• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The end of Donald Trump for US Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple lies. I had x for breakfast, when you know full well they did not have that.

Triangulation. They'll let you in on their feelings, or gossip, about another person. This partially makes you feel special, like they are confiding in you if you are not aware of this tactic.

Stories to show their power. Anything from how they humiliated an incompetent waitress to how they yelled at an old man, or scared the crap out of the neighbor kid.

Sense of entitlement. They believe they should get the best service anywhere. They think they are the center of the universe and everyone else should recognize that and prostrate themselves to them.

Superficial charm, but this can be deceiving. Someone raised by a psychopath can exhibit this characteristic. Some extroverts can be very charming.

Need for adoration. They, like narcissists, are hollow. They cannot live without your attention, affection or adoration. Deny them that and it's crazy making.

No long term friends. Psychopaths cycle through people like most of us change our undies. They are incapable of forming reciprocal, long term relationships. They probably have no contact with their family either.

Pity party. They often will tell you how someone else has wronged them so horribly. Once they have your pity, they have you wrapped around their finger.

Sometimes what we look for online reflects our subconscious desire to introspect.

Rayji,
...incredulous, do you live in USA...
He is supporting Clinton.
Yes, incredulous!
I am slowly feeling uncomfortable about Hillary and all the fire that is burning under her feet.
Let's admit that she is a failed politician in many respects.
Travelling to the ends of the world to strike some deal is something the Secy of State of America can and should afford, since America
is the world leader on treaties with other countries.
Do I see good experience? Yes.
But, do I see positive and reformative results? No.
Yes Bernie, was right to point out that Hillary had/has vested interests with the rich and famous including Donald Trump in the past and with large corporation like Goldman Sachs.
Bernie stood for the righteous people but unfortunately he did not have Krishna, the charioteer to drive him around the battle field and advise him. It is OK to kill ones own party co-campaigner for the sake of righteousness? Which is what Bernie was trying in the primaries.
But unfortunately, evil prevails(Hillary), not the righteous(Bernie).

Lesser of two evils: yes, Hillary not Donald.
Four more years of dragging Obama: Yes.
Status Quo: Yes.
That is the sad truth of this election.

Last edited:
I am looking at who has a better chance & who among the two is less evil!
Life in America is not playing chance. You work hard and enjoy the most of what you can. I do not wish to take chances with a politician.
In the present election, however, it has literally come to that. Take a chance with Hillary and hope that her experience in politics so far will guide her in the future. She has fallen a lot and stumbled. But will she rise up and be a good player eventually?
Yes, you have to take that chance for now.

Last edited:
It is time the members realize that in real life and even in advanced, mature countries the choice is ultimately between the lesser of the two evils.
India is a mature democracy. Is it responsible and does it have an educated parliament? In India corruption is a way of life starting at the peon level and going all the way to the ministers and even the president. I have been visiting India regularly and seen most people simply say, "just pay the guy something and get it done, don't waste your time". They even chide me saying I have abandoned India and gone to live in USA, so why am I so bothered about their politics or way of life.
I am in the US and am bothered by the politics and way of life here and do wish to contribute my fair share of criticisms to what ever is wrong.
e.g. Obamacare, is badly implemented good plan.

Obamacare as you call it is actually Affordable care act.
[video=youtube_share;JZkk6ueZt-U]https://youtu.be/JZkk6ueZt-U[/video]
[h=2]ObamaCare offers a number of new benefits, rights, and protections:[/h]

Yes it can be improved, and REPUBLICANS stopped it at every juncture. And then they tried to dismantle it, repeal it 40 times. They do not want to cover 40 Million who enjoy it. Yes they will use their friends in Insurance industry to scuttle it. Hopefully Hil will save it and improve it.

I wish you will take some time to read it properly. It may not impact you personally but look at the bigger picture. It has helped my employees tremendously. But then again I live in a progressive state, and not in the red state.

Life in America is not playing chance. You work hard and enjoy the most of what you can. I do not wish to take chances with a politician.
In the present election, however, it has literally come to that. Take a chance with Hillary and hope that her experience in politics so far will guide her in the future. She has fallen a lot and stumbled. But will she rise up and be a good player eventually?
Yes, you have to take that chance for now.

There is no "taking chance with Hillary". It is known exactly what you will get: status quo. You say dragging four more years of Obama. In my opinion, that would be a good thing. No other President had a better 8 years in the recent past.

