• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

intercaste marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri.Sankara Sharma said:-

...What keeps most of the members here is the common Brahmin inheritance. Not Tamil. Again this site is for Tamil Brahmin community. Most of the members identify themselves with the Brahmin tag more than the Tamil....
Sri. Sankara Sharma, Greetings. With due respect to your opinions, I wish to differ from the quoted opinion. Honestly, when I came across this site, I came in out of curiosity only. After reading few posts, I almost concluded that this is one more Brahmin forum; then I read Sri.Nachinarkiniyan, Sri.Nara, Sri.Kunjuppu, Sow.Happy Hindu...I knew Sow.Renuka was not a caste brahmin (Where are you? we miss you). Then I joined. My point is, neither Brahmin tag nor Tamizh interested me about this forum. There are some members who do not identify themselves as caste Brahmins. However, The fact that there are a few social service activities take place from this forum; few scholarly discussions take place at any given time....In my opinion, these are the main reasons to keep this forum going strongly.

Sri.Suryakasyapa said:-

The christians in Kerala speak Malayalam, Christians in Karnataka speak Kannada, in Tamil Nadu they speak Tamil. But everywhere they follow the same christian customs,with some adaptations from local culture and habits. Similarly , Muslims also. That means , it is not the language which is a broader binding force, but some deep rooted customs and traditions.
Sri.Suryakasyapa, greetings. I beg to differ from your opinion, please. The customs and traditions amoung Christians from Tamil Nadu, Kerala are very different. Same deal with Muslims too. Actually, in my opinion, caste brahmins, excluding Namboodhiris may have similar customs and traditions between Tamil Nadu and Kerala (Don't know much about Andhra and Karnataka).

Cheers!

Sri.RVR said:-

Sri Raghy,

Let us form a trust to help poor brahmins in the field of education and medical fields.

Just like swayamvaram functions, let us do counselling for our youngsters in education/career development fields. We can help them in improving their career with proper advice and probably with marginal support of our fellow members
Sri.RVR,

Greetings. Sorry, I seemed to have missed your post. I welcome the idea of forming a trust to help youngsters. Some of the learned members inthe forum may offer counselling to the younsters in the area of career development and education planning. I request the respectable members to offer more inputs on this proposal, please. Thank you. (as you all know me well, I will request to support any youngster irrespective of caste. But, any social service is good).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sri.Suryakasyapa, greetings. I beg to differ from your opinion, please. The customs and traditions amoung Christians from Tamil Nadu, Kerala are very different. Same deal with Muslims too. Actually, in my opinion, caste brahmins, excluding Namboodhiris may have similar customs and traditions between Tamil Nadu and Kerala (Don't know much about Andhra and Karnataka).

Cheers!

Dear Shri Raghy, greetings. The major difference is that while "Muslim" and "Christian" are religions and it is under that label that Muslims and Christians unite, even at All-India level to achieve what they want, Tamil Brahmins is a sub-sub-group of the religion Hindu. There lies the problem.

It is true to some extent that the customs of Christians differ; there are so many denominations within the Kerala Christians themselves and some are at daggers drawn, mostly for control of a church and its assets. Muslims also have two major categories. As regards tradition, their historical tradition may vary but the religious tradition will not be all that different.

When our mambers say that "only brahmins will be allowed to participate in svayamvaram" etc., it clearly shows that we, the Tamil Brahmin.com forum and all that is said here subserves a small sect, if I may say so, and there stops our strength to unite and do anything in a democratic set-up which knows only "majority" or "vote bank".

When you are proud of crossing one line why should be shy about who is watching your acts.The dharmasastras say a brahmin marrying alow caste girl is a pathithan,meaning a fall out.So when you disregarded the advise and wanted to marry sudra girl then why should you ask for a clarification.As per dharma sastras you are a pathithan then it is up to you to do any thing you like and there is no sastra barrier to you.wrongan.

The only caste in India which has the same name from Kashmir to Kanyakumari are the Brahmins. The other forward castes like the Vaishyas have different names for their caste.

