & arrive at their own conclusions, instead of getting carried away by emotions & media frenzy !!
No emotional attachments.
I was just perplexed that you predicted a Trump victory based on emotions of people siding with Trump for various reasons.
Ultimately after all is said and done, I believe at least in America judgment will prevail not corruption or foul play during elections.
Unlike in India where emotions do seem to play a major role along with corruption and foul play during elections.

Not true !!. why do you think many people voted for Obama ??? They wanted to see the first African American to be the president. So that was not based on judgment on who is the best to rule !!

Emotions are always in play whether it is America or India !!

Many people hate hillary, they would rather not vote at all, than to see her win. so that is again not based on judgment, but on emotions !!

Donald Trump found himself ahead in three national polls Friday morning.

The Republican nominee held a lead of 1 point in the Investors Business Daily/TIPP tracking poll over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in a four-way race that included Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson and Green Party nominee Jill Stein. Trump held a 41% to 40% advantage in the poll.
Trump also held a 2-point lead in the right-leaning Rasmussen poll, also in a four-way race, where he had a 43% to 41% edge over Clinton.
And in a two-way race, the LA Times/USC tracking poll found him up 45% to 44% over the former secretary of state.
Trump has traditionally fared better in those three polls than in others conducted during the cycle.
He's still trailing by a considerable amount in the RealClearPolitics polling averages. In the four-way race, he trails Clinton by 6 points. In a two-way race, he is behind Clinton by 6.3 points.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Donald-Trump-has-a-small-lead-in-3-national-polls/articleshow/54980896.cms

Last edited:
Some more things to consider when you analyze which way this election will swing – ,

Huge media bias against Trump is leading to a sympathy wave for him.
Trump supporters are more virulent, cult-like & they will definitely vote for him.
Wikileaks is continuing to poison the minds of Bernie’s supporters, so they will vote for Trump or abstain from voting completely..
Some Hillary white voters will get swayed by Trump on key issues like immigration.
Many voters who identified with Clinton during poll surveys just to be seen as not racist, will vote for him.

Trump supporters distrust media so much, there is no way, they will answer the polls correctly.

So most of the polls may be wrong – including the ones where Trump is leading by 1 or 2 points, since the trump supporters do not trust the media at all.

Most of the whites in US are racist at some level, so they will in large nos. vote for Trump !!

Hence a trump landslide is very much possible !!

Hence a trump landslide is very much possible !!
Jaykay,'
Are you a citizen of USA or are you simply trying to wind me up with your Trump victory predictions? There are a lot of foreign powers that would love to see the chaos created by a Trump presidency. Russia and WikiLeaks founder (an Australian) seem to be a couple of those. India was opposed to America during the Vietnam era calling them as meddlers in foreign countries. So was China. But today both India and China are enjoying great trade relations with USA.

[h=1]Professor with Remarkable Track Record Predicts a Trump Election Win[/h]
Saturday on Fox & Friends, Tucker Carlson sat down with a college professor with a remarkable record of predicting election outcomes.
Professor Helmut Norpoth, from Stony Brook University in New York State, has correctly predicted the outcomes of the last five presidential elections.
This year, he steadfastly believes Donald Trump will win the election.
Norpoth said he uses two "models" to make his prediction:
One is the "primary" model, where he compares a candidate's strength in their respective primaries.
"The candidate who does better in his party's primary beats the other guy who does less well," Norpoth said.
Looking at New Hampshire and South Carolina's primaries, Norpoth projected that Trump would be the general election favorite because of the strength of his showing, versus Hillary Clinton.
The second model he created is called the "swing of the pendulum" model.
Watch the full clip in URL to find out how he compared Trump and Clinton in that way, and let us know what you think in the comments.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/22/trump-will-win-election-professor-long-track-record-predicts

[h=2]Who will win the presidency?[/h]

• [*=center]

[*=center]

Chance of winning
clinton-alligator.png

Hillary Clinton
[FONT=&quot]86.2%

Donald Trump[FONT=&quot]13.8%
trump-alligator.png

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Americans are adventurous people. They love a lot to take risks. It is my gut feeling Donald Trump will win with comfortable majority.
Brahmnyan
Bangalore.

It is my gut feeling Donald Trump will win with comfortable majority.
Brahmnyan
Bangalore.
I really don't know why Indians are rooting for Trump. His presidency will affect the trade relations with India. Quotas for immigration will make it harder for green card jobs in US. So go ahead with your wishes. Hillary is not great but definitely not as bad as Trump.

Donald Trump found himself ahead in three national polls Friday morning.

