• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Racism in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri. KRS, Greetings.

Racism, by definition is different from Casteism. The former is one set of RACE having prejudice against a different set of people from another RACE.

Racism and casteism have the same ill effects of hatred towards one set of persons based on birth alone. How do we know race differences also did not contribute to the caste or varna divisions in the past? I know for sure, the class 'mlechas' are different race altogether. some food for thought, please.

Nice to see your participation.

Cheers!

In continuation of my post # 53...

Today I spoke to my son about the higher marks expected from the Asians as compared to the whites and the African Americans - to get admission in the Universities of U.S.A.

He says it is the only way to make sure that the whole class is NOT composed of foreign students and that at least some Americans also a find place in the class.

After all the Universities are run by the tax paid by the Americans. So they have a right to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

It seems that the Asians who dream of higher education in the U. S. A are quite aware of this fact. They readily accept it and they are willing to work hard to achieve it.

The Universities make their entry tough but once they are in, the universities also help those brilliant students by waiving their fees / or part of it, and offering them T.A and R.A posts.

So the dark cloud is not devoid of a silver lining.

I request the professors (both retired and employed) to take up this discussion further. :pray2:

After all the Universities are run by the tax paid by the Americans. So they have a right to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I request the professors (both retired and employed) to take up this discussion further. :pray2:

Is it the case in all Universities? I was under the impression that at least in some universities the scholarships are awarded out of the income generated out of "Endowment fund" donated by benevolent persons and the award of the scholarship or waiver of tuition fees is not a drain on the US exchequer.

It is also possible that the bequeather of the endowment fund would have variously worded the intended beneficiaries, some intending the beneficiaries to be only Whites, some all Americans including AAs, some anyone irrespective of race etc.

We outsiders unaware of the terms of endowment and interpretation by the Trustees may be wrongly blaming the administration of racial bias etc.

It looks like nobody wants us anymore. In India we are hated because we are supposed to be the forward caste.
Dear Mrs.VR,

I would like to say a few things which i earnestly wish and hope is pondered upon positively.

Mrs.VR, you are an artist. Generally artists have highly developed creativity in them. I would like to appeal to this creative individual in you.

In your long career you must have taught many children carnatic sangeetham and bharat natyam. While teaching, with your students you were absorbed in the kalai and rasanam of the art.

Absorbed in the essence of the art, you were not aware of the caste of the children with whom you interacted. The children must have loved their time with you, and looked upon you as a guru. They say, gurus literally are gods.

Surely, a god cannot see difference in his children, to his eye all are his equal. Some may be slow learners, some may grasp quickly, but god's love is given to everyone unconditionally.

Mrs.VR, actually the artist in you has long ago left caste ideas. It has made you an embodiment who gives love to all children equally.

Somehow somewhere we fear for a religious idea that did not come to us naturally, we 'learnt' some ideas while growing up. Perhaps we feel, by allowing ourselves to see everyone as equals, we are doing injustice to our 'religion'.

For a moment please think of children, each of whom are gifted in some or the other aspect of life, irrespective of caste. How hurt they will feel if any of them were to be rejected on grounds of caste.

They will feel "why does teacher not want us"...They'll wonder "will teacher not teach me because of appa's job", and may get dejected thinking "is it my mistake i am born to this appa and amma". Next they will feel sad and broken, thinking "will teacher not love us".

Actually Mrs.VR, these children yearn for acceptance in a religion that they themselves belong to. They do not wish to be put down on the basis of varna. Infact, they wish you accepted them unconditionally. So, Mrs.VR it is actually the reverse of what you have written.

Mrs.VR, if you look at history who were shudras. Between two warring groups, one wins and the other loses. The winners get to be kshatriyas and the losers become shudra slaves.

The winning side fears the losers may regroup and recapture power, so they devise ways in which the captured slaves are constantly kept out of mainstream society, and remain broken.

Yet in various epochs of time, slaves became kshatriyas, and vice-versa. Some were banned from their veda. Maybe some did not accept vedas since they professed a different religion.

Whatever happened in the past, is the past. It is gone. Today, we profess a common religion. Should these people remained banned from vedas....

