• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Misogyny - Nobody likes strong women!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janaki Jambunathan

Strong women don’t get sympathy, says Taslima Nasreen

Surprise visitor

Much to the surprise of the audience, Taslima Nasreen made an unscheduled appearance on the front lawns of the Diggi Palace before lunch. She spoke about her quest for a home after being exiled, as documented in her 2016 book, Exile: A Memoir. “I was exiled from Bangladesh and moved to Europe for a while. But I returned to West Bengal because it felt like the next best thing to home. Then I was exiled from West Bengal. I now live in Delhi, and I tried to find an apartment in the Bengali neighbourhood, Chittaranjan Park, and couldn’t find one. No landlord would accept me,” she said.

“When I was weak and oppressed, I inspired sympathy. Now I don’t. Strong women don’t get sympathy. Nobody likes strong women.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theh...lk-on-ending-misogyny/article17083564.ece/amp

I feel its not about people not liking strong women..its about not being fond of women who might be trouble causers.

Some women complain non stop for the smallest of matters and would kick up a storm for almost everything.

Anything and everything would be viewed as an attack to their gender.

The fact is both genders have some limitations..a female can not be a male and a male can not be a female.

Both have to realize this.

Being strong is not about being vocal or harshly opposing to any views...being strong for a woman is being feminine yet able to sail tru ups and downs of existence.

Its not very easy even for males to sail tru existence..its a challenge.

Strength is about handling change.

Not everyone can handle change easily.

So...... so called Strong Woman should realize that strength isnt always about being overtly opposing to a flow.

Strength isnt about swimming up stream

Strength is changing our strokes as we swim with the flow.

I surely wont rent my premise to a person (male or female) who has courted controversy...chances are they will try to cause trouble and look for the slightest loop hole to hit at anyone..a simple person would just pay rent.

I like strong women.

When I come across women with ready tears for everything around them , I get turned off.

I normally find strong women good at taking on anyone including males.

I find them useful as fixers.

I would happily rent out my flat to such a person to fix my neighbours .lol

Everyone has some utility including strong women.

When I am unable to fix any issue, I turn to the nearest woman who looks tough ,outspoken, almost masculine and fierce.

Some use their lungpower and words to put anyone in his place.

They are the best.

Last edited:
Arrogance is mostly mistaken as Strength.

Dominance is also mistaken as Strength.

Some females have a slightly higher testosterone and end up becoming Alpha Females and makes everyones life a living hell.

A womans strength is best when its like a rose that speaks volumes in the language of fragrance.

Strong males are such a turn on!!!!

They make lives of others easier..whenever I cant handle anything..I turn to the nearest Alpha Male..work gets done.

Tears are a females weapon..it can make wonders happen.

I support all women.

Not all opposition to a particular woman is because of her Gender.
For instance, all opposition to Hillary was not because of her gender alone. She had her own baggage. She was a "Clinton", She had been in public eye, and had made lot of money, Etc.
Similarly, Taslima has made more enemies, they are all not against women.

I agree that she should be given the freedom to settle anywhere. It is a shame that she is being hounded.

Last edited:
Similarly, Taslima has made more enemies, they are all not against women.

I agree that she should be given the freedom to settle anywhere. It is a shame that she is being hounded.

It could just be that landlords do not want problems.

Talisma has an anti islamic stance...she might be still targeted by Islamic extremist..everyone else staying around her would be in danger if there is an attack on her.

I guess its better to avoid renting out houses for controversial characters.

Is it a problem to rent flats to single women?

Well I have one with a weekend husband in my flat in chennai.

She was spirited enough to say no to husband as he wanted to go to bangalore and live with his parents .

She is a working girl.

She prefers to stay by herself .

This is new india.

Only husband wanting both parents and wife has to shuttle between two cities regularly.

When she feels like having weekend enjoyment, she goes with husband elsewhere to rest and have a good time

Who wants to stay with nuisance making inlaws?

Last edited:
The sexist remarks doled out by Janata Dal (United) leader Sharad Yadav and Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vinay Katiyar show the ignominious side of Indian politics. Sexism, misogyny and patriarchy are so deeply ingrained in our society that it is no surprise when politicians and ‘public leaders’ dish out insensitive misogynistic remarks. The disheartening part is that these are the same people who are opinion makers and ones who have great influence in moulding public conscience.

On Wednesday, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vinay Katiyar made a blatantly sexist remark on Congress’ star campaigner in Uttar Pradesh Priyanka Vadra. Katiyar took the unaccorded liberty to comment on her appearance saying “there are prettier campaigners than Priyanka”.

Also, in a video release by ANI, former Janata Dal (United) president and serving member in Rajya Sabha Sharad Yadav is seen making sexist remarks where he tells his audience – read vote bank – that the honour of their vote is much more than the honour of their daughters.

