• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is God nonvegetarian"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biswa Sir/Maam,

Yes, that offering of ecstasy involves utmost sense control, possibly the hardest sense control. But I do not know this is inappropriate to this forum. I am sorry.

Thanks.

Sri.Athreyan,

What do we have here?!.... someone talking about Tantric devotion? Wow! Times are changing by the looks of it! I don't think it is inappropriate provided you don't go into the nitty gritty details!

Cheers!

Biswa Sir/Maam,

Yes, that offering of ecstasy involves utmost sense control, possibly the hardest sense control. But I do not know this is inappropriate to this forum. I am sorry.

Thanks.

Dear Atreyan,

No No..nothing is inappropriate if well presented.
After all Tantra has been part of culture for a long time.

I am sure we members would like to know more.

Dear Atreyan,

No No..nothing is inappropriate if well presented.
After all Tantra has been part of culture for a long time.

I am sure we members would like to know more.

Renuka,

Just like other prayer rituals and procedures, Tantra has many procedures too. For example, a simple 5 minutes pooja can be conducted in the usual prayer procedure; or we may conduct a long 'homam' too. Similarly Tantric procedure too can be very simple or very eloberate. But the basic offering is love and union. Nothing harsh. Even the prasadams are mild. Only fruit mixtures, salads, mild tasting simple dishes etc are offered. The pooja should be almost sensual.

Thanks.

Like all citizens of the Internet, I looked up Wikipedia for the article about Tantra. Allow me to quote:

Not only could householders aspire to spiritual liberation in the Tantric system, they were the type of practitioner that most Tantric manuals had in mind. Furthermore, since Tantra dissolved the dichotomy of spiritual versus mundane, practitioners could entail every aspect of their daily lives into their spiritual growth process, seeking to realize the transcendent in the immanent. Tantric spiritual practices and rituals thus aim to bring about an inner realization of the truth that "Nothing exists that is not Divine"

I interpret this to mean that it is A-ok to go ahead with our sensual activities in life and we can still reach God this way. I can already think of some Tantra practitioners among our forum members. LOL!

Renuka,

Just like other prayer rituals and procedures, Tantra has many procedures too. For example, a simple 5 minutes pooja can be conducted in the usual prayer procedure; or we may conduct a long 'homam' too. Similarly Tantric procedure too can be very simple or very eloberate. But the basic offering is love and union. Nothing harsh. Even the prasadams are mild. Only fruit mixtures, salads, mild tasting simple dishes etc are offered. The pooja should be almost sensual.

Thanks.

Ok I have a doubt here.
How does this apply for a Non Believer In God or any Higher Form?

Umm, but why would a non-believer do pooja, even if Tantric? Or he/she may just conduct the sensual parts without considering it pooja. Or maybe just pooja to himself.

But I am still interested in this "offering of love and union". So did Krishna follow the tantric style?

I am not sure about the simple prasadam. I do know about Tantric practices that involved consuming the Indian equivalent of "Jack Daniels". To each according to his own taste, I guess...

But we do know from Vedic rituals that the regular Hindu gods did not mind a spot of somarasa either.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the simple prasadam. I do know about Tantric practices that involved consuming the Indian equivalent of "Jack Daniels". To each according to his own taste, I guess...

But we do know from Vedic rituals that the regular Hindu gods did not mind a spot of somarasa either.

JD is not very good for that. You got to have the utmost sense control. Mind has to be sharp and very attentive. JD will ruin the show.

Cheers!

JD is not very good for that. You got to have the utmost sense control. Mind has to be sharp and very attentive. JD will ruin the show.

Cheers!

Well how about some other narcotics then? As per North Indians, we are supposed to believe that our Shivji is fond of bhang (cannabis). What's good for the God, must be good for the devotee...

But I am still interested in this "offering of love and union". So did Krishna follow the tantric style?

No..Sayujya Mukti is totally different.

It is a union of Jeevaatma and Paramaatma which is not through the senses at all.

Last edited:
Well how about some other narcotics then? As per North Indians, we are supposed to believe that our Shivji is fond of bhang (cannabis). What's good for the God, must be good for the devotee...

