• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Should makeup be banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, before I get accused of gender-bias by Amala, let me ask

who is more handsome - Iyer Boys or Iyengar Boys?!

ok, before I get accused of gender-bias by Amala, let me ask

who is more handsome - Iyer Boys or Iyengar Boys?!

Dr Barani,

I did give you a complement yesterday in this thread but I have no idea if you are iyer or iyengar.

Hey why dont we have a Ms Iyer/Ms Iyengar and Mr Iyer/Mr Iyengar contest in this forum.

Candidates will be judged not only on personality but also on religious knowledge and general knowledge.

Wonder if anyone is interested??

Candidates will be judged not only on personality but also on religious knowledge and general knowledge.

Wonder if anyone is interested??

Fine! I will be the Judge! :) After all, my general knowledge is average, religious knowledge is nonexistent, and looks are about questionable levels, I guess I am most suitable to judge others!

Lets set the contest rules!

Just received a PM (ok, imaginary but lets call it real) from a CrossDresser that we are being unfair to them by not having a contest for them!

Therefore, Lets also elect Ms/Mr/Mrs TB CrossDressser!

Remember, SuperStar Rajnikanth has acted in saree! So did the illustrious MGR! And it goes without saying that many women in celluloid world have dressed in Jeans and Shirts...

All contests shall be with makeups, course!

hi sir
iyer girls are beautiful with make up.....iyengar gals are with out make up beautiful......becoz iyer gals are thayir saadham...

iyengar gals are puliyodarai....

regards
tbs

um... today is a special day in "Aadi" and we had both Puliyodere and Thayir Saadham... I am afraid of imagining the net effect!

Fine! I will be the Judge! :) After all, my general knowledge is average, religious knowledge is nonexistent, and looks are about questionable levels, I guess I am most suitable to judge others!

Lets set the contest rules!

Dr Barani,

I also have to be a judge since I am neither Iyer nor Iyengar and I can help out judging the personality part of the contestants cos as a doc i have experience in outer beauty and inner beauty (Xrays,MRI,post mortems)

Rules and Regulations:

1)Open to all members in forum
2)Both married and unmarried can join
3)Age no bar
4)Contestants will have Geeta recital round.
5)Bhajan singing round.
6)Commercial songs singing round
7)Q and A about current affairs.
8)Fitness levels rounds Q and A
9)Close up pics to be sent to judges in traditional attire.
10)1st prize is a trip to Hawaii

I have seen girls without any make-up, simple , charming and elegant. Afterall,
this is how they look without it when they are indoors.

You don't beautify the beauty. It adds nothing to it.

At the sametime, make-up need not be banned ; it is one's right.

Dr Barani,

I also have to be a judge since I am neither Iyer nor Iyengar

You mean "not born as Iyer or Iyengar". Who cares. by practice you are now a certified Palakkad Iyer Brahmin!

From now on you shall be known as "RK Iyer" (in a genuine manner, not like MK Iyer, the funny one)!

Maamis and Maamas,

Lets welcome Renuka Iyer to our fold! We have a lot to learn from her knowledge and wisdom!

You mean "not born as Iyer or Iyengar". Who cares. by practice you are now a certified Palakkad Iyer Brahmin!

From now on you shall be known as "RK Iyer" (in a genuine manner, not like MK Iyer, the funny one)!

Maamis and Maamas,

Lets welcome Renuka Iyer to our fold! We have a lot to learn from her knowledge and wisdom!

:) saabaash !!

renu,

pray let me introduce you to the cuisine of palakkadu.

the way to one's heart is through one's stomach, i passionately feel.

and may we pattars welcome our newest conscript, and win over her heart through our food !!

Recipes of Palghat.pdf

Hey you guys are really funny!!! I cant stop laughing.If you guys make me RK Iyer (Pattar)..Biswa will be very happy becos I wont be able to comment on Vidya Balan anymore.

I really cant stop laughing here...hey guys I am trying to sing...
Na Me Mrtyur Shanka Na Me Jati Bheda and you guys made me RK Iyer today?
Aiyoo what to do?

Ok anyway thanks for your kind thoughts and recipes also.

Rekka hey if you are Pattar you can still disagree about Vidya, why not? Since you're made a pattar, can I become an Iyengar? Please :)

Anyway Dr Barani thanks for the dodgy sounding compliment :D.

I think Iyengar both men and women for their population are disproportionately more attractive than Iyers. I have always wondered why though.

amala,

do not please desert us. there ar plenty more spaces inthe palghat iyer household :)

viboothi anyday looks better than thirumann! i think.

Rekka hey if you are Pattar you can still disagree about Vidya, why not? Since you're made a pattar, can I become an Iyengar? Please :)

Anyway Dr Barani thanks for the dodgy sounding compliment :D.

I think Iyengar both men and women for their population are disproportionately more attractive than Iyers. I have always wondered why though.

Ok from now on you are now "blessed" to be "Amala Iyengar" of the Srirangam kind!

Remember, the main difference between Iyers and Iyengars is, they celebrate Gokulashtami on different dates and Iyengars call "samayal" as "thanigai"!

Once again, Maamis and Maamas (Ladies and Gentlemen)

Lets extend a wholehearted welcome to Ms Amala Iyengar!

Hearty welcome Ms.Amala Iyengar.....

* May be this new tittle would bring in auspeciousness of getting her a handsome Iyengar bridegroom...ASAP :)

Thanks :). I love puliyotharai more than thairusaadam anyway. But I have one doubt. Does that mean my kula deivam can't be Murugan anymore? hmmm

Thanks :). I love puliyotharai more than thairusaadam anyway. But I have one doubt. Does that mean my kula deivam can't be Murugan anymore? hmmm

Murugan or Venkateshwara, dosen't matter who to be Kuladeivam. Just enjoy Piliyotharai and Thirunamam...

Actually, historians say Murugan was the original deity in Thirumala (all hill top temples used to be Murugan temples), which was later usurped by Telugu Iyengars into Lord Venkateswara's abode. So, since both are the same, you got no worry!

Hey, just a funny story, so shoot me down for that! :)

And if you want a handsome Iyengar groom as Ravi said, you may want to embrace Iyengar Traits! Om Namo Narayanaya!

amala,

i am not so sure about this iyengar stuff.

after all, நெத்தியிலே நாமம் போட்டான் has far more connotations than viboothi. :)

no matter what, we love you :) all and wholesome !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back