• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Christian assault on Hindu India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear HappyHindu Ji,

I do not know how untouchability came about, but there are clues from our scriptures.

Over time, certain occupations within the society were viewed as unclean and so the families of such persons started living at the edges of the village as well as the society.

Dealing in dead bodies, butchering of animals for meat, dealing with human waste etc., have come to be viewed as unclean. There was probably a valid reasons to do so, since all these occupations during the past did not employ proper hygeinic and infectious insulations from the rest of the society when they came in to contact with each other. This is quite understandable in a tropical climate. So, as usual this practice got institutionalized, with elaborate theory built around 'evil' spirits associated with such practices. It always struck me as odd that 'Madi' and 'Theettu' can be violated/practiced just by a gaze from a distance! So, this tells me that various rules were instituted to prevent such contacts, backed by superstition.

In my opinion, Sage Kaushika's burning of the bird and getting 'educated' by an ordinary wife and the village butcher, as well as the story of Adi Shankara's encounter with Shiva in an untouchable's garb are examples of our society grappling with this issue.

The underlying theory for this practice to be justified came from the Varna/Jathi theory, a well developed Guna theory to support it, and a well thought out mis interpretation of Karma theory on top of it.

So, we have this problem, now that we have a modern society with traditional roles all mixed up and democracy came.

This is not a Brahmin issue. The two tumbler system is practiced by a whole lot of Hindus and is prevalent everywhere in India.

As usual, some Hindus twist this sorry history of our religion and make it seem that the problem started when foreigners invaded our land. They can not show any proof of this. Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS-ji,

If you do not mind, am interested in knowing more abt the above.

I know theetu was followed in non-brahmin homes such as well in the past.

It seems 'social evolution' has happened really fast in these years.

According to my mum, they were not even taken to Shiva temples as children and she began visiting Shiva temples only as a teenager.
Such was the orthodox way in which they were raised. That side of the people are rather content to say they were gollas in some ancient times (some oral history: they call themselves yadavulu and everything is centered arounf Krishna) and I was very highly surprised to come to know recently, that until 4 generations ago some of them underwent samasraya and even until 3 generations ago a few underwent upanayanam. Seems like they became a sanskritized lot somewhere in between and now its back to basics. In my generation, I seem to be the only one who takes interest in knowing such things. And in the younger generations, its an other story...it wud be a wonder if some of them even remember their parents' names after a few years.

Cong leader’s son, seven others arrested

Express New Service
23 Sep 2008 09:29:00 AM IST

BANGALORE: The State police have arrested eight people, including the son of a Congress leader in connection with the attacks on a church and a mosque in Kodagu and Shimoga districts.

Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa after chairing an emergency Cabinet meeting here on Monday to review the law and order situation in the State, told reporters that the police had been asked to invoke the Goonda Act and book the miscreants.

He said that five people, including one Sunil George were arrested in Siddapur in Kodagu for instigating forcible conversions which led to stone pelting from the locals.

Cassettes and propaganda materials were seized from them, he added.

On the attack on a church in Mariannapalya, Yeddyurappa said that the police investigation had revealed that it was a robbery attempt and not an attack as it was perceived by many.

Referring to the Sagar incident, the Chief Minister said that they (the culprits) were given Rs 15 lakh by one Ravi to attack the mosque.

A sitting councillor belonging to the Congress was also suspected to be involved in the attack. However, police were investigating his role, he added.

CM ATTACKS CENTRE

Taking the Congress-led Union Progressive Alliance government at the Centre to task for issuing advisories to the State government despite it taking measures to contain the attacks, the CM accused the former of adopting double standard.

When the serial blasts rocked Delhi, why did the Union Home Ministry not sent any missive to the Delhi government, the visibly-irked CM asked.

When 20,000 Hindus were massacred in Jammu and Kashmir, when there were serial blasts in Mumbai, when Andhra Pradesh Home Minister was killed, when 18 people were killed in Singur, when 65 police were killed in Chattisgarh when Ajit Jogi was CM, when Supreme Court rapped the then S M Krishna government over Veerappan issue, when dalits were killed in Kambalapalli, the Union Home Ministry did not dare to send advisories, the Chief Minister said.

‘‘I want the people and media to ponder over this attitude of the Centre,’’ he added.

