• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Salmagundi or Avial (அவியல்).

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG! This aviyal is getting hot ... kAram!

green-chilli-images.jpg

Picture curtesy: Google images.

Dear Dear Dear Amritha Ji

I don't think it was ever Tmt VR's intention to "Yell" at you. In fact, I don't think she is capable of
'yelling' at anyone. On this very forum, I have poked, provoked and teased her a lot - sometimes
very mischievously so, and can tell you she's a great sporting lady with a terrific sense of humour
and very well read.

Ok. I'll stick my neck out - A BIG SORRY on behalf of the entire forum -
no intention ever, to offend you in any way.

OK? Now, as Guruvayur Swamy says " Ponaal Pogattum ", can we get a move on ?

You want to scream / yell at Ozone ? - it's your call !

Cheers
Yay Yem

You want to scream / yell at Ozone ? - it's your call !
Well, it can be his call, but it would as part of any other call, meaning, it must be as deserving.
So, I feel a disclaimer here is appropriate - the invitation for suggesting a name and offer of self was for a specific individual and not universal.

ok... Some sweets to cool down the temper!

jalebi-artificial-color.jpg

picture courtesy: Google images.

இது ஜாங்கிரியா அல்லது ஜிலேபியா..??

[ ஆஹா... அடுத்த விவாதம் ஆரம்பிக்கலாமா....??!! ]

tvk

I LET people live in peace and joy :dance:

as long as they don't mess with me wantonly!:heh:

Battle of WITS is one thing and :fencing:

battle of words is quite another!!! :argue:

Dear Tmt VR

You sound like Sherlock Holmes's - " Elementary Dr Watson ". Except that we have a Dr Ross here.
Even on the Naradar thing, you are pretty close.

Actually ' Dr. Ross ' sounds a lot better than the 'Busssss' thing no? But considering your affinity for
Apaana Vayu .................. . [ I'd rather leave it for him to decide ].

Yay Yem

கொம்பு சீவும் நண்பரே!
வளர்த்த கடா எகிறி மார்பில்
பாயாமல் இருந்தால் சரிதான்!

Dear Tmt VR

You sound like Sherlock Holmes's - " Elementary Dr Watson ". Except that we have a Dr Ross here.
Even on the Naradar thing, you are pretty close.

Actually ' Dr. Ross ' sounds a lot better than the 'Busssss' thing no? But considering your affinity for
Apaana Vayu .................. . [ I'd rather leave it for him to decide ].

Yay Yem

Sorry, I would stick with my old one. It has been in use for decades. Moreover, Naina sounds Indian.

@VR

Incidentally, I had a choice of 5 different names for the newly invented moniker for AM:

Anand-A - that would lead to MADnana
Anand-E - that would lead to MEDnana
Anand-I - that would lead to MIDnana
Anand-O - that would lead to MODnana
Anand-U - that would lead to MUDnana

And settled on MUD - I don’t know why (intuition?) But, in hindsight, that seems appropriate, considering the mud being flung around on my moniker!!

I prefer not to have mud in my avial!!

Last edited:
It is not strange that one of them is Naina

and the other is a nana with various prefixes!!!

Naina = nana (telugu) = father!!!

One Niana :fencing: One Nana!!! :)

Dr Ross Ji

I'm perfectly fine with "MAD"nana or "MUD"nana as a moniker and will never consider it
'mud slinging' of any sort.

Howsoever Dr Ross deems fit, so shall it be.:peace:

Yay Yem

India has one IST. But, the U S of A has different time zones!

If we take the lower 48, there are 4: Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.

If we take all 50 states/commonwealths, there are 6: Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, and Hawaii-Aleutian.

Dear Jeera Mam

That's exactly what surprised me. I have lived on all the continents for extended durations under
various assignments and have often been pretty dis-oriented when I used to travel a lot.

Even if we take the 'Eastern', it should've still been ' dead of the night '.

Yay Yem

Dear Dr.Ross,
Mud-flinging like the Holi of colors never goes out of season
or fashion in India and in the forum which is a mini India!!! :)

Holi is most celebrated in the Braj region of India, inlocations connected to Lord Krishna: Mathura, Vrindavan, Nandagaon, andBarsana, which become tourist destinations during the season of Holi.

Large parts ofSouth India, however, do not celebrate Holi with the same fervor.

Holi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back