• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re-energising the Kanchi mutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swamiramji has said the right thing. Infact the very purpose of starting this thread is to see that more and more devotees go to the mutt and bring back its past glory. But in that last few months we have discovered that some members are disillusioned by some experiences and reports of the mutt. Now we are in the process of resolving in the issues in a manner that provides transparency.

Suvarchas ji, thanks for your adivice and help. We will take the matter before the gurus at the opportune time. Just by taking up the matter before them and offering a few solutions to existing problems does not tantamount to impertinence I suppose. Whatever we do, we will do only with full cosent and blessings of the acharyas.

My only request to you would be approach H.H. with suggestions and suggestive actions instead of asking them to mend their ways as written by some of the members.Iam also sure the aura and the divinity exuded by Their H.H. would prevent people from advising them and questioning their actions.My best wishes to you

I fully agree with Sri suvarchas Ji's posting above.

I do not think that any of us is either worthy or has the qualification of any appraisal of the Gurus. Let us also not compare one with the other. They are all unique, given to us as gifts from above.

The questions are never about them. It is about us, the folks who are around them, and the systems that are in place to support them.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS,

I am pained to see that over the period the discussions in this thread has gone away from the main theme "Re-emerging the Kanchi mutt".. Even suggestions given with good intention are taken as affront to Sri Acharya. It is my humble request that let us discuss the subject without blinkers. Reading the messages posted in the thread I find that no one has questioned the qualification or the worthiness of Sri Acharya who is heading a great institution adorned by great Acharyas over the years of its long history.

It is the desire of all the devotees that Kanchi Mutt should re-emerge to the prestine position as before soon.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

PS: I have given my opinion in Post # 283 on 25.8.2009

Last edited:
KRS ji and Brahmyan ji are both right in their own ways. KRS has rightly said that the issue is not about them (gurus) but about the people around them. Brahm ji has rightly brought out that the issue should be discussed wihout any blinkers.

My request is that the issues may be brought out keeping in mind the sensitivities of all members of the forum.

Suvarchasji, you can be assured that we will take necessary care in toning the represntation to acharyas, even while we respect the sentiments and emotional outbursts of members as natural responses to their experiences.

Keep the thoughts flowing

Dear Sri Brahmanyan Ji,

I appreciate your thoughts.

But as for as I am concerned and I think quite a few folks here would agree with me, 're energizing the Sri Matham' does not mean that we question the sanctity and the authority of the current Acharyals.

My reasoning is very simple. Maha Periaval selected them and that is good enough to tell me that they have all the qualifications to follow Him as Madathipathis.

If some harbour other notions, then let them form a group by themselves and take this issue forward.

I think, given the structure of this Forum and the work already been done, I would extend all my support to the originator of this thread who is taking it in a particular direction.

As I have said, if some people have certain other concerns, then they should form a group and approach the Sri Matham with their greivance. There is no use in raising questions in this Forum which would unnecessarily tarnish the image of our Gurus in the public, more than what has been done so far.

This is why, this Forum would not allow any remarks criticizing the Gurus themselves - and this would apply to all our accepted and acknowledged Gurus - because it would hurt the sentiments of a lot of the Bhakthas.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS.,

I do appreciate and understand your concern to keep up our Forum standards. I would also request our members to keep their discussions to the Subject proper and not to digress with their opinions on personalities whom many of us respect.

Thanks and Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Great, all of us are trying to make the same point but in different ways. Nice to see such mature acceptance of views rather washing dirty linen in public. I am sure we will be able to revitalise the institution with support of all members. I shall come back shortly with more news on progress in this direction.

Thanks

Dear Suvarchas,
As an ardent devotee of Kanchi Mutt, I volunteer to involve myself in constructive activities leading to restoration of the ancient glory of the Mutt. You have said that you will take up the initiative and take me to Periyava for carrying out the work. Please mail me your confirmation at [email protected].
We will take the initial action and carry out the work.
Thank you,
T.Sadasiva Kumar

kumar,

welcome back. noticed that you joined in 2006, and have kept mum till now. hopefully, you will find the present set of members, convivial to your interests.

we had some interesting discussions about kanchi mutt. i presume you have read all of them. let us see if this thread revives.

best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back