• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Addressing abject poverty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Is our Govt incapable of rehabilitating beggars? Or is it a crime that many people commit themselves that no Govt can address? I guess some NRIs working in this line.Is there a political unwillingness to eradicate this evil?(Remember Parasakthi dialogues??) . Or do more people come to this though they can find alternatives ( As many movies suggest of beggars owning a huge wealth ....Though exaggerated no one knows the reality).

Do we help them (by giving one or two rupees...I dont think many go beyond it)? Do we need to give money for children? How else we can address the issue? By giving money are we helping them? Or are we increasing the menace of begging?

Whats ur view on the saying 'Ee ena irathal ilinthandru.Eeyen ena iruthal athaninum ilinthandru'.

Thanks,
Fire

as long as the parties like Congress and their ilk run the country and want to run the country, there will be poverty. parties like congress thrive on it. they stay in power as long as there are poor people. they can keep making promises and prolong the situation and not do anything about it. congress is built on the promise of poverty.
Most poeple who want to tackle the problem of poverty approach the topic with a flawed idea. if ur starting basis is to eradicate poverty, I think that is something that is not attainable. poverty is something that cannot be eliminated or eradicated. Reducing poverty is a better way to target the issue and work towards it. giving to the poor by taking it from the rich is not going to solve it either. if u have to bridge the gap, try to raise the once who are downtrodden and in poverty to a higher standard. all the politicans and most good people have been doing things the reverse.trying to bridge the gap by moving from top to bottom.
as the chinese proverbs goes " give a man a fish, u feed him for a day, teach him to fish, he can feed himself for life."

I think our pazamozhi is based on the fact that lots of ascetics lived during that time. But today beggars are just poor and lazy. I am not sure how much they worship god.

But in lot of shiva temples, especially siva thalangal there are ascetics and in this material world they are being neglected. Is this another sign of our fading culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back