• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re-energising the Kanchi mutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

I think the present acharyas are doing their role as efficiently as possible,and its incorrect to compare the present incumbents with Paramacharya.He is a living legend.

Guru Jayendra Saraswathi has attended Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba's invitation for yagna for world peace with other Sampradaya School of Vedanta,and everything is going well in Kanchi Muttam.

Please come and have darshan at brindavanam of Paramacharya,and also the two living saints in Kanchi.Please interact with officials as well as gurus,for your valuable contribution as, how well each one of you are making suggestions in this forum.Thank you.

gopal.

kanchi mutt

dear all,

I can visualise the smouldering volcano of frustration over the kanchi mutt affairs. Kanchi mutt does not belong to individuals like the pontiff and his junior. it is for the community of the Hindus and as such there cannot be any autocratic behaviour on the part of anyone in the mutt. Ultimately, if this sort of obstinacy continues, the state will justify its intervention duly supported by the ever supporting judicial courts and the mutt will go to the control of the already stinking HR&CE. Let us all remember and let us face the pontiff. The world or community does not end with us. Our children and theirs need a religious head to guide to uphold the values cherished over thousand years. If mutt deafens to the frantic correcting voices, well, one can see the natural demise of the mutt, orphaned, uncared, hated by the once patronising devotees.
I hope all members will hear this and respond

shree

dear Gopal,

It is indeed heartening to hear from you that everything about the mutt is fine. Unfortunately that is not the general impression as is evident from the responses in this forum.

Dear all,

Like all of you who are sceptical about our plan to set up a panel and clean up the affairs, I too have my doubts. But it would be wrong to believe that it would not work unless we try and fail. I agree with you that the officials at the mutt would not yield to our ideas if we approach them directly. But they will have no choice if the idea is approved by the acharyas themselves. Since we are not going to investigate the role or suitability of the acharyas(which is beyond any of us), and we are only making an attempt to improve the governance of the mutt and its affairs, there is a possibility that acharyas would approve of the idea, if it is conveyed to them by people of some standing in the society. To talk to the acharyas and obtain their sanction for the exercise, would be first step of the panel members we select. Our job is restricted to persuade the panelists to accept the assignment in the larger interest of the brahmin community and Indian society. The discussions that have taken place in this thread so far would certainly go a long way in convincing them of the need for such an exercise.

As I said before, it would not be easy to convince the big-wigs to accept this task. Nevertheless, it is worth an effort. All of you would agree that we found no better means to re-energise the mutt than this, in the last few months of brainstorming. If the panelists find it as a meaningless exercise, they would be under an obligation to suggest us other alternatives of achieving the aim. If they refuse to do this, we can do nothing about it. That is why we need more names of probables who would come forward to take up this difficult task. I request the members not to give up so soon.

Thankyou.

re

rrvvvr,

The people are selected by present acharyas to govern the muttam.I do not think,there is anybody in this forum better qualified than the acharyas themselves to handle muttam affairs as well their own sampradaya of running the religious body.

In the forum thus far,practically not more than 12 members have been giving feedback about kanchi muttam affairs,which is very negilgible to be taken serious at all.

In my sincere opinion,the muttam is running very well under the able supervision of the acharyas guru jayendrar and guru vijayaendrar.All we need to do is offer our pranams and bhakthi to them gurus and follow the scriptural injunctions laid by them.

thank you!

gopal.

Dear Gopal,

All of us respect your sentiments about the mutt and are proud to see that you have so much faith in the mutt. All of us share your faith in the gurus but, you would see from the responses in this forum that, quite a few are peeved about the manner in which the affairs of the mutt, particularly the financial affairs are managed. It has got nothing to do with the ability of the acharyas to select the individuals for the job and hence doesn't merit a sentimental outlook. Most of the employees/managers of the mutt have been put into servive in good faith, in many cases to help some hapless individuals to make ends meet. But as time passes these individuals changed their attitude and knowingly or unknowingly have been causing embarrassment to the mutt. We are just trying to set right the system.

As far as your assessemnt that only 12 people have been providing feedback in the thread so far, let me remind you that statistics don't refect the reality all the time. There have been close to 5000 views on the thread which has survived since January. There are more than 250 replies which justifies the need for re-energising the mutt. And more importantly, 12 is not a small number. The Indian National Congress which speaheaded the freedom movement of 30 crore Indians was started by just 7 individuals.

