• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for help by Srividhya

Status
Not open for further replies.
California Brahmanas

I think it might be a good idea to refer those California Brahmanas to this website. I think many Brahmanas need help in Tamizh Nadu today, as the situation for Brahmanas is deteriorating. It would be good if they can give priority to helping the poor Brahmanas first in TN, and then helping others, by reserving at least 70% of funds in favor of Brahmanas, similar to how the TN govt reserves 70% of education/jobs for members of their own castes.

Hi Ambutha, Yes we need lot of help from peopel living in USA and other countries, trust me we are commited to this cause , pls send all contacts and ask them to join as members and contribute in whatever way

dear sirs,
i am sending 5k for the year 2007-08(sem 5 and 6) fee for b.srividhya of coimbatore direct to her account in coimbatore.
thanks and regards
eswaran

silverfox,

have we formed the trust. If yes can you please ciruclate the details. we can contribute and also request our known poeple to contribute.

regard,saraty

Dear navy-Easwaran:

A big 'thank you' for your generous contribution; you always are there for this community. Since you have already sent the amount to Srividhya's account directly, we need to consolidate the rest (total amount: Rs.38k+) and send to her.

I am somewhat disheartened to find that enough contributions are NOT forthcoming. Given the trust is yet to be finalized, we need the money in the meantime to fulfill our commitments.

Dear Ambutha: How about contacting your California friends and urge them to contribute?

Trust: The attorney is finalizing the trust deed. We have two trustees from Chennai who will have to go with the attorney to the Registrar's office to personally sign the trust deed papers. Once we do this, we are in business. I guess, we will have to open a bank account so that all donations can go directly to this account. Praveen will take care of it; he will be one of the trustees. The forming of trust costs money but a few of us will bear these charges.

Please, my dear friends; please come forward and open your heart (and the wallet!!) to help out our needy and bright students. I know some of you might be waiting for the trust; however, the students cannot wait. Besides, all the money received WILL BE accounted for and distributed. This is completely open and can be verified. We will provide the complete list of donors and where the money went.

Last edited:
dear sir,
thanks. hope your appeal works out and more contributions follow.i also appeal to all our members to contribute as much as possible.
regards
eswaran

dear sir,
the person to whom i had entrusted the job of sending the money has added 1K as his contribution and sent 6K to her account. he deserves to be appreciated as he did it after hearing abt it from me.
thanks and regards
eswaran

there is some problem the bank is not accepting payment as the ac no apperas to be wrong. srividhya to revert back with correct 15 digit no immediately
eswaran

dear sirs,
my contact could get the ac no from the bank it is 334502010020687. ms srividhya should have informed the forum immdtly about the change of ac no.
6K has been deposited today
regards
eswaran

Dear Eswaran:
Thank you very much for helping out Srividhya. Our special thanks to your friend; please publish his name so that all members can see and appreciate it.

Regarding wrong bank account, etc., this is why we ask that all the money go thru us; this way, the funds are funneled thru one single source. Besides, some friends send money without telling us and we wouldn't know how much she has received.

Hopefully, once we get the trust off the ground, the process should be easier.

one another suggestion is that we must try to use our resource to help many needy rather than concentrating on one individual. In fact when a person sought funds for a girl to persue hotal management at 75k per annum, i had straight away rejected the whole lot. I had explain the advantage of going to bca and finally the girl had opted for the more optimum course with regard to fund srequirement and early to job. Further we must try to concentrate on providing only education allowance

dear sir
the friends name is mrs kala r and she volunteered 1k without prompting when she learnt it is for educational purpose.
regards
eswaran

Optimal redirection of effort

Since Brahmanas primarily face discrimination in terms of education, I think it is very important to limit assistance to the educational field. Also, Brahmanas must be encouraged to become self-reliant as soon as possible, instead of depending upon govt. style dole. I believe this will only strengthen Brahmanas, and make them even more successful.

one another suggestion is that we must try to use our resource to help many needy rather than concentrating on one individual. In fact when a person sought funds for a girl to persue hotal management at 75k per annum, i had straight away rejected the whole lot. I had explain the advantage of going to bca and finally the girl had opted for the more optimum course with regard to fund srequirement and early to job. Further we must try to concentrate on providing only education allowance

dear sir,
our commitment to sri vidhya is to be taken care of
kindly take up this issue as the date for paying fees is almost over!!
regards
eswaran

Sri Vidhya already taken care of!

