• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mahavakya and Abject surrender is there contradiction

Dear Mr. Praveen,

Thank you.

I am not keen to continue in an environment where words are made to stand on their head and interpreted by admin and infarctions are handed out liberally and repeatedly to select few. A witless, humorless, soulless environment will only encourage sub-standard outpourings and C&P ing from web due to laziness to think and add any value. It appears you are happy with only such a crowd. Be happy. All the best. Good bye.

If you think you have respect for differing views try to leave this post untouched at least for a week. Thanks.

I am sorry to see you go. But we are all expendable.
Even in your last post you still keep insulting others members.
I pity the people you have to deal with in real life. I bet you have a different personality outside of this forum.

A witless, humorless, soulless environment will only encourage sub-standard outpourings and C&P ing from web due to laziness to think and add any value.

This paints the entire site as substandard, and you alone (IYAAAAAAA) alone was adding Value, what an ego!!!!!!!!!

All the best. Good bye.

Dear Sir,

I have not been able to read many of your posts, but it is sad to see your message about leaving the forum. As of now, I don't see too many regular members contributing here. I understand you are a veteran who has contributed a huge number of messages and a lot of time in this forum, so I presume that it must have been a difficult decision for you too. Hence I appeal to you to reconsider your decision and keep posting, whenever you find the time and feel so inclined :)

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

This was the correction :)

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, (and their wives) happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

Why a correction when no body raised a factual error in your post .

Well, a correction may be applied due to several reasons, not necessarily a factual error!

In fact nobody responded - I got it wrong? Thiagaraja and his wife are there with explicit demeaning observations
in that correction Why did you delete that correction?

Because, though we haven't interacted before, something told me that, you might not have the sense of humor to appreciate the statement and might misunderstand or misinterpret it. So I thought of deleting it then. :)

Now you come out " it is nothing to do with Thiagarja or his wife

And I repeat, Nor does it have anything to do with Thyagaraja or his wife :)

I will never ask or accept your Bashyam (1 2 3 or 4)with some lofty implicit meanings for your vanished post

Who cares. I post here at my pleasure and for my satisfaction and not to enlighten anybody.

BTW...I have given that (correction) post above, without any bashyam or meanings :)

Dear Sir,

I have not been able to read many of your posts, but it is sad to see your message about leaving the forum. As of now, I don't see too many regular members contributing here. I understand you are a veteran who has contributed a huge number of messages and a lot of time in this forum, so I presume that it must have been a difficult decision for you too. Hence I appeal to you to reconsider your decision and keep posting, whenever you find the time and feel so inclined :)

Mr Vaagmi only said Good bye to the thread and not to the forum, I think. He may be back one way or the other (even in another avatara)

My opinion: Members do not leave because they have issues with other members.

They leave if they do not find content here relevant anymore or if they believe they were treated unfairly or both.

I support Mr Vaagmi's return.

I
This paints the entire site as substandard, and you alone (IYAAAAAAA) alone was adding Value, what an ego!!!!!!!!!

I am not keen to continue in an environment where . A witless, humorless, soulless environment will only encourage sub-standard outpourings and C&P ing from web due to laziness to think and add any value. It appears you are happy with only such a crowd. Be happy. All the best. Good bye.

If you think you have respect for differing views try to leave this post untouched at least for a week. Thanks.

KRN;408459 Because said:
Birds of a feather flock together and their mind seldom differ!
Blame the audience if their jokes don't evoke laughter The problem is with the joker and his joke! Erase who cares ego and come out with better jokes!

Birds of a feather flock together and their mind seldom differ!

Of course...that's why a lot of brahmin birds have flocked here...

And....one who looks at others with a jaundiced eye can never be happy.... :)

Blame the audience if their jokes don't evoke laughter

Of course, if the audience jumps the gun and sees things with a jaundiced look...

The problem is with the joker and his joke! Erase who cares ego and come out with better jokes!

That's my policy with those who makes statements like the ones you have given :)

Perhaps the joke is squarely on you for grossly misinterpreting a joke and calumniating others without reason....

Last edited:
Because, though we haven't interacted before, something told me that, you might not have the sense of humor to appreciate the statement and might misunderstand or misinterpret it. So I thought of deleting it then. :)

Perhaps the joke is squarely on you for grossly misinterpreting a joke and calumniating others without reason....

Sense of humor to appreciate a statement where there is no joke? When there is no joke how could that be misinterpreted? Where is the reason?

Sense of humor to appreciate a statement where there is no joke? When there is no joke how could that be misinterpreted? Where is the reason?

Sir, That you alone can tell...:)
You ask yourself why you wantonly jump into conclusions and misinterpret others' statements and calumniate others..

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, (and their wives) happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

You claim - And I repeat Nor does it have any thing to do with Thiagaraja or his wife.

Before correction it was only Thiagarajs But on correction Thiagarajan was not removed but his wife was also dragged in! Shows clueless confusion! Refrain from throwing hints and clues!

You claim - And I repeat Nor does it have any thing to do with Thiagaraja or his wife.

Before correction it was only Thiagarajs But on correction Thiagarajan was not removed but his wife was also dragged in! Shows clueless confusion!

Where is his wife dragged in?

Refrain from throwing hints and clues!

Then refrain from asking questions about the "reason" behind your behaviour :)

You cannot dictate to others how they should respond to your posts.

Last edited:

Thiagaraja was on road every morning for Unjavrithi and not roaming about making money by hook and crook!