He also accused former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy and Deve Gowda of trying to topple his government.

‘‘Frustrated at losing power, both father and son are trying to topple this government with the help of Congress,’’ Yeddyurappa alleged.

Thankyou very much KRS-ji.

Abt orthodoxy, am comming across various faces of it of late.

Was a bit upset that my mum will not accept a non-brahmin as a priest either. For every 'why' she only replied with 'why should i'. I have relaized that education, etc need not make a person broad-minded (but none of all these or our clash in personalities affect our love for each other in any way though).

Am also noticing that within the same sub-caste ppl seem to have always professed different professions. Am trying to make sense of a few things though its difficult.

I can understand the lack of hygiene part being associated with untouchability. I suppose as the society changes (esp with the current liberalization), old professions will cease to exist. Over time, they will be forgotten; and new social classes will be created. Hopefully the negative side of the religion in the form of superstition will be a fully forgotten story by then.

The Beam In Your Eye

M. V. Kamath.

I have often wondered whether Christians realise how much offence their
missionaries give to non-Christians in India, mainly Hindus, by their
activities.

There are two kinds of Christianity. One is that of simple god-fearing
people who go to church, say their prayers, do what little they can for
lessening the suffering or ignorance of their fellow citizens, and be at
peace with the world around them. They are respected, loved and
honoured.

The other is the 'Institutional Christianity' , which came to India with
the marauding Portuguese in the 16th century. It is this Christianity
that has been causing trouble in India in recent times.

The argument adduced by Institutional Christianity is that it is God's
command that his good word be spread all over the world. They insist on
their 'right' to convert people becuase God ordained that people must be
converted. Such an attitude is insulting to non-Christians.
Some time in late January, the South Asian correspondent of Le Figaro,
France's most popular newspaper, wrote a scathing peice against
missionary activity in the Hindustan Times. Francois Gautier must have
felt really incensed at the insensitivity of Indian Christians.

More recently, Jon Stock, New Delhi correspondent of the Daily Telegraph
(a London paper) wrote a revelatory piece in the Spectator, another
British journal, about the activities of missionaries in India. Put
simply, Stock wrote, "The Indian subcontinent has become the principal
target for a wide range of western Christian missions determined to
spread the Gospel to India's 'unreached' people before the year 2000."
Christian missions in the US have become particularly nasty and
offensive.

Stock quotes what the US-based Bethany World Prayer Centre has been
writing about Hinduism. Any American who wants to pray for the Ho
tribals of south Bihar and northern Orissa, for example, is given a
photo, he says, a detailed map and a description of how tribals live and
what they believe in, with the suggestion: "Pray against the spirits of
animism and Hinduism that have kept the Ho in spiritual darkness for
centuries." Stock comments: "Bethany's exhortation to pray against
animism and Hinduism is hardly a mark of respect." He's being kind. I
call that a downright insult to Hinduism. But we are not supposed to
protest.

Then Stock quotes 'The Native Missionary Movement in India' as saying
about Orissa: "Satan has successfully camouflaged his grip on the people
of Orissa with a thin veneer of religion." Is Hinduism satanic? As for
'AD 2000 and Beyond,' it says that Varanasi, Hinduism's holiest city, is
full of temples dedicated to Shiva, "an idol whose symbol is a phallus.
Many consider the city the very seat of Satan." Why are our Indian
Bishops quiet in this matter?

But Stock goes further. He writes: "Hundreds and thousands of dollars
are being channelled into India through well-organised US-based
evangelical missions. The meticulously researched ethnographic data they
are compiling on the region ensures that funds (as well as prayers) are
being directed with military precision ot the right places, even to
specific PIN codes, in remote tribal districts."

Stock quotes 'AD 2000 and Beyond' as saying: "God is allowing us to spy
on the land that we might go in and claim both it and its inhabitants
for Him." The kind of language being used by US evangelical missions to
describe Hinduism is appaling. But there is not a word of apology from
our Christian bishops.

