• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Salmagundi or Avial (அவியல்).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen you telling this to others when they quote like I did. Is it a rule applicable to me only?
I can think of a few reasonable reasons.
- Copy and Paste of the referenced text in entirety without specific references to the content only add up to the storage space and provide no additional reference.
- When the referenced post is couple of posts away and most likely in the same viewable page, one can easily look it up.
It is usually a practice to quote a portion of the text on which you have additional comments or arguments and make your points below it.
- Although the message was directed at your post, it is a general comment for all of us to follow.
- Sometimes, people young or new at this site might not be aware or be exposed to such possibilities and hence a gentle help
- May be some of the older ones around here dont take the suggestions seriously, but some of the younger (younger in site experience) could take these hints sportively and move towards that space little more slowly :)

ps: All these thoughts are solely mine, not a substitute for the original reply.

No not at all! :nono:
The other do that WANTONLY! :heh:
I thought that being a new member you might be doing it UNKNOWINGLY!
Well if you too are doing it WANTONLY, :heh:
then go right ahead!!! :whistle:

I have not seen you telling this to others when they quote like I did. Is it a rule applicable to me only?

You have your option to live in the cleanest country in the world!! :)

I am still ‘thinking’ about what further items to post in "Thoughts.." and the "Occasional.."suffers from not coming across genuinely interesting new information to post ‘frequently’!!

Plus, my activities have suddenly hit a road block: I have an attack of allergic rhinitis that refuses to go away, and neither the allopathic system nor the ayurvedic system (at any rate their practitioners) could come with the right medicines. And the doctors harangue me not to use both the systems! Use one or the other. Why? Does anyone have an acceptable answer?
Anyway, the city is so polluted and dirty,only mother nature could come to my help.

I am sure you know that two different kinds of medical systems combined together do more harm than good.
Medicines act on the body in different subtle ways. They may cancel the good effects of one another
or join hands to increase the misery. Kerosene should never be mixed with water!!!:nono:

I am still ‘thinking’ about what further items to post in "Thoughts.." and the "Occasional.."suffers from not coming across genuinely interesting new information to post ‘frequently’!!

Plus, my activities have suddenly hit a road block: I have an attack of allergic rhinitis that refuses to go away, and neither the allopathic system nor the ayurvedic system (at any rate their practitioners) could come with the right medicines. And the doctors harangue me not to use both the systems! Use one or the other. Why? Does anyone have an acceptable answer?
Anyway, the city is so polluted and dirty,only mother nature could come to my help.

Last edited:
Dear Rosse_Frop Sir

You could try " THALISAADI CHURANAM " - made by IMPCOPS is about the best.
Takes a while for the symptoms to go - but it goes altogether. I't a bitter, brown
powder to be taken with milk / honey.

Now, please don't tell Tmt VR - she'll pounce on me, hold me by the collar
and call me ' Naattu Vaidyar ', worse still a 'Quack' !

Sure hope Rosse_Frop, your rhinitis gets cured.

Yay Yem

True Jeera Mam

Probably your turn now to hold me by the collar. And before you report the matter to
Avvaiyar, I must quickly admit it - " Rosse_Forp Sir " is correct.

But no typo/spelling error in the name of the Oushadham.

By the way does any one know whether Avvaiyaar [ Olavaiyaar!] had a younger sister
and what her name was ? Somebody on this forum should know - no puzzles / riddles
like " A Four letter word, starting with R and ending with I ", please.

Yay Yem

Dear Rosse_Forp Sir
[ Jeera Mam, I hope I got it right this time ]

"SALMAGUNDI" ! - doesn't sound nice phonetically. Seems to be descriptive of the
backside of a Top Actor! I think it will be safer to leave it as 'Aviyal' - at least
people will not lose their appetite.

Yay Yem

Dear Mr. A.M,
I can READ the posts by myself. :ranger:
I suggest that you change over to kurtas (minus collars). :whistle:
Remember there are many hair splitters (besides me) in this Forum! :)

Dear Rosse_Frop Sir

You could try " THALISAADI CHURANAM " - made by IMPCOPS is about the best.
Takes a while for the symptoms to go - but it goes altogether. I't a bitter, brown
powder to be taken with milk / honey.

