• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

intercaste marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the present Kerala was part of the ancient Tamil Land known as Chera Naadu. Thiruvanjikulam Sivan temple near Kodungallur Kerala was sung by Sundaramurthi Nayanar. There are about thirteen Vaishnava Divya desams in Malai Naadu (Present Kerala). Except Tirupathi/Thirumalai, there are no Vaishnava Divya desam in the present Andhra Pradesh. But `Vada Vengadam' was considered as border of Tamil Land. So Andhra was never part of Tamil Land.

Smartha Brahmins who came from or stayed north of Cauvery Bank were considered as `Vadamas'. Those who stayed in mid land were considered as `Madyamas' which is now termed as `Vadhyamas'. Eight thousand families who migrated to further south to the present Pudukottai/Ramnad districts were termed as `Ashta Sahasram'. Those who performed yagnas at river beds were considered as `Brahacharnam'. It is pure geographical split among smarthas and all of them follow Advaitha Philosophy of Aadhi Sankara. Even today they are followers of either Kanchi or Sringeri mutt. Mostly people of Tirunelveli/Trivandrum belt follow Sringeri and rest follow Kanchi. Even such differences have come down drastically now and people visit both Kanchi and Sringeri without any discrimination.
rc
There is no proof that Vadamas migrated from present Andhra. On the contrary, some of my friends (Telugu speaking brahmins) of Godavari belt are visiting Kanchi mutt regularly.

Aiyo no sir, i am still talking of times when tamil, telugu, kannada, malayalam were not differentiated into seperate languages as the kind we see now (telugu is not older than 500bc).

[/I]

Aiyo no sir, i am still talking of times when tamil, telugu, kannada, malayalam were not differentiated into seperate languages as the kind we see now (telugu is not older than 500bc).

It is difficult to go back to 2500 years and find out the origin. The history as recorded by Late K A Neelakanta Sastry and considered authentic doesn't go back to such a long period.

Moreover it is difficult to find out whether sub-sects among TB community prevailed during that time. Major sub-sects must have originated only after Sankara, Ramanuja and Madhva period which is between 9th and 12th Century AD.

Telugu Brahmins lived in the present Tamilnadu for quite a long period. Thiagayya who was born in my native place Tiruvarur lived about 160 years back. His descendents are still living in Tiruvarur and they are all considered as Telugu Brahmins and doesn't fall into to the `smartha' classification of Tamil Brahmins even though they are also followers of Advaitha philosophy.

My feeling is brahmins lived in Tamilnadu before Sankara,Ramanjuja, Madhva period. Several Azhwars and Nayanmars were Brahmins. Sundarar is classified as a Saiva Andhanam probably more closer to Gurukkal community now.

Sambandhar is considered Andhanar only eventhough he composed songs on Lord Shiva only.

Azhwars of Brahmin community like Periazhwar, Thondaradipodi Azhwar and Madurakavi Azhwars may be pure Vaishnavites.

Sub-classifications within smarthas is purely based on geographical living locations only and there is practically no difference on following Adhi Sankara mutts like Kanchi or Sringeri as well as religious practices. This may be later day developments only after Adhi Sankara period and may not go back to 2500 years.

All the best

My mistake again sir, i shd have been more clear.

What i was meaning to say is that during the time when languages were still not differentiated, imo, brahmanical practices did exist in southern parts of india.

It is true that several people joined in every caste group so no group is perfectly the same as it was in the ancient past.

But, imo, if we were to dig back into time, then i wud think that the original group of Rajus would have been brahmins.

Mamedy Venkiah, the man who fought for vaishya varna status in the british times, i think, made a mistake. If he had dug a bit more into history, the kavara komatis cud have successfully claimed kshatriya varna. I think he wanted vaishya varna based on the fact that their occupation was tradng at that time.

And kammas being kammalan artisans wud be vaishya varna group, i suppose. But then the vishwakarma kammalans have successfully claimed vishwabrahmin caste status and bcome brahmins in other states, so going by the arguement of shilpashastram, etc being the prerogative of brahmins in the past, then i think a section of kammas also cud well have claimed to be brahmins.

Depending on which kingdom it was, even regions of tamil nadu, karnataka, andhra, kerala were common to some kingdoms.

Am talking of times when ethnicities were not so divided either, and people always moved down into the current tamil lands. I do not think there is much diff in mukkalathors, brahmins, and the people from andhra-karnataka regions.

if genetics is to be believed then the present day kallars once upon a time lived in pakistan.

am sorry i shd have been clear abt the very ancient past, and the more recent past.

There is always similarities between various language speaking people in Tamilnadu and other souther states.

Nadars in Tamilnadu may be similar to Ezhavas in Kerala.

Naidus in Tamilnadu may be similar to Kammas in Andhra

Gounders in Tamilnadu may be similar to Gowdas in Karnataka.