According to Suresh Kumar Unnithan, writing in the Observer (March 23),
"A detailed strategy for massive conversion of tribals, Dalits and
backward classes and large-scale church planting was formulated at a
meeting of church and missionary leaders in Bhpal recently."
Unnithan quotes a document prepared by one Dr. Victor Choudrie,
co-ordinator of 'Harvest Consultant' (a proselytisation programme of the
Protestant Church) and present at the meeting, as saying that "the goal
is to plant about 30,000 churches and reach over 10 million 'unreached'
in the state by the year 2007." According to the report "MP has 70
million people in 70,000 villages and only 70,000 Christian families. We
should strive to have one church in every village by 2010."

I call this Institutional Christianity and it seems to be hell bent on
creating trouble in the name of religion. And the money for all these
church-building activities comes from the USS, where Christianity hardly
exists. Fro that matter, what sort of Christianity exists in Europe? In
Ireland, Catholics and Protestants are at each others' throats. Not one
of Christ's preachings are practised anywhere. Germans sent god alone
knows how millions Jews to death during the Nazi era. The French ravaged
Vietnam and Nigeria. Italians almost destroyed Ethiopia. The record of
the Spaniards is despicable as is that of the Portuguese. Americans
almost levelled Vietnam - a small nation that had done them no harm - to
dust.

Is this Christianity in action? And they have the cheek to come to India
to instruct us in pacifist ways? Eurpoean Christianity is the very
antithesis of Christianity. It is an insult to Christ. US evangelists
dare not send money to support proselytisation in Muslim countries. Let
them try to do so in any Muslim country and they would know what would
happen. In India we allow our religion to be trampled upon, our gods
insulted - all in the name of secularism.

I would like to know what Sonia Gandhi thinks of all this and what her
Indian National Congress Party's veiws are on this matter.
The government needs to be warned in advance so there is not repetition
of the Staines incident. The missionaries need to be told to cry a halt
to their activities. And foreign church bodies should be told to lay
off.

The point can be made that if non-resident Indians can support the
International Hindu Council (Vishwa Hindu Parishad or VHP) financially,
why shouldn't foreign Church bodies finance Indian churches?
The point is that these expatriates are not attempting to convert
Christians. In any event, it is a matter of Indians supporting Indians.
The people needing conversions are Europeans and Americans. We do not
need US-style or European-style Christianity in India; thank you. We are
quite happy and at peace with the local variety.

http://www.christia naggression. org/item_ display.php? type=ARTICLES&id=1067062706

Hi all,
You guys will be stunned to hear this news. My friend(an Iyengar) studies in Trichy. Opposite to his college is the EVR college. The EVR boys teased him and threw stones at him. He complained to the police. The day after the DK leader of trichy came to each and every class and used harsh words. My friend and his Pappan(Brahman) friends challenged him for a duel. My friend and his gang of brahmins kicked the shit out of the EVR boys and the DK leader. WOW! This is the way to go! I'm very proud of him.

Dear SriKrish,

Great stuff!

This DK gang whose root is in the Justice Party was a creation of the British colonialist rascals. These outfits continue their jaalra to the foreigners and bad mouth Hindus and Hindu deities and indulge in iconoclasm in the name of rationalism. These rationalists are of many garbs all have an avowedly singular purpose of denigrating our heritage and trying thier best to mortgage us to the moth eaten and putrid foreign ideals. They survive because of the cursed secular outfits that rule the country but their days are numbered!

Regards,

Seers demand action against conversion

Express New Service
24 Sep 2008 09:50:00 AM IST
BANGALORE: A delegation of seers from Dakshina Kannada on Tuesday called on Governor Rameshwar Thakur and Home Minister V S Acharya to stop forcible conversions and initiate action against those indulging in such acts.Led by Pejawar Mutt Pontiff Vishvesha Teerta, the delegation expressed concern over the growing rate of forcible conversions, largely by luring people with incentives. “Not a single person would leave his or her religion and embrace a new one unless there is an incentive,” the seer told reporters after submitting a memorandum to the Governor and Home Minister. The seers condemned Christian school managements that restricted girl students from wearing bangles, bindi and flowers, which they said represents the symbols of Hindu religion. This apart, the seers were also angry with the printing and distribution of literature condemning Hindu gods and mythologies.

Apart from Vishvesha Teertha swami, seers Raghaveshwara Bharati Swami, Ramananda swami, Yogananda Sarswati, Rajashekarananda, Vidya Prasanna Teertha and Esha Vittala Dasa were also present.

There are conversions in all faiths, why target Church?