Hillary is not going to better, but hopefully she won't be much worse.

Before Obamacare, individual insurance policies often offered bare bones coverage with high deductibles and many exclusions. Now insurers must offer comprehensive coverage and can no longer deny applicants because of pre-existing medical conditions, both of which have raised the monthly cost.
As for annual premium increases for Obamacare plans, they vary widely. Some insurers imposed double-digit premium increases between 2014 and 2015, but others kept their monthly charge essentially flat or even lowered a bit. But since more insurers entered the market, consumers could generally shop around for a cheaper plan.

Few people pay the full sticker price of their health plans because of subsidies.
Some 85% of the 10.2 million Obamacare enrollees receive federal subsidies, which keep their premiums to no more than 9.6% of their income.
The average subsidy in 2015 is $272 a month.Where Obamacare does hit some enrollees' wallets is through deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs.
Silver-level plans, the most popular on the exchanges, carry an average deductible of $2,900, according to HealthPocket, which analyzes insurance plans. But more than 57% of enrollees had incomes low enough to qualify for additional subsidies to reduce their out-of-pocket bills.

Since employers are required to provide insurance to an employee who works more than 30 hours per week, the fear had been that many employers would cut employee hours to below that threshold.
That hasn't happened though. According to an ADP Research Institute report, the share of the labor force working fewer than 30 hours remained virtually the same between 2013 and 2014. Same goes for workers employed 30 to 34 hours a week and more than 35 hours a week.
One reason may be that the economy has been improving. Some companies interviewed by ADP said they may increase their part-timers' hours to retain talent and reduce training costs.
As to whether employers are cutting jobs because of Obamacare, it's nearly impossible to determine from Labor Department data since the economy is recovering and adding jobs. The number of people who can only find part-time jobs has declined in recent years, signifying companies are hiring more full-time workers.

The uninsured rate among U.S. adults declined to 11.9% for the first quarter of 2015 -- down 5.2 percentage points from late 2013, just before Obamacare went into effect, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well Being Index. That's the lowest it's been since Gallup began tracking the uninsured in 2008.
In addition to the 10.2 million Obamacare enrollees, more than 12.3 million folks have joined the Medicaid rolls.
Obamacare has helped reduce the number of uninsured to 36 million in 2014, down from 48.6 million five years earlier, according to the federal National Health Interview Survey.

Health care spending is on the rise, thanks in part because more people have coverage under Obamacare.
Spending is projected to have increased by 5.5% last year, the first time the rate would exceed 5% since 2007, according to new federal data. The growth rate is expected to inch up to 5.8% annually between 2014 and 2024, in part because of increased enrollment through the exchanges and Medicaid. It's also because of the rebounding economy and the aging of the population.

Opinion is also largely divided along party lines. Some 72% of Republicans want to repeal or scale back Obamacare, while only 17% of Democrats do.
Some 52% of newly covered adults said they were better off, while only 11% said they were worse off, according to a May Commonwealth Fund survey, which polled those who obtained a policy through an exchange or have had Medicaid for less than two years.

There are several new Obamacare taxes, including ones on Americans who remain uninsured, employers with generous health insurance plans and medical device manufacturers.
Two of the provisions projected to raise the most new revenue are the additional 0.9% Medicare tax and the 3.8% levy on investment income. Both apply to individuals earning more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.
All told, the Congressional Budget Office estimates these measures will raise $1.2 trillion in revenue over 10 years.
Health reform imposed these taxes to help pay for expanding health insurance without adding to the deficit.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/05/news/economy/obamacare-facts/index.html

Obamacare has a lot of benefits that most people don't know about. That's because Americans have been hit with fifteen times more negative than positive messages about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. For more, see The Truth About Obamacare
In fact, there are three main reasons why Obamacare is good, and they are all designed to lower healthcare costs in the long run. Congress has realized that the cost of Medicare, Medicaid and employee health benefits was eating up the entire budget, and it was only getting worse.

