• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mahavakya and Abject surrender is there contradiction

That's great Sir. Nice explanation.

And by the way, guess you forgot to give the link this time :)

That explanation was for Mr. A-TB.

Even in your graciousness, you have to have a barb.

If you thanked someone they should watch out as if will be followed by a poisonous dart.
My post #67, and #68 were together and the link was in post#68, which you surely noticed.
I suppose I should check that KRN is not copyrighted!!!!

By the way, your handle is not original.

Krajowa Rada Narodowa in Polish (translated as State National Council or Homeland National Council, abbreviated to KRN) was a parliament-like political body created during the later period of World War II in German-occupied Warsaw. It was intended as a communist-controlled center of authority, challenging organs of the mainstream Polish Underground State. The existence of the KRN was later accepted by the Soviet Union and the council became to a large extent subjugated and controlled by the Soviets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_National_Council

Last edited:
Hi,

I was asking similar questions of "renuka" - and awaiting a response.

like what's the difference between 'bhakti texts' and 'bhakti path'?

So I'd leave it to her, if she so desires, to explain terms and clear your confusion.

Is it just my confusion or confusion across the board? If the answer is simple it would be easy to answer.
Chances are high that most do not understand the basic terms even remotely but are able to dabble in detailed arguments.

I would like to see if one member can give a simple and clear meaning to each of the terms.

https://youtu.be/YncbstQ1HEk

This by Thiagjaraja in Dhenuka and not by Renuka!

Meaning:
O Rama, we do not know the path of devotion! Men in this whole world only roam about in tension all over without being aware of the path of devotion. They get up at dawn, attend to their ablutions, wear the emblems of creed and count the beads appearing to be spiritual and religious, but busy with their working out the strategy for making money by hook or crook.

Hi,

I was asking similar questions of "renuka" - and awaiting a response.

like what's the difference between 'bhakti texts' and 'bhakti path'?

So I'd leave it to her, if she so desires, to explain terms and clear your confusion.

Ok..I am free now..sleep cycle disturbed cos watching football!

Bhakti text is a collection of personal opinions with a heavy dose of emotions and desires.
Even the desire for God is yet a desire.

Bhakti path on the other hand is a selfless..desireless state of UNIFYING( a termed used by Biswa ji) with the original source of creation( God) with no terms and condition from the Bhakta.

What many mistakenly call Bhakti is just pooja for personal gain of somekind or the other based on either an acute need or a chronic need.

That explanation was for Mr. A-TB.

OK then...sorry for butting in. However I don't see that message addressed to anyone in particular.

Even in your graciousness, you have to have a barb.

Not this time...I know you have the practice of giving links along with your message. So I thought you forgot to give the link this time. I noticed #68, but thought the link you gave there pertains to #68, not #67.

If you thanked someone they should watch out as if will be followed by a poisonous dart.
My post #67, and #68 were together and the link was in post#68, which you surely noticed.
I suppose I should check that KRN is not copyrighted!!!!

But...."poisonous dart!" That is a bit too much for a light hearted remark.

Let me clarify once again - I never criticised your practice of copy pasting messages....The issue I have with them is perhaps you don't verify the information or exercise diligence in choosing your material from websites, and just a few times, when I had free time, I tried to correct the information that I know is bogus.

By the way, your handle is not original.

Yes Sir...in addition to my name there are a lot many things of which KRN is an abbreviation of..I hope you will continue googling and post more such informative stuff..on others' handles as well. :)

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/YncbstQ1HEk

This by Thiagjaraja in Dhenuka and not by Renuka!

Meaning:
O Rama, we do not know the path of devotion! Men in this whole world only roam about in tension all over without being aware of the path of devotion. They get up at dawn, attend to their ablutions, wear the emblems of creed and count the beads appearing to be spiritual and religious, but busy with their working out the strategy for making money by hook or crook.

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

KRNji, and Vaagmiji,

Is it the common trait that both of you attack the poster. Both of you are mature in age, but alas

Kabir Dohas
[FONT=&quot]Bada Hua To Kya Hua, Jaise Ped Khajoor
Panthi Ko Chhaya Nahin, Phal Laage Atidoor
[/FONT]

doha7_1.gif

[FONT=&quot]Translation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In vain is the eminence, just like a date tree
No shade for travelers, fruit is hard to reach[/FONT]

Last edited:
You should read a post, I think it is appropriate

Sir,
You should read a post, even more appropriate, as it came from yourself.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=38555&p=407770#post407770

At last, you have yourself copy pasted a message, defining Bhakti as love. To the Bhaktas, the lord is the be'love'd. So when someone selectively copy pastes messages misinterpreting Bhakti, misinterpreting the concept of the God who is the beloved of the Bhaktas, comparing in a bad way with Aurangzeb etc, or denigrating Bhaktas themselves, saying that they are worse than animals, calling them hallucinators, such messages are likely "poisonous darts" to bhaktas, since you are attacking them at the point where they have centered their love. And you have been regularly strewing such poisonous darts, in this forum.

So I find it downright amusing that you bristle at a chance remark from me at your not providing the link in a post of yours, and start calling it "poisonous dart".

KRNji, and Vaagmiji,

Sir, that doha from Kabir applies very well to this thread. You started in full eminence and doled out advice that one should follow the unique, uncompromising, individual path. But when I repeatedly asked you what your "path" is, and how you keep it unique, uncompromising and individualistic, the response has not been forthcoming. Alas, as Kabir sang, No shade for travelers, fruit is hard to reach.