We hope to move forward in the larger interest of society. Please wish us good luck.

Thankyou.

I would like to suggest Sri Velukkudi Krishnan who is appearing in DD-Podhigai channel daily discoursing Baghavath Geetha. He is qualified both as Chartered Accountant and Cost Accountant. He held senior positions and left the job voluntarily. His father was also a Upanyasagar. He has travelled widely including USA and other countries.

I request the honourable members to consider him for the assignment.

re

Dear Gopal,

All of us respect your sentiments about the mutt and are proud to see that you have so much faith in the mutt. All of us share your faith in the gurus but, you would see from the responses in this forum that, quite a few are peeved about the manner in which the affairs of the mutt, particularly the financial affairs are managed. It has got nothing to do with the ability of the acharyas to select the individuals for the job and hence doesn't merit a sentimental outlook. Most of the employees/managers of the mutt have been put into servive in good faith, in many cases to help some hapless individuals to make ends meet. But as time passes these individuals changed their attitude and knowingly or unknowingly have been causing embarrassment to the mutt. We are just trying to set right the system.

When someone has been chosen to lead an organisation,its upto them to lead,as per their experiance and knowledge.Gurus are handling,and we sishyas,should listen to gurus.Its as simple as that.Isn't it?

As far as your assessemnt that only 12 people have been providing feedback in the thread so far, let me remind you that statistics don't refect the reality all the time. There have been close to 5000 views on the thread which has survived since January. There are more than 250 replies which justifies the need for re-energising the mutt. And more importantly, 12 is not a small number. The Indian National Congress which speaheaded the freedom movement of 30 crore Indians was started by just 7 individuals.

I am not assessing anybody in the forum,if i have conveyed this to you,plz understand ,its not my intention.Kanchi Kamakoti Muttam has been having acharyas gurus with an un-broken lineage of 70.I am only amused by sishyas,trying to depict as if they will restore the image of the muttam.The gurus are there to do it.Lets have faith in them.That is all is required.As for as INC is concerned,thats politics.This is dharma for the soul.Lets not mix them both.Even for politics our gurus are there to show the way.Trust and faith in them will automatically,put everything in order.

We hope to move forward in the larger interest of society. Please wish us good luck.

Thankyou.

My good luck is always with you and everybody in the forum.Please trust Guru Jayendrar and Guru Vijayendrar,to do the right thing,instead of listening to some sishya with a agenda.Thank you !

gopal.

Just to remove the differences among us only a review committee is being suggested. The review will be limited to the administration of the mutt and the institutions directly run by the mutt. There are lot institutions functioning as autonomous institutions and we need not have to go to those institutions.

I think we should move forward without discussing further on the issue. All of us are very much concerned that the mutt functions properly and outsiders doesn't take advantage of the shortcomings if any. Let the mutt authorities accept our proposal, let the committee submit the report and then only we can discuss what to be done based on the findings of the committee.

Let us get into next steps of action first.

re

Shree R.Venkataramani,

Just to remove the differences among us only a review committee is being suggested. The review will be limited to the administration of the mutt and the institutions directly run by the mutt. There are lot institutions functioning as autonomous institutions and we need not have to go to those institutions.

Does this review committee have the blessings of the gurus?of kanchi kamakoti muttam?Are we self-appointed reveiew committee?who are the memebers of the reveiew committee?

I think we should move forward without discussing further on the issue. All of us are very much concerned that the mutt functions properly and outsiders doesn't take advantage of the shortcomings if any. Let the mutt authorities accept our proposal, let the committee submit the report and then only we can discuss what to be done based on the findings of the committee.

Let us get into next steps of action first.

Unless there is transparency of the reveiw committee and its members,how can there be further progress.Have the gurus expressed to us forum members that they need a list of names to run different institutuions allied to the kanchi muttam?

I have full faith and trust in our present gurus and i believe they will lead us to moksham.I for one do not believe,that our muttam is in doldrums as evinced by some members.Its my sincere humble opinion and even if i am a minority,i stand by my gurus appointees of various institutions.Just becoz some people donate money that does not mean that they have control over running of kanchi muttam or their perceptions of how things should be run....Thank you.

gopal.

