• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock climber Alex Honnold climbing steep mountain slopes solo without a rope! All he uses are his shoes and a power of mind!
If you have a weak heart, do not watch this video!

AlexHonnold

steep climb.JPGsteep climb 2.JPG

Last edited:
Must watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufvA_VNj--M

வெளிநாடடில் மட்டும்தான் இப்படி என்று நம்மை நாமே ஏமாற்றிக்கொள்ள வேண்டாம். இங்குமே (தமிழ்நாட்டிலேயே) இந்த நிலைமைதான்.

Must watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufvA_VNj--M

வெளிநாடடில் மட்டும்தான் இப்படி என்று நம்மை நாமே ஏமாற்றிக்கொள்ள வேண்டாம். இங்குமே (தமிழ்நாட்டிலேயே) இந்த நிலைமைதான்.

Sorry, I just found out that this has already been postedelsewhere in the forum:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/chit-chat/10654-interesting-movie-tamil-grandfather-visits-his-grandson-son-usa.html#post169539

Birds of Paradise Project.

This fall, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and National Geographic are bringing the Birds-of-Paradise Project to the public with a

gorgeous coffee-table book (published October 23, 2012), a major exhibit at the National Geographic Museum (opening

November 1), a documentary on the National Geographic Channel (airing at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT November 22), articles in the

Cornell Lab's Living Bird magazine and National Geographic magazine, and National Geographic Live lectures across the country.

Get an advance look now...and witness diverse strategies of evolution at work and experience one of nature's extraordinary

wonders - up close.

Birds-of-Paradise Project Trailer - YouTube

This is informative!

We all think eating fruit means just buying fruit, cutting it up and popping it into our mouths. It's not that easy. It's important to

know how and
when to eat fruit. What's the correct way to eat fruit?

IT MEANS NOT EATING FRUIT AFTER A MEAL! FRUIT SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.

Eating fruit like that plays a major role in detoxifying your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and

other life activities..

FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD.

Let's say you eat two slices of bread, then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the

intestines, but it's prevented from doing so. In the meantime, the whole meal rots and ferments, and turns to acid. The

minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach, and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil..

Eat your fruit on an empty stomach, or before your meal! You've heard people complain: Every time I eat watermelon I burp,

when I eat durian my stomach bloats, when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc. This will not happen if you eat

the fruit on an empty stomach. Fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas.. Hence, you bloat!

Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, anddark circles under the eyes - all of these willNOT happen if you eat fruit on an

empty stomach. There's no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruit becomes alkaline in

our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter. If you have mastered the correct way of eating

fruit, you have the Secret of Beauty, Longevity, Health, Energy, Happiness and normal weight.

When you need to drink fruit juice drink only fresh fruit juice, NOT from the cans. Don't drink juice that has been heated. Don't

eat cooked fruit; you don't get the nutrients at all. You get only the taste... Cooking destroys all of the vitamins.

Eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice. If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly,

because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it. You can go on a 3-day fruit-fast to cleanse your body. Eat

fruit and drink fruit juice for just 3 days, and you will be surprised when your friends say how radiant you look!

Continued..........

Last edited:

KIWI: Tiny but mighty, and a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of

an orange!

AN APPLE a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which

enhances the activity of vitamin C, thereby helping to lower the risk of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.

STRAWBERRY: Protective Fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body

from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals.

EATING 2 - 4 ORANGES: Oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones, and

reduce the risk of colon cancer.

WATERMELON: Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which

helps boost our immune system. Also a key source of lycopene, the cancer-fighting oxidant. Also found in watermelon:

Vitamin C & Potassium..

GUAVA & PAPAYA: Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in

fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, good for your eyes.. :cool:

P.S: The information in this and the previous post is sent by my friend through e-mail. :)

Never trust whatever appears to be passed on through email without double checking.

This is an urban legend that has been going the rounds on the internet for quite some time.

Check this site for the origin of this legend: fruits

Here is a joke:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, if you throw it hard enough ( at the doctor ) !

Last edited:
Here is an excerpt from the above website: : fruits

……in circulation since 2010, …. titled "Dr. Oz on Eating Fruit." There's no good reason to associate the television health pundit's name with the Internet-circulated piece, because Dr. Oz is not the author of the item, nor has he endorsed its claims about ingesting fruit only at specific times.

Origin of the legend:

The item quoted above, usually titled "The Correct way of Eating Fruits," has been circulating on the Internet since August 2001. It was written in 1998 by Devagi Sanmugam, a chef and culinary writer living in Singapore.

In April 2002, versions of the 'Eat fruit on an empty stomach" e-mail were appended with a list of six fruits and their properties, which was excerpted from a much longer e-mail about foods that supposedly cause cancer and "miracle cures" that could be found in supermarkets. In July 2007, the 2006 ‘ admonition against drinking cold water immediately after meals because it causes cancer [it doesn't) was added to the piece, as was in November 2007 the 1999 advisory about surviving heart attacks by using cough CPR [in a nutshell, don't try it).

The Dr. Herbert Shelton mentioned in the e-mail was a well-known health educator and author who died in 1985. Dr. Shelton held a doctorate degree in naturopathy rather than medicine and was arrested numerous times for practicing medicine without a license. As to the substance of the advice being proffered, the nutritional value of a piece of fruit is the same whether it's eaten on an empty stomach or after a meal. Beliefs regarding ingesting fruit unaccompanied by any other foodstuff and/or only on an empty stomach, appear to have come from various weight loss gurus, the earliest of which might be Harvey and Marilyn Diamond.