In the present epoch, our dharmashastras are the indian constitution, with indian penal codes of punishments and law governing the country. We do not have; and cannot have; a group called 'slaves' today. So infact there are no shudras today. Infact there are no avarnas or panchamas either today. Anyone who is interested in the religion is welcome.

In this epoch, is it not reasonable for people to expect to have the veda back. With upanayanams, as kshatriyas and vaishyas.

Unfortunately Mrs.VR, during colonial period, some people prevented others from adopting the upanayanam ritual; or even if it was performed, still looked down upon others as shudras and attested so. This lead to resentment.

Surely Mrs.VR, each one is born with the innate capacity to love and accept. We are hardwired to be optimistic, for optimism has evolutionary value in helping us survive. If we put the past behind, a new day can be welcomed anyday.

I sincerely hope Mrs.VR that you support the better aspect of the religion, that is, nobody is born untouchable or shudra. To God's eye, everybody is an equal and is loved unconditionally. Anybody can learn the veda and become a dvija. If a child shows inclination and capacity for vedanta, mimansa, sankhya and detailed stuff, he can go on to master them and become a philosopher, or pandit or shastry or acharya or brahman. The orthodox side of our religion has nothing to loose by allowing people into it, and everything to gain from myraid minds who will help to develop the religion further.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Dear Mrs.VR,

I would like to say a few things which i earnestly wish and hope is pondered upon positively.

Mrs.VR, you are an artist. Generally artists have highly developed creativity in them. I would like to appeal to this creative individual in you.

In your long career you must have taught many children carnatic sangeetham and bharat natyam. While teaching, with your students you were absorbed in the kalai and rasanam of the art.

Absorbed in the essence of the art, you were not aware of the caste of the children with whom you interacted. The children must have loved their time with you, and looked upon you as a guru. They say, gurus literally are gods.

Surely, a god cannot see difference in his children, to his eye all are his equal. Some may be slow learners, some may grasp quickly, but god's love is given to everyone unconditionally.

Mrs.VR, actually the artist in you has long ago left caste ideas. It has made you an embodiment who gives love to all children equally.

Somehow somewhere we fear for a religious idea that did not come to us naturally, we 'learnt' some ideas while growing up. Perhaps we feel, by allowing ourselves to see everyone as equals, we are doing injustice to our 'religion'.

For a moment please think of children, each of whom are gifted in some or the other aspect of life, irrespective of caste. How hurt they will feel if any of them were to be rejected on grounds of caste.

They will feel "why does teacher not want us"...They'll wonder "will teacher not teach me because of appa's job", and may get dejected thinking "is it my mistake i am born to this appa and amma". Next they will feel sad and broken, thinking "will teacher not love us".

Actually Mrs.VR, these children yearn for acceptance in a religion that they themselves belong to. They do not wish to be put down on the basis of varna. Infact, they wish you accepted them unconditionally. So, Mrs.VR it is actually the reverse of what you have written.

Mrs.VR, if you look at history who were shudras. Between two warring groups, one wins and the other loses. The winners get to be kshatriyas and the losers become shudra slaves.

The winning side fears the losers may regroup and recapture power, so they devise ways in which the captured slaves are constantly kept out of mainstream society, and remain broken.

Yet in various epochs of time, slaves became kshatriyas, and vice-versa. Some were banned from their veda. Maybe some did not accept vedas since they professed a different religion.

Whatever happened in the past, is the past. It is gone. Today, we profess a common religion. Should these people remained banned from vedas....

In the present epoch, our dharmashastras are the indian constitution, with indian penal codes of punishments and law governing the country. We do not have; and cannot have; a group called 'slaves' today. So infact there are no shudras today. Infact there are no avarnas or panchamas either today. Anyone who is interested in the religion is welcome.

In this epoch, is it not reasonable for people to expect to have the veda back. With upanayanams, as kshatriyas and vaishyas.

Unfortunately Mrs.VR, during colonial period, some people prevented others from adopting the upanayanam ritual; or even if it was performed, still looked down upon others as shudras and attested so. This lead to resentment.

Surely Mrs.VR, each one is born with the innate capacity to love and accept. We are hardwired to be optimistic, for optimism has evolutionary value in helping us survive. If we put the past behind, a new day can be welcomed anyday.