For more, see Why Reform Health Care.
Here are the three ways the ACA intends to lower costs:

1. Make health insurance affordable.
  2. Emphasize prevention.
  3. Improve how healthcare itself is delivered.
By providing insurance for millions, making preventive care free, and changing how hospitals treat patients, more people will be treated before they need expensive emergency room care.
Why is this so crucial? A day in the hospital can cost between $2,000 to $20,000 a visit. Many people only found out they had a high-deductible plan, or a plan with a low maximum after they got the bill from the hospital. These costs are one reason that health care is the #1 cause of bankruptcy. The hospital had to declare a loss on any unpaid treatment. To make up the profit, they passed this cost onto everyone else.
It seems to be working. Between 1990 and 2008, health spending rose 7.2% a year. The recession slowed the growth of health spending to 4% annually between 2008 and 2013.

Cost are expected to rise 5.6% in 2014, but slow to 4.9% in 2015, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. (Source: Mark Landler and Michael D. Shear, “Enrollments Exceed Obama’s Target for Healthcare Act,” New York Times, April 17, 2014.)
As a result, the ACA is projected to lower the budget deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years.

In addition to reducing healthcare costs, it also shifts cost burdens to health care providers and pharmacy companies, as well as raising taxes. For more, see The True Cost of Obamacare to the Nation.
https://www.thebalance.com/benefits-of-obamacare-advantages-of-the-aca-3306066

It isn’t just the uneducated, it seems. Silicon Valley, where I live, is one of the most ethnically diverse and educated places in the world. Immigrants like me fit right in and we welcome others — of all nationalities and religions. No Silicon Valley executive, with the exception of Peter Thiel, has expressed support for Donald Trump — because his values are antithetical to what the Valley stands for.
So I was even more shaken up when one of my Indian-American friends, a successful venture capitalist, told me that he planned to vote for Trump because he will “put the Muslims in their place”. He uttered the same anti-Muslim sentiments that we hear in Trump’s tirades. I was dumbfounded that there are more people in the technology world who would vote for a person who built a platform based on racism, bigotry, and xenophobia, who couldn’t look beyond their religious biases.
Perhaps all of this shook me up because I still vividly recall the days after 9/11, when anti-Muslim hysteria was at its peak. Dark-skinned or Arab-looking people with beards (like me) became targets of angry mobs. I had refused to heed the advice of my friends to shave my beard and had angry insults hurled at me when I ventured into a small town on my way to the North Carolina coast. Two of my Sikh friends’ children were so fearful that they cut their hair and removed their turbans. Indian women who wore ceremonial “bindis” on their foreheads were disparaged and labelled “dotheads”.
Since 9/11, there have been dozens of hate crimes against Sikhs, Hindus, and Muslims. This is what happens when you stoke the flames of racism and bigotry.
Sadly, these are demons that Donald Trump has already unleashed on America — until recently one of the most open, inclusive, and tolerant countries in the world. Yes, all human beings have biases, and there has always been some racism beneath the surface. But America has been making great strides from its days of slavery and segregation. For the last five decades, to express racist views has become increasingly unacceptable.
http://www.news18.com/news/india/an...rumps-bigotry-will-leave-america-1302007.html

Hi Prasad,
In response to all your evaluations about the recent Obamacare initiatives from your perspective as an employer with several employees it seems logical and affordable.
After I retired recently I was forced to look for my medicare and healthcare for my family(Spouse+Son).
The large company I worked for did offer me their COBRA plan. It is basically the same plan that the company offered me as an employee. My monthly premiums had gone up even as an employee after Obamacare was introduced. Since I was employed I could afford the seemingly nominal increase in my share. When I looked deeper into actual costs I noticed that the company was paying more for each employee towards their share of health insurance costs per employee. Their amount runs to ~%1500 per month and my share was ~10% of that per month. Still reasonable.
As soon as I retired, the COBRA plan to cover the exact same coverage for me on medicare +for my family(spous+son) was a whopping ~$2700 per month. Is this something I can afford even with my pension from the company? Absolutely not. Most other companies have stopped the pension plans including mine, but luckily I was in the heritage plan and was saved.
I have even more stories about my experiences even as an employee and receiving bills from some testing labs.
I shopped around for Obamacare in Arizona(yes it is different for each state). I could not find anything less than ~$800 per month for my family + medicare for me separately to cover pretty much the same as what my employer had provided, but with several restrictions on it. Yes there are gold and platinum plans suitable for the wealthy retirees, but not myself or my family, an Average Middle class. Any online search always resulted in a phone call from some insurance carrier to sell me insurance quotes. Invariably any Obamacare quote would be higher than any other private insurance quote they furnished. Even the Obamacare website eventually leads me to one of these insurance phone calls and always higher premiums for Obamacare due to mandated requirements by the Govt regarding coverage. That covered a lot of things you explained. You don't get any discounts for being healthy or not going to the doctor often.
Ultimately I settled for a multi-plan insurance which is like group healthcare program with discounts at various network doctors facilities.
I still do not have coverage for any large expenses only discounts. All this does is that it is under the umbrella of IRS rules for qualified healthcare according to Obamacare guidelines. I am just biding time till my spouse is eligible for medicare, that's all. Hillary did mention this aspect during her one of her speeches in one of her rallies.
That is why I said Obamacare is a good plan in certain respects like what you have pointed but badly executed. May be it benefited you and your employees, but not the large corporation I worked for. I cannot afford the premiums they ask. Me and my spouse are both healthy and eat healthy, but are forced to have insurance to avoid tax penalties. Doctors and clinics are expensive, not to mention Hospitals where expenses can be out of this world.
Sometime I feel its better to die than live and try to get treatment at some hospitals.