Dear Shri Gopalsamy Sreedharan,

If you read the forum fully, you will find there are differences of opinion among our members. However instead of arguing on differences, let us all unite and see that no outsider is taking advantage of our differences. The proposal has to go through lot of hurdles and it is not going to be an easy task.

Our community contributed maximum to the freedom struggle. However difference of opinion persisted even though everybody was fighting for the same cause. Some people of our community took ahimsa path and some other people took violent path. Still we respect all the members of our community as well as other people who fought for the freedom of the country.

The main purpose of the proposed exercise is to remove the doubts if any in our minds.
If the committee finds the present working is fine, let us accept it. If they come out with some constructive suggestions, let us welcome it in the right spirit.

One of our member Sri rrvvvr ji is taking some steps and let us all support him now.

re

Shree R.Vankataramani,

Dear Shri Gopalsamy Sreedharan,

If you read the forum fully, you will find there are differences of opinion among our members. However instead of arguing on differences, let us all unite and see that no outsider is taking advantage of our differences. The proposal has to go through lot of hurdles and it is not going to be an easy task.

I agree with you to be united as a community.But sir,you still have not answered my sincere queries.Have the gurus of kanchi kamakoti muttam,asked us to form a reveiw committee and submit proposals to them?

Our community contributed maximum to the freedom struggle. However difference of opinion persisted even though everybody was fighting for the same cause. Some people of our community took ahimsa path and some other people took violent path. Still we respect all the members of our community as well as other people who fought for the freedom of the country.

I gratefully acknowledge our senior patrons ,who fought for freedom against christians and muslims,and got independence from them.

The main purpose of the proposed exercise is to remove the doubts if any in our minds.

Maybe i am minority amongst minority community,as i have fullest faith and trust in our gurus of kanchi kamakoti muttam.

If the committee finds the present working is fine, let us accept it. If they come out with some constructive suggestions, let us welcome it in the right spirit.

One of our member Sri rrvvvr ji is taking some steps and let us all support him now.

This thread has contributed very little for the image of kanchi kamakoti muttam,as none of the members have been asked by gurus to start a reveiw committee,as per my own inference here in this forum( i could be wrong and if i am wrong,i stand corrected).Except for Shree suvarchas,who has voluntarily given his phone number and taken initiative to introduce people to gurus of kanchi kamakoti muttam,rest of the thread has gone wayward with so many topics interspersed.

I still feel,believe the gurus implicitly and we shall be honored.Shree Shankara Bhagavathpada Gurubhyoh Namaha !Thank you !

gopal.

The names that have emerged so far with consensus are:

• Mr Gurumurthy
  • Mr Madhavan (former director CBI)
  • Mr V Gopalaswamy ( former CEC)
  • Mr Velukkudi Krishnan (philosopher)
I request the members to consider some more names on similar lines (non controversial, non-political, and virtuous). We need to identify six to eight names before we approach them for acceptance of our request.

To All: I was not interest first to reply, now to put my views. From some one from our forum who so close to the senior guru should discuss about the reorganise of the Mutt. First the Guru's should come out from hidding of their traditions and mingle with Low income TB'S to the richest TB's as equal. They should regular visit to all over TN and spread the advaitham Philosophy.Next they should Initiation to people from all walks of life. Next I am ready to be a regular sevadher to the mutt.I our forum wanted my sewa pl,feel free to contact me any time in 24 hrs( 02.30hrs to 05.30hrs) i am availble. 044-22390601.S.R.K (Note Time is my meditation time.)

Thanks s.r.k.

I request Sri rrvvvr to make use of the services of Sri s.r.k if required.

I would like to suggest few more names.

1. Sri T.S.Krishnamoorthi - Former Chief Election commissioner of India

2. Sri M.S.Srinivasan, Retd Petroleum Secretary, Government of India. He is an ex-IITian and retired IAS. He is a vaishnavite.

3. Dr.M.S.Swaminathan, eminent Agricultural Scientist

4. Dr.R.Rajagopalan, Retired DGP, Government of Tamilnadu and also Ex Chief of NSG, New Delhi

I request other members also to suggest names

Of what use is there,by publishing names of eminent TB's in society,if the Gurus have not blessed to us to do this seva?Only if the Gurus tell us,we should carry out this mission,on the contrary,i feel this is 'adigaprasangi thanam' on our part.Maybe my outlook is correct or incorrect,i dunno.But unless the gurus tell me,why i should poke my nose into muttam affairs?

gopal.

