• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Salmagundi or Avial (அவியல்).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So aviyal = a collection of random thoughts! :bump2:

One who loves the ADAI is sure to love the aviyal too! :)

What happened to the Thoughts thread and

the occasional interesting information???:confused:
dear VR !
you are giving main food (adai)and this is side dish.as said in his OP by Mr.naina_ marbus all left out item will be given as avial .sri Naina_marbus has opened this new thread as per your request 3-4 months back(this is my guess only ).
avial can be prepared easily with left out things cheaply and costly when you collect vegetables exclusively for it .
guruvayurappan

Poor XY!!! :tsk:
Without WO it will decompose rapidly.
With WO it will sublimate!
How can XY be ever protected???
with out xx how WO can make xy and wo.with out XY, WO will loose its prominence and will feel very lonely.any master/artist require some devoted servent /admirer
guruvayurappan

Dear Rosse_Frop Sir

You could try " THALISAADI CHURANAM " -
Sure hope Rosse_Frop, your rhinitis gets cured.

Yay Yem

Dear Rahona_Mudnana !

Thanks for suggesting a new moniker. Will use it elsewhere.
Thanks also for suggesting THALISAADICHURANAM . Will try it next time.

So both the Jeeras (jelebi jeera and the spice jeera) help control stomach related problems! :)
I did not know about this use of jelebi jeeraa till now! :clap2:

அம்மணி உண்மை தான்,

நான் அப்பொழுது மதுரை கல்லூரியல் கல்லூரி விடுதியில் தங்கி படித்து வந்தேன் . இரண்டாம் உலகப் போரின் விளைவாக மட்டமான உணவுப்பொருள்கள் தான் கிடைக்கும் . எனக்கு அந்த சமையல் ஒத்துக்கொள்ளவில்லை அடிக்கடி வயிற்றுப்போக்கு வந்து சிரமப்படுவேன் விடுதியின் தலைமை சமையல் அலுவலர் லக்ஷ்மண அய்யர் மிகவும் அன்பானவர் அவரால் முடிந்தவரை உதவுவார். வயிற்றுப்போக்கு நிற்க ஏதாவது ஹோட்டலிலிருந்து "ஜிலேபி ஜீரா " வாங்கி வந்து சாப்பிட சொல்வார் . இந்த கை வைத்தியம்
வாயிற்று போக்கை நிறுத்த மிகவும் உதவியது.

நலம் கோரும் ,
ப்ரஹ் மண்யன்,
பெங்களூரு

In some vegetable shops they have an assortment of vegetables at a reasonable price for aviyal.
They add a few of each type and make it a special vegetable pack for aviyal! Very convenient!

dear VR !
you are giving main food (adai)and this is side dish.as said in his OP by Mr.naina_ marbus all left out item will be given as avial .sri Naina_marbus has opened this new thread as per your request 3-4 months back(this is my guess only ).
avial can be prepared easily with left out things cheaply and costly when you collect vegetables exclusively for it .
guruvayurappan

XY and WO need each other
XY and WO complement each other
but will not compliment each other
for their services rendered.:rolleyes:
Everyone craves for recognition, appreciation and a kind word.
"Thank You" and "I love you" are the magical words
that can warm up any heart however cold or frozen!

with out xx how WO can make xy and wo.with out XY, WO will loose its prominence and will feel very lonely.any master/artist require some devoted servent /admirer
guruvayurappan

SO both of you have met your match!!! :)
WE need a vowel at the end of the name to carry it further
So AnandU will be more appropriate for the long distance communication. :)

Dear Rahona_Mudnana !

Thanks for suggesting a new moniker. Will use it elsewhere.
Thanks also for suggesting THALISAADICHURANAM . Will try it next time.

Re-posting for the sake of those who do not visit the literature section.

ஆஹா! என்ன அன்பு!!

மனைவியைக் குற்றம் காணும் பலரை,
அனுதினமும் பார்த்து அலுத்த ஒருவர்,

'கண்ணே', 'கண்ணு' என்றே எப்போதும்
தன் மனைவியை அழைக்கும், வயதான

கணவர் ஒருவரைப் பார்த்து அதிசயித்து,
கணை போலக் ஒரு கேள்வி தொடுத்தார்!

'உங்கள் வயது எழுபத்தைந்து! ஆனாலும்,
உங்கள் மனைவி மீது இன்றும் காதலா?'