Tamil Brahmins are a small sect of the much bigger Brahmin caste. There have been many calls for the Brahmins all over India to unite.

One such effort is Akhil Bharatiya Brahmin Mahasabha.

All India Brahman Mahasabha

Dear Sirs,

Namaskaram

I belong to the Marichi Gotra (The Rishi who fathered Kashyapa). I belong to a community which is certainly linked to Brahmins and called as Seer Karuneegar. We are pure vegetarians by diet and practise the same traditions (such as upanayanam, sandhi and weddings as Iyers). I love a Telugu Brahmin girl who belongs to Kowshika Gotra. I was wondering if this could be a problem. Internet pages show Seer Karuneegar to be a part of Surya Brahmin and some describe as a part of both Brahmin and Kshatriya varnas together.

Can I call myself a Brahmin?

Please help. Thank you !

Last edited:
dear anantha,

why do you worry about karuneegar or brahmin?

you love this girl. does she love you back? are you both a good pair in terms of mutual regard, affection, willingness to adjust and build a life together of upsanddowns?

keeep your parameters simple, i say.

if you both agree to above, there is no need, in my opinion, to consult the astrologers or the vedists. just consult your parents as to how to move on and formalize your relationship.

best wishes guy.

Dear Sirs,

Namaskaram

I belong to the Marichi Gotra (The Rishi who fathered Kashyapa). I belong to a community which is certainly linked to Brahmins and called as Seer Karuneegar. We are pure vegetarians by diet and practise the same traditions (such as upanayanam, sandhi and weddings as Iyers). I love a Telugu Brahmin girl who belongs to Kowshika Gotra. I was wondering if this could be a problem. Internet pages show Seer Karuneegar to be a part of Surya Brahmin and some describe as a part of both Brahmin and Kshatriya varnas together.

Please help. Thank you !
If you have upanayanam and sandhya you are eligible to be considered as a dvija. Hence in today's circumstances there should be no objection to your marrying a Brahmin girl. Even otherwise if both of you really love each other you should go ahead and try to get the consent of elders from both the sides if possible.

Sanakara Sharma sir,

Present Tamilnadu Chief Secretary Sri K S Sripathi is a brahmin.

Now Dravidian politicians don't believe other communities and are searching for Brahmins for key posts. However Brahmins in Government service is a very rare phenomena nowadays.

It is very difficult to separate Brahmins from Tamil Language. There are several brahmins among Azhwars and Nayanmars. Saint Arunagirinathar was a brahmin. Abhirami Battar was a brahmin. Subramanya Bharathi, U Ve Swaminatha Iyer, Ki Vaa Jagannathan are all brahmins. Ramana Maharishi composed Arunachala Manimaalai in Tamil only. Even today Director of Saiva Sidhantha research centre at Dharmapuram Aadheenam Sri T N Ramachandran is a brahmin.

Let the dogs bark. Barking dogs will not bite.

All the best
rvr sir
you are right, but those all noble brahmins of tamil nadu belongs to entire country and as well to tamil nadu. people of tamil nadu will calim as their own and of course common to all irrespective of caste or religion.

but we tamil brahmins as a whole or brahmins association there in can claim them, as our own people in any public functions or forums. are we taking those noble brahmins goodness to boost our community ?.

one to one any community in tamil nadu is friendly . but when they become collectively it may not happen.

all most all peoples of india in tn. if they well talk in tamil all those north or east west people become tamils. and they will be well respected. ( you may see in tamil film industry).

we have to move and mingle gently with other communities in the area. and also others are expecting that we have to live like a real brahmin. very pious and doing nitya karama of brahmin.( they expect it may be to their convenience)even other nationals are also expecting from us some brahmincal values.(one pak enggr telling me beeing a pandit, you should not shout on any body, i told him, pandit shouts also words will come out)

Dear Sirs,

Namaskaram

Please help. Thank you !
as you are a brahmin and practiceing as a brahmin ( many brahmins do not, i mean limited brahmincal way) she is also a brahmin. gotra is not same.both liking each other. then go ahead.