I sincerely hope Mrs.VR that you support the better aspect of the religion, that is, nobody is born untouchable or shudra. To God's eye, everybody is an equal and is loved unconditionally. Anybody can learn the veda and become a dvija. If a child shows inclination and capacity for vedanta, mimansa, sankhya and detailed stuff, he can go on to master them and become a philosopher, or pandit or shastry or acharya or brahman. The orthodox side of our religion has nothing to loose by allowing people into it, and everything to gain from myraid minds who will help to develop the religion further.

Thankyou.

HHJi,

I just want to digress from this racism topic to respond to you. Yes in our culture Guru's are always put on a pedestal and treated as Gods. The fact is teachers are normal, regular human beings like any of us. It makes it very difficult for them putting them on a pedestal. They also get frustrated, angry, impatient, just as parents do.

To say a guru treats all children the same is not true. Yes its ideal if they do, but let us please consider that they are human and have human limitations, as do parents. Many teachers find it and absolute joy to teach bright children, obedient children etc and it can be very frustrating communicating with children who are deliberately unruly. But please let us not put more of a burdenn on them overworked teachers and call them god and then complain when they fall off that pedestal. Let us respect them but be aware that they are human with human emotions first.

ஆன்மீகத் தேடலிலும், ஆத்மாவை அறிவதிலும்
அண்மைக்காலமாக மிக்க ஈடுபாடு கொண்டவள்.
அனைவரும் ஆண்டவன் முன்பு சமம் என்றும்
அனைவருக்கும் அவன் அருள் உண்டு என்றும்
முயன்றால் முடியாதது எதுவும் இல்லை என்றும்
முழு மனத்துடன் என்றும் திடமாக நம்புபவள்.

dear Mrs. H.H,

This how I have introduced myself in my blog of Tamil poems.

My father was a dedicated doctor practicing in a small village. There must have been very few brahmin families there.

We never discussed caste in the house. In fact when I went to college and my friends asked me whether I was a vadama, I had replied that I really do not know - much to their embarrassment.

My grandfather never spoke about castes either. We are vegetarians and will eat in any body's house who is a vegetarian. We will also feed anyone who comes invited or uninvited - to the best of our abilities.

Why do you think I was able to accept a girl from a different country and culture as my daughter in law whole heartedly?

All human are equal. All people have red colored blood and there is no difference in their physical features and mental abilities.

Have you ever seen me participating in the threads discussing caste/ religion?

I stay away from them since I do not believe in caste and religion is something very personal. So I do not want to waste my time in them.

I never turned down a student. In fact I only know the mother tongues of my students and NEVER their actual castes. I had no need to know that. I teach and they learn. They are my children though not born out of me.

I believe that Knowledge should not be refused or withheld on any ground from the persons interested to learn them.

An unfortunate incident happened in the close family circle. The parents were very conscious of their caste and its greatness and would shun the other castes.

Their only daughter fell in love with a non-brahmin boy. The parents will not even hear about it. They young lovers got their marriage registered and now they have gone into hiding -fearing that the parents may try to separate them.

I have seen some brahmins do things that a non brahmin will fear to do. I have seen pious and service minded people in every varna.

I had said that other detest us because we are supposed to be F.C. - because that is what is happening in Tamil Nadu.

But I could never do anything of that sort.

with warm regards,
Mrs. V. R.

I

A guru teaches everyone the same things the same way.

The pupils absorb it depending on their sradhdha and buddhi.

Just like God has made a mother in his place in every house,

God has made the guru in his place in every house of learning.

Nobody is banned from vedas. Veda schools are available for brahmins and others who are interested; veda is available in book and audio; anyone can buy and read it.

Chinmayananda was not a Brahmin, that did not stop him from mastering various aspects of Hinduism. Reading Veda is not going to provide salvation to anyone. This all is a smoke screen to vile against some ancient practice performed way back in History. Like Sarang said any body can learn Veda, and any body can start a school to teach veda. You can also learn veda on-line. There is no limitation on who can learn it.

Upanishad self-study vedic chanting chant Sanskrit Ishavasya Upanishad Kena Upanishad

Nobody is banned from vedas. Veda schools are available for brahmins and others who are interested; veda is available in book and audio; anyone can buy and read it.
Sarang, you are mistaken. Some saiva aadhenams in tamilnadu started accepting students for training in agamas very recently. But till date, there is not a single vedapatshala in tamilnadu which admits children irrespective of caste. Its not about interest, salvation, making a living or learning from books. Its about keeping a birth based ideology of segregation alive. In other states, the development has been interesting. TTD opened its vedapatshalas to all only recently (and so have some others in other states).