The Republican nominee held a lead of 1 point in the Investors Business Daily/TIPP tracking poll over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in a four-way race that included Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson and Green Party nominee Jill Stein. Trump held a 41% to 40% advantage in the poll.
Trump also held a 2-point lead in the right-leaning Rasmussen poll, also in a four-way race, where he had a 43% to 41% edge over Clinton.
And in a two-way race, the LA Times/USC tracking poll found him up 45% to 44% over the former secretary of state.
Trump has traditionally fared better in those three polls than in others conducted during the cycle.
He's still trailing by a considerable amount in the RealClearPolitics polling averages. In the four-way race, he trails Clinton by 6 points. In a two-way race, he is behind Clinton by 6.3 points.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Donald-Trump-has-a-small-lead-in-3-national-polls/articleshow/54980896.cms

vganeji,

The US has a peculiar electoral system. That's why national polls don't matter. Only state by state polls do. That's because each state typically allots all its seats in the electoral college to the one who wins the popular vote within its state. Hence it is very different from getting the majority in the Lok Sabha. It is a discrete system instead of a continuous system, therefore there are more "rounding errors".

" i really don't know why Indians are rooting for Trump. His presidency will affect the trade relations with India. Quotas for immigration will make it harder for green card jobs in US. So go ahead with your wishes. Hillary is not great but definitely not as bad as Trump."

After watching three debates I wrote my view. I may be wrong. I have no other interest in Politics that too US politics.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

" i really don't know why Indians are rooting for Trump. His presidency will affect the trade relations with India. Quotas for immigration will make it harder for green card jobs in US. So go ahead with your wishes. Hillary is not great but definitely not as bad as Trump."

After watching three debates I wrote my view. I may be wrong. I have no other interest in Politics that too US politics.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
hi

this is true....AS AN US VOTER MYSELF ....many feel the same here in US...

vganeji,

"... each state typically allots all its seats in the electoral college to the one who wins the popular vote within its state.".
Not all states do that. Two states(Nebraska and Maine) still have a proportional system based on popular votes and their own electoral college. By and large the electors of a particular party do vote for their candidate in the electoral college voting. But there have been small instances where that was not true. With the strong dissent among some republicans against Trump, I am hoping that this time there may be some electors in the electoral college who do decide to vote for someone other because of their own convictions or their particular constituencies general opinions about Trump even if they are republican. Of course that may seal their fate forever as a republican. But Paul Ryan himself has given a hint that the republican electors are free to vote their heartfelt choice. That is the only deviation I am looking forward to in this election. It will be true democratic freedom at the electoral college level.

Last edited:
Yup Nebraska and Maine are the two well known exceptions; but they are just too small (electorally) to matter.

I do not feel there should be "conscience" within the electoral college. They have been selected by the voters for a very specific job (representing votes for a candidate) and they should just do that. Otherwise it is a betrayal. This is definitely not the same as the Indian parliament. The Electoral College is ephemeral.

I think when Ryan was saying vote your conscience, he was referring to regular people voters (not electoral college).

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I have always voted Republicans and BJP in my life, so I am not changing just because of Trump. He may be brash and not politically correct, but I like the fact that

- he was tough on Islamic terror
As a country point of view (US) I like what he says of illegal immigrants. I know so many my friends on H1B waiting for 10+ years for Green card now. Hillary talks of giving blanket citizenship to people who violate law (illegal). Now imagine if India is flooded with Pakistanis or Bangladeshis illegally and we give citizenship to all.
- Personally I have read many of Leaked emails. The way Hillary has conducted is unbelievable. How can she have a private server and delete emails. Why keep on bringing Syrian refugees. Why not ask Saudi to host them. Why she is collecting millions in funds from Saudis. The list is on and on and even though I woudl have liked a different republican candidate, I feel he is lesser of two evils.

We need an outsider to shae the system. The press and media are completely democratic and highly liberal so they will paint every picture to paint trump and republicans as evil. Trump has his shortcomings byt Hillary is a traitor, I believe. I have read many of her wikileaks emails. Her Clinton foundation is a gimmick. No body in press opposes her. Just like The Hindu and other newspapers are so anto BJP and pro Congress. All US universities are extreme left. Once i saw a brochure from UC Davis for major religions of India and SE Asia and they omit Hinduism. Unbelievable. Republicans won't change that but on many of idealogies I relate to them than liberals.

Why Donald Trump is winning over many American Hindus
Source : SIFY
By : The Coversation / Eviane Cheng Leidig

One strange US election fact is becoming clear: Donald Trump has become the favoured presidential candidate of some American Hindus. How and why are more complex questions. In June, I wrote about a small gathering of the Hindu Sena (Hindu Army) in Delhi performing a havan puja (religious offering) to Donald Trump. The erstwhile relatively unknown group attracted widespread media attention with its highly vocalised support of the Republican presidential candidate, in particular emphasing Trump’s views on combating “Islamic terrorism”.

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/news/why-donald...y-american-hindus-news-nri-qk1mHBghfcdic.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back