True. Few years ago I spent two weeks' spiritual sojourn at Rishikesh during Shivaratri time. I was alarmed to see
the liberal use of Bhang in all forms with Bhajans by the devotees yogis and Gurus in almost all ashrams there.
These were done in the name of Lord Shiva.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

True. Few years ago I spent two weeks' spiritual sojourn at Rishikesh during Shivaratri time. I was alarmed to see
the liberal use of Bhang in all forms with Bhajans by the devotees yogis and Gurus in almost all ashrams there.
These were done in the name of Lord Shiva.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear sir,

The other day a friend of mine called me to ask me about Aghoras and their Tantra rituals of flesh and alcohol.

My friend was saying that Lord Shiva lives in a cremation ground and applies ash all over His body..so Aghoras are also doing the same by applying the ash of dead bodies over their bodies...so basically there is nothing wrong in what they do.

I told him..many people want to emulate God but Lord Shiva drank Hala Hala and not some alcohol from some bottle.

He covers himself with the ash of dissolution and not just any normal ash and if anyone wants to be a real Lord Shiva ask them to go around wearing a life untamed snake around their neck!

You see we Humans just pick and choose what ever we like and attribute everything to God.

Poor God yaar..He must be sick and tired of His own creation!!LOL

.......... The wife who was Pati Vrata did not even move a little to save the child cos of fear that her husband's sleep will get disturbed. Owing to her steadfast devotion to her husband..the fire turned cool like sandal paste for the falling child"

Now RR Ji..do you really expect me to believe this?
There are many similar 'stories', Renu! Another one - Source: Wikipedia.

'Once trinity decided to test the chastity of Anasuya. They came to Anasuyaa's house as Brahmins and request for food

with the condition that she has to serve it nude. Anasuyaa with much hesitation agreed to that. In turn she used her

pativrita shakti to convert the Brahmins into babies and offered them food without any dress. Trinity could revert to

their original form only after she did herself on the request of Goddesses. Trinity blessed them with three sons:

Dattatreya
, Chandraatri and Durvasa.'

This story needs a spoon of salt...
What a way to degrade our Trimoorthis!! :shocked:

Dear sir,

The other day a friend of mine called me to ask me about Aghoras and their Tantra rituals of flesh and alcohol.

My friend was saying that Lord Shiva lives in a cremation ground and applies ash all over His body..so Aghoras are also doing the same by applying the ash of dead bodies over their bodies...so basically there is nothing wrong in what they do.

I told him..many people want to emulate God but Lord Shiva drank Hala Hala and not some alcohol from some bottle.

He covers himself with the ash of dissolution and not just any normal ash and if anyone wants to be a real Lord Shiva ask them to go around wearing a life untamed snake around their neck!

You see we Humans just pick and choose what ever we like and attribute everything to God.

Poor God yaar..He must be sick and tired of His own creation!!LOL

"Poor God yaar..He must be sick and tired of His own creation!!".....

What they SOW ..they will REAP....!! Why blame the humans when it is the GOD which has created the Humans..?

TVK

'Once trinity decided to test the chastity of Anasuya. They came to Anasuyaa's house as Brahmins and request for food

with the condition that she has to serve it nude. Anasuyaa with much hesitation agreed to that. In turn she used her

pativrita shakti to convert the Brahmins into babies and offered them food without any dress. Trinity could revert to

their original form only after she did herself on the request of Goddesses. Trinity blessed them with three sons:

Dattatreya

Dear RR ji,

To God what is a human body?
Nothing isn't it?
Just a conglomerate of Flesh and Bones.

You see Anasuya did not know who the 3 guest were at the begining so why strip in front of some unknown Tom,Dick and Harry but if she knew from the beginning who they were I am sure she would not have really minded being in the nude cos a true devotee is not supposed to have body consciousness and they would view their body just as a garment.

Ok a simple example is ..we do not feel shy to be nude in front of a doctor for examination.
Like wise we should not be shy in front of God.