Dear Mrs.VR,

Thankyou for the wonderful posts. Surely your father must have been a true physician and father who healed and lived with love and raised his children the same.

This one is for your father:

The link of soul and body, say the wise,
Is but the fruit of man's own link with love.

-Thirukkural 8.3

Thankyou Madam, God Bless.

Last edited:
HHJi,

I just want to digress from this racism topic to respond to you. Yes in our culture Guru's are always put on a pedestal and treated as Gods. The fact is teachers are normal, regular human beings like any of us. It makes it very difficult for them putting them on a pedestal. They also get frustrated, angry, impatient, just as parents do.

To say a guru treats all children the same is not true. Yes its ideal if they do, but let us please consider that they are human and have human limitations, as do parents. Many teachers find it and absolute joy to teach bright children, obedient children etc and it can be very frustrating communicating with children who are deliberately unruly. But please let us not put more of a burdenn on them overworked teachers and call them god and then complain when they fall off that pedestal. Let us respect them but be aware that they are human with human emotions first.
Amala, Teacher are humans, i agree. Its easier teaching adults than kids. Kids have plenty of energy and don't know what to do with it. They also have divergent views and questions. Pedagogy can handle that. However, let us not pre-judge kids' character. A true teacher wud never do that.

happy,

i think the point that i think that needs to be stressed: there are always exceptions to who read the the vedas. it is the systematic exclusion of the common guy. even if a dalit attends a school, the feloow vedic students will ostracize him, unless there is guidance and pressure from the top, to accept him.

the indian society has indeed movied a long way from where it has been 50 years ago. and all in the right directions re social attitudes. still we have ways to go. with increased prosperity, urbanization and above all small families and hence less social network expectations, i think we will move even faster towards an egalitarian india. i am hopeful.

for example: in theory dmk or dk is open to every one for membership. i am quite sure, in the 1950s or 60s, a brahmin would have felt very uncomfortable in their surroundings. it is the social acceptance factor, that is being missed.

in the same way, examples of nandanar or ilayaraja, are not examples of dalits being accepted manistream. these are exceptions. a mainstream acceptance for me, if your daughter brings home a dalit, who is qualified and everyway professionally acceptable to you as a brahmin. except that his father was a scavenger. whenw e have the ability to look at a person, regardless of his origins, and just at him and his acheivements, i think we have rached the stage of transparency.

whether it will happen in the next 100 years? only God knows.

happy,

i think the point that i think that needs to be stressed: there are always exceptions to who read the the vedas. it is the systematic exclusion of the common guy. even if a dalit attends a school, the feloow vedic students will ostracize him, unless there is guidance and pressure from the top, to accept him.

the indian society has indeed movied a long way from where it has been 50 years ago. and all in the right directions re social attitudes. still we have ways to go. with increased prosperity, urbanization and above all small families and hence less social network expectations, i think we will move even faster towards an egalitarian india. i am hopeful.

for example: in theory dmk or dk is open to every one for membership. i am quite sure, in the 1950s or 60s, a brahmin would have felt very uncomfortable in their surroundings. it is the social acceptance factor, that is being missed.

in the same way, examples of nandanar or ilayaraja, are not examples of dalits being accepted manistream. these are exceptions. a mainstream acceptance for me, if your daughter brings home a dalit, who is qualified and everyway professionally acceptable to you as a brahmin. except that his father was a scavenger. whenw e have the ability to look at a person, regardless of his origins, and just at him and his acheivements, i think we have rached the stage of transparency.

whether it will happen in the next 100 years? only God knows.
i wonder if 100 years from now scavengers will exist...

anyways, i agree with every single word sir. ...as of how the society goes from here on, i feel, the guidance from the top is what is required.

i wonder if 100 years from now scavengers will exist...

anyways, i agree with every single word sir. ...as of how the society goes from here on, i feel, the guidance from the top is what is required.