[FONT=&quot]Brinda Karat wrote in a column the same week and rightly so that the kind of words, body language and attitudes used by Yadav and his ilk “indicated the poor and deteriorating standards of public debate often led by senior leaders.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One cannot agree more with her. What we now have is systemic misogyny, trivialisation of rape, stalking, molestation, unwarranted liberties taken by sexist, patriarchal, chauvinistic politicians and the emboldening of sexism in the public conscience and political system.[/FONT]
http://indianexpress.com/article/op...st-come-to-an-end-in-indian-politics-4490945/

Misogyny - by netas!

https://www.google.com/amp/m.ndtv.c...daughters-honour-1652418?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Another one

Katiyar said earlier today he didn't think Priyanka was a 'star campaigner' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls because "there are other campaigners who are far more beautiful than her."

Funny that when Lalu Prasad remarked in 2010 that he would make Bihar's roads as smooth as Hema Malini's cheeks, the same NDTV did not consider that remark as misogyny.

Neither did the Big Bindi Brinda Karat make any comment of poor and deteriorating standards of public debate.

In fact Hema Malini took that remark in with a good laugh and in her stride and gave a dance show in Patna co-sponsored by Bihar Goverement as can be seen here: http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/lalu-yadav-and-sons-watch-hema-malinis-show-in-bihar-1478918.

The fact of the matter is there is a large retinue of unemployed semi journalists and a panel full of free experts to fill up the TV screens in the news hour shows.

To an extent, women usually allow or accept Misogynistic comments. And "party loyalist" support such comments because it is their party leaders who made it.
A bad comment has no party boundary. It must be condemned by all right-thinking human beings.

To an extent, women usually allow or accept Misogynistic comments. And "party loyalist" support such comments because it is their party leaders who made it.
A bad comment has no party boundary. It must be condemned by all right-thinking human beings.

Dear Prasad ji,

Sometimes females might not react to all comments becos we might use it for some later benefit!LOL

I feel almost 100% males have misogynistic traits..its just that some are blatant and some are passive.

Husband likes a tough wife in case she is not a cribbing type..He would like one who solves problems and not come with new problems every day

Husband likes a tough wife in case she is not a cribbing type..He would like one who solves problems and not come with new problems every day

We females prefer males who are tough type and not those who want to depend on wife to be tough!LOL

Wife is like a flower...she needs tender and loving care.

Husband should be like a gladiator..who will be macho, protective and be like GOD!LOL

Some are passive as they fear the disproportionate backlash .

True....the fact is almost all males are the same!LOL

Try fighting with a male or even raise your voice while talking...the 1st thing they would say "As a woman you seem to be too this or too that etc."

The question is, in

the real world, outside Dangal , who is going to do the work that girls are liberated from?

Women’s empowerment is not merely about women becoming wrestlers or fighter pilots, which are, of course, important symbolic gestures. But for real equality, it is imperative that women’s care work be given its due material recognition. It would also mean a thorough reordering of gender norms, not by a few women entering the men’s turf, but by men entering women’s turf, and taking on “feminine” unpaid care work, which is what will allow women to secure paid employment.

For the real equality for women, along with the Mahavir Phogats, we need the likes of Arunachalam Muruganantham, the man who revolutionised women’s health by inventing cheap sanitary napkins.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-opinion/Women-and-invisible-work/article17095424.ece

Last edited:
The other JJ is no more...since you wrote our previous post in present tense I guess the JJ you were referring to is you!

It is now JJ brigade - Jallikattu Joans! Udderly delicious!

Jallikattu Jayas’ could wrestle down any males daring to grab stuff off them or anyone trying the usual discriminatory practices.

This liberating idea could be taken up by ‘Jallikattu Joans’, the women uniting against Trump’s regressive policies. He is the ultimate bull, and not only in China’s shop. Soon he’ll gore Al’s work on climate change.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...of-the-republic-is-the-new-anthem-everywhere/

The question is, in

the real world, outside Dangal , who is going to do the work that girls are liberated from?

Women’s empowerment is not merely about women becoming wrestlers or fighter pilots, which are, of course, important symbolic gestures. But for real equality, it is imperative that women’s care work be given its due material recognition. It would also mean a thorough reordering of gender norms, not by a few women entering the men’s turf, but by men entering women’s turf, and taking on “feminine” unpaid care work, which is what will allow women to secure paid employment.

For the real equality for women, along with the Mahavir Phogats, we need the likes of Arunachalam Muruganantham, the man who revolutionised women’s health by inventing cheap sanitary napkins.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-opinion/Women-and-invisible-work/article17095424.ece
It is clear that most of the unpaid care work of educated/liberated women are taken over by domestics [women] from marginalised poor families.

Men take over unpaid care work only to a minor extent in developing countries.

Men prefer their neighbours wife to be liberated not their own.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back