Bada Hua To Kya Hua, Jaise Ped Khajoor
Panthi Ko Chhaya Nahin, Phal Laage Atidoor

doha7_1.gif

Translation
In vain is the eminence, just like a date tree
No shade for travelers, fruit is hard to reach

Is it the common trait that both of you attack the poster

Attacking the poster? What do you mean, by "attack"? Can you elaborate please.

Do you mean, when you copy paste bogus information and fabrications from random websites with no credibility, (like in an earlier thread where you claimed that Bhakti in India owes its origin to foreign/islamic influences) everyone should gobble it up without questioning, and if someone asks a question or corrects the misleading information, you consider it an attack on your person?

And that Rama himself, prayed to by Thyagaraja, happens to drive those poor men who are busy roaming about in tension making money by hook and crook.....

One correction followed this - demeaning Thiagarajas Bhakthi and an insensitive insinuating misogynistic remark about his wife - has vanished withdrawn in haste with no apology - S Ve Sekar mentality!

It's football fever everywhere, and soon after the worldcup there will be our local games in my place. I will not be visiting this forum for a week, as I will be busy with preparations for our local games, in addition to my regular work.

So, after the 7th, I will visit this forum again and respond to your ideas, bouquets, brickbats, poisonous darts, if any, requiring my reply :)

Last edited:
One correction followed this - demeaning Thiagarajas Bhakthi and an insensitive insinuating misogynistic remark about his wife - has vanished withdrawn in haste with no apology - S Ve Sekar mentality!

Yeah there was a correction, but as I surmised, you got it all wrong. It had nothing at all to do with Rishi Thyagaraja or his Bhakti, nor his wife...and as for the adjectives you chose, it only tells me a lot about yourself :)

In fact I thought of first waiting to see the responses, if any, to my earlier message that you can still see there, hence removed the correction for later!

Well, More on it, when I am back :)

Last edited:
Birds of a feather flock togerher

One will post correction Another asks for Bhashyam 3 & 4 and before you respond will vanish !

I have hardly interacted with Sri Vaagmi and the few of his messages that I read till now gives me a good impression of him. Going by the earlier message from Sri Prasad, and this message from one adjective-friendly "Janaki Jambunathan" who has never interacted with me till today, I am starting to feel it a honour to be clubbed with Sri Vaagmi :)

Last edited:
Yeah there was a correction, but as I surmised, you got it all wrong. It had nothing at all to do with Rishi Thyagaraja or his Bhakti, nor his wife...and as for the adjectives you chose, it only tells me a lot about yourself :)

In fact I thought of first waiting to see the responses, if any, to my earlier message that you can still see there, hence removed the correction for later!

Well, More on it, when I am back :)

Why a correction when no body raised a factual error in your post . In fact nobody responded - I got it wrong? Thiagaraja and his wife are there with explicit demeaning observations
in that correction Why did you delete that correction? Now you come out " it is nothing to do with Thiagarja or his wife - I will never ask or accept your Bashyam (1 2 3 or 4)with some lofty implicit meanings for your vanished post JJ will respond when warranted it is my choice and not your right!

Is it the common trait that both of you attack the poster. Both of you are mature in age, but alas

Prasadji,

Since this is addressed to me too I reply.

What do you mean by "attack"?

It appears it has different meanings in different contexts for you.

Now I am telling you that this above quoted post of you is attacking me and Sri KRN. Please read further.

The sentence "Both of you are mature in age, but alas..." is personally abusing us both.

Any one who reads this sentence will get the meaning that:

1) You two are matured on age whereas you are both immature in everything else.

2) In otherwords "you are both just two oldies who have brains just the size of pig's and I (Prasad) know that you are just two noisy, troublesome and immature brats regularly hitting me with your attacking posts".

Now please tello me whether the post of you is an attack on us or not. And that will answer who is attacking whom. LOL.

Another asks for Bhashyam 3 & 4 and before you respond will vanish !

JJji,

You may wish that I vanish. But I stay here firmly and am waiting for the Jambu Bashyams.

Please write them and present here in the language commonly known as English. Thank you.

JJ's posts are உள்ளங்கை நெல்லிக்கனி - A few see as sore in their palms! The problem is in their eyes that should be corrected with கண்ணாடி - கைப்புண்ணுக்கு கண்ணாடி? Bhashyam is no solution for defective vision! Put on your கண்ணாடி and search for request Bhashyam 3 & 4 - It has vanished!

<if your reply is intended to mock a reply/poster, then please avoid such posts. Posts of such nature are deleted and continuous posts of the same nature will result in your membership being terminated without notice>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear ஔயைார்!

Don't be confused ! உள்ளங்கை நெல்லிக்கனி is given with best wishes for your longevity . Take it as such !

சுட்ட பழம் choice may be a little hot for you to manage You understood your folly of your choice when accepted You were enlightened became a vaggiyakars and started singing adding more to பழம் - like பழம் நீயப்பா ஞானப்பழம் நீயப்பா அருள் ஞானப்பழம்நீயப்பா ... Singing அராேகர instead of பல்லாண்டு - தர்ம சங்கடம் again!

<if your reply is intended to mock a reply/poster, then please avoid such posts. Posts of such nature are deleted and continuous posts of the same nature will result in your membership being terminated without notice>

Dear Mr. Praveen,

Thank you.

I am not keen to continue in an environment where words are made to stand on their head and interpreted by admin and infarctions are handed out liberally and repeatedly to select few. A witless, humorless, soulless environment will only encourage sub-standard outpourings and C&P ing from web due to laziness to think and add any value. It appears you are happy with only such a crowd. Be happy. All the best. Good bye.

If you think you have respect for differing views try to leave this post untouched at least for a week. Thanks.

Latest ads

Back