• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for help by Srividhya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Srividhya

hello everyone!!,
any development on this issue. pl let me know.
regards
eswaran
Hi Eswaran
Unfortunately, Srividhya has never responded to my emails. I believe she also has been offered a job with TCS or Infosys. In any case, I feel unless and until these young men/women, who need our help, also keep us informed of their educational status, their grades, and other progress, we should withhold further financing. Looks like she doesn't need the money after all. Besides, in spite of my suggestions, she has never informed us about how she was doing in school. She has never acknowledged or thanked the members for all the help she has received.
Ramki (rxrajamo)and I talked about this and we both agree.

I have read through this thread - I think we need to do the following:

1. Coordinate all charitable activities under a specific set of rules and regulations
2. Do a complete background check on each candidate, by personally meeting them before sponsoring them. (this could become part of the process)
3. Leverage the US residents amongst us Iyengars/Iyers to facilitate Indian tamil brahmin kids more

Make sure that the benefits are being had by deserving candidates.

There should also be methods/modes of encouraging businessmen among us to do business with other tamil brahmin businessmen, so that the opportunities for tamil brahmins can improve. Also, we could form a jobs network or portal, through which deserving tamil brahmin kids who don't have a chance of getting good jobs or exposure in their current state could obtain the benefits of so many of us in good positions around the world.

What do you think can be done to these ends?

Thanks for your threads and its good to see such an enthusiastic community.

dear sir,
my view is ,the people who receive relief should return it to the forum once they settle down in life. that way the money is in right hand at the right time.
regards
eswaran

Easwaran,

best way in my perception, is just subsidies the sustenance and keep the capital laibility for the person to pay off. I have two brahmin kids who are studying engineering, where they have taken loan from bank and i just pay the interest. On the completion of the study theywill have to earn to repay the loan. In this way i can assist more people and also nothing free.

I have not heard from silverfox and pravin. HOpe they have completed the formalities for the trust formation.

Easwaran, my suggestion in the mean time would be that we must adopt students for higher education. Finance ministry has instrument all banks to give loan for education.

Dear admin,
I feel sad to see some one misuse our community help by telling that her father is cook and she dont have money for her studies. This is where the people from other communtity tells us that brahmins never to be trusted. Ok let us move on but in this forum i can see people want to start a trust formation.
I like to tell people that formaing a separte trust for tamil brahmins.com is not good idea because when i vist a village(agraharam) near trichy there also people had a trust but less fund and also i vist some other agraharam near by(total 4) there are more trust but less fund or no fund. Some are using the fund for temple and others are for community help.

So i ask our friends to joint in a single trust and put money in that trust. Like Thambraas foundation we can donate the mony in single network.

So that we will have more fund and Coordinate all charitable activities under a specific set of rules and regulations.
Though i dont have a good thinking abt the thambraas but now we have to forget the past and joined hands with all our people to help our community.

We can see that foundation in thambras.com.
Let us unite and rise even if some one dont like us.

Hi,

I am disheartened to read the message of ramki with regard to srividya. It is one of the reason, i donot give capital [fees ] as donation. What i give is only the interest [ fees needs to be funded by the student through loan ].

It has two advantage :
1. i can help more with the same amount
2. They have the responsibility to repay the loan.

For these receipient who grow, education results in inflow of cash and they want to enjoy the same. they feel they have worked for it on the basis of merit and generlly they donot turn back to assist the needy like them.

It is ok, i believe in karmas. We are trying to do a good deed and we must leave it there. In case if the admin and ramki could get the trust in place, i will contribute. Further at this juncture, i am assiting two engineering students by paying 3600 inr per month.

If all of us could give in small quantity to needy that will take care of the lowest rung of our society.

Hi All,
I also like to contribute but let us make it a single trust so that we had more funds and Coordinate all charitable activities under a specific set of rules and regulations.

Dear friends,
I like to tell why we need single trust for brahmins.

Now our community people take loans from banks for their children's education. we joined them in other community educational institution. In the end we pay lakhs together to the other community educational institution.
Even by sponsoring some other people education also end like this only.

If we had joined hands with all our community members and start a single trust for this than we can have so many educational institution for our community people.

Some may say that even if we start we have to give 50% seats to other people. but which all our people comes we can over come this also. Only think is we have to do is united and rise.

institution

Hi,

I think to start an institution for brahmin community is far fetched and we donot have that amount of resources. Unfortunately in our brahmin community who have grown donot have the sense of fraternity.