Dear Eswaran:
Sri Vidhya's tuition fees, etc., have been taken care of for this year. I am expecting Praveen to post it soon. Ramki and I had asked Sri Vidhya to acknowledge here in this forum so that members would know.

dear sir,
our commitment to sri vidhya is to be taken care of
kindly take up this issue as the date for paying fees is almost over!!
regards
eswaran

mrifan Offline vbmenu_register("postmenu_8213", true);

I accept. I am open to do micro financing for brahmin enterprenuers. I thinkt hat will be like teaching them fishing rather than dishing out fishes

academic year2008-09

dear sir,
with reference to this quote last year"
Dear Eswaran:
Thank you very much for helping out Srividhya. Our special thanks to your friend; please publish his name so that all members can see and appreciate it.

Regarding wrong bank account, etc., this is why we ask that all the money go thru us; this way, the funds are funneled thru one single source. Besides, some friends send money without telling us and we wouldn't know how much she has received.

Hopefully, once we get the trust off the ground, the process should be easier.
"
it is time now to find a way to send the final remittance to srividhya(4th yr).as usual i will be contributing 5k and my friend has volunteered another 5k. kindly arrange the balance and let me know where and how to send.
regards
eswaran

Hi to all members

Hi all,

I have joined this forum recently. I am really pleased that we have a forum where similar minded people can interact in a positive manner and help vulnerable sections of our community. I was very much impressed by your actions to help Srividya continue her studies. In the future, I would like to be involved in similar activities in memory of my beloved mother.

I would like to see a bit of history about the brahmin community, their origins, their migration to Tamil nadu etc.

If any members are in the know, please post it in the forum for the benefit of the rest of us and also our children.

Regards

Vanaja Mani

Sydney

Dear Vanaja Mani Ji,

Welcome! Please go through the detailed postings of Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji, Sri Appaiah Ji to understand about the history of our community. You may find other old postings covering this.

I envy you, as you are living in one of the most physically beautiful cities in the world.

The Admins (Praveen, Rxrajamo, Silverfox and Chintana) are in the process of establishing a trust in TN, so some of us who are fortunate can help our daughters like SriVidya. As you know, some others have already helped.

Pranams,
KRS

Please post about your studies!

This is for Srividhya:
Hi Srividhya: I am sure you are busy with your studies and are doing fine. However, it would be nice if you would take the time to post about your studies, how you are doing academically, etc. I hear from you only at the time of paying your tuition fee and then you disappear!
Mind you, I am personally funding the education of another young lady in Chennai (Ragachandrika) and she has been keeping me informed of her marks in each exam and that how she is progressing in her studies. It is gratifying to know that. Please do this so; you owe to the members.

well said

dear sir,
i too think that some kind of feedback is required in such cases from the reciepients. srividhya's progress is not known . i hope she responds at least now.
congrats for the trust work.
regards
eswaran

dear sir,
before we processed her case she was contacted by one of our members. can you ask him to find out the latest situation.
regards
eswaran

I couldn't contact her

dear sir,
before we processed her case she was contacted by one of our members. can you ask him to find out the latest situation.
regards
eswaran
Dear navy-eswaran:
Good to hear from you. I did try to contact her but she has not responded so far. Maybe she doesn't need our help anymore.

dear sir,
may be she is busy with exams. let us wait for some time.
i was busy with some personal problems. so was kept away from the forum.
thanks
regards
eswaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back