Last edited:

Dattatreya

I have different view about these stories.. These things are there in Puranas, Vedas etc[ Honestly I don't know]..just to attract people to take interest in the AAnmigam way of life since in those days the education level of people were very low.. More over all only very few can read & write and they might have chosen to spread the messeges only by way of discourses, cultural programmes, temple festivals etc..These stories at best can be taken as bed-time stories for children..

TVK

............ Like wise we should not be shy in front of God.
Dear Renu,

I think our friend Raghy Sir believes in 'KaNavanE kaN kaNda deivam'!

Remembering the way he wanted the 'prasadham' to be served!! :lol:

PS: Hope Raghy Sir reads this! :ranger:

Dear TVK Sir,

I will never choose 'this' story, even as day time story to any children!!
:nono:

Dear RR ji,

You know only if we view God through the lenses of duality then the story seems inappropriate.

We are still thinking of shyness of body.

My husband prays 1st thing in the morning right after his bath in his towel.
One day when he was praying he never realized that his towel had fallen down.

I stood there and saw him pray and I admired his devotion and focus on God.
Only after his prayer he realized that he was not clothed during the prayer.

He did not feel shy at all even after he realized that his towel had fallen off.He picked it up and wore it and came out of the prayer room and I told him "God will be really happy with that prayer..you were so focused and had no body consciousness at all"

The object of neivedhyam is to offer the God, whether it be cooked food or non-cooked
item like fruits, particularly to thank HIM for the hospitality, respect and love one has towards
HIM.

Once we finish the puja worship, one shows Deepam, Doopam etc and place the Neivedhyam
in his presence. Normally the Neivedhyam is not kept open and it is opened only when one
offers the Neivedhyam by chanting relevant Mantras. Generally, any Neivedhyam that is offered
to God is distributed to all (even in Temples) and it is treated as God's Blessing. Further, once
the Neivedhyam is offered to the God, after the performing the Puja duly invoking the God,
there normally a Bhavana or feeling appears in the mind of a person who does the Puja, to
the extent that the God has blessed the Neivedhyam. It is not at all treated as a symbolic
tradition. Every year in our house, i.e. in my son-in-law's house during the Hanumath Jayanthi
period, a puja is performed in honour of Shri Anjanyeya and the Puja is conducted by the
renowned person Shri Ramani Mama, who has constructed many Anjaneya Temples. We
have noticed the finger prints of Shri Anjaneya, after the Neivedhyam is offered to Lord Anjaneya.
It is not a miracle, we have witnessed that.

Brahmarpanam brahma havir brahmaagnou brahmanaayutham
Brahmaiva taena gantavyam brahma karma samaadhina

The ladle is God , the oblation is God, it is offered by God in the fire, which is God.
God shall be attained by him who is absorbed in God as the act of such sacrifice.

Aham vais(h)vaanaro bhoothvaa praaninaam daehamaas(h)rithah
Praanaapaana samaayukthah pachaamyannam chathurvidham

Becoming the fire of life in the bodies of living creatures and united with Prana
(ingoing) and Apana (outgoing) breaths, I digest the four kinds of food. The four
kinds of food are

a)– that which is chewed by teeth – rice, vegetables etc
b)– that which is swallowed – milk etc
c) – that which is sucked – mango, sugar cane. The immovable beings such as trees etc receive food this way.
d) That which is licked – honey etc.

Om bhoorbhuvassuvah amrutho(u)pasvaranamas
Pranaya svaha apanaya svaha vyanaya svaha
Udanaya svaha samanaya svaha brahmane svaha

The three worlds are pervaded by the Lord, the creator.
I offer this to prana (respiratory system) I offer this to apana (excretory system)
I offer this to vyana (circulatory system)
I offer this to udana (reversal system)
I offer this to samana (digestive system)

So, we offer food to the God, the life force who is within us as the five physiological functions
.Chanting the above, we offer food at the presence of the God. Since we offer food to god,
we know it is pure and best.

To conclude, anything offered to the God with affection and love becomes naivedyam

.Pathram pushpam phalam thoyam yo mae bhakthyaa prayachchathi
Thadaham bhakthyupahruthamas(h)naami prayathaathmanah

Balasubramanian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back