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1192989

I loved this part:

I will not encourage violence. Even if we are attacked again, I will not advocate it [violence]. Terrorism is not the solution. In fact, we pray to forgive those who have attacked. We [Christians] neither have the means nor the intent to hurt others. I’m not for Christian militancy. Our militancy is prayer and fasting.

It appears to me that Christians are living more Ahimsa than Hindus these days.

Want to wait till they become majority and see if they change their tune? We know what they did when they were in power - killed 10,000 Brahmins in Goa and destroyed our Kapaleeswarar temple at Mylapore and built their Church on it.

Perhaps you wouldn't care if they become majority seeing your unseemly love for them to beat the Hindus with whatever means including non-violence!

Oruthan ennoruthan kal mela eri ninnundu - amaithi amaithi nnanan - eppadi?

Desi-ji and MM-ji,

amaithi is alagu...but i am finding everything is so confusing these days....its so hard to think in terms of taking any stand at all...only Ishwara can help...

If you know who you are then you will defend yourself. The question is: Do you know who you are?

If you say I know myself but I am not proud of myself, then you are drifting and will have no self-preservation.

My advise is: Shed those ideas that destroy you. Be proud of yourself and your heritage. You will find joy!

Last edited:
Temples are terror targets

temple.gif
Thu, 25 Sep, 2008,03:49 PM

An intelligence alert of a possible terror attack has brought major temples in Tamilnadu under the security blanket of the police.

The Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, Ramanathaswamy Temple in Rameswaram, Murugan temple in Palani, Kapaleeswarar Temple in Chennai and Sri Ranganathar Temple in Srirangam in Tiruchirappalli have come under a heightened security, following intelligence inputs that they could be the target of some banned organisations, waiting to expand their trail across the country after the Delhi blasts.
According to highly-placed officials, the move was taken at a review meeting of law and order situation held in Chennai yesterday, headed by Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. Besides these temples, commercial hubs in Chennai and elsewhere have also been placed under surveillance.
However, officials are wary about security arrangements in the temples, as they want the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments department, that administers temples, to be more proactive and forthcoming in ensuring fool-proof security ‘as anybody can enter the temples’.
The State police headquarters had ordered the district administrations to tighten up the security arrangements.
Speaking to reporters here on Tuesday, ADGP T Rajendran said police was keeping a close watch across the State to look for sleeper cells of the banned SIMI or the Indian Mujahideen.
‘There is no specific information as regards sleeper cells,’ Rajendran said, adding that police were still going ahead with security drills and other preventive measures.
The Chennai police conducted a thorough search in Koyambedu bus terminus yesterday. Also, they have given four exclusive mobile numbers, through which the public can reach them. The public can make direct calls to those number or send SMSes.
Public in Triplicane, Kilpauk and Anna Nagar fall under Central Zone and they have to contact 9003130101. Those in Adyar, Mylapore and T Nagar areas come under South Zone and the number they have to call or SMS is 9003130102.
People residing in Flower Bazaar, Washermenpet and Pulianthope (North Zone) have to contact 9003130104. For traffic releated issues, the number is 9003130103.
box IM aims for Advani
An e-mail, purportedly sent by the Indian Mujahideen, has threatened to kill senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L K Advani during his visit to Shillong on 29 September.
The Indian Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the recent spate of terror attacks in New Delhi, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru.
Further details are awaited.

http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=10934 & section=6

If you know who you are then you will defend yourself. The question is: Do you know who you are?

If you say I know myself but I am not proud of myself, then you are drifting and will have no self-preservation.

My advise is: Shed those ideas that destroys you. Be proud of yourself and your heritage. You will find joy!
i know myself deep inside. i do not understand myself in the outside world. i am on the wrong side of 30 and looking forward to 52 to don the saffron robes. i am both evil and good. i am troubled by both sadness and happiness. i look forward to stillness.

My advise is: Shed those ideas that destroy you. Be proud of yourself and your heritage. You will find joy!

Dear HappyHindu (what a marvellous and hopeful name!)
This is how they talk. Their motive is not to eradicate poverty. If it was so, why should they insist on conversion and baptism? Why should they preach negative things about other religions, particularly Hinduism?

Every Hindu should read The Da Vinci Code. This will help him in asking sensible questions to the missionary-lunatics. The Christian religion has nothing real and nothing original. This is the truth.