Now, please don't tell Tmt VR - she'll pounce on me, hold me by the collar
and call me ' Naattu Vaidyar ', worse still a 'Quack' !

Sure hope Rosse_Frop, your rhinitis gets cured.

Yay Yem

Ijar ???:decision: Jeera??? :decision: ஜீரா ???

True Jeera Mam

Probably your turn now to hold me by the collar. And before you report the matter to
Avvaiyar, I must quickly admit it - " Rosse_Forp Sir " is correct.

But no typo/spelling error in the name of the Oushadham.

By the way does any one know whether Avvaiyaar [ Olavaiyaar!] had a younger sister
and what her name was ? Somebody on this forum should know - no puzzles / riddles
like " A Four letter word, starting with R and ending with I ", please.

Yay Yem

நான் தமிழில் அதிகம் எழுதுவதால், பெயர் மாற்றம் தமிழில் செய்யப்பட்டு, 'ஜீரா' ஆனது!

எப்படியானாலும், இனித்தால் சரிதான்!!
;)

நான் தமிழில் அதிகம் எழுதுவதால், பெயர் மாற்றம் தமிழில் செய்யப்பட்டு, 'ஜீரா' ஆனது!

;)

ஆஹா...!1 அடையும் அவியலும் சூப்பராக இருக்குமே...!!

ஆற , அமர உட்கார்ந்து சாப்பிட்டுவிட்டு..

அம்மாடி வயிறு வலிக்கிறேதே...என

அஞ்சு வேளை மருந்தும் ..மூணு வேளை ..

அரை பட்டினியும் எல்லோருக்கும் ஏற்றதே....!!

Tvk

Experience??:decision: Observation???

ஆஹா...!1 அடையும் அவியலும் சூப்பராக இருக்குமே...!!

ஆற , அமர உட்கார்ந்து சாப்பிட்டுவிட்டு..

அம்மாடி வயிறு வலிக்கிறேதே...என

அஞ்சு வேளை மருந்தும் ..மூணு வேளை ..

அரை பட்டினியும் எல்லோருக்கும் ஏற்றதே....!!

Tvk

Is JEERAA sweet??? :confused:
unless it is Jeeraa mittai!!! :)

;)

தவக்கவி அவர்களே!

என் தலைகீழ்ப் பெயரில், பாதி மருந்து உள்ளது!

அடை
மாவில்
ஜீர(கம்) சேர்த்து அரைத்து, பின் பாருங்கள்!

No வலி! No மருந்து!!
:D

Last edited:
Is JEERAA sweet???
Of couse, 'JeerA' is sweet - prepared in one / two string(s) consistency with sugar + water! :becky:
We use these two types to prepare 'jelEbi' and 'jAngari'
respectively. TBS Sir ..... :welcome:

What we call 'jeerA(m)' is actually 'seeragam'!
icon3.png

P.S: I like 'jeerAm' not only for its medicinal qualities but also because it is G. Ram!

ச‌ர்‌க்கரை ‌ஜீரா ‌மீ‌ந்து‌வி‌ட்டா‌ல்...

‌தீபாவ‌ளி‌க்கு செ‌ய்த குலோ‌ப் ஜாமூ‌ன் ‌ஜீரா ‌மீ‌ந்து‌வி‌ட்டதா? எ‌ன்ன செ‌‌ய்வது? எறு‌ம்பு‌த் தொ‌ல்லை‌யி‌ல் இரு‌ந்து த‌ப்‌பி‌க்க

தனை வா‌ஸ் பேஷ‌னி‌ல் கொ‌ட்டி ‌விடலாமா எ‌ன்று யோ‌சி‌‌த்து‌க் கொ‌ண்டிரு‌க்‌கி‌ன்‌றீ‌ர்களா? கவலை வே‌ண்டா‌ம்.

