• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

nonbelieing horoscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Ramachabran,
Your lament is similar to the lament of Arjuna is chapter 1.43.
By the misdeeds of these mixed-breeds and the destroyers of the family the ancient laws of the caste and the family are destroyed.

We have heard it, O Krishna, that the men of the families, whose laws are destroyed live in hell forever.

The everlasting qualities of Varna
And family traditions of those
Who destroy their family are ruined
By the sinful act of illegitimacy.

kula-ksaye pranasyanti
kula-dharmah sanatanah
dharme naste kulam krtsnam
adharmo ’bhibhavaty uta

"With the destruction of dynasty, the eternal family tradition is vanquished, and thus the rest of the family becomes involved in irreligion."

adharmabhibhavat krishna
pradusyanti kula-striyah
strisu dustasu varsneya
jayate varna-sankarah

"When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krishna, the women of the family become polluted, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrishni, comes unwanted progeny."

utsanna-kula-dharmanam
manushyanam janardana
narake niyatam vaso
bhavatity anususruma

"O Krishna, maintainer of the people, I have heard by disciplic succession that those who destroy family traditions dwell always in hell."

You need a Krishna and 17 more chapters to get a clear picture.

Mr. Ramachabran,
By the misdeeds of these mixed-breeds and the destroyers of the family the ancient laws of the caste and the family are destroyed.

We have heard it, O Krishna, that the men of the families, whose laws are destroyed live in hell forever.

kula-ksaye pranasyanti
kula-dharmah sanatanah
adharmo ’bhibhavaty uta

"With the destruction of dynasty, the eternal family tradition is vanquished, and thus the rest of the family becomes involved in irreligion."

adharmabhibhavat krishna
pradusyanti kula-striyah
strisu dustasu varsneya
jayate varna-sankarah

"When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krishna, the women of the family become polluted, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrishni, comes unwanted progeny."

utsanna-kula-dharmanam
manushyanam janardana
narake niyatam vaso
bhavatity anususruma

"O Krishna, maintainer of the people, I have heard by disciplic succession that those who destroy family traditions dwell always in hell."

After all these laments and Arjuna says that he rather die unarmed and not fight with the Kauravas...Lord Krishna does not comment on Arjuna's lamenting of loss of tradition but instead says:

sri-bhagavan uvaca
kutas tva kasmalam idam
visame samupasthitam
anarya-justam asvargyam
akirti-karam arjuna

bump.gif
The Supreme Person [Bhagavan] said: My dear Arjuna, how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the progressive values of life. They do not lead to higher planets, but to infamy.

Bhagavad Gita As It Is, 2: Contents of the Gita Summarized, Text 2.

O M G. My question is not answered. In many matrimonial sites H/S matching is a MUST.And there is dearth of knowledge astrologers. As a community should we continue or not.

Need people to join the ashram.
You see it can't be one man show!!

I feel you and Biswa should join too!

We have only heard of ashrams headed by male and women "sishyai". Here is a woman offering to head an ashram and calling for male "sishyan"s. Going by the experience around us in today's world, I would like to "experiment". hehehe.:heh:

post37 #
dear renuka ji !
let us take the words of sri ramachandran coming from a man most frustated after watching closely the happenning in our society.mainly from brahmin community.we used hear the following dialogue in horoscope exchange centre
1)my son is useless ,he is not knowing the art of love(let it be any caste girl) which make us worrying about his future.
2)all the father of earning girls want to live happily without getting their daughter married since their daughter income will be lost
3)what if the gothrams are same ? we will arrange for sveekaram if you want different gothra etc.

they will be going on rejecting the good alliance in the first instant and setlle for less meritorious
guruvayurappan
they will be worried for their sons not married ,but will not be ready to accept with poor family

O M G. My question is not answered. In many matrimonial sites H/S matching is a MUST.And there is dearth of knowledge astrologers. As a community should we continue or not.
We can speak as individual, and practice as individuals. I can not speak for the community.

Need people to join the ashram.
You see it can't be one man show!!

I feel you and Biswa should join too!
I can definitely be in the gang that shouts Govinda. My joining is not necessarily an assets. Even people from this site will boycott you if they see my name. So I will be in the background. When you are at the head, you need some "chamchas", I will be one.

I have read this part as well. Interestingly Arjun did not think he was promoting irreligion or polluting himself when he married a tribal princess called Ulupi. He was just following Kshatriya dharma. In that world, only women were considered polluted.

Strangely, not much has changed ...

Mr. Ramachabran,

kula-ksaye pranasyanti
kula-dharmah sanatanah
adharmo ’bhibhavaty uta

adharmabhibhavat krishna
pradusyanti kula-striyah
strisu dustasu varsneya
jayate varna-sankarah

utsanna-kula-dharmanam
manushyanam janardana
narake niyatam vaso
bhavatity anususruma

I can definitely be in the gang that shouts Govinda. My joining is not necessarily an assets. Even people from this site will boycott you if they see my name. So I will be in the background. When you are at the head, you need some "chamchas", I will be one.