Dear Shri Raghy, greetings. The major difference is that while "Muslim" and "Christian" are religions and it is under that label that Muslims and Christians unite, even at All-India level to achieve what they want, Tamil Brahmins is a sub-sub-group of the religion Hindu. There lies the problem.
we have to shoulder with others in the same boat for a political solutions such as common to all so called savarnas face in the present democracy.
It is true to some extent that the customs of Christians differ; there are so many denominations within the Kerala Christians themselves and some are at daggers drawn, mostly for control of a church and its assets. Muslims also have two major categories. As regards tradition, their historical tradition may vary but the religious tradition will not be all that different.
this may be becouse the segments of people are convert from different regions. they occupy vast money resrves and even they have estates(you might have watched present adivasi kutil(huts)kettal samaram)
When our mambers say that "only brahmins will be allowed to participate in svayamvaram" etc., it clearly shows that we, the Tamil Brahmin.com forum and all that is said here subserves a small sect, if I may say so, and there stops our strength to unite and do anything in a democratic set-up which knows only "majority" or "vote bank".
sangom ji
we too have to start converting others into tb
minimum compliance: depend upon individual families who can decide.
in fact many tb stying or settled through out india and abroad. they will merge with custom and practice of the land and slowly with people there on. will get marry them and we are accepting them as brahmins too. when boy or girl comes to our family.
and at the same time not having concern about there level of practicing brahminism.(at least a veg, tb festivels,if possible to talk tamil (even if a parvoor tamil as said by one our member)

Please look at this table below. NO, the child born from Inter-caste marriage is NOT a Brahmin. So, no rituals that are allowed for Brahmins.

Please dont allow ego gratification to take the place of sanctity and purity in creation of God. Rose is Rose, Jasmine is Jasmine, Apple is Apple, Grapes are Grapes. Every where there is a different genetic framework made by God.

Anuloma means in the natural order (union between a elevated caste man and a subordinate class woman) and pratiloma is its reverse... varna sankara was forbidden in the early times...

Father + Mother Progeny = known as (Anuloma or Pratiloma type)
Brahman + Kshatriya = ?
Brahman + Vaishya = Ambashta (Anuloma)
Brahman + Shudra = Nishad (Parasava) (Anuloma)
Kshatriya + Brahman = Suta (Pratiloma)
Kshatriya + Vaishya = ?
Kshatriya + Shudra = Ugra (Anuloma)
Vaishya + Brahman = Vaidehaka (Pratiloma)
Vaishyav Kshatriya = Magadha (Pratiloma)
Vaishya + Shudra = Karana (Anuloma)
Shudrav Brahman = Chandala (Pratiloma)
Shudra + Kshatriya = Ksattri (Pratiloma)
Shudra + Vaishya = Ayogava (Pratiloma)

PROGENY OF ARYAN CASTES WITH ANULOMA-PRATILOMA CASTES

Father + Mother = Progeny Known As
1. Brahman + Ugra = Avrita
2. Brahman + Ambashta = Dhigvana
3. Brahman + Nishada = Kukutaka
4. Shudra + Abhira = Abhira

PROGENY OF MIXED MARRIAGES BETWEEN ANULOMA AND PRATILOMA CASTES
Father + Mother = Progeny known as
1. Vaideha + Ayogava = Maitreyaka
2. Nishada + Ayogava = Margava (Das)/Kaivarta
3. Nishada + Vaideha = Karavara
4. Vaidehaka + Ambashta = Vena
5. Vaidehakav Karavara = Andhra
6. Vaidehaka + Nishada = Meda
7. Chandala + Vaideha = Pandusopaka
8. Nishada + Vaideha = Ahindaka
9. Chandala + Pukkassa = Sopaka
10. Chandala + Nishada = Antyavasin
11. Kshattari + Ugra = Swapaka

It is quite a long time when it was recognised that that the children are of the same caste as that of father. That table is no longer followed, not in N. India.