Both in profession and practice, all the above have lot of similarities.

But Brahmins as a whole were totally different. Vegetarianism and Sanskrit are common with most of the brahmins thoughout India. However the philosophies which they followed is very much different like Advaitha, Dwaitha, Vishistadvaitha etc.

Reddy community in Tamilnadu are mostly vegetarians but in Andhra the same community is mostly non-vegetarian.

Among Reddys in Tamilnadu, there are pure saivaites as well as pure vaishnavites.

It is difficult find similarities even within the same community.

All the best

There is always similarities between various language speaking people in Tamilnadu and other souther states.

Nadars in Tamilnadu may be similar to Ezhavas in Kerala.

Naidus in Tamilnadu may be similar to Kammas in Andhra

Gounders in Tamilnadu may be similar to Gowdas in Karnataka.

Both in profession and practice, all the above have lot of similarities.

But Brahmins as a whole were totally different. Vegetarianism and Sanskrit are common with most of the brahmins thoughout India. However the philosophies which they followed is very much different like Advaitha, Dwaitha, Vishistadvaitha etc.

Reddy community in Tamilnadu are mostly vegetarians but in Andhra the same community is mostly non-vegetarian.

Among Reddys in Tamilnadu, there are pure saivaites as well as pure vaishnavites.

It is difficult find similarities even within the same community.

All the best

Nope sir, not true.

Nadars are a rather unique group. And ancient ofcourse. And must have been linked to some of those old kingdoms. Whatever they did in the recent times for kshatriya varna position is an unfortunate outcome of the post-vedic revival period. The 4 varna division was hardly ever present in the south. I am relating some groups as brahmins (such as vishwabrahmins) based on the occupation only.

However, based on occupations alone, no group can be considered similar. So Nadars and Ezhavas cannot be considered the same ethnic group based on occupation only. I cud post some articles on genetics, but i suspect you might not like to see things from that pov.

Naidu is not a caste. It is a mere title. So many castes use the title Naidu. Kammas and Kapus do not inter-marry, neither do Kammas and balijas...each are diff cultural groups...

Gounder and Gowdas may have been similar some centuries ago.

Reddy too is a mere title. They are associated with the rashtrakuta dynasty. But they are not a homogenous group either. I think it must have been a title of an administrative position in the past.

No sir, brahmins were not cut off from their native linguistic population. Only in tamilnadu it seems to have been the case.

And vegetarianism and sanskrit was not restricted to brahmins. So many NBs composed stuff in sanskrit, how did all of them suddenly get to learn sanskrit if they did not have a previous background for it.

For that matter, a bengali brahmin is more similar to the average bengali non-brahmin than to a tamil brahmin, in habits customs, etc. Same goes for brahmins of any other state. A punjabi is a punjabi, what tamil is there in him...same for a maharashtrian, or a gujarathi....again, i cud post articles on genetics on this...

Anyways, irrspective of whether it is genetics or history or culture, etc, i suppose, its each one's personal preference to see things in certain ways.

Regards.

Last edited:
Recent episode of of a brahmin girl married to tennis star Mahesh Boolpathi has come to divorce stage. Mahesh Boopathi is a christian and two years back in an interview the same girl was very proud of inter-religion marriage.

But today the girl is talking in a different tone.

NDTV - Mahesh and Lara cheated on me: Bhupathi's wife

I wish all the brahmin girls read the above.

The same thing happened for another brahmin girl Padma Lakshmi married to celebrity writer Salman Rushdie. Now the couple are officially divorced.

It is high time, the present brahmin girls learn from the above cases.

All the best

Sri.RVR sir,

Greetings. As mentioned by Sri.Sankara Sharma, divorce consdiderations have increased amoung caste brahmins (He mentioned that about 45% applications were from brahmins). So, blaming inter-caste marriages can only be burying our heads in the sand; but, we have to squarely look at the various options available to us. I think, the time has come for caste brahmin youngsters to learn a thing or two from NB youngsters about realities of life.

(NBs, once formed a close friendship, it is for life. I left our village about 30 years back;left India 20 years back. Even now my NB friends invite me for their family functions by handing over the invitations to my mother or brother. There was one such invitation haned over last week).

Cheers!

.....The same thing happened for another brahmin girl Padma Lakshmi married to celebrity writer Salman Rushdie. Now the couple are officially divorced.

Hello சவுக்கடி RVR sir,

Did you know Padma, after getting divorced, became an happily unwed mother earlier this year. She is a successful host of TV show on cooking, cooking and tasting a variety of dishes made from beef, chicken, seafood, etc. If our goody goody TB girls look for any moral from Padma's divorce, what would it be, I wonder?

For every inter-caste and inter-religion marriage that ends in divorce there are probably many that go on happily. From the top of my head I can think of at least three from my age group and up. Further, there are probably as many or more within-caste marriages that end in divorce, there is one in my own family.