Hey Mr. Prasad, we are back to the fan club again! Only now it is called an ashram! :D

It is just not a question of disbelief in horoscope. There are various factors.

1. The correctness of the horoscope since all might not have jotted down
the correct time and date birth. The place of birth and its longtitude, latitude
and altitude must be correctly ascertained in order to determine the degrees.
In the olden days, they did not have adequate instruments and /or data to
get these basic data. If the horoscope is computed on incorrect data, the
predictions will go wrong.

2. There are different systems in astrology itself. KP is supposed to be more
accurate.

3. The astrologers may not have studied it well, I mean the subject itself.

4. The astrologers might have correctly interpreted but might not have told
the person all his readings. They keep certain things to themselves for the
fear that if they tell the truth , the person will be scared - like you will
die shortly or you will become penniless etc. So they tell them to do some
pariharams. Slowly the person will either get used to it or will give up.

5. Horoscope is just an indicator of what is in store for you because the
present condition is dictated by your past deeds. You will have to go thru' it.
The Navagrahas just do their work. That is all. You can't expect miracles
since you will be reversing the nature.

6. Once you have gone thru' the bad or good period during a particular dasa/
bukthi/gochara, things again take their own course depending upon your karma.

7. The problem is that we expect that pariharams will save you from the
effects of your karma.

8. If you have totally surrendered to God whom you worship and to your Guru,
you will get the required mental strength to undergo any bad period
as prarabdha and putting up with it.

9. God's grace is required to read and interpret the horoscopes correctly. Not many
have this.

Last edited:
post37 #
dear renuka ji !
let us take the words of sri ramachandran coming from a man most frustated after watching closely the happenning in our society.mainly from brahmin community.we used hear the following dialogue in horoscope exchange centre
1)my son is useless ,he is not knowing the art of love(let it be any caste girl) which make us worrying about his future.
2)all the father of earning girls want to live happily without getting their daughter married since their daughter income will be lost
3)what if the gothrams are same ? we will arrange for sveekaram if you want different gothra etc.

they will be going on rejecting the good alliance in the first instant and setlle for less meritorious
guruvayurappan
they will be worried for their sons not married ,but will not be ready to accept with poor family

Dear sir,

I would rather use the word Concerned instead of Frustration.
Sometimes when we are overly concerned we tend to feel that all hope is lost.

I can understand his feelings but it is just that I would like to highlight a point that people from other Varna or another religion who believe in God would not like to marry a person who does NOT believe in God.

That's why I wrote in my earlier post objecting to that the line "Brahmins who are Atheist or Blasphemous should consider marrying people who are Non Brahmin or from other religion"

Tell me what will anyone of us believers do with an Atheist at home?

Just to add..out here in Malaysia 99.99% of Non Brahmins believe in horoscope and numerolgy and Vasthu Shastra.
Some do not even sign a document with a lawyer for any purchase without seeing the time.

Some even go in for a C section delivery for babies so that the child has a favorable horoscope.
I have a relative with a failed 1st arranged marriage and still wants to check horoscope for any prospective 2nd marriage grooms.

Very few people out here actually leave everything to God and let Him decide.

On a personal note I feel if we have intense faith in God..you will see your own horoscope changing.
Sometimes things might look unfavorable but I personally take every unfavorable event as God's given opportunity to burn up my Sanchita Karma.

So welcome everything that comes to us be it good or bad.

Sri Ranganathan Said this:

1. The correctness of the horoscope since all might not have jotted down the correct time and date birth. The place of birth and its longtitude, latitude and altitude must be correctly ascertained in order to determine the degrees. In the olden days, they did not have adequate instruments and /or data to get these basic data. If the horoscope is computed on incorrect data, the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]predictions[/FONT][/FONT] will go wrong.

There are many cases where the predictions have gone wrong even though the horoscopes were perfectly cast. This can not be explained by astrology. If astrologer is to insist that the casting was prima facie wrong and that is why the prediction went wrong then it becomes his word against the other person's word. The latter's word will have to be accepted because it is he who knows when his son/daughter was born and it is he who knows at what time exactly and where exactly the child was born. I have come across many astrologers who blame the incorrect casting of the horoscope for their predictions going wrong.

2. There are different systems in [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]astrology[/FONT][/FONT] itself. KP is supposed to be more
accurate

In astrology even the most accurate systems are known to have holes.

4. The astrologers might have correctly interpreted but might not have told the person all his readings. They keep certain things to themselves for the
fear that if they tell the truth , the person will be scared - like you will
die shortly or you will become penniless etc. So they tell them to do some
pariharams. Slowly the person will either get used to it or will give up.

If this were the case, it means, the astrologer usurpes a role not assigned to him. He is not a counseller who is asked to manage/assist a weak minded customer. His duty is to just say the truth as he understands from the horoscope given to him. For that matter it is unnecessary even to know that the person sitting before him is the person whose horoscope he is studying.