Last edited:
Hi Prasad,
In response to all your evaluations about the recent Obamacare initiatives from your perspective as an employer with several employees it seems logical and affordable.
After I retired recently I was forced to look for my medicare and healthcare for my family(Spouse+Son).
The large company I worked for did offer me their COBRA plan. It is basically the same plan that the company offered me as an employee. My monthly premiums had gone up even as an employee after Obamacare was introduced. Since I was employed I could afford the seemingly nominal increase in my share. When I looked deeper into actual costs I noticed that the company was paying more for each employee towards their share of health insurance costs per employee. Their amount runs to ~%1500 per month and my share was ~10% of that per month. Still reasonable.
As soon as I retired, the COBRA plan to cover the exact same coverage for me on medicare +for my family(spous+son) was a whopping ~$2700 per month. Is this something I can afford even with my pension from the company? Absolutely not. Most other companies have stopped the pension plans including mine, but luckily I was in the heritage plan and was saved.
I have even more stories about my experiences even as an employee and receiving bills from some testing labs.
I shopped around for Obamacare in Arizona(yes it is different for each state). I could not find anything less than ~$800 per month for my family + medicare for me separately to cover pretty much the same as what my employer had provided, but with several restrictions on it. Yes there are gold and platinum plans suitable for the wealthy retirees, but not myself or my family, an Average Middle class. Any online search always resulted in a phone call from some insurance carrier to sell me insurance quotes. Invariably any Obamacare quote would be higher than any other private insurance quote they furnished. Even the Obamacare website eventually leads me to one of these insurance phone calls and always higher premiums for Obamacare due to mandated requirements by the Govt regarding coverage. That covered a lot of things you explained. You don't get any discounts for being healthy or not going to the doctor often.
Ultimately I settled for a multi-plan insurance which is like group healthcare program with discounts at various network doctors facilities.
I still do not have coverage for any large expenses only discounts. All this does is that it is under the umbrella of IRS rules for qualified healthcare according to Obamacare guidelines. I am just biding time till my spouse is eligible for medicare, that's all. Hillary did mention this aspect during her one of her speeches in one of her rallies.
That is why I said Obamacare is a good plan in certain respects like what you have pointed but badly executed. May be it benefited you and your employees, but not the large corporation I worked for. I cannot afford the premiums they ask. Me and my spouse are both healthy and eat healthy, but are forced to have insurance to avoid tax penalties. Doctors and clinics are expensive, not to mention Hospitals where expenses can be out of this world.
Sometime I feel its better to die than live and try to get treatment at some hospitals.
hi

just info...im having obamacare.....im using obama care for me/spouse/son....it has increased last year....i have silver plan...

still costly...my state doing well with obama care....

The news Trump praising Modi, India and Hindus is being aired as breaking news in Indian channels now...

Hi Prasad,
I am sorry sir for your plight. I understand the cost escalations. Unfortunately your state did not participate (that is what happens when you elect republicans).
But look at this way, what if obamacare was not implemented, would it have reduced your insurance, I DO NOT THINK SO. That is the nature of healthcare in USA.
It needs to be fixed, hopefully Clinton can fix it.

Your situation OBAMACARE or no-obamacare it would have been same. But Obamacare has helped 40 million mare people. You got to weigh the pros and cons for the greater good.
Obamacare has increased my taxes, so on personal level I do loose.