He chose Rama's sannidhi instead of nidhi because of his Ramabhakthi

This is the Vision about him from recorded history!

The original post projects him differently with factual error.The correction drags their wives and justified in the below quoted post!

Well, a correction may be applied due to several reasons, not necessarily a factual error!

Where is yellow (Jaundice) here? Not in the readers eye Then the yellow is with the author obviously in his journalistic skill!

Yellow Jai ho!

Yellow podu ! Whistle podu !!

https://youtu.be/Enwc24xHayY

Celebrate yellow!

Thiagaraja was on road every morning for Unjavrithi and not roaming about making money by hook and crook!

He chose Rama's sannidhi instead of nidhi because of his Ramabhakthi

This is the Vision about him from recorded history!

Very true.

And hence it is obvious that by 'they' and by 'Men in this world' in the below quote, the sage was not primarily referring to himself, but to some other people. And by 'their wives' I referred to the consorts of these men and not to Thyagaraja's wife.

Meaning:
O Rama, we do not know the path of devotion! Men in this whole world only roam about in tension all over without being aware of the path of devotion. They get up at dawn, attend to their ablutions, wear the emblems of creed and count the beads appearing to be spiritual and religious, but busy with their working out the strategy for making money by hook or crook.

The original post projects him differently with factual error.The correction drags their wives and justified in the below quoted post!

Which original post? Pls be clear. Do you mean your post that I have provided above, in italics?

Or if you mean a post from me, pls clarify what this "factual error" is.

And you have not yet told me where Thyagaraja's wife is dragged in.

Your messages appears jumbled and confused...

Where is yellow (Jaundice) here? Not in the readers eye

It may be in the eye of whoever jumps into unwarranted conclusions, like with 'Thyagaraja's wife', for instance.

Then the yellow is with the author obviously in his journalistic skill!

The original author is Thyagaraja. Perhaps you were referring to his journalistic skill?

Or perhaps you were referring to your skills with adjectives like insensitive insinuating misogynistic, SV sekar mentality and so on?

Yellow podu ! Whistle podu !!

Celebrate yellow!

A very nice colour, if within limits. One of the colours of the six thinking hats, very useful in decision making :)

Last edited:
Anyway, I liked the quote....and no hard feelings.
Please post more such interesting quotes from Thyagaraja and/or other saints :)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Applaud Mr KRN and Madam JJ to have provided some entertainment (though I did not fully understand what was being talked about). In the end they both are gracious to each other. Exemplary

Anyway, I liked the quote....and no hard feelings.
Please post more such interesting quotes from Thyagaraja and/or other saints :)

Why not ? We see some white smoke and nothing yellow - I enjoyed the engagement - No hard feelings!

https://youtu.be/9wR-mQQ7VZ4

This by Dikshidar Thiagaraja and Dikshidar together visited this temple at Puduagraharam in Tiruvaiyaru and on request by Thiagaraja he composed this song Temple is unique in that here Rama is பட்டாபிஷேக காேலம் In Mudikondan Rama gave dharshan in பட்டாபிஷேக காேலம் to sage Bharathwaj even before he was crowned on his way back to Ayodhya from Srilanka The sanctum has Kothandaramar and Ranganathar and not Pattabiramar as the name Mudikondan would imply

https://youtu.be/9wR-mQQ7VZ4

This by Dikshidar Thiagaraja and Dikshidar together visited this temple at Puduagraharam in Tiruvaiyaru and on request by Thiagaraja he composed this song Temple is unique in that here Rama is பட்டாபிஷேக காேலம் In Mudikondan Rama gave dharshan in பட்டாபிஷேக காேலம் to sage Bharathwaj even before he was crowned on his way back to Ayodhya from Srilanka The sanctum has Kothandaramar and Ranganathar and not Pattabiramar as the name Mudikondan would imply

Nice..!

mAmava paTTAbhirAma jaya mAruti sannuta nAma rAma

kOmaLatara pallavapada kOdaNDarAma ghanashyAmaLa vigrahAbjanayana sampUrNakAma raghu rAmakalyANarAma rAma

chatracamarakaradhRta bharatalakSmaNa shatrughna vibhISaNa sugrIva pramukhAdi sEvita atrivasiSThAdyanugrahapAtra dasharathaputra mAniraHNgavalyAlaHNkRta navaratna manTape vicitra maNimaya sihmAsanE sItayAsaha samsthita sucaritra paramapa vitra guruguha mitra paHNkajamitra vamshasudhAmbudhicandra mEdinIpAla rAmacandra

Protect me....O Pattabhirama, whose name Rama is glorified by victorious Maruti!

Lord Kodandarama, your feet are soft, like the tender leaf. Your form is of dark blue in hue. You have lotus-like eyes. The perfect one, he is Raghurama and Kalyanaramachandra, bestower of auspicious things.

He is attended upon by his brothers Bharata, Lakshmana, and Satrughna, who bear his royal umbrella and the Chatra and Chamara, while Vibhishana, Sugriva, and other eminent personalities pay obeisance to him. He is the recipient of the blessings of the great preceptors such as Atri, Vasishtha, and others. He is seated along with goddess Sita, his consort, on a unique gem-bedecked throne, in a hall decorated colorfully with precious gem-studded furnishings. The story of his great life is the sanctimonious one, capable of bestowing salvation. He is the dear one of Guruguha, and is like the moon to the ocean of the solar dynasty. He is the protector of the Universe.

Latest ads

Back