சுற்றிலும் ஒரு நோட்டமிட்ட முதியவர்,
சற்றே மெல்லிய குரலினில் உரைத்தார்,

'எனக்குக் காதலாவது கத்திரிக்காயாவது!
எனக்கு அவள் பெயர் மறந்து போய், பத்து

ஆண்டுகள் ஆகிவிட்டன! என் நினைவில்
கொண்டு வரும் வழி தெரியவும் இல்லை!

அவளிடமே கேட்டால், என் கதி அதோகதி!
அவளை அதனாலே 'கண்ணே' என்கிறேன்!'

:blabla:

Dear Tmt VR

The 'Avvaiyaar' title for you is apt - you and Dr. Ross [ reminds me of the character in 'Friends' ] almost got it right.
At one stage, I was addressed that way.

The metamorphosis was : Nandakumar > Anand Kumar > [just] Anand - no, had nothing to do with numerology/astrology just a frugality measure of the number of alphabets used. In between, nicknames like Nandu / Anandu, just happened!

Yay Yem

Elementary (A)Nanduuu!
I owe it to my intuition! :)
I am nor sure about Prof. though.
He might have been absent minded!

Dear Tmt VR

The 'Avvaiyaar' title for you is apt - you and Dr. Ross [ reminds me of the character in 'Friends' ] almost got it right.
At one stage, I was addressed that way.

The metamorphosis was : Nandakumar > Anand Kumar > [just] Anand - no, had nothing to do with numerology/astrology just a frugality measure of the number of alphabets used. In between, nicknames like Nandu / Anandu, just happened!

Yay Yem

Dear Tmt VR

You sound like Sherlock Holmes's - " Elementary Dr Watson ". Except that we have a Dr Ross here.
Even on the Naradar thing, you are pretty close.

Actually ' Dr. Ross ' sounds a lot better than the 'Busssss' thing no? But considering your affinity for
Apaana Vayu .................. . [ I'd rather leave it for him to decide ].

Yay Yem

post 28#
dear VR !
your suggestion is valid one and MR.OZONE summarized your thoughts .reading the long quote again will be making us bored.
guruvayurappan

post 46#
dear madam !
zheera(sugar liquid) is good for controlling motion with bloo(raththa kaduppu ).
seeragam rasam is very nice and simple to prepare .ஒளவையார் -விசாலாக்ஷி அவர் சகோதரி ஜீரா (ராஜி ராம் ) ஒப்புதலுக்கு மகிழ்ச்சி
guruvayurappan

Dear Guruvayur Swamy

I think both you and Ozone in posts 26 & 70 of this thread are correct and I don't think Ms Amritha
was wrong in asking that question.

What is objectionable [ even repulsive ] is the blatant "Copy-n-Paste" thing that was being done by the
Pompous Plagiarist, going under the name of a Great Poet.

I am not sure how many people have heard of "Panchu Poetry". Apparently, there was this gentleman
[Pachapakesan/Panchanathan] who, in order get recognition among his peers copied verbatim, the works of
lesser known poets. He got himself into loads of legal troubles - copyright issues, when he published them as his own.

At one stage, this Panch became famous for the wrong reasons. " Doing Panchu Poetery ",itself became a 'usage' when someone was suspected of copying somebody else's works.

Now, I don't think Ms Amritha was doing a "Panchu Poetry" here. She innocently posted something that has already
been around. I don't see anything ulterior in this. Don't we all enjoy narrations of jokes and interesting episodes, even
though we've heard them before [probably several times] ?

Ha ! what a co-incidence the "PP" stands for "Pompous Plagiarist" and "Panchu Poetry".

Come on Amritha Ji - don't get disheartened, nobody is going to hang you. Tmt VR might hold me by the collar,
but I'm sure nobody will haul you up .

Eagerly awaiting your next post.
Yay Yem

dear VR !
instead of appa and amma we used to call with our wards name . i will utter loudly my son's name
to draw the attention of my wife.she also do the same.no kanne and mookey !!.
guruvayurappan

post 72 #
dear sir !
i take as PP (ponaal pokattum -போனால் போகட்டும் ) regarding this post
guruvayurappan

No not at all! :nono:
The other do that WANTONLY! :heh:
I thought that being a new member you might be doing it UNKNOWINGLY!
Well if you too are doing it WANTONLY, :heh:
then go right ahead!!! :whistle:

Stop shouting at me. Go and yell at somebody else.

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back