Donald Trump pledges even better ties with New Delhi, says 'big fan of India and Hindus'

Chidanand Rajghatta| TNN | Updated: Oct 16, 2016, 15:31 IST

54878615.jpg
(Reuters photo)EDISON, NEW JERSEY: He came, he saw, he con...flated. Using the terms Indians and Hindus interchangeably, Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump told a rally of Hindu-Americans on Saturday that there would be a "phenomenal future" forIndia and the United States under his administration, while raging against the dangers from "radical Islamic terrorism" facing them.

In what was arguably the first country- and ethno-religion specific rally ever addressed by a US Presidential candidate, Trump kept his word while turning up at an anti-terrorism charity event organized by the Republican Hindu Coalition in this New Jersey suburb with a large ethnic Indian population, telling a crowd of about 5000 desis that he is a "big fan of India and big fan of Hindu."

"If I am elected President, the Indian and Hindu community will have a true friend in White House," Trump told the gathering, many of whom had soaked up two hours of kitschy Bollywood entertainment before his arrival. After lighting a lamp on the stage at the cavernous Raritan Center, Trump said he became familiar with India and Indians because he had two "massive" projects in India, both "very successful with very wonderful partners," and in which he became involved because he had "great confidence in India."

"Incredible people and incredible country," Trump gushed, raining down superlatives as he praised the Indian and Hindu ethos of hard work, education and enterprise, while relating how he went to India 19 months ago and looked forward to going back "many, many times."

"Generations of Indians and Hindu-Americans have strengthened our country...their values of hard work, education and enterprise have truly enriched our nation and we will be celebrating a Trump administration together," the maverick candidate raved, showing no sign of his signature rants against open borders and illegal immigrants that characterize many of his campaign appearances.

The reason was not hard to fathom. In his eyes, Indian-Americans mostly come through the legal route and add to the US economy even though America has bled jobs to India, mainly on account of Washington's policies. Indian-Americans, Trump said, have the highest level of college education and entrepreneurship and he was going to make it even better for them by lowering taxes, eliminating regulations and bureaucracy.

At a broader, geo-political level, Trump pledged a deeper diplomatic and military relationship with India surpassing that brought about by previous administrations.

"Under a Trump administration, we are going to become even better friends. In fact, I will take the word even out because we are going to best friends," the Republican nominee said, pledging a shoulder-to-shoulder cooperation with India in sharing intelligence and 'keeping our people safe."

Trump had warm words for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, whose likeness some western commentators see in Trump, calling him a very "energetic" man and a "great" leader.

"We'll have a phenomenal future together ... with tremendous trade deals," he pledged while outlining plans for ties with India in a slightly rambling ten-minute address that was high on hyperbole but lacking in depth and details.

Outside the venue, small groups of leftist protests holding placards condemning both Trump and Modi were hectored by their supporters who saw them as being unsympathetic to their concerns about terrorism.

"They are pro-Pakistan...they don't mind that so much funding in a Democratic administration goes to Pakistan which is a terrorist state. Donald Trump will stop that," raged Aruna Pal, a New Jersey physician who said she had been a Democrat till the recent spate of terrorist attacks in India.

It was box that Trump himself ticked off when he said India has seen first hand the brutality of terrorism and cross-border violence. Although he did not specifically mention Pakistan, he cited the attacks on Mumbai ("a place that I love and understand") and on the Indian parliament, in pledging closer cooperation between the two countries.

It was hard to discern how many people were politically motivated by the Trump event and how many came for the entertainment spectacle (the dancer Prabhudeva was the main draw), but the atmosphere was surcharged outside, with frequent exchanges between two small groups of protestors and Trump and Modi loyalists.

But if one took away the political affiliations and partisanship for a moment, the significance of the rally was as striking as the milestone established by Modi's Madison Square Garden event. There is no other ethnic group outside native-born Americans capable of mounting a political-entertainment spectacle on this scale, both in terms of resources and people.

The event was the brainchild of Shalabh ("Shalli") Kumar, a Chicago entrepreneur who is unabashedly Hindu and has taken it on himself to raise the profile of the community without being apologetic about wearing the religious badge.