5. Horoscope is just an indicator of what is in store for you because the present condition is dictated by your past deeds. You will have to go thru' it. The Navagrahas just do their work. That is all. You can't expect miracles
since you will be reversing the nature.
6. Once you have gone thru' the bad or good period during a particular dasa/
bukthi/gochara, things again take their own course depending upon your karma.
7. The problem is that we expect that pariharams will save you from the
effects of your karma.

If navagrahas will do their work come what may, if past deeds determine the course that life will take and if karma is the determining factor what use is pariharam? We can as well face the ordeals life for what they are worth.

8. If you have totally surrendered to God whom you worship and to your Guru,you will get the required mental strength to undergo any bad period
as prarabdha and putting up with it.

This is the one and only truth.

Cheers.

Last edited:

There are many cases where the predictions have gone wrong even though the horoscopes were perfectly cast. This can not be explained by astrology. If astrologer is to insist that the casting was prima facie wrong and that is why the prediction went wrong then it becomes his word against the other person's word. The latter's word will have to be accepted because it is he who knows when his son/daughter was born and it is he who knows at what time exactly and where exactly the child was born. I have come across many astrologers who blame the incorrect casting of the horoscope for their predictions going wrong.

If this were the case, it means, the astrologer usurpes a role not assigned to him. He is not a counseller who is asked to manage/assist a weak minded customer. His duty is to just say the truth as he understands from the horoscope given to him. For that matter it is unnecessary even to know that the person sitting before him is the person whose horoscope he is studying.

If navagrahas will do their work come what may, if past deeds determine the course that life will take and if karma is the determining factor what use is pariharam? We can as well face the ordeals life for what they are worth.

Cheers.
Raju sir,
I agree with your explanations, and style of saying it.

Cheers.

Dear Suraju06 sir,

I beg to differ .

1. The astrologer may not be adequately qualified , may be a quack and lacks
experience. A man who is well-read and who has good experience can correctly
interpret. Such men are rare and they do not do this for money.
2. KP system is more accurate since he has taken the influence of many factors
like nakshathra, constellations placed in it, lord of the nakshathra, lord of the
constellations and the lords of the houses where they are placed. In my
younger days I also brushed aside his method, but slowly took interest in it.
I am not a professional astrologer.
3. It is a normal practice not to tell very very bad things like death etc for the
fear that it will hurt the people who come to him with hope. I can't possibly
tell someone - hey look here , you will die soon.
4 to 8. I have said the same . No difference between us.

Thanks.

Dear Suraju06 sir,

I beg to differ .

1. The astrologer may not be adequately qualified , may be a quack and lacks
experience. A man who is well-read and who has good experience can correctly
interpret. Such men are rare and they do not do this for money.
2. KP system is more accurate since he has taken the influence of many factors
like nakshathra, constellations placed in it, lord of the nakshathra, lord of the
constellations and the lords of the houses where they are placed. In my
younger days I also brushed aside his method, but slowly took interest in it.
I am not a professional astrologer.
3. It is a normal practice not to tell very very bad things like death etc for the
fear that it will hurt the people who come to him with hope. I can't possibly
tell someone - hey look here , you will die soon.
4 to 8. I have said the same . No difference between us.

Thanks.

There is an Honest Guru, who can initiate me in my path towards true salvation. It is not the commercial guru's you find in every town. I do not know how to find him.

It might be true of a " true astrologer". It is definitely not the astrologers we meet. If there is a true astrologer, I have very little chance of meeting him/her.

So my opinion based on my experiences is that most of the Astrologers are useless. Astrology is useless, it is good pass time, and may be good party game.

Like Mr. Raju said,

If you really believe in Karma theory, and have full faith in Ultimate reality, you will not get distracted by all this mumbo-jumbo. You can not have your cake and eat it too.
If you truly believe in Karma theory and then believe in pariharams you are negating one faith with the other as they are diametrically opposite.

Last edited:
Dear Mr.Prasad1,

I do not recall any post where I have said that I have gone to an astrologer for
pariharam. I believe that the effect of karma has to be gone through and only
in this way , the effect of karmas will be reduced or squared off. Please point
out the post where I have said that pariharam will ward off the karma-effect.
I will withdraw it.

It happened some decades ago. There was an astrologer. A gentleman
used to come to him quite often and pour all his woes before him. So
the astrologer told him to do some pariharams which that man did
sincerely. But his problems were still hanging around and he tirelessly
used to visit him and seek more and more pariharams. No effect.

Seeing that the man has not been coming to the astrologer, the astrologer's
friend asked him - where is your usual customer ? He has not been coming
to you for quite sometime. Is his problem solved ?

The astrologer replied - There may be two reasons. One is that he has got
used to the troubles. The other is that his period - meaning dasa, bukthi
and gochara - might have changed with the passage of time and with
the transit of the planets. !!!

There is another astrologer who will ask you to do some impossible
pariharams. He will ask you to visit a certain temple and do archana for
5 weeks without any gap. It is common knowledge that on some days
the women can not go to the temple. Obviously, on some days they
are unable to do pariharams. If they come back to the astrologer, he
will examine the same horoscopes again (!) , and tell them that the
pariharams are not done regularly as advised by him and that there
are certain intervals.