1. many of us are fiercly intended for end of Brahmin caste.
2. they are so lost in cobweb of intellectualism that they summerily reject commen sense.
3.n even dogs are choosen for jobs of security forces by varigying caste, bloodline, ancestry. They dont choose mongrel just they are healty and goodlooking.
4. It is motive of every living being to propagate own progeny. Brahmins are doing right against that giving our girls for breeding to others.
5. five nobel lauriates and 2 of them first in asia are Brahmin is it not sufficiant why we should marry to our own caste person.(all of them were pure brahmin breed.i.e. both mother and father are brahmin.)
6. when nb communities are killing their daughters by mean of female foeticides madly. Marrying a person of such community, giving our girls to them is a sin. helping them in their ghastly act.
7. when our opportunities of education and employment are snatched from us by means of reservation. Is it not an act of treson to marry and produce next generation of tyrants.
8. when all marriage websites are full of profiles of brahmin boys. extremy highly qualified. good background. guarantee of physical safety. marrying a person of other caste isnt it madness.
9. when nearabout all are less or more anti brahmin then why one should marry to such communities. I khow examples where such girls becoming an wepon in distruction of more brahmin girls and families.

It is us to decide,
If this generarion ends caste next will certainly end religion and then next will end barriers of relation. so incest is final chapter of this caste barrier breaking bussiness. liberal logic has no answer.

1. many of us are fiercly intended for end of Brahmin caste.

hoover, let us confine to TBs here. regardless of what you and i might think, have you noticed that the younger generation is simply walking away from the rigid casteism brahminism of yore. for someone like you it might sound disaster, but i think it is good for the community. we will get fresh blood and a chance to atleast increase our numbers through conversion.

2. they are so lost in cobweb of intellectualism that they summerily reject commen sense.
hoover, you are the 'intellectual' here trying to despair. the rest of many here are pretty happy simpletons, i think. our aim is simple - do great service to hinduism, by ending the one blight, which could be called a crime against humanity - ie concept of casteism.

3.n even dogs are choosen for jobs of security forces by varigying caste, bloodline, ancestry. They dont choose mongrel just they are healty and goodlooking.
not true hoover. at the height of their heat, the dog does not care which bitch is available. do you think a pom dog would only seek a pom bitch? if you think animals know better, then why should a brahmin male seek only a brahmin female?

4. It is motive of every living being to propagate own progeny. Brahmins are doing right against that giving our girls for breeding to others.
definitely yes own progeny. man/woman give birth to man/woman. we do not want to give birth to dog, cat or fish. no sir.

5. five nobel lauriates and 2 of them first in asia are Brahmin is it not sufficiant why we should marry to our own caste person.(all of them were pure brahmin breed.i.e. both mother and father are brahmin.)
400 noble lauerates are jews, 300 are scots. if your arguement is to be followed, we should all seek jewish or scottish spouses. i like that in your arguement. maybe we can expand the scope of the tamil matrimony to include jews, scots and englishmen? then we shall produce more pure nobel laureates?

6. when nb communities are killing their daughters by mean of female foeticides madly. Marrying a person of such community, giving our girls to them is a sin. helping them in their ghastly act.
i think it is good to 'give' our daughters as you call it, though i think the daughters themselves 'give' themselves away. have you read the racial theories of hitler. not very dissimlar to what i think you are propagating.

7. when our opportunities of education and employment are snatched from us by means of reservation. Is it not an act of treson to marry and produce next generation of tyrants.
reservation is good for the general uplift of india. if there is no reservation, tomorrow there will blood in the streets of folks wanting upward mobility and a piece of the cake.. the blood spilled will be brahmin blood. reservation is justice, due and righteously so.

8. when all marriage websites are full of profiles of brahmin boys. extremy highly qualified. good background. guarantee of physical safety. marrying a person of other caste isnt it madness.
marriage sites lie as the ads are put up by the boys' parents or the boys themselves. in reality these may be the dregs, the choplangis and the bottom feeders. why do smart girls have to go after second rate brahmin choplangis when there are first rate NB studs lining up for their hand?