I read a news some time back which said that many brahmins become scavenger - or toilet cleaners - since they could not find any other means of livelihood in North India.
It is good in a way since it teaches us there is nothing wrong with manual jobs and there is no such thing as a mean job either!

Dear Mrs.VR,

Thankyou for the wonderful posts. Surely your father must have been a true physician and father who healed and lived with love and raised his children the same.

This one is for your father:

The link of soul and body, say the wise,
Is but the fruit of man's own link with love.

-Thirukkural 8.3

Thankyou Madam, God Bless.

Dear Mrs. H.H,

My father was bound by his Hippocrates's oath. He could have minted money - if he had lived in a city and employed the current tactics of the doctors.

He said once that if he were a second chance to relive his life he would do EXACTLY what he had done already.

Such was his conviction and dedication.

Thank you for your good wishes and blessings.

I will pass them on to my children and grandchildren with your kind permission.

with warm regards and best wishes,
Visalakshi.

Last edited:
I read a news some time back which said that many brahmins become scavenger - or toilet cleaners - since they could not find any other means of livelihood in North India.
It is good in a way since it teaches us there is nothing wrong with manual jobs and there is no such thing as a mean job either!

Dear visa,

A very nice sentiment indeed.

I am wont to remember, here in this very forum, and in another forum, publishing the same and receiving one heck of abuse from fellow tambrams. I sincerely hope, as a community, we have moved on, to realize the worth of honest labour, manual or otherwise. What we do, do not matter, as long as it is honest and done with sincerety and best of our ability.

Thanks again for presenting this idea of ‘dignity of labour’ so shortly, but precisely

Good Lady!!

Dear visa,

A very nice sentiment indeed.

I am wont to remember, here in this very forum, and in another forum, publishing the same and receiving one heck of abuse from fellow tambrams. I sincerely hope, as a community, we have moved on, to realize the worth of honest labour, manual or otherwise. What we do, do not matter, as long as it is honest and done with sincerety and best of our ability.

Thanks again for presenting this idea of ‘dignity of labour’ so shortly, but precisely

Good Lady!!

Dear Mr. kunjuppu,

In india we always get someone to help us even to change a fused bulb. We try to do as little work as possible.

I was amazed to find that the life in U. S. A. has made my sons all rounders. They have learned so many new skills.

Of course I never had a maid servant but for brief periods on and off. So about the dignity of labor they must have learned even as kids.

It is good to be as independent as possible. I have seen morose and long faced ladies dragging through the day- ill tempered and touchy - because the maid servant was absent without prior notification.

Maid servant is also a human being. She will also have emergencies and other worries springing on her without prior notification.

The more arts and crafts we learn, the better persons we will become - more humane and more empathetic.

Kamal Hasan had once told in an interview that his mother did not bother about which profession he wanted to enter.

But whatever it may be, he must be the best- the topmost-
in his chosen profession. He actually used the words
"Rodu kottaravanaa irunthaalum kooda"

Great mothers bring up great sons - ranging from the original warrior Sivaji to actor Kamal Hasan!

with warm regards,
Mrs. V. R

"Racism is one dimensional. Casteism is multi dimensional. Racism can be easily dealt with as against morality based on human equality. Casteism can not be that easily dealt with because it is based on human inequality to begin with."-KRS post 74.

Dear KRS:

(Welcome back - we all missed you for the past several months - I used to look for your posts).

Very well said with one modification at least, "Casteism can't be that easily dealt with because it based on the perceived human inequality to begin with".

As dear Raghy pointed out, both Racism and Casteism are the same in the sense that both discriminated the victims, and in victims point of view, they are the SAME...

Thus, I believe, comparing the progress made in the US on Racism with that of the progress made in India on Casteism is appropriate.

All this aside, please talk about Herman Cain: I believe he has "suspended" his campaign too prematurely.. If he believes he is innocent of sexual harassment and other charges, he should struggle along towards the Iowa caucus and see how the nominating people judge him on this and other issues..

Although I don't like his policies like 999, I like him in the Presidential Nomination Race as a Black man from Georgia, who has come up in life against all odds.

What say you?

Regards

Y

Last edited:
...Although I don't like his policies like 999, I like him in the Presidential Nomination Race as a Black man from Georgia, who has come up in life against all odds.
Y, is this a kind of racism as well?