Minimum to start across is that we can help in education. If you see the case of srividya, that lady did not have courtesy to even inform the people.

My perception is to start on small manner rather than to dream big

Dear prpsarathy,
We want to start a education institution for the brahmin community.Its not dream my friends its abt our next generation people.

What will we do when our govt want to give more than 50% reservation in govt and aided colleges? Can we say our children that we should not dream for higer education or just criticis govt and other community?

Our last hope is supreme court but there also if they appoint judges from pro reservation lobby what we are going to do? well my friends this is the time for better direction and stay united,steady and focussed vision. Not to criticis others or just doubting people. If admin think starting a tamilbramins.com is just dream big can we have this forum?

We have to change that brahmins people are just talkers,criticis and doubting people and never do any thing in real time.

We have to change that. United and Change prediction abt our community.

Dear friends,
Some of you think that brahmins do not have that much of resources or We are not united.
we want our people to joined hands irrespective off our subcastes,rich/poor, gothram and diffrent mutts. To do that we should united in one forum or trust, so that if any problem comes to our community all our peole comes out and fight for our community.

Abt the resources each one family must save 1 INR daliy. In the month end it will be 30 INR or 31 INR and people in village area can save it in post office savings account and in the town or city or Nri can save it in their savings mode. All in THEIR NAMES ONLY.
Every month we have to do it until a day will come our leaders and mutt seers will ask our peoples to contribute donations for this noble cause.

Hope that day will come to our community and CHANGE for new generation very soon.

Education institution for brahmins

Whisper

I have no doubt about the requirement. But where is the solution. You number crunching is correct. But how many are ready for the same.

Materialism of western world has got the brahmins also. Especially those who have gone out of this country to western world. Generally tamil brahmins outside the country does not turn back. In the same manner if you look at the educated and advanced section that also does not look back.

so what is the way to raise funds. In fact what i have observed [ sorry if it is rude ] is that the centralization leads to corruption whether it is in company [ lehman brothers ] or in trust [ kanchi madam ]

I have been volunteer for collecting funds for the kachi mandam inspite of me being an iyengar in mumbai. But i have not seen any transaprency of them publishing the same in their sites.

During the arrest of Shankaracharya controversies loomed on the amount of funds handled at the ashram.

In my perception easiest of all is help among known. Following are the advantage :

Donor knows the donee
There is no intermediary called trust & risk associated with their credibility
No overhead cost [ CRY overhead cost is 30%, there balance sheet says]

MORE THAN ANYTHING ALL MUST HAVE A FRATERNITY. Unfortuantely kali has taken over and our advanced brahmin commmunity people do not even look back at their own sibling and parents and for the community is far fetched.

Hi,

More than parting education we have stat microfinance for making our people to do business so that we donot depend upon anybody. You see the gujarti and marwadi. They are welcome where every you go. Even in obama team sonal shah is a member inspite of her known affiliate with vhp / bjp. Offcourse she had given an formal notice distancy herself fo vhp. Fact is that she is a sympathizer. Reason gujarati is a business community which creates employment. So we will have to do that. I did try one and found to be a miserable failure. that has not stopped me. I am looking at assisting brahmin starting their own small business. Why beg to government for money ? Once you have money you can buy the politician. Sardar in USA told in the NDTV during an interveiw that money talks irrespectivof republican or democrate. same applies here also.

Whisper

You asking all the mutts to unite. A big dream which will never happen as unfortunately these mutt head does not know the problem of brahmin or they donot want ot know the problem of brahmins.

If i am not considered rude, if feel all the mutts have lost their spiritiual, social and eoncomicall vision for the society.

Hi prpsarathy,
Even in microfinance also problem will come.where will you get the finance? will there be no corruption in that microfinance? will people give more funds if we say doing microfinance?

If you say brahmins dont have unity. Then If you do business also you need community support like gujarti and marwadi do you think in brahmin community will you get it?

Abt the mutts head you told that they forget abt the people. But if we go as one community without any subsects difference then they have come to change.

mr prpsarathy problem comes from everywhere but we have to over come that. As you told in business one failure means does not to be stoped there.we can not stoped there itself we have to move forward. We must remove our negative quotes. A day will come.
All i am saying that WHEN DAY COMES WE SHOULD BE READY. we can not stoped there itself we have to move forward.

Hi,

When i give it i give away as my donation in the name of god and in the faith of god to the ultimate receiver.

He or she shall pay the price for their karma's . Today whatever by god grace, i could help, i do it in his name. That is all.