"American conservative values are Hindu values. Hindus should have a powerful voice in the US," he said while introducing Trump, whose remarks suggested he concurred.

source
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/united-states-elections-2016-us-elections-news-results-polls/Donald-Trump-pledges-even-better-ties-with-New-Delhi-says-big-fan-of-India-and-Hindus/articleshow/54878649.cms

I think now thanks to Trump we now have higher level of hyperbole, "Trumperbole".
Should I like Hillary call the group of Indians who support Trump "a basket/tokri of deplorables/kuththe.
Sorry I cannot find the exact word for deplorables in Hindi.

Rayji,
bu equating deplorable with
kuththe (dog) you are insulting the dogs. Some of the TRUMP supporters are worse.
Simple
Definition of deplorable: very bad in a way that causes shock, fear, or disgust : deserving to be deplored. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary.

Hillary Clinton’s comment that half of Donald Trump’s supporters fall into a “basket of deplorables” of racists, sexists, homophobes and xenophobes accurate?
The funniest part of all of this to me is that Clinton was basically saying what everybody in the press corps has been saying. That’s what makes the media reaction so surprising to me. I think the difference is that instead of going after Trump, she went after his supporters. But some of the reason many of us say Trump has been racist or bigoted or making racist/bigoted appeals is because of what his supporters have said.

Hillary Clinton’s comment about Donald Trump’s supporters (“just to be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the ‘basket of deplorables.’ Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it”) was the purest and most classic example.

If there are people who fall in that category (including Immigrants from India) they are deplorable.
Definitions of deplorable

adjective
deserving strong condemnation.
खेदजनक

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take … I would do whatever I can for my country.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/what-if-trump-supporters-believe-the-rigged-election-hype.html

Do you not agree that they are deplorable?

Last edited:
Donald Trump pledges even better ties with New Delhi, says 'big fan of India and Hindus'

Chidanand Rajghatta| TNN | Updated: Oct 16, 2016, 15:31 IST

54878615.jpg
(Reuters photo)EDISON, NEW JERSEY: He came, he saw, he con...flated. Using the terms Indians and Hindus interchangeably, Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump told a rally of Hindu-Americans on Saturday that there would be a "phenomenal future" forIndia and the United States under his administration, while raging against the dangers from "radical Islamic terrorism" facing them.

In what was arguably the first country- and ethno-religion specific rally ever addressed by a US Presidential candidate, Trump kept his word while turning up at an anti-terrorism charity event organized by the Republican Hindu Coalition in this New Jersey suburb with a large ethnic Indian population, telling a crowd of about 5000 desis that he is a "big fan of India and big fan of Hindu."

"If I am elected President, the Indian and Hindu community will have a true friend in White House," Trump told the gathering, many of whom had soaked up two hours of kitschy Bollywood entertainment before his arrival. After lighting a lamp on the stage at the cavernous Raritan Center, Trump said he became familiar with India and Indians because he had two "massive" projects in India, both "very successful with very wonderful partners," and in which he became involved because he had "great confidence in India."

"Incredible people and incredible country," Trump gushed, raining down superlatives as he praised the Indian and Hindu ethos of hard work, education and enterprise, while relating how he went to India 19 months ago and looked forward to going back "many, many times."

"Generations of Indians and Hindu-Americans have strengthened our country...their values of hard work, education and enterprise have truly enriched our nation and we will be celebrating a Trump administration together," the maverick candidate raved, showing no sign of his signature rants against open borders and illegal immigrants that characterize many of his campaign appearances.

The reason was not hard to fathom. In his eyes, Indian-Americans mostly come through the legal route and add to the US economy even though America has bled jobs to India, mainly on account of Washington's policies. Indian-Americans, Trump said, have the highest level of college education and entrepreneurship and he was going to make it even better for them by lowering taxes, eliminating regulations and bureaucracy.

At a broader, geo-political level, Trump pledged a deeper diplomatic and military relationship with India surpassing that brought about by previous administrations.

"Under a Trump administration, we are going to become even better friends. In fact, I will take the word even out because we are going to best friends," the Republican nominee said, pledging a shoulder-to-shoulder cooperation with India in sharing intelligence and 'keeping our people safe."

Trump had warm words for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, whose likeness some western commentators see in Trump, calling him a very "energetic" man and a "great" leader.

"We'll have a phenomenal future together ... with tremendous trade deals," he pledged while outlining plans for ties with India in a slightly rambling ten-minute address that was high on hyperbole but lacking in depth and details.