Shree shree accharyaji

Yes. What you are telling is very correct and we need to take a corrective measures. People like me are with mutt and will be ready to act as mutt or acharya wanted. Very sorry and pity to note that brahmins attendence is going down. In my experience, i would say, though i am also a brahmin, we are missing the back bone. How come, we lack confidence on our acharya. I can not believe this. Howmany pandits and vadhyars have been created by the mutt and periyaval are they not responsible to fight against it. I was in dombivli, thane, protesting against the arrest. Except two vadhyars, one shri sharmaji and shri seetharama vadhyar none of them have never even turned back. We are selfish and very much constrained and locked into the house and family. Others are riding on us. We don't teach or children about our culture. Going abroad and earning for cleaning the stomach is the only thing we know and we teach our children. It should change. We have to act. May god give us strength. Good luck. Regards. Nathan
actually as one involved in mutt affairs, i feel what they really need is active participation of devotees and sishyas in the activities of the mutt.as a new start they have started a seva dal consisting of close devotees to render physical service to mutt on festive days and make regular visit to mutt.
We now see a lot of non brahmins coming to mutt,but brahmins by and large are not coming in large numbers as they used to previously.
Mahasvamigal also implored devotees to render physical service to mutt by adhering to sampradaya and also train the younger generation to know the hoary tradition of the mutt.we can also ask youngsetrs to go to mutt on vacation and render service

swamis and acharayas should stay away from politicians as Paramacharya did
After all JJ used kanchi acharya for her personal ends and got him into problems when he disagreed on certain matters

Folks,

When Sri rrvvvr Ji started this thread, I thought that this won't go anywhere, precisely because of the sentiments expressed by Sri Gopal Ji. Sishyas take upadesam from the Gurus and not vice versa. I agree with that stance.

But for a lot of the rest, who have not accepted this postion because of various reasons, but still want to see the Sri Matham 're-energized', then there is nothing wrong in formulating a startegy and get the Guru's approvals. Without their approvals and blessings this will not go forward. So, in this sense Sri Bala Ji's argument is not completely correct. Nor is Sri Bala Ji correct when he says that the community is not affected by the past events. This is evidenced by the reduction in numbers of people visiting Sri Matham.

So, let us stop going in circles. As long as our motive is pure, I do think the Gurus will bless the initiative.

Regards,
KRS

Dear pakkaiyengar Ji,

Did you read my comments above about how posting something about the Acharyals that diminishes them would be edited out? If you have, you would not have posted this.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you did not read my comments. If you make such comments in the future, you will be barred from participating in this Forum. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

What i think is *********(Edited)

Last edited by a moderator:
re

swamis and acharayas should stay away from politicians as Paramacharya did
After all JJ used kanchi acharya for her personal ends and got him into problems when he disagreed on certain matters

Shree ambes,

Our Paramacharya did interact with various political leaders during his long reign,so its incorrect to point this out regarding guru jayendrar.None of the political leaders were made of the mettle like that of Shreemathi JJ.Frankly i am totally puzzled by her eccentric behaviour not only in politics but also in moviedom.TN is unlucky to have politics of this nature,but then our gurus will shape us properly,with shraddha and saburi.

I love our forum members wanting to volunteer to do seva,maybe this too will happen.Maybe we all should meet in Chennai and then take it from there or whichever place the majority members feel comfortable.But politics being what it is in TN,i feel people are intimidated by thugs and goons.So,therefore the dwindling attendance as compared to Paramacharyas reign.But sirs,our gurus are indeed wonderful in their own rights and we should offer our obesiance to them as we did before to continue the sampradaya,forever.Thank You.!

gopal.

Good to see the view expressed by Gopal ji that we should meet at Chennai and do what is best in the interest of the mutt. Great move indeed. Let us hope it materialises soon.

In addition to the names suggested earlier (Gurumurthy, Madhavan, V Gopalaswamy and Velukkudi Krishnan) R Venkataramani ji has suggested a few more names.
Sri T.S.Krishnamoorthi - Former Chief Election commissioner of India

2. Sri M.S.Srinivasan, Retd Petroleum Secretary,-a vaishnavite.

3. Dr.M.S.Swaminathan, eminent Agricultural Scientist

4. Dr.R.Rajagopalan, Retired DGP, Government of Tamilnadu and also Ex Chief of NSG, New Delhi

Thanks R V ji for your constant support for the cause. We so far have 8 times. Members may continue to provide suggestions so that we can take the opinion of all active members and name the committee.