In the 1980s, part of the regimen advocated by the Diamonds, authors of Fit for Life, dictated that nothing but fruit and fruit juices be consumed before noon. [They believed the body has three natural cycles regarding its use of food: noon to 8 p.m. for eating and digestion, 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. for absorption and use, and 4 a.m. to noon for elimination of body wastes and food debris. Fruit in the morning — and nothing but fruit at that time — is therefore key to the elimination cycle.] Eat fruit on an empty stomach only, said the Diamonds, otherwise the meal can rot, ferment, and turn to acid because the fruit is being delayed in the stomach and prevented from immediately entering the intestine.

The Diamonds also advocated "food combining,"which is the belief that particular foods need to be eaten with otherparticular foods (and only those foods], while some certain ingestibles must beconsumed unaccompanied by anything else. Dieticians frown on the idea ofcombining certain foods to lose weight because the theory is not based onscientific research and the claims made of it have yet to be proven, however,food combining continues to find its advocates in the weight loss arena,including Suzanne Somers, TV personality and author of EatGreat, Lose Weight [1997] and Marilu Henner, actress and author of Total Health Makeover [2000]. [Somers is also numberedamong those who recommend eating fruit on an empty stomach.)

There is nothing unhealthful about eating fruit along with other foods or after a meal. While it is true fruit (or any other foodstuff) will be more quickly digested if it's the only thing in the stomach, it does not rot in that organ if it happens to share that space with something else.

The e-mail's claims that “The fruit mixes with the putrefying otherfood and produces gas and hence you will bloatl" and "Graying hair,balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will nothappen if you take fruits on an empty stomach" harken back to theDiamonds, who said much the same thing about what they viewed as improper foodcombining: that it created acid in the system, causing the body to retain waterto neutralize it, adding weight and bloat and that it "produces fatigueand lethargy, dark circles under the eyes and the graying of hair."

Indeed, there are some who would do better to ensurethey consume fruits along with other items rather than as a stand-alone.Diabetics, for instance, can somewhat mollify the effect fruit has on spikingtheir blood sugar levels by ingesting it as part of a meal. (While fructose,the sweetener in most fruits, is not absorbed as rapidly as sucrose and glucose and thus has much less effect on blood sugar levels and insulin, it's still something diabetics have to look out for.)

Last edited:
Never trust whatever appears to be passed on through email without double checking..........
Dear Naina Sir,

Thanks for the enlightenment. But, let me share the experience I had yesterday. When I go to listen to an evening concert,

I eat my dinner at 6 p.m. and then go to the sabha. Usually, I eat curd rice, some sAmbar and one veg. I never had any problem

so far. Yesterday, I did not have time to prepare curry; I replaced it with some pomegranate seeds. Throughout the concert, I had

the problem of acidity and felt discomfort! May be, it is because I thought it is wrong to eat a fruits along with food? :confused:

A parody for the technologists inventing and accomplishing something simple through complicated convoluted techniques? In simple terms, சுத்தி வளைச்சு மூக்கைத் தொடரது??
From Wikipedia on Rube Goldberg machine:

:Rubenvent.jpg

A self-operatingnapkin to wipe the chin after eating soup:

The "Self-Operating Napkin" is activated when soup spoon (A) is raised to mouth, pulling string (B) and thereby jerking ladle (C), which throws cracker(D) past parrot (E). Parrot jumps after cracker and perch (F) tilts, upsetting seeds (G) into pail(H). Extra weight in pail pulls cord(I), which opens and lights automatic cigar lighter (J),setting off skyrocket (K) which causes sickle (L) to cut string (M) and allow pendulum with attached napkin to swingback and forth, thereby wiping chin.

Last edited:
There were three Seers in South India who rose to the prominence of spiritual leaders
at the same time leading very simple monastic life. All the three were interconnected
with each other in one way or other. All three were born in Tamil Nadu were and
by divine forces drawn to Tiruvannamalai and Kancheepuram from where they continued
their mission of serving humanity by spirituality

• Shri Seshadri Swamigal was known as having golden hand.
• Ramana Maharishi for his golden silence of preaching and
• Kanchi Maha Periyava with golden heart who did only good
to his devotees silently.

Balasubramanian

Dear Tmt RR

Your post # 565

Why blame only the fruits? - Could've been the music / musician / general ambiance itself.

I remember there was a study that I was doing on behalf of Akka Garu [Tmt VR], on her pet
topic " Apaana Vaayu ".

Findings of the study withheld because at that time, some pompous members of the TB Forum got
caught plagiarizing and even turned a bit nasty when their genuineness, originality and intelligence
[ rather the lack of it all ] was laid as bare as a center-page of a XXX magazine.

Findings : All rights reserved. Copyright with TMT VR, would require her written consent, or else
one may have to face legal ramifications.

Just imagine, if a coconut / jackfruit were to have fallen on his head, Newton might not have
lived, and we might never have the Laws of Gravitation !

So, don't blame the fruits.

Yay Yem

How can apaana vaayu or for that matter any other vaayu

except praana vaayu be any one's pet (myself included)??? :confused:

I remember the Indian aunties who strolled on Disneyland pulling behind them

thin cylinders of oxygen and complete with the Y shaped supply tube taped

above the upper lip. Obviously NOTHING could keep them from visiting

Disneyland before they took off!

I am eager to know two things...

The top secret findings which are not copyrighted by me

and how do people find out the the behind the screen scenes??

Dear Tmt VR

Your post # 573.

Now, it doesn't matter where / on whose head a coconut/jackfruit falls and for
for sure while falling down they don't have any guidance system to target anything.

And your post # 574, I wasn't particularly noticing the 'backsides of Indian aunties' in
Disneyland - hence not qualified to make comment on the issue.

As regards your 'pet theme' some things are "Deliberately Falsified" or not yet 'De-Classified" so an
open forum may not privy to the contents / findings .

The VT didn't see any 'tribute' to itself or any turtle, for that matter !!!

Yay Yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back