Dear Srimathi VR Ji,

Thank you for your welcome. I missed the Forum also. Appreciate your concern.

Regarding your postings on the University admissions in the USA, I can, may be, add a bit of different perspective (I was a professional :) student here).

SAT scores are only used as 'cut off' mechanisms, with allowance given to 'special' cases. For example, an Asian student with 1500 SAT score may not be admitted versus an African American student from a very poor neighborhood with a 4.0 average, but with 1400 SAT score.

This is because, the Universities try not to over represent any ethnic group, thus, in their outlook providing a collegiate experience, that somewhat looks like the outside world. This is true for undergraduate education. This is why, lots of 'deserving' students from some ethnic groups get left out. Aside from grades, one's essays, extra curricular activities, community involvement, objectives in life, interviews, even factors such as one's famiiy connection to the University, familiarity with the high school etc., go in to admissions. And based on the applicants, the admission staff strive to make up a balanced incoming class.

While some may feel that this is discrimination, most universities base their admission criteria this way. However, unlike India, in the US we have so many first rate Universities/Colleges that provide good education, if a good student applies to five or six schools, they will almost surely get in to a couple.

By the way, the graduate school admissions are solely based on one's academic merit.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Mr. K.R.S,
Namaste :pray2:

I am elated to see you back in the Forum. :happy:

I had been considering sending a P.M. to find out your welfare.:decision:

Yes, the comparison between Apples and Oranges never seem to end.

But the whether it is Racism or Cast-ism... it dwells and develops in the differences and overlooks the similarities among men.

A very sad state of affairs indeed!

I am reminded of the quotation:

"Man has enough religions to teach him to hate and
not one to teach him to love".

The word Religion can be replaced by many other similar words and still make good sense.

I hope to see you more often in the Forum,

with warm regards,
Mrs. V. R.

Thanks for the welcome, Sri Raghy Ji.

No, we do not know how the caste system started; however if I read the Upanishads and other Hindu texts correctly, when the caste system started, it was not birth based - there was movement between castes, based on one's aptitude.

My intent was to not diminish the victims' misery, in either case. I was looking at the complexities of solutions required at the societal level to eradicate such useless concepts from each society.

In that respect, solutions for Casteism are a bit more complex. Because, we discriminate against our own ethnic and religious brethren. In this respect it has many dimensions and hierarchies.

But let me be clear. Both are anachronistic and do not suit the modern life.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri. KRS, Greetings.

Racism and casteism have the same ill effects of hatred towards one set of persons based on birth alone. How do we know race differences also did not contribute to the caste or varna divisions in the past? I know for sure, the class 'mlechas' are different race altogether. some food for thought, please.

Nice to see your participation.

Cheers!

Adding to Shri KRS's comments, when it comes to admissions policy, we can look at the universities as competitive or open admission. Universities with national reputation receive lot more applications than they can admit. They use a myriad of criteria and select whom to admit. Each application gets careful review. The universities with open admission policy have minimum admission requirements like SAT/AP test score, high school GPA, minimum credits in Math, Science, History, English, etc. and anyone who meets these standards are admitted.

Both kinds of schools visit many high schools all around the country giving out information and encourage prospective students to apply to their university.

There was a comment about scholarships fine tuning eligibility rules to favor White students. This is illegal. If their award history favors Whites only they can be taken to court.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome, Sri Raghy Ji.

No, we do not know how the caste system started; however if I read the Upanishads and other Hindu texts correctly, when the caste system started, it was not birth based - there was movement between castes, based on one's aptitude.
KRS

i have one simple thing longing in my mind for quite long time about that.

let me go by you, that caste system started roughly 5000 years ago, be it aptitude based or birth based, lets not go deep in to it.

considering the points expressed by nara, racism exists in u.s too, but its diminishing or diminished drastically out there. majority see it as bad. no hollywood movie goes without black participation, no benneton advt goes without a black kid, and in the recent few years i have seen the TV cartoon comes with a mix of black, white and yellow. almond eyes are getting glorified. here we are talking about a 300 years history of american racism .

comparing with india, its 4500 years old history, where man in america must have been in tree tops or caves. we had great civilizations. yet,why with such a long time span, we couldnt come out of this discrimination..... comparatively, even now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back