Outside the venue, small groups of leftist protests holding placards condemning both Trump and Modi were hectored by their supporters who saw them as being unsympathetic to their concerns about terrorism.

"They are pro-Pakistan...they don't mind that so much funding in a Democratic administration goes to Pakistan which is a terrorist state. Donald Trump will stop that," raged Aruna Pal, a New Jersey physician who said she had been a Democrat till the recent spate of terrorist attacks in India.

It was box that Trump himself ticked off when he said India has seen first hand the brutality of terrorism and cross-border violence. Although he did not specifically mention Pakistan, he cited the attacks on Mumbai ("a place that I love and understand") and on the Indian parliament, in pledging closer cooperation between the two countries.

It was hard to discern how many people were politically motivated by the Trump event and how many came for the entertainment spectacle (the dancer Prabhudeva was the main draw), but the atmosphere was surcharged outside, with frequent exchanges between two small groups of protestors and Trump and Modi loyalists.

But if one took away the political affiliations and partisanship for a moment, the significance of the rally was as striking as the milestone established by Modi's Madison Square Garden event. There is no other ethnic group outside native-born Americans capable of mounting a political-entertainment spectacle on this scale, both in terms of resources and people.

The event was the brainchild of Shalabh ("Shalli") Kumar, a Chicago entrepreneur who is unabashedly Hindu and has taken it on himself to raise the profile of the community without being apologetic about wearing the religious badge.

"American conservative values are Hindu values. Hindus should have a powerful voice in the US," he said while introducing Trump, whose remarks suggested he concurred.

source
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/united-states-elections-2016-us-elections-news-results-polls/Donald-Trump-pledges-even-better-ties-with-New-Delhi-says-big-fan-of-India-and-Hindus/articleshow/54878649.cms

Wow!

I think a lot of Indian Hindus will support him.

He is a smart guy...for he knows that Hindus can only unite if there is a common enemy..so he is using the acts of terrorism of an Abrahamic religion to sow seeds of support among Hindu Indians.

I think we should start looking at Trump from a different point of view...he knows how to gain maximum and go about it for benefit.

Now this might be seen as some as manipulative and cunning but if he translates this into a bigger scale it would prove beneficial to the country cos a leader should always put his country first..all this diplomacy can come later.

But he should try to gain support of members of Muslim voters too...he should try to go on lines of being anti terrorism but not anti any religion.

This is the only weakness of his campaign..he needs a good adviser to help him here...where he can try to do more for Muslims to help them reject terrorism.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, who has long shied away from naming any foreign policy advisors, suggested Wednesday that he was his own top consultant on the issue.
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain, and I've said a lot of things," Trump said during a telephone interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
Trump pointed to his 2000 book, where he made a reference to Osama bin Laden before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
"I know what I'm doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I'll tell you who the people are," Trump said."But I speak to a lot of people, but my primary consultant is myself, and I have a good instinct for this stuff,” he added.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...oreign-policy-advisor-im-speaking-with-myself

Donald Trump has a temperament problem.

The anger that he has consistently displayed in public and his tendency to lash out against his critics, whomever they might be, even the parents of a slain soldier, has sent Republicans into a full-scale panic. His willingness to make false statements or to play around with facts involving matters of national security has generated immense criticism.
There is even some evidence that his inner circle of advisers, including Paul Manafort, doesn't feel that they have control about what he says when in front of the crowds and the camera. In a new Washington Post/ABC News poll, only 33 percent said Trump has the "kind of personality and temperament" to serve effectively as president.http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/opinions/trumps-biggest-weakness-zelizer/
Syndicated columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer said Thursday on “Special Report with Bret Baier” that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s central weakness is his vanity.
“I don't know why everybody's surprised of his lack of discipline. I mean he's been out there for 15 months, he's completely undisciplined,” Krauthammer said. “Yet, for about a month he's been led around, shackled, handcuffed by his staff, made to read from the teleprompter.”
Krauthammer added that it's not that simple for the Trump campaign to keep him under control.
“The minute you let him loose, meaning on the debate stage, where there is no prompter, and then immediately after when he's reacting... What emerges is his central weakness: Vanity," he said.https://www.google.com/search?q=trumps+weakness&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The 274 People, Places and Things Donald
Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