அத‌ற்கு நா‌ங்க‌ள் ந‌ல்ல ஐடியா‌த் தரு‌கிறோ‌ம். மைதா மா‌வி‌ல் ச‌ர்‌க்கரை ‌ஜீராவை ஊ‌ற்‌றி
க்‌ கரை‌த்து இ‌னி‌ப்பு தோசை

சு‌ட்டு‌க் கொடு‌க்கலா‌‌ம்.
அ‌ல்லது பாம்பே டோஸ்ட் செ‌ய்ய‌த் ‌தெ‌ரி‌ந்தா‌ல் அ‌தனை செ‌ய்யலா‌ம். இ‌ல்லையெ‌னி‌ல்,

ஆப்ப‌த்‌தி‌ற்கு பா‌ல் எடு‌க்கு‌ம்போது தே‌ங்கா‌ய் பா‌லி‌ல் இதனை சே‌ர்‌க்கலா‌ம்.
இதையெ‌ல்லா‌ம் ‌விட எ‌ளிதாக காரட்

அ‌ல்லது ‌பீ‌‌ட்ரூ‌ட் அ‌ல்வா செ‌ய்யவத‌ற்கு இ‌ந்த ‌ஜீராவை‌ப் பய‌ன்படு‌த்தலா‌ம். இ‌ந்த ‌ஜீராவை ஊ‌ற்‌றி கேச‌ரியு‌ம்

செ‌ய்யலா‌ம். த‌னி சுவையாக இரு‌க்கு‌ம்.

உ‌ங்க‌ள் ‌வீ‌‌ட்டு ‌சிறுசுக‌ள் தோசை அ‌ல்லது உ‌ப்புமா‌வி‌ற்கு‌த் தொ‌ட்டு‌க் கொ‌ள்ள ச‌ர்‌க்கரை கே‌ட்பவ‌ர்களாக இரு‌ந்தா‌ல்,

அ‌ப்போது ‌சி‌றிய ‌கி‌ண்ண‌த்‌தி‌ல் இதனை ஊ‌ற்‌றி, கேச‌ரி‌ப் பொடி தூ‌வி‌க் கொடு‌ங்க‌ள்.

Source:
Sugar Jera | Dewali | Gulob jamun | சர்க்கரை ஜீரா ...

தவக்கவி அவர்களே!

அடை
மாவில்

no வலி! No மருந்து!!
:d

ஆஹா... கண்டிப்பாக.. வயிற்றுவலி நண்பருக்கு சொல்கிறேன்....

இதுவரை அடையினால் நான் வயிற்று வலி அடையவில்லை..

Tvk

Salmagundi or Avial (அவியல்).

தவக்கவி அவர்களே!

அடை
மாவில்

No வலி! No மருந்து!!
:D

அம்மணி உண்மை தான்,

நான் அப்பொழுது மதுரை கல்லூரியல் கல்லூரி விடுதியில் தங்கி படித்து வந்தேன் . இரண்டாம் உலகப் போரின் விளைவாக மட்டமான உணவுப்பொருள்கள் தான் கிடைக்கும் . எனக்கு அந்த சமையல் ஒத்துக்கொள்ளவில்லை அடிக்கடி வயிற்றுப்போக்கு வந்து சிரமப்படுவேன் விடுதியின் தலைமை சமையல் அலுவலர் லக்ஷ்மண அய்யர் மிகவும் அன்பானவர் அவரால் முடிந்தவரை உதவுவார். வயிற்றுப்போக்கு நிற்க ஏதாவது ஹோட்டலிலிருந்து "ஜிலேபி ஜீரா " வாங்கி வந்து சாப்பிட சொல்வார் . இந்த கை வைத்தியம்
வாயிற்று போக்கை நிறுத்த மிகவும் உதவியது.

நலம் கோரும் ,
ப்ரஹ் மண்யன்,
பெங்களூரு

.......... இதுவரை அடையினால் நான் வயிற்று வலி அடையவில்லை..
உங்கள் மூளை மட்டும் அல்ல; ஜீரண உறுப்புக்களும் படு strong! :high5:

......... வயிற்றுப்போக்கு நிற்க ஏதாவது ஹோட்டலிலிருந்து "ஜிலேபி ஜீரா " வாங்கி வந்து சாப்பிட சொல்வார் . இந்த கை வைத்தியம் வயிற்றுப்போக்கை நிறுத்த மிகவும் உதவியது. .....
விசாகையில், எங்கள் பக்கத்து வீட்டில் வசித்தனர், கன்னட தேசத்தினர்.

அவர்களிடமிருந்து இந்த வைத்தியத்தைப் பற்றி நான் அறிவேன்!
icon3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back