• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saris disappearing from the big screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lamenting the disappearance of sari!!!!!!
This thread is fast going to the gutter. LOL

Always happy to make someone smile and laugh!
Oddly "பாஸ்டன்" is exactly how we pronounce Boston locally IN BOSTON but not how it is pronounced in the rest of the nation! Go figure!

:-D

பாஸ்டன் சங்கரா! ஜால்ரா ஆரம்பிக்கிறார்!!

For the benefit of those who can not read Tamil:
Boston Sankara! jAlrA ArambikkirAr!!
:pound:

Always happy to make someone smile and laugh!
Oddly "பாஸ்டன்" is exactly how we pronounce Boston locally IN BOSTON but not how it is pronounced in the rest of the nation! Go figure!

:-D
Dear Sankara,

My son's family lives in Boston. My DH and I were there for about 5 months, last year. If interested, you may go through
my PayaNak kavithaigaL thread, in the literature section. :ranger:

Best wishes..........

On a different note what if Drapadi was wearing, jeans and a t-shirt. Dussasan would have difficult time disrobing her, what would have Krishna done. LOL

cheer-haran_6412.jpg

Last edited:
Draupadi was already 'dragged' into the court, once. Please do not drag her again in this thread, please!

Ok for change since we dont want this thread being a Drag..so now lets welcome Drag!!!

Guys in Saree..

Tamil-actor-vikram-in-lady-getup-cinema.nowlix.com-2.jpg
Tamil-Comedy-Vivek-In-Lady-Getup-cinema.nowlix.com-2.jpg
prakash-raj-in-lady-getup-cinema.nowlix.com-1.jpg

Dear Prasadji,

Dont get upset ....we are just letting saree reappear on the big screen.

regards

Last edited:
We say Sari wearing is graceful. Irrespective of the style or colour or physical
stature of a person, Sari has its own feminine grace. Even today, we can see
the average lady wearing the Sari to the farm, market and in the kitchen too.
Ladies, of late, have restricted its usage to certain special occasions like
Wedding, Holy Rituals, etc. Some term it as lavish and expensive. We should
not forget our tradition. Some wonder, does this thread need so much of debate.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

We say Sari wearing is graceful. Irrespective of the style or colour or physical
stature of a person, Sari has its own feminine grace. Even today, we can see
the average lady wearing the Sari to the farm, market and in the kitchen too.
Ladies, of late, have restricted its usage to certain special occasions like
Wedding, Holy Rituals, etc. Some term it as lavish and expensive. We should
not forget our tradition. Some wonder, does this thread need so much of debate.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Righty said Shri Balasubramanian...

Nothing can match Paavaadai-Thaavani & Saree in terms of vibrating feminine grace..

Trisha-hot-in-saree-images-stills-cinema.nowlix.com-4.jpg

trisha3446.jpg

If Sri. Pradad wants everyone to stick to the OP, then all of us should say,

"Yes Sir, Yes Sir... Sarees are disappearing from the big screen! :pout:
"

Note: Actually, we are trying to prove that even guys wear sarees in the big screen!!

Hi guys!!

I have been down with second bout of the flu, and got up early so came to see what is new with all of you.. and I found this thread, I gather this was started some time ago, so I went through the entire postings, I was laughing and shared it with my husband as well.. I needed this cheer after three to four days suffering.. :) anyway, coming to the actual subject :) I also feel that sarees are disappearing from the Indian movie scenes.. but it it so thriving in all the Indian soaps, whether it is tamil, telugu or hindi etc..

I don't think that saree will ever disappear but will keep reinventing itself in many ways, a lot of the ball gowns imitate the sari... For me I love the saree no doubt, and I love the fact that I look my best in a saree, not that i cannot carry other garments well, but being who I am comes out in my saree.. and have collected a ton of them, that is one maya I have to give up also.. next in my list.. :)

On the movie " Kanchana" I saw a dubbed version in telugu, the character " Kanchana was it Sarath Kumar Radhika's husband??? whoever he was, he acted so well, when I saw the commercial, I was dreading to watch it..but after I watched the movie, I was so glad I did.. I always had respect for the " aravanis". In my teenage days I read a story about a mother giving her child away to the Aravanis and much much later, when the child appears on her doorstep she instinctively knows that it is her child seeing a big beautiful mole on her face.. at that moment I felt so defeated, as if it happened to me.. how could a mother give up her own child.. I cannot imagine doing something like that..

On a lighter note here is
images

the old and here is the new
images

Have great day, evening, wherever you are.. :)

Subhalakshmi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back