We do a disservice to our youngsters if we try to persuade them to stay within caste boundaries based on high profile divorces.

Cheers!

nara,
Hello சவுக்கடி RVR sir,

Did you know Padma, after getting divorced, became an happily unwed mother earlier this year. She is a successful host of TV show on cooking, cooking and tasting a variety of dishes made from beef, chicken, seafood, etc. If our goody goody TB girls look for any moral from Padma's divorce, what would it be, I wonder?

i guess exceptions are always there.most tb girls are pious lot,imho.dont you agree.

For every inter-caste and inter-religion marriage that ends in divorce there are probably many that go on happily. From the top of my head I can think of at least three from my age group and up. Further, there are probably as many or more within-caste marriages that end in divorce, there is one in my own family.

We do a disservice to our youngsters if we try to persuade them to stay within caste boundaries based on high profile divorces.

Cheers!

i agree with you.

Hello சவுக்கடி RVR sir,

Cheers!

Prof Nara Sir,

I am not using any Savukku.

I just wanted to point out that celebrities in other religions wants to spoil the life of Hindu girls. Our girls have to be more careful.

I read an article by Mahesh Boopathi's wife (or erstwhile wife) two years back where she ridiculed Hindu way of life. If she wants to marry a person from other religion, let her do it. We are not interested in interfering with her personal life. But why should she talk ill of our religion.

Now she blames Mahesh Boopathi and again we are not at all interested in her personal affairs.

I am only interested in our girls not being trapped by other guys.

All the best

My elder son is in Saudi Arabia, a fanatic muslim country. But he tells me that there are lot of brahmins in that country and they practice all the rituals with ease.

Dear Sir,

This is surprising news. I know a few persons - not brahmins - employed in Saudi Arabia. From what they say, the Saudi authorities check the baggage (sample check) for anything relating to other religions and if found, they confiscate these items at the airport. You have to give a declaration which states that you are not carrying any such items. There is police check of houses at times to verify whether any Kafir religion is practised or any such religious item is kept in the house. The Saudi citizens can complain if they suspect that any other religion is practised in any house. Even if the complaint is later found to be false, they are not held guilty, but any one practising other religion, keeping religious items is charged with crime and is then under the mercy of the Shariat court.

The only exception, they say, are the Americans holding high positions who are a privileged category. So, if your son says that the brahmins are celebrating the religious festivals with ease, either your son and the brahmins he is talking about are so privileged like the Americans, or, it is really very surprising news.

There are several expatriate colonies in cities like Riyadh, Dammam and Jeddah were ladies need not have to wear `Burka' inside the colonies. They celebrate festivals within the colony off course without giving hindrance to the locals

But if a lady has to move out of the colony, she has to cover herself with `Burka'

Saudi is also planning free trade zones and are planning to give freedom within these zones.

All the best

sangom,
Dear Sir,

This is surprising news. I know a few persons - not brahmins - employed in Saudi Arabia. From what they say, the Saudi authorities check the baggage (sample check) for anything relating to other religions and if found, they confiscate these items at the airport. You have to give a declaration which states that you are not carrying any such items. There is police check of houses at times to verify whether any Kafir religion is practised or any such religious item is kept in the house. The Saudi citizens can complain if they suspect that any other religion is practised in any house. Even if the complaint is later found to be false, they are not held guilty, but any one practising other religion, keeping religious items is charged with crime and is then under the mercy of the Shariat court.

The only exception, they say, are the Americans holding high positions who are a privileged category. So, if your son says that the brahmins are celebrating the religious festivals with ease, either your son and the brahmins he is talking about are so privileged like the Americans, or, it is really very surprising news.

I too heard the same as your version.Most horrid and intolerant society.Even American women are subjected to dupatta ,purdah hajab etc untill recently.Beauty is,saudi women are subjected to buying panties ,bra's from men sales people,who suggest sizes.what an awkward society,saudia arabians are.

Recent episode of of a brahmin girl married to tennis star Mahesh Boolpathi has come to divorce stage. Mahesh Boopathi is a christian and two years back in an interview the same girl was very proud of inter-religion marriage.

But today the girl is talking in a different tone.

NDTV - Mahesh and Lara cheated on me: Bhupathi's wife

I wish all the brahmin girls read the above.

The same thing happened for another brahmin girl Padma Lakshmi married to celebrity writer Salman Rushdie. Now the couple are officially divorced.

It is high time, the present brahmin girls learn from the above cases.

All the best

Sri RVR ji,

The trend has changed drastically in this materialistic world. Such bitter married life experiences are considered merely one's bad luck and nothing more are the reasons attached to them.

