• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Songs..... Beautiful TAMIL songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings.

I watched this movie sometime when I was young in one of the 'touring talkies', many many moons ago ( I stil remember which talkies, though). I just loved one of the songs. I used to murmur that song all the time. Once (I think, recently..) my wife said, "you shouldn't be saying that! someone else should say that!".... I said to her " well, no one said this for the past half a century... don't think anyone saying that in the near future either... I might as well help myself!"......

nallavan enakku naane nallavan - YouTube

Cheers!

When I was studying 7th standard, this movie was an old movie. I remember watching this movie 'iru Malargal', screened in my school. one of my favourite songs......

Raghy sir, what year was that... I wish I had chosen this song for my dance performance at my school, I guess we ended up with a dance drama relating to Basmasuran and Mohini, or was it a scene from Ramayanam not sure of the sequence anyway, since I was taller than most of the girls they made me Basmasuran.. well at least I got a standing ovation for my performance.. that was quite a thrilling experience..

But coming back to the song one of the best by TMS of course Shivaji's expression was too good and Padmini I felt something was lacking something, seeing it after so many years, I love Kamala lakshmanan she is the best dancer ever.. she is so humble even today.. saw her almost two years ago. :)

Greetings.

I watched this movie sometime when I was young in one of the 'touring talkies', many many moons ago ( I stil remember which talkies, though). I just loved one of the songs. I used to murmur that song all the time. Once (I think, recently..) my wife said, "you shouldn't be saying that! someone else should say that!".... I said to her " well, no one said this for the past half a century... don't think anyone saying that in the near future either... I might as well help myself!"......

nallavan enakku naane nallavan - YouTube

Cheers!

No doubt that was a fine song indeed, and sometimes nammalle dhaan chollikanam nobody is going to say it.. heheheheee!!!

When I was studying 7th standard, this movie was an old movie. I remember watching this movie 'iru Malargal', screened in my school. one of my favourite songs......

Raghy sir, what year was that... I wish I had chosen this song for my dance performance at my school, I guess we ended up with a dance drama relating to Basmasuran and Mohini, or was it a scene from Ramayanam not sure of the sequence anyway, since I was taller than most of the girls they made me Basmasuran.. well at least I got a standing ovation for my performance.. that was quite a thrilling experience..

But coming back to the song one of the best by TMS of course Shivaji's expression was too good and Padmini I felt something was lacking something, seeing it after so many years, I love Kamala lakshmanan she is the best dancer ever.. she is so humble even today.. saw her almost two years ago. :)

Sowbagyavathy Subhalakshmi, Greetings.

It was late 1960s.... if I am not wrong, possibly 1967. This song was just fantastic. I heard this song in the radio many many times. I posted this song for the song; not for the dance though. I have seen some of Kamala Lakshman's dance in the you tube. They are very nice!

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Subhalakshmi, Greetings.

It was late 1960s.... if I am not wrong, possibly 1967. This song was just fantastic. I heard this song in the radio many many times. I posted this song for the song; not for the dance though. I have seen some of Kamala Lakshman's dance in the you tube. They are very nice!

Cheers!

I know the song is fantastic no doubt.. I just made an observation of the dance that is all.. :)

Greetings.

'Mahakavi Kalidas' was released when I was in primary school. I just love few of the songs in that movie. Heard them all through my adolescence years during every wedding, functions in the temples etc. The best of the lot, my favourite song is based on my feelings and environment in the village. Just can't stop loving this song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxsCFbPU00

Cheers!

Bushu,

Pl, Call me only Alwan.No Alwan sir.

Thanks for giving the name of the Heroine Jamuna,I was wondering who the Cute one was.I have already posted 2,3 more of Jay and Jamuna,May be all from the same film.
Thanks for your continuous likes.
Alwan

Enna vegam nillu bhama was so hilarious.. Jayshanker was my favourite hero at one time.. hahahahahaaa Jamuna is like my sister, still have touch with her. she was cute too.. brought back memories.. all the songs are awesome memory milestones.. we all seem to be on same page here.. thanks Alwan sir.. :)

Greetings.

'Mahakavi Kalidas' was released when I was in primary school. I just love few of the songs in that movie. Heard them all through my adolescence years during every wedding, functions in the temples etc. The best of the lot, my favourite song is based on my feelings and environment in the village. Just can't stop loving this song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxsCFbPU00

Cheers!

O it was one of the best I had forgotten this one.. did not realize this was black and white, still it is a classic film.. great acting.. who was the lady who danced.. she was awesome.. Not Padma Subramanian??? just curious.. thanks Raghy sir.. :)

Bushu,

Pl, Call me only Alwan.No Alwan sir.

Thanks for giving the name of the Heroine Jamuna,I was wondering who the Cute one was.I have already posted 2,3 more of Jay and Jamuna,May be all from the same film.
Thanks for your continuous likes.
Alwan

Ok Alwan, :) nice songs that you have remembered and posting.. all of them like you I had also loved.. and also Raghy sir is also reminding me of that era more.. what happened to all that .. I miss that time.. I wish there is a group that can be formed just to sing and have fun anyway.. thanks..

Yeah you had posted some of Jamuna's songs, in the same movie.. Jamuna has mostly played a spoiled brat in movies a role which she does with ease.. she is a good actress, I grew up knowing her, I still have the watch she presented me for my I think 17th birthday.. :) she also sang a hindi song for us.. God this is bringing back so many memories... thanks!!!

Madras Nalla Madras is another classic.. Nagesh was so good so was Manoramma.. take care..

Bushu :)

Greetings.

He set her up with this song.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGt3LmvljyE

She got back to him with this song...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0GEAUaj8mg&feature=related

அடுத்த வீட்டுப் பெண் செய்யும் அமர்க்களம்!

Cheers!

This is Awesome!!! I never knew that Adutha veetu penn was padosan, I don't think I saw this movie.. in fact, never liked Mehmood's acting in Padosan, here I forget the actor's name he is so natural.. thanks for sharing.. :) both songs are too good..

Greetings.

I don't think I watched this movie. But I grew up listening this song like any other Tamizhan........ Kappalottiya Thamizhan song.... This is one great Tamizh song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mPlD_6kIs&feature=related

Cheers!

Absolutely a sweet song, PBS and Susheela rock and the on screen romance is quite magical for those days and they were husband and wife already at that time.. I just love Savithri, nobody can match her in acting, she was as beautiful in person as she was on screen.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back