• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone
i am happy to be in this group. my appreciations to the contributors. ..... as i can view photos of latest temple events at different parts and also slokas collections
i will also upload slokas after seeing wt is not yet added here ...... if that would serve others' purpose
my good wishes to one and all
my special praises to the first person
shri praveen for his vision, efforts, great idea and maintenance of this web group

Rgds
Rathi

I am Ramnath R. Aged 54 years. I am a brahmin. Serving in State Govt. I am happy to be part of this forum. I hope to use this site to browse information relating to temples, Hindu culture and customs.

Namasthe to everyone and Namaskaram to my elders.
I grew up in Kerala, now settled in USA. Mother's family was from Tirunelveli area.
This forum has provided me with education, humor and nostalgia.

என்னுடைய பெயர் ராமசந்திரன் கிரிஜா. நான் இந்த வலைப்பூ பற்றி முகநூலில் கேள்விப்பட்டேன். இயல்பாகவே, ஆன்மீகத்தில் ஈடுபாடு உள்ளதால் இணைந்தேன். நிறைய சிவனை பற்றியும், அனைத்து கடவுளர் பற்றியும், கோயில்கள் பற்றியும் அறிய விருப்பம்.
விஷயங்கள் தேடுகிறேன்.ஒவ்வொரு துளியிலும் இறைமை காணும் விருப்பம் எனக்கு. கர்னாடிக் சங்கீதம் முறையாக பயின்று இருக்கிறேன். பரதம் முறையாக கற்று இருக்கிறேன். கவிதை,கதைகள், கட்டுரைகள் எழுதுகிறேன் . ஒரு பள்ளியில் தலைமை ஆசிரியராக (ஆங்கிலம் பயிற்றுவிக்கும் ஆசிரியராக) பணி புரிகிறேன்.

நிறைய நல்ல எண்ணம் கொண்டவர்களின் தொடர்பு கிடைக்க அர்த்த நாரீஸ்வரரைப் பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன். நிறைய நல்ல விஷயங்கள் என் ஐம்புலன்களில் விழ, அந்த எல்லாம் வல்ல சிவன் மனம் வைக்க வேண்டும்.

Mrs. Girija Ji welcome to this forum. It is quite interesting to read about your background. Even though you are teaching english your tamil language is really appreciable. Please contribute your share as much as possible so that people can take cream out of it. Can you please give me your email details so that I can enrol you in other religious group where you can enjoy reading about temples.

I am Dr.Mahadevan,called by the nickname Kayemm(KM).I am a dermatologist working at PSGIMS at Coimbatore.I am known by the name Undial Doctor.(SEE the Face book)I am from a place called Darisanamcope in Kanyakumari district.

namskaram to all
i am k.shekar hail from nagarai near trichy
now settled in dombivili thana maharashtra
proud to be a member of the community
memeber in murugan kovil here

Namaskaram. Iam srinivasan, 51 years of age from Bangalore. Poorvigam MAYAVARAM. I was watching a vedio of sringeri acharyal anugraha bashyam at Sundarapandiapuram. Achryal was praising both the place and the devotees at sundarapandiapuram. This intested me and started brousing for sundarapandiapuram. Accidentally i came across this site. The very name Tamil bramins interested me and immediately i became a menber. What a wonderfull way of meeting all tamil brahmis at one place. I have joined here to learn from various menbers. Iam not sure how far i may be able to contribute. I will try my level best .

I am Ramakrishnan Son of Late shri Anantharanayana Sastrigal and Grandson of Ramakrishnan Vadhiyar
Born in Kerala I am in Delhi for the last 30 years Doing all sort of Poojas and Homam etc along with very very serior Gurus
I can speak English Hindi Malayalam Tamil Punjabi/Russian
I am Management consultant in various fields Marketing and Finance and operational knowldge in computer
I am part of social activities like Guruvayoor Temple and other temples

Hi. I am Shankari Balasubramanian.did my schooling from D.T.E.A Secondary School in NewDelhi.completed my +2 from a high school in Maryland. Did some courses of computer programming in my under grad level when there were no computer courses then in India.Got married and stayed in Punjab for 16 years and then shifted to Chennai in 1999. My husband has retired as Divisional Engineerfrom Chennai Telephones. I have a son who is working near Los Angeles,California.He is 32 years old and yet to be married. We are looking for a girl who is fluent in Hindi and working in USA.

Welcome Madam to this site! You can post your requirement under"Brides Wanted" section of this site

Welcome Madam to this site! You can post your requirement under"Brides Wanted" section of this site
.. Shankari Ji ... I am VK Swamy from Hyderabad. I have a girl passed out M.Com and appeared CA Inter presently working for Accenture, Chennai as Sr. Associate (Accounts & Tesaction). We belong to Bharadwaja Gothram .. Sub Sect Brahacharanam ... Star : Visakham. She is conversant with English and Tamil. If you are preferring please contact me on my mobile : No. 9959939991. Awaiting your response.

If you want to have marriage Porutham in detail you may send mail to janaki.srinivasan11@gmail?com All aspects will be covered Also on ph 044/24806871
Mrs Janaki

Introduction - Gurumurthy Sharma

Namaskaram!

I am Gurumurthy Sharma (called Anand in school / office). I reside in Bangalore and work as Software Engineer.

I was like few other Tamil Brahmins of my generation till a few years back. For 32 years of my life, I was drifting away from our traditional roots, a bit guilty due to Dravidian propaganda, subtly ostracized by others and feeling slightly inferior.

In 2011, we had a Rudra paarayanam for my first daughter's Ayush Homam. That started my quest for learning Namakam/Chamakam. With divine blessings, I found a guru who belonged to same age group within 2 days of seeking. Due to Maha Periyavaa's blessings and guidance from my guru (Shri Harish), we proceeded quite slowly but steadily. After 5 years, we completed Namakam / Chamakam last year. Looking forward to this Maha Shivarathri.

With this background, going back to the introduction.

Who am I? I am Gurumurthy Sharma, Smaartha, lineage of Kutsa gothram, Adhyaayi of Thaithreeya Shakha of Krishna Yajur Vedam.

What do I know? Infinitesimal. The more I learn, more I see how much I don't know.

What do I seek? Spiritual evolution in this janma. Whatever is possible.

What do I like? Veda adhyayanam, Shravanam, Constant learning.

Why did I join this group? Sat Sangam. Would like to be inspired by elders and like minded group.

Namaskaram!

hi all!
m Meghana from Karnataka!! m glad to have joined a community when the community in real world's becoming a minority. hope to get updated with exiting proknowledge posts!

My name is KV krishnan, aged 67, settled in Chennai with my wife. Have one son and a daughter both settled in the USA. A Tamil Brahmin and interested and doing anushtanams regularly. keen to know more about Sanatana Dharma.
Thanks and Regards
Krishnan

Hello dear members,
I'm Lokesh from Bangalore and I am very happy that I stumbled across this forum
I hope to gain knowledge and to participate in some interesting discussion about our Sanatana Dharma.
If you want to know something about me, feel free to ask.

our names are Balasubramanyam nagarajan and sethulakshmi hariharan
we live mostly in Mumbai and now we are with our children either at wisconsin or at california (daughter and son) respectively for some time of the year we are realy very happy to be in tamil brahmin website. we belong to tamil brahmin at Salem Tamilnadu.
we are now aged 77 and 71 respectively and glad to know all about our ancient culture through our site.
thank you very much.
yours
B nagarajan and H sethulakshmi

Latest ads

Back