Hi,

When i give it i give away as my donation in the name of god and in the faith of god to the ultimate receiver.

He or she shall pay the price for their karma's . Today whatever by god grace, i could help, i do it in his name. That is all.

Hi,
Nobody is going to stop you giving donation to any one my friend. The ultimate receiver pary for you. And god knows it.

Whisper

I have no doubt about the requirement. But where is the solution. You number crunching is correct. But how many are ready for the same.

Materialism of western world has got the brahmins also. Especially those who have gone out of this country to western world. Generally tamil brahmins outside the country does not turn back. In the same manner if you look at the educated and advanced section that also does not look back.

so what is the way to raise funds.

Let us not worry abt this materialism, rich and NRI, advanced and educated section.

Let us start by doing ourself.I start doing this 1 re per famliy saving idea from jan 2008.Those who likes this IDEA can do it themself and dont worry abt the negative quotes.

http://www.censusindia.gov.in/Census_Data_2001/Census_Data_Online/Social_and_cultural/Religion.aspx

Total population of tamil nadu = 62,405,679. Brahmins are supposed to 2 to 3 %
Assuming 3% is Brahmins = 1,872,170.37
Going by your calculation = 1,872,170.37*1*12= 2,24,66,044.44

Positively on average all contribute the total will 2.25 crores. Pls work out the administrative cost of collective and spend it. Probably we must look at the model that a person would spend atleast 2 to 3% of his net income for some noble cause among the weaker sibling of our community. That would go a long way. The creation of a centralized structure is the madness which has been inherited from westerns. See the effect of the centralized risk managment of the so called developed economy. In wrong hands has given more disaster.

In fact our community must look at the religion than the caste, Christianity will make us really a minority one day if we are not open. The literate and conscious keeper of hindu community is only concenred about itself and sustenance.

Dear friend,
We are not aganist hindu religion or any other community or religion. But tell me how much the christian population is? the same 3% all over india. And if they can do it why can not we? they have created their centralized structure my friend. And they do well also. Its not madness but a noble cause for our community next genration.

Brahmin community is not aganist hindu religion. And i want this idea for our community help themself not to criticise other community or religion. All i want is take out our negative mindset and work for our community and religion and for the country.

Whispher

I agree with you. But christianity is no more a minority. Pls go to census site. They are majority three states in north east. Second is that todays conversion does not change their name but just their affiliation. If u still want to belive i leave it to you. Pls come and see the discussion board on karuthu.com were they vehemently argue that harvesting of conversion is their birth right.

Hope the number given by you would have given right perspective to the idea of yours vs. the requirement. Further you are very quiest with regard tothe thought process that we must spend 2 to 3% of net income [ after tax ] for our community. Let us take an average income of 20000 per annum. What i meant is an offering of 400 per month for a noble cause.

Unfortunate that our brahmin community does not want to talk about giving but of taking. Just for argument sake see the participation in other [ useless things ] in the site vs this thread. That talk about our attitude.

We want to be an arm chair expert. We want the whole world to cry with us when we are not doing well and once we start become good donot allow every the breathen to come near. Sorry if i am being rude but this is my observation.

Hi prpsarathy,

Your idea is quite nice and practical too...

I think we should take a vote on this and see how many are willing to contribute a "Minimum Guaranteed Sum" on a monthly basis for the welfare of our community. Once we know the approx amount, it can be the starting rung for futher steps up the ladder.

To Admin - is it possible to have a separate thread for members to vote on the above... (like Rs.100 or 200 or 300...). Just to make sure that there are no bogus votes, we should have the contact no. of the member who votes.

This would in no way indicate that the admin at Tamilbrahmins.com are responsible for collection or safe-keeping of funds. It is just a vote to ascertain how much funds would be available for disposal so that we may know our level...

Regards,
Seshadri

Unfortunate that our brahmin community does not want to talk about giving but of taking. Just for argument sake see the participation in other [ useless things ] in the site vs this thread. That talk about our attitude.

We want to be an arm chair expert. We want the whole world to cry with us when we are not doing well and once we start become good donot allow every the breathen to come near. Sorry if i am being rude but this is my observation.

Dear friends,
why we want to talk abt the those who dont want to giving but only talking? I also know this, because i also gone through all this brahmins talking and arm chair experts.

But what we want is those who like to help our community can do it. Once a group start doing it the arm chair experts and negative mindset people also eat their own words.

For that first let us start doing it ourself and dont blame others. WHEN DAY COMES WE SHOULD BE READY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back