• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Surrender

renuka

Why is it so hard to surrender to the idea of God?
Why is it also very hard to " beg" for help or mercy from God?

Just say there is a disaster and we do not have food for our family, surely we would do anything to get food and would plead and beg to anyone who can share their food or help us.

A man might plead to his partner or wife for sex.

We humans are ruled by our internet connection these days.
We have surrendered to our smart phones and apps to run our lives.

We surrender our minds to money..we surrender to propaganda, we surrender to conflict and chaos...so why the heck its so hard for most of us to even have the idea to surrender to God or even beg God when we need help?

If we are trapped in a fire,we would be screaming for help.
We would plead for our lives if attacked by a killer.

So at every step we are able to beg and surrender in dire situations..so why not surrender to God?

I feel partly may be we misunderstood Karma..yes..past Karma determines our life..agreed!
So some might say begging God or pleading wont help.

Really? What if God doesnt actually change our Karma but if we plead to Him, He responds and we would be shown a way to cope with the adversity with equipoise.

For eg..just say a person has cancer..karmically he is supposed to die no matter what..some with terminal cancer do try to spend their last days in many ways worldly and could die in a very chaotic state of mind..some choose to be spiritual and die in a very balanced state of mind.

The one who called out to God may be got spiritual guidance to accept death with equal mindedness.

The one who was bitter with life didnt accept death with equal mindedness.

So are we sure that God doesnt help guide us?
May be He does if we call out to Him and the guidance might not always be a miracle but the guidance could work out for the betterment of our spiritual life after death.

So why not be a Pitchai?
A Bhagawan Pitchai?
One who begs from God for help and guidance.

Dear Renuka,

A good message. I would to like to add what I think is a subtle point about karma. My belief backed by both first hand and through other experiences is that there is no escape from karma. With a good reason. Karma is meant to show you the right path to moksha. Why would God compromise on that? If you think you can do sins at will and then propitiate God to mitigate or avert consequences, you are fooling yourself. One exception can think of is if you genuinely repent for the bad acts. But for that to happen some really bad event should have happened to you So there is really no escape. Many times it is opaque and you do not know why you are being punished. The reason I believe is you have forced away the karmic reaction by propitiation etc or the time was not ripe before.

The inevitable conclusion is that the karmic system is purposeful to the tee and it is almost impossible to tamper with it. However hard you try to dodge it your karmas will ensure that the consequences are meted out to you

Thank you again Renuka for the nice post.

Dear Renuka,

A good message. I would to like to add what I think is a subtle point about karma. My belief backed by both first hand and through other experiences is that there is no escape from karma. With a good reason. Karma is meant to show you the right path to moksha. Why would God compromise on that? If you think you can do sins at will and then propitiate God to mitigate or avert consequences, you are fooling yourself. One exception can think of is if you genuinely repent for the bad acts. But for that to happen some really bad event should have happened to you So there is really no escape. Many times it is opaque and you do not know why you are being punished. The reason I believe is you have forced away the karmic reaction by propitiation etc or the time was not ripe before.

The inevitable conclusion is that the karmic system is purposeful to the tee and it is almost impossible to tamper with it. However hard you try to dodge it your karmas will ensure that the consequences are meted out to you

Thank you again Renuka for the nice post.
Dear Sravna,

I dont mean that God would " change" our Karma if we pray to Him but may be He could grant a sincere bhakta the ability to perceive the reason for the Karma and the bigger picture for it.

For eg we do find sometimes very intelligent people not really have succesful careers or money.
Some with less intelligence hit the jack pot of success.

Why?
Karma may be and also we measure success with only money.

So we assume that intelligence must lead to monetary gain.

What if the very inteilligent person is actually not supposed to be materially rich but his intelligence is supposed to make him lead himself to Moksha and material gain might prove a distraction for him hence his earning capacity is reduced per his karma.

So such a person if he keeps doing a Lakshmi homa and prays for material gain, he might not see material wealth but he could gain spiritual wealth of jnaana.

In a matter of time he would realize why he didnt hit jack pot material gain and his life is meant to be spiritually rich.

Thats what I mean that God wont change our karma but He could make us realize our destiny better for acceptance instead of resentment.

Why is it so hard to surrender to the idea of God?
Why is it also very hard to " beg" for help or mercy from God?

Just say there is a disaster and we do not have food for our family, surely we would do anything to get food and would plead and beg to anyone who can share their food or help us.

A man might plead to his partner or wife for sex.

We humans are ruled by our internet connection these days.
We have surrendered to our smart phones and apps to run our lives.

We surrender our minds to money..we surrender to propaganda, we surrender to conflict and chaos...so why the heck its so hard for most of us to even have the idea to surrender to God or even beg God when we need help?

If we are trapped in a fire,we would be screaming for help.
We would plead for our lives if attacked by a killer.

So at every step we are able to beg and surrender in dire situations..so why not surrender to God?

I feel partly may be we misunderstood Karma..yes..past Karma determines our life..agreed!
So some might say begging God or pleading wont help.

Really? What if God doesnt actually change our Karma but if we plead to Him, He responds and we would be shown a way to cope with the adversity with equipoise.

For eg..just say a person has cancer..karmically he is supposed to die no matter what..some with terminal cancer do try to spend their last days in many ways worldly and could die in a very chaotic state of mind..some choose to be spiritual and die in a very balanced state of mind.

The one who called out to God may be got spiritual guidance to accept death with equal mindedness.

The one who was bitter with life didnt accept death with equal mindedness.

So are we sure that God doesnt help guide us?
May be He does if we call out to Him and the guidance might not always be a miracle but the guidance could work out for the betterment of our spiritual life after death.

So why not be a Pitchai?
A Bhagawan Pitchai?
One who begs from God for help and guidance.
I surrender to your surrender

It is the lack of faith of the supreme that one is not able to leave everything at his lotus feel, it is the lack of faith that lord will never foresake his devotees and it is the lack of faith that lord will provide his devotees whatever is required for them not more and not less. It is the lack of faith that the lord is more concerned for his devotees it is said one take one step towards the supreme he will take ten steps towards his devotees.

I personally think there is no God.. I mean there is space out there there is no indran.. chandran is moon, guru is Jupiter.. they are planets.. sorry to negate your argument here.. but just thought I will post what I thought.. but yes I do believe that thru some weird physics karma does work.

I personally think there is no God.. I mean there is space out there there is no indran.. chandran is moon, guru is Jupiter.. they are planets.. sorry to negate your argument here.. but just thought I will post what I thought.. but yes I do believe that thru some weird physics karma does work.
Its fine.
Many people do feel the same too that there is no God and some believe " There is no god but God"

Everything starts with a negation.

Latest ads

Back