They more often quote the Isavasya Upanishad where Jesus is suppose to have spoken to a king that he is the son of Ishwara. They also mention that he is born of a virgin. But it has been found that the original text of the 'old testament' has been modified to their convenience.

My interaction with one such lunatic is given below, in Tamil. Enjoy!!

நானும் என் நண்பனும் சினிமாவிற்குப் போகலாமென்று முடிவு செய்து வரும் வழியில் ஒருவனைப் பார்த்தோம். இனி அவன் லூஸு என்று விளிக்கப்படுவான்.

லூஸு: ஹலோ பாஸ்

நண்பன்: ஹலோ குமார். எப்படி இருக்க?

லூஸு: நான் நல்லா இருக்கேன். ஆமா நீங்க எங்க போறாப்ல?

நண்பன்: சினிமாவுக்குப் போலாம்னு...

லூஸு சினிமாவுக்கெல்லாம் போகாதீங்க, போனா நரகத்துக்குப் போயிடுவீங்க.

நான்: ஹா! (மனதிற்குள்)

நண்பன்: ஹா ஹா ஹா. சரி.

நான்: சினிமாவுக்குப் போனா நரகத்துக்குப் போயிடுவோமா? அது எப்டி பாஸ்? சரி, சினிமாவுக்குப் போனா நரகத்துக்குப் போயிடுவோம். சுவர்க்கத்துக்குப் போறதுக்கு என்ன வழி?

லூஸு: அது அப்படித்தாங்க. ஆண்டவராகிய ஏசு கிறிஸ்து கிட்ட வந்துடுங்க, சுவர்க்கத்துக்குப் போலாம்.

நான்: போயீ?

லூஸு: அவரோட பாதத்துல ஆனந்தமாயிருக்கலாம்.

நான்: அப்புறம்? எப்போ திரும்பி வரது?

லூஸு: அவ்வளவுதான், திரும்பிலாம் வர வேண்டியிருக்காது.

நான்: சரி, நீங்க எங்கேயிருந்து வரீங்க?

லூஸு: ஆண்டவராகிய ஏசு க்றிஸ்துட்டேர்ந்து தான்.

நான்: இப்போத்தான் ஆண்டவர்கிட்ட போனா திரும்ப வேண்டாம்னீங்க, அப்பறம் ஆண்டவர் முதல்ல ஒங்கள ஏன் பாஸ் இங்க அனுப்பினாரு?

லூஸு: நீங்க இப்படியெல்லாம் குதர்க்கமா பேசக் கூடாது. நான் என்னோட சீனியர் பாஸ்டரைக் கூட்டிட்டு வரேன். அவர்கிட்ட பேசுங்க.

நான்: தம்பி, என்னை உன் போப்பாண்டவர் வந்தாக் கூட க்றிஸ்துவனா மாத்த முடியாது.

அன்றிலிருந்து திரு. கு(ழம்பிப் போன)மார் என்னைப் பார்த்தாலே முறைக்க ஆரம்பித்தார்.

But it has been found that the original text of the 'old testament' has been modified to their convenience.

Dear Jaagratha-ji,

Our prob is mainly with agressive evangelism that focuses on misinterpreting scriptures, cooking up stuff and portraying the hindu faith in bad light. And therefore, we find the need to vent our anger against such people.

Then there are people (like Anand Mahadevan) who obviously like to live the Christian faith but wish to remain Hindu culturally (though somewhere in some corner the 'dichotomy' might get obvious). Then there are also crazy people like my aunt who end up getting admitted in a hospital coz some zealots told not to take pills for hypertension since 'prayer' will relieve her (i do not think any good sensible christian wud mess with medicine).

All that said and done, there are so many nice things in the Christian faith.

If i were to remove myself from all this hullahoo of 'our poverty being taken advantage of by evangelists', our gods being painted so badly, our culture being seized and replaced, etc (all of which represent the probs of "being an organized religion" - and facing an implosive need to remain as such)...and then ask myself sincerely, i wud certianly say that i probably believe in Christ as much as a Christian does, if not more.

