• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

Namaskaram to all group members!! I m Rajagopalan Devanathan, New bee to this group! I am from Tanjore District and relocated to Chennai since 1987. I am professionally qualified and experienced in power Electronics. Doing Real Estate business in Chennai. I am interested in all religious activities, Happy to join in "Tamilbrahmins". I appreciate the efforts behind creating this forum and keeping it vibrant. I thank all those responsible for this.
Rajagopalan D
98414 22298

Hi,
I am Ramachandran residing in UAE( dubai). I have been a member for some time and have benefitted from my membership and have downloaded slokas and pooja mantrams, etc.

Dear Members

This is Shankar and family registering our first post on the auspicious day of Vinayaka Chathurti.
Meenakshi - my wife and Adarsh - my son are my wonderful family.

We are living in Singapore for the past 10yrs
Meena works as Sr Scientist in Medical Equipment Company
Adarsh is doing his Secondary 3 or 9th Standard
I work in a Software Company.

Please email me for any help that our members need in Singapore

Regards
Adarsh / Meena / Shankar

I am A. Srinivasan ( rishikasan ) for this Forum.
Please provide your E- mail address to enable contact
A few relatives are also in Singapore.
Sincerely,
A.Srinivasan

Hello

I am Ganesh and joined the forum . My wife Kalpa and I live in Gurgaon with our two children. I work for a Oil company .My wife Kalpa is a school teacher in Gurgaon .Thanks

Yes. My real name is shreeramachandran. I retired as senior officer of Indian telecom in 1996 after serving for 36 years.My service was mostly in tamilnadu only. I am 79 years young.I have three daughters well settled in life. I devote one our for the prayers, reading adiththyan hrudayam, sudasana ashtakam, ganathi hrudayam,saneeswara stotram, anjayneya stotram, lalitha thri sathi ending in karpoora harathi. My wife, Ramalakshmi, retired as PG teacher for science. I have good collection of thamizh literature as below.
1. yajur vedam in thamizh explanation published about 70 years ago.
2.Manimekalai
3.jeevaka chinthamani
4.pura nanooru.
5.aatrupadai.
6.Kurinjipaatu
7.kalingaththuparani.
8.nedunalvadai
9.paripadal
10.paththupaattu
11 pattinapaalai.

These are not available in print now. A person well versed in thamzh will really enjoy the works by our ancestors. Really, Nakkeeran was a brahmin poet of madurai born in Bharadwaja gothram. We chant our sandyavandanam little knowing what it means. You read Yajur vedam to know the depth of it. All these are in PDF format. AS such, it is easy for sending by email attachment. My e mail ID is [email protected]. I am happy to send these to those willing to make use of. One life time is not enough to digest the above thamizh literture. I am happy to converse by mails with our fraternity.

hello
My name is Ambika from Chennai i am married. i want to ask one doubt regarding pithru poojai/srartham.
i am the only child for my parents, my father passed away 4 years back i wanted to do srartham to my father can i perform?
being the only girl child can i perform srartham ? if i get my monthly periods on srartham day when can i perform?

As I know, ladies cannot perform sraththam. they must do it only through a male member, may be any unconnected relative. When women are supposed to be not at home, how can they do sraththam? There appears to be some medical procedure to post pone the period. why not adopt it.

shree

Latest ads

Back