• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Info required on theettu

Uma Rajan

Hi,
My mom passed away in our home and my husband only did the last rituals. Due to health issues my brother couldn’t do it. Sastrigal says we need not do 9 th to 12 th as it is not acceptable. He is asking us to do 13 th day by doing navagraha Shanthi. He is asking us to wait for a year to see whether my brother will be able to do. In these circumstances;

1. How many days theettu for my husband as he has done last rituals.
2. How many days for me.
3. When can I lit the lamp in the Pooja room. Sastrigal has asked me to lit a lamp daily morning and evening 2 hours in the corner of our hall till 13th days.
4. Can I do archchana and abhishekam in temples. There are some ‘venduthals’ pending.

Any information is much helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Uma Rajan

As per my knowledge because your gothram is now different, you and your husband need only keep theetu for 10 days. But what is confusing is that your husband is doing karma karya. This is dealt with differently for different people based on your acharyan lineage. Kindly consult your husband's acharya or the sastrigal who helped with the karyam

I am little youngster and I do not much about these . That is why I posted this question. But I am surprised to see that none of the members in this group are also not aware of these. Is it not knowing the information or unwilling to share the information. I don’t know.

I am little youngster and I do not much about these . That is why I posted this question. But I am surprised to see that none of the members in this group are also not aware of these. Is it not knowing the information or unwilling to share the information. I don’t know.
Hi

Please contact you AATHU VADYAR or contact the local vadyar who conducted your mom's last rites....

Hi,
My mom passed away in our home and my husband only did the last rituals. Due to health issues my brother couldn’t do it. Sastrigal says we need not do 9 th to 12 th as it is not acceptable. He is asking us to do 13 th day by doing navagraha Shanthi. He is asking us to wait for a year to see whether my brother will be able to do. In these circumstances;

1. How many days theettu for my husband as he has done last rituals.
2. How many days for me.
3. When can I lit the lamp in the Pooja room. Sastrigal has asked me to lit a lamp daily morning and evening 2 hours in the corner of our hall till 13th days.
4. Can I do archchana and abhishekam in temples. There are some ‘venduthals’ pending.

Any information is much helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Uma Rajan
Call me🤙 9845128400

Latest ads

Back