• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is God nonvegetarian"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically, hospital, cremation ground and the place to do antima karyams with a conveyor.

In Terre Haute, Indiana there is a cemetery right across the Union Hospital in downtown. We used to joke we should avoid that hospital. Some wag suggested from the morgue of that hospital there is an underground tunnel to the cemetery!

I used to work at a hospital before in a rural place where a chinese cemetery was just across the fence of the morgue.

We used to conduct post mortems facing the cemetry.It was just right across the fence!!LOL

I have seen even police personnel scared to come to this morgue.
We doctors were never scared cos life and death goes on.
What is there to be so afraid?

Last edited:
we are humans, belonging to animal kingdom, family of organisms, genus with life, dutily consume from 5 bhoothas to multiply, with the divine energy present within & without, transforming over & again, god bless u

we are humans, belonging to animal kingdom, family of organisms, genus with life, dutily consume from 5 bhoothas to multiply, with the divine energy present within & without, transforming over & again, god bless u

You left out the species. The species has acquired lots of characteristics, some of them desirable but many others not so desirable.:tsk:

Mahakavi ji,
My definition is God is everything. So there is nothing without God.
So your question is moot.
Unless you have a different definition of God.

When millions of poor people go without a meal today, to assume that God
eats is something unimaginable. God is ever kind and merciful and He
takes care of us . He will not allow you to live on empty stomach while He
eats veg/non-veg, full course.

I am sorry I am not able to find an answer to this question since I have
not seen Him eat. Many puranas describe Chandi as sucking the blood of
raakshasas. In Mahabhrata, there is a prayer to Mother Durga where she
is described as someone fond of fresh flesh - Kaali, Kaali, Mahakaali, cheethu
mamsa priyE. ( something like this, I forgot the sloka ).

tx, vazgha valamudan, ha, ha, ha, 5 & 6 senses description of god, tx, I am reiterating again that I have seen god, tx,

I don't remember to have appeared in your dream. You must be confused.
(Sd) God.
By the way I am on an extended vacation until the end of kaliyugam.:heh:

...... Many puranas describe Chandi as sucking the blood of
raakshasas. In Mahabhrata, there is a prayer to Mother Durga where she
is described as someone fond of fresh flesh - Kaali, Kaali, Mahakaali, cheethu
mamsa priyE. ( something like this, I forgot the sloka ).

There you found the answer!!!!!!!

The very existence of GOD, in any form is itself a debatable point, leave alone his being vegetarian or non vegetarian or partakes the neivedyams we offer either in temples or house. We brahmins, being officially vegetarians, consider God also to be like us. Does any Veda say God is a brahmin, and is exclusively for brahmins. As such the debate on God being Veg. or non Veg. is superfluous. God is accepted as a belief in different forms, let us leave it at that,

The very existence of GOD, in any form is itself a debatable point, leave alone his being vegetarian or non vegetarian or partakes the neivedyams we offer either in temples or house. We brahmins, being officially vegetarians, consider God also to be like us. Does any Veda say God is a brahmin, and is exclusively for brahmins. As such the debate on God being Veg. or non Veg. is superfluous. God is accepted as a belief in different forms, let us leave it at that,

Your view is just skirting the question. The title question is rhetoric. The article poses the question because the varied accounts be they in the Bible, or ancient Hindu texts prescribing animal sacrifice, or the nAyanmArs history indulging in human sacrifice, thrust this practice on us as a means to have faith in God, as though God has told everybody to practice these habits. Even now the muslims sacrifice a goat on Bakrid, carried over from ancient times of Abraham.

My contention is that certain human beings indulged in such practice (in ancient India there were some clans who offered humans as sacrifice to their ferocious gods) claiming higher motives. They were misguided and the followers blindly followed the diktats of the so-called priests who expounded them. God is not non-vegetarian nor does he take the food that anyone offers. It is all done in some blind faith that humans offer luxurious foods to the gods. As I said before, if all the food they offer vanished instantaneously the moment it is offered, there won't be another offering. That is the point.

My contention is that certain human beings indulged in such practice (in ancient India there were some clans who offered humans as sacrifice to their ferocious gods) claiming higher motives. They were misguided and the followers blindly followed the diktats of the so-called priests who expounded them. God is not non-vegetarian nor does he take the food that anyone offers. It is all done in some blind faith that humans offer luxurious foods to the gods. As I said before, if all the food they offer vanished instantaneously the moment it is offered, there won't be another offering. That is the point.

The brighter side of this, Buddhism born and the world got Lord Buddha.

Hello!

God is vegetarian, sometimes non-vegetarian and some other times God goes hungry too. There can be starving God, God with reflux issues too. God may suffer indigestion. In short, God may have all sorts of usual things as every person goes through.

If one believes God, then God is in every person. so, the God in person witnesses all sorts of food items.

Thanks.

Hello!

God is vegetarian, sometimes non-vegetarian and some other times God goes hungry too. There can be starving God, God with reflux issues too. God may suffer indigestion. In short, God may have all sorts of usual things as every person goes through.

If one believes God, then God is in every person. so, the God in person witnesses all sorts of food items.

Thanks.

That is profound.

Hello!

Thanks.

What will happen if God started ACTUALLY taking whatever Veg/Non Veg..offered as Neivedyam... ?

TVK

What will happen if God started ACTUALLY taking whatever Veg/Non Veg..offered as Neivedyam... ?

TVK

God accepts only the true conscious Bakthi of the Soul. Nothing else!!!!

God at any cost would not ACTUALLY consume any Veg./Non Veg. stuffs as Neivedyam. Because, if GOD does so, God will have the moral obligation to give something in return to his Baktha, whatever he/she wants, no matter if he/she deserves. LOL!!!

A so called Baktha may end up saying - OH GOD!!!! I offered you sumptuous meal!!! You enjoyed it BUT didn't bother to fulfill my wish!! You are such a cheat and utterly lacking moral goodness. You seem to be worst than corrupted Politicians/Government officials on this Earth...LOL!!!

God accepts only the true conscious Bakthi of the Soul. Nothing else!!!!

God at any cost would not ACTUALLY consume any Veg./Non Veg. stuffs as Neivedyam. Because, if GOD does so, God will have the moral obligation to give something in return to his Baktha, whatever he/she wants, no matter if he/she deserves. LOL!!!

A so called Baktha may end up saying - OH GOD!!!! I offered you sumptuous meal!!! You enjoyed it BUT didn't bother to fulfill my wish!! You are such a cheat and utterly lacking moral goodness. You seem to be worst than corrupted Politicians/Government officials on this Earth...LOL!!!

Ravi Sir,

But God gives. That meal eaten by the bakhtha is provided by God. The neivedhyam prepared by the bakhtha is possible only because God provided. So, why would someone go hungry? Why didn't God provide? Actually that is the mystery we should figure out. It is not the dirt poor who goes starving without food but very rich too. I was talking to my CEO only yesterday about geting an appointment for a meeting around lunch time. He was saying " Can you please give me a clear 30 minutes for lunch? So many days I have gone without". You see, he makes about $250,000 per annum before tax. All the faithful persons believe God has provided first before the Bakhtha even thought about praying for them. But God is rsponsible if bakhtha is greedy.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back