9. when nearabout all are less or more anti brahmin then why one should marry to such communities. I khow examples where such girls becoming an wepon in distruction of more brahmin girls and families.
to intermarry is the quickest way to dissipate differences are animosities between communities. when grandchildren are born, the grandparents do not care (often enough i guess) about the caste of the parents. you are right, the girls who marry to NBs are becoming weapons of destruction of orthodox narrow minded brahminism. which is good for the community and for the country and for hinduism. Jai Hind.

Last edited:
to intermarry is the quickest way to dissipate differences are animosities between communities. when grandchildren are born, the grandparents do not care (often enough i guess) about the caste of the parents. you are right, the girls who marry to NBs are becoming weapons of destruction of orthodox narrow minded brahminism. which is good for the community and for the country and for hinduism. Jai Hind.[/QUOTE]

When I joined this foram I thought all members are brahmins and have faith in brhminical values .By seeing the latest arguement I conclude that there are sizeable number of persons among the foram members that they really feel sorry for being members of brahmin community.The sole aim of this foram itself is differnt in my sole opinion.As a senior man having good faith in our sastras and costoms I request the learned members to suggest ways which will improve the quality of life of brahmins. and please avoid cricising our costoms which were best suited at the time of brought in to practice. The great dis advantage is that they were not updated to changing lifestyle.Which we are now doing .One should be proud of being a BRAHMIN. "Sastraya cha sukaya cha" Sastras are for the well being only.

Last edited:
1. afghans which are fighting us and nato much effectively follow strich marrage code of their tribe esp among pakhtun.
2. indian army which is an taugh, brave and successful army is also organised on basis of caste.
3. Jaats is the most healthy ethenic group in the world ( ref:bbc documentary based on reserch.) they also follow strict jati and gotra code.
4.women do not give birth to children but when horse and donky cross breed it never gives birth to horse. it gives birth to mule. female is always a horse in this process. and even for it they choose particular breed (caste) of horse and mule.
5. we would have won more nobel prices if we choos only way of materialistic view towards life. our hindu culture doesnt permit that and it is good than just winning nobel prices.
6. hitler was a monster but he changed world and taught humanity towards other humans on earth to whole europe by imposing a distructive war.
7. I am not a past era person, those are, who are in 1940s . concern for particular ethnic groups, their right to protect their biological and cultural identity is an accepted and appriciated thing on international scene these days.
8. It is habit of some and these days fashion to call anything a crime aginst humanity, even dictators chant these lines. same is the case of word racist anyone who expresses concern about a particula ethinc group, their plight, hatred aginst them is lablled as racist.

1.afghans do not want fresh blood of others to breed.
2. can anyone tell that he has converted someone to brahminism?
3. yes, I am in desparation and i feel nothing wrong in it. I am so because I feel concern for deterioration, plight, bad conditions of our community due to discrmination, hatred, alienation, void and self distructive intellectualism, over liberalism, naivity and ignorance for commen sense for existance which any living being must have. I am honest and so do not write in this thread only for fun or timepass.
4. those who talk jai hind and community and narrow thoughts etc. etc., themselves start from letters like 'let us confine to TB' etc.
5. mejority of Indians think against caste based reservation. they are helpless due politics. everyone want reservation only due to fact that other have it. mejority of indians want reservations to end; only conditions is it is ended in toto.

8. It is habit of some and these days fashion to call anything a crime aginst humanity, even dictators chant these lines. same is the case of word racist anyone who expresses concern about a particula ethinc group, their plight, hatred aginst them is lablled as racist.
If you mean ethnic in the sense of "denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of living built up by a group of people", you will find that the ethnicity of TBs had been undergoing continual changes (even continuous, perhaps) to such an extent that the ethnicity of the othodox TB today is not at all what it was, say 300 or 400 years ago. In a way it was destruction of ethnic groups, and absorption to a modified ethnic group. The various changes taking place now will also give rise to a new ethnicity but the TB label will last for quite a few more generations IMO even with the present rate of changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back