Meanwhile I would request KRS ji and other administrators to help us reach these individuals. What is the best way to reach them and persuade them? Any suggestions on this account?

Thanks.

Thanks Sri rrvvvr ji,

Before moving further on this, the fallowing points may be considered.

1. First the Acharyas have to approached and our proposal is discussed on one to one basis without involving the present administration. This is the most important step in the whole exercise.

Who is going to do that? when & how to do that?

2. We have to finalise the terms of reference

3. We have to fix a time frame for the whole exercise

4. We may have to provide administrative support to the review committee

The committee members are all eminent people and will not expect any money from us but we have to provide them necessary support services.

5. Once the report is obtained, how to implement the recommendations is a big question.

Let us not restrict to the names already suggested and I request our members to suggest further names also. Once the list is finalised, our members can suggest sri rrvvvr the order of preference through private messaging.

Our members are placed throughout the globe and hence it is my humble suggestion that we obtain their views through our forum itself till committee formation stage. Probably we can meet at Chennai once the committee is formed.

Obtaining Acharyas concurrence and terms of reference finalisation are the immediate steps to be taken.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

I think the observations made by Venkataramini ji are highly valid. Before we approach the committe we should be clear what we want them to do. There is no point giving them an agenda like - study the affairs of the mutt or investigate into the mode of governance. We need to identify the critical areas of the mutt which we all agree deserve a closer look. Then we must list these as terms of reference. So while the members can continue to suggest names, please start thinking on the terms of reference.

Some points which I consider the committee would not mind taking up with the permission of the acharyas is:

a) Administration of SCSVMV University at enathur

b) Administration of Hospitals functioning under the ageis of the mutt

I request all readers to think about more issues which are generic, non-controversial and beneficial to the society

Thanks
http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...result&usg=AFQjCNEPFJsy0x4ET5UPfsLXDSBDhGh67Q

I think the observations made by Venkataramini ji are highly valid. Before we approach the committe we should be clear what we want them to do. There is no point giving them an agenda like - study the affairs of the mutt or investigate into the mode of governance. We need to identify the critical areas of the mutt which we all agree deserve a closer look. Then we must list these as terms of reference. So while the members can continue to suggest names, please start thinking on the terms of reference.

Some points which I consider the committee would not mind taking up with the permission of the acharyas is:

a) Administration of SCSVMV University at enathur

b) Administration of Hospitals functioning under the ageis of the mutt

I request all readers to think about more issues which are generic, non-controversial and beneficial to the society

Thanks
http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...result&usg=AFQjCNEPFJsy0x4ET5UPfsLXDSBDhGh67Q

The following areas may be considered.

First let us make it very clear that the committee will not go into religious rites portion, which is the domain of the Acharyas. I earnestly feel that none of us have the competence to comment on these areas.

However I earnestly feel the following areas are domain of the proposed review committee.

The accounts and administration of the mutt itself. How the funds are accounted and how it is spent. Is there any scope for improvement in this area.

The devotees visiting the mutt are regulated by the administration only. Whether the administration is impartial, efficient and effective in this area? No touts should be allowed inside the mutt.

Security of the Acharyas and the mutt including when Acharyas are on tour.

The institutions which are directly under the administration of the mutt have to undergo thorough review including strengthening of human resources, physical resources,charging of fees for the services, accounts & audit, probably satisfaction survey from the end users, continuous improvement process, implementation of ISO 9000, maintenance of discipline and observing core values etc. The committee can also suggest providing further autonomy to these institutions with proper accountablity.

Institutions which are already functioning as full autonomous bodies but uses the Kanchi Mutt `brand' name. The committee can broadly go through the working of these institutions and suggest necessary checks and balances for continuous monitoring. They may have to submit audited accounts and annual report to the mutt headquarters. If they misuse their autonomy, mutt name will get spoiled.

These are thoughts came to my mind at this point of time. I request the honourable members to further deliberate on these and also add/modify/delete on these points so that `Terms of reference' is finalised at the earliest.

All the best
எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back