When missionaries have repeatedly approached my door, i have been polite and firm in making it known (in the language of "organized religion" that they understand) - that we, as a family, wish to remain Hindu culturally and live in faith for all religions [unlike Mr.Mahadevan]; and that includes love of Christ. We are happy to sing carols, celebrate xmas, have fun, etc...and we believe we do not need to be a 'Christian' to do that.

Let us not waste our energies in trying to pinpoint faults in the 'old testament' or any of books. If at all comparisons need to be made, then one wud find that the similarities of various faiths are far more (and outweigh) in number than the dissimilarities propagated by "organized religion".

Last edited:
hello,
Namaskarams.....don't worry about christian/muslim evangalists. be strong
in mind /body.......beleive in your religion/faith strongly. ....nobody shake
our ability/faith in hinduism.......DHARMO RAKSHATI RAKSITHAHA.........
means one who protects dharma.......dharma protects him.......i read
an article in paper that some evangalists are distributing bible/ thundu
prachurams in front of the famous THE KAPALEESWARAR TEMPLE
MYLAPORE CHENNAI.....but they always want destroy us.....mugals
destroyed temples/vedas physically............britishers try to destroy
intellectually using wrong interpretation of hinduism.........but reality
never succeded completly.....
GO BRAHMANBYO SUBHAMASTHU NITYAM........LOKAH SAMASTHAH
SUKINO BHAVANTHU........

REGARDS
tbs

Last edited:
HappyHindu,
True. We do not have any problems in others practising their beliefs. But there ends their limit.

I am not making fun of any religion as I am a Hindu and I believe that other beliefs too take oneself to the ultimate goal of life. But being a Hindu, it is my essential duty to be strong in my tradition and culture.

If someone keeps mocking and ridiculing my religion, I don't think I should keep quiet and think 'some God will save my religion'. Like a gentleman said in this forum, even God help those who help themselves.

I have some good friends in Christianity and Islam. They are very rare jewels. I agree to your point, I believe in Christ's teachings, but if the Chrisitian says that I will be given a 'promoted' grade only if I get converted, I call them 'Tradesmen'. I don't want any trade with Godhood.

If someone keeps mocking and ridiculing my religion, I don't think I should keep quiet and think 'some God will save my religion'. Like a gentleman said in this forum, even God help those who help themselves.

I have some good friends in Christianity and Islam. They are very rare jewels. I agree to your point, I believe in Christ's teachings, but if the Chrisitian says that I will be given a 'promoted' grade only if I get converted, I call them 'Tradesmen'. I don't want any trade with Godhood.

Jaagrathaji,

In any "organized religion" things can tend to become more trade-like...if it exists, so be it. Its not our prerogative to judge which is a better way.

To people who are convinced of the depth and variety that the sanatan faith offers, such things do not worry them. Getting criticized or made fun of can be really irritating alright, but when it comes to fears and worries, there seems to be no necessity for it...

A case in point in the very reason why Christianity is trying so much to nativize into Hindu religion...it is apparently because those who believe in "organized religion" are aware of the limitations of Christianity..

Regards.

Hello happyhindu,

While one should respect others' belief, explicit and implicit attempts at convversions should be stopped...

Otherwise, in future our generations would read about the mythical gods and goddesses of the extinct hindu religion, just as we do now about the egyptians and the aztec race...

Regards,
Seshadri

Dear Sri SS Ji,

I do not agree with you on this. Hinduism will never cease to be. All other religions you cite are not 'Santana Dharma'.

This conversion factor is a red herring. It is not a religious issue. It is a political one.

I do not think that any other organized religion has the capacity (intellectual and emotional) to stamp out Hinduism.

Regards,
KRS

Hello happyhindu,

While one should respect others' belief, explicit and implicit attempts at convversions should be stopped...

Otherwise, in future our generations would read about the mythical gods and goddesses of the extinct hindu religion, just as we do now about the egyptians and the aztec race...

Regards,
Seshadri

Hello happyhindu,

Regards,
Seshadri

Definitely not. Hinduism is growing. Hindu thoughts/ideas have found acceptance all over the world. Terms like Yoga and Meditation which were unknown in the British days now find a place in the English dictionary.

I will start a thread to appraise the members how Yagnas/homas and even Shraddam are becoming popular in the western world. We even have a number of Swamijis ( Sannyasis of the Dasanami order) from the West. May their tribe increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back