• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saris disappearing from the big screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sevikku unavu illaatha pothu :ear:

sirithu vayitrukkum eeyappdum ..original saying.

"மையல் seyyap padaatha pothu sirithu

"சமையல்" seyyappadum... revised saying! :becky:

Kitchen is the most dangerous place, what with the gas stove, cylinders, knives, boards, tap, running water and sink! :fear:

Anyone and everyone of these can become an instant enemy.

Boiling water, whistling cooker and smoking oils are additional threats. I try to spend as little time as I can in my kitchen. :bolt:

Kitchen is "THE" place!

I once saw the kumarirani of bobbili thrash comala gopinath in a game of tennis.

The victor was dressed in a sari, while the loser, wife of former madras cricket captain c.d.gopinath, was in skirts. In the 1950s, both were state ranked players.

Which goes to show, maybe someone can even win the wimbledon wearing a madisar or burqua.

Food, clothing and shelter – ie clothing comes only next to food, in our hierarchy of needs. The dress of the womenfolks of india, as a rule, have facilitated their mode of livelihood, in addition to their normal duties as mother or housewife. The fisherwives have their saris tucked between their legs, and so do the tambram women – both for different purposes, but both to facilitate their temporal duties.

i have always taken the sari to be a constant, atleast in the style that is worn now, by a majority of women in india. It was always the blouses that varied – long/short sleeved, sleeveless, puff sleeve, ¾ sleeve and such. But it was a (pleasant) surprise to me, to see vidya balan in parineeta, with a blouse so low cut at the back that it could be removed in one whoooosh (remember the song hui main?)

contrary to popular thinking, western women do offer modest classy dresses, debunking the myth that western women dress is slutty or come-ons. Smartly dressed jackets matched with skirs/pants, can be so appealing, so as to make even the blind man sit up and pay attention. Such is grace, grace which crosses across cultures and civilizations.

I have seen my own lady relatives in singpo, wearing saris and salwars to work, and these are high ranking folks. That is one aspect of singpo that they love – acceptance of Indian clothes, at work place, something that those in the west, cannot now avail of it now.

but who knows. In a few years, maybe.

One of the cousin sisters of Ram is a leading mine owner in Mysore. She has participated in a number of conferences abroad

and she dresses up always with a nice silk saree with lots of zari
and a matching blouse.

Likewise, Sri. P. Chidambaram always opts for pure white dhoti! :thumb:

and a matching blouse.

Likewise, Sri. P. Chidambaram always opts for pure white dhoti! :thumb:

without comments...

PC.jpg

Let us return to the main thread "Saris disappearing from the big screen?" . I don't think Saree will disappear from Big Screen. The trend of western clothing is limited to the stories happening in mega cities. Otherwise almost all regional movies continue with saree-clad women, except in the dance sequences.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

In a dance sequence a sari becomes a mini saree
(showing from knee downwards)
and wound round - as many times as the actor's hip will allow -
to bring out her curves.
:)

I learnt a lesson. Never use the word 'always'!

Today, Sri. P. Chidambaram was enjoying the republic day parade, dressed up in a nice suit! Saw in a few TV channels.

I learnt a lesson. Never use the word 'always'!

Today, Sri. P. Chidambaram was enjoying the republic day parade, dressed up in a nice suit! Saw in a few TV channels.

Ha. HA. That is what "Buddha" called middle path.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Bikinis are of the past-outdated, obsolete.

Now it the age of Inkib.... (reverse of Bikini) :doh:

A precariously placed G string and equally precariously placed two triangular patches!!! :shocked:

How is that they do not fall off???
:rolleyes:

Maamis these days say the darndest things! :D

Firstly ... :-O

but yes you know I'm all :-D on the inside! Goodness though! Valli... the bride of our hero but never less beautiful because of the fact! Jaya Renuka jaya Amala ... Jaya jaya shree Valli! The shakti presence is always represented to the most high and wise degree by these beautiful two.

hi
this song dedicated for sowbhagyavati renuka and amala garu.....

Selai kattum kodi parakuthu - YouTube

பாஸ்டன் சங்கரா! ஜால்ரா ஆரம்பிக்கிறார்!!

For the benefit of those who can not read Tamil:
Boston Sankara! jAlrA ArambikkirAr!!
:pound:

I know that people watch the cat walk of models wearing
next-to-nothing!!! :eek:
including some drooling maamaas! :becky:
But we can't even write about them. :nono:
How else can we PROVE that we are not the madi-sanchi out-dated mamis??? :rolleyes:

Maamis these days say the darndest things!

Let us all join him! :grouphug:

"Jaya jaya Sankara! :sing:

Hara hara Sankara!" :)

பாஸ்டன் சங்கரா! ஜால்ரா ஆரம்பிக்கிறார்!!

For the benefit of those who can not read Tamil:
Boston Sankara! jAlrA ArambikkirAr!!
:pound:

OMG! The bhajan group is on the increase!! :grouphug:

I got better wordings for my earlier post. Hence editing....

பாஸ்டன் சங்கரா, Best உங்க ஜால்ரா!

Last edited:
Dear TBS garu,

This song is for you..check out the guys in the Vesthi..and dont miss the girls too.
This song has all..Vesthis,Sarees,Dance outfits too both Hindi and Tamil lyrics too.

[video=youtube_share;6FteXhp7MZY]http://youtu.be/6FteXhp7MZY[/video]

Firstly ... :-O

but yes you know I'm all :-D on the inside! Goodness though! Valli... the bride of our hero but never less beautiful because of the fact! Jaya Renuka jaya Amala ... Jaya jaya shree Valli! The shakti presence is always represented to the most high and wise degree by these beautiful two.

Dear Boston,

Ok here is a nice song for you...

[video=youtube_share;y1roHAekbbI]http://youtu.be/y1roHAekbbI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back