Since declaring his candidacy for president last June, Donald Trump has used Twitter to lob insults at presidential candidates, journalists, news organizations, nations, a Neil Young song and even a lectern in the Oval Office. We know this because we’ve read, tagged and quoted them all. Below, a directory of sorts, with links to the original tweets. Insults within the last 60 days are highlighted.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0

The GOP nominee has such a long history of insensitive remarks, it is hard to know where to begin.
Trump has routinely said that Clinton should “go to jail” for her use of a private email server, despite the FBI’s conclusion that pressing charges against the former secretary of state would be inconsistent with ordinary prosecutorial standards. At first Trump chose not to indulge the crowds at his rallies who chanted “lock her up” in July, but he subsequently reconsidered, telling an audience in late July, “I’m starting to agree with you.”
At times, Trump has said more through his silence. The GOP nominee refused to condemn campaign surrogate and New Hampshire State Rep. Al Baldasaro for arguing that Clinton should be shot for treason.
(Of course, Trump might also consider Clinton guilty of murder. Back in May, he tried to revive the long-debunked early ‘90s conspiracy theory that Hillary and Bill Clinton were involved in the murder of Vince Foster, a former aide who committed suicide.)
It’s worth asking what he thinks of the more than 66 million Americans who voted for Barack Obama in 2008.
In 2011, Trump became the highest-profile member of the racist “birther” movement, questioning whether Obama was born in the United States with a public campaign to investigate the president’s origins.
The release of Obama’s long-form birth certificate was not enough to quiet these doubts, apparently. Trump still refuses to explicitly admit that Obama was born in the U.S., telling NBC on Monday, “I don’t talk about it.”
If Trump continues to believe Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen, it would follow that he believes those who voted for Obama participated in an unconstitutional endeavor.
Finally, Trump has spoken ill of, or threatened, just about every minority group in the country. (Consult our comprehensive list of his racist comments and actions here.)
The federal government found that Trump Management ― the real estate company owned by Donald’s father, where Donald started his car
eer ― refused to rent to black people.
Trump began his presidential campaign by calling Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers.
In the wake of a terrorist attack, he proposed a ban on Muslims entering the U.S.
He claimed an American-born judge of Mexican descent could not rule fairly on a case involving him ― and then said the same of Muslim judges.
His campaign has even prompted a coming-out party for the once-fringe white nationalist movement known as the “alt-right.” Trump retweets movement members and uses their memes even if he is occasionally forced to distance himself from them.
In addition to the communities of color Trump has openly slighted, the alt-right also hates Jews. Alt-right internet trolls have launched an unprecedented wave of anti-Semitic invective at Jewish journalists who cover Trump critically.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...more-than-clinton_us_57d4873ce4b06a74c9f50c1e

Trump will turn on anyone who questions his judgment. He will tolerate others as long as they remain his lapdog. He turned on Paul Ryan, the highest ranking elected member of his party. He insulted John Mccain a long time senator of his party.

So If some hindus think that trump will throw them some crumbs, they will be mistaken.

After a brutal week for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, Democrat Hillary Clinton maintained a substantial projected advantage in the race to win the Electoral College and claim the US presidency, according to the latest results from the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project released on Saturday.

If the election were held this week, the project estimates that Clinton's odds of securing the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win the presidency at more than 95 percent, and by a margin of 118 Electoral College votes. It is the second week in a row that the project has estimated her odds so high.

The results mirror other Electoral College projections, some of which estimate Clinton's chance of winning at around 90 percent.
According to the project, Trump trails by double-digits among women and all minority groups. Among black voters he trails by nearly 70 points. To a large extent his support is almost entirely dependent on white voters. And while Trump's support among white men is strong, among white women his lead is negligible.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ectoral-College-Poll/articleshow/54882676.cms

Last edited:
Bill Maher suggested that many of the solutions being offered at Trump rallies are “constitutionally impossible” and spoke about disappointment with an internet that was purported to “make us smarter.”
Maher noted how, decades ago, members of the far right John Birch Society would have to put considerable effort into going door to door to spread their message, while today, people who want to consume the rhetoric of such organizations, or even interact with members, need only log into the appropriate chat room.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3601325/fa...-up-over-rigged-election/#sXrj6iSgBrrHm8MQ.99

[video=youtube_share;G2XZzUrhBHA]https://youtu.be/G2XZzUrhBHA[/video]
http://www.inquisitr.com/3601325/fa...e-draggers-all-riled-up-over-rigged-election/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back