Brahmin girls are not deterred by such adversities of inter cast / inter religion marriages owing to their high level of maturity, understanding and ambitious attitude. This generation having wider scope of advancements/professional success, guys and gals are all of high caliber and as high brows, gained completely a different mind set and attitude towards marriage and married life.

Now a days, premarital affairs & extra marital affairs are considered to be the need of each individual that has nothing to do with morality and family values. Partner selections are made purely based on one's academic qualification, professional success, financial strength and than lookism comes into picture, while choosing the desired partner.

Today's girls being independent of their life, have their own views, opinions, likes and dislikes. Offcourse its acceptable and encourageable, provided they don't suffer out of their own perceptions of life.

The changes are inevitable, Sri RVR ji. Divorces are becoming a casual incidence of life. In fact girls and boys are prepared to be divorced the moment they could not feel the pleasure and the thrill of living together. Patience, moral responsibilities, acceptance, commitment, intimacy etc are all zilch for the present generation and not uncommon to the brahmin society. They get divorced and they get remarried. If could not re marry, could carry on fulfilling their needs, that are not so tough/impossible in today's corporate environment.

After all the priorities are for one's own freedom and requirements that need to be fulfilled somehow. Girls and boys are respecting each others freedom, preferences and life style cravings, just accommodating each other under one roof. If that turns out to be bitter, they opt for separation with no repentance and no offense towards each other.

Quoting your statement in post #112 -"I am only interested in our girls not being trapped by other guys."

If not mistaken I would like to state that, our highly educated, matured and smart girls can never be trapped by other guys. Our girls and boys opt for what they want as per their needs.

Sri.Swaminatha Sharma said:-

....பார்ப்போம் இன்னும் எவ்வளவு நாள் தான் இந்த கிண்டலும் நக்கலும் இருக்குதுன்னு...

Sri.Swaminatha Sharma, Greetings. Sri.Nara respects Sri.RVR and feels close to him; that's why he takes the liberty to make jokes. About 2 to 3 weeks back, when the discussion was focused on a good leader for TBs and how there is no effective leadership to guide TBs at present, Sri.Nara suggested that Sri.RVR is involved in many social services and he should consider taking up the leadership position. Sri.Nara was sincere when he said that. (If necessasary, I am more than happy to search for that post, if you need the proof). Sri.RVR has support from most members in this forum. So, kindly don't think that Sri.RVR is put down by anyone, please. Thanks.

Cheers!

So, kindly don't think that Sri.RVR is put down by anyone, please.

Yes, this is correct, I may have some disagreements in POV, but I respect RVR. The கிண்டல் and நக்கல் were not directed at him, but only at SS who thought RVR had given a சவுக்கு அடி.

Cheers!

Hindu-Muslim marriage held up as families come to blows

Hindu-Muslim marriage held up as families come to blowsKolkata, June 14A proposed marriage between a Muslim boy and a Hindu girl could not take place after the two families came to blows inside a marriage registrar's office here Monday.Irfan Ali, 30, of Ekbalpore area in south Kolkata had met Anjali Sharma, 27, of Bally in Howrah district four years back in an eye clinic and the two fell in love.http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a143636.htmljust have a look one of the case

Dear Sir,

sangom,

i too have heard of saudi customs checking indian folks for our religious items and throwing those into the garbage right in front of their eyes. this happened to a mother of a friend of mine, but this was the 1980s. i expect they are still neanderthalic out there.

Last year Shivarathri festival was performed at an Indian colony in Riyadh and my son attended the same.

Things have started looking up at Saudi Arabia.

All the best

Sri.Swaminatha Sharma said:-

Sri.Swaminatha Sharma, Greetings. Sri.Nara respects Sri.RVR and feels close to him; that's why he takes the liberty to make jokes. About 2 to 3 weeks back, when the discussion was focused on a good leader for TBs and how there is no effective leadership to guide TBs at present, Sri.Nara suggested that Sri.RVR is involved in many social services and he should consider taking up the leadership position. Sri.Nara was sincere when he said that. (If necessasary, I am more than happy to search for that post, if you need the proof). Sri.RVR has support from most members in this forum. So, kindly don't think that Sri.RVR is put down by anyone, please. Thanks.

Cheers!

Sri Raghy,

Let us form a trust to help poor brahmins in the field of education and medical fields.

Just like swayamvaram functions, let us do counselling for our youngsters in education/career development fields. We can help them in improving their career with proper advice and probably with marginal support of our fellow members

Beyond this I think, we may be stretching too much of ourselves.

There are political organisations like Tambrass etc which will take care of politics.

Let us restrict our services only to social work.

All the above will go on with active involvement of our members and volunteers.

All the best

Hi, The following three points were expressed in this forum in a matter of few days. On the one hand we complain about DK/DMK separating Brahmins from Tamils, and on the other the feeling of this very separateness is so disappointingly prevalent.

Shri vikrama has been trying his best to show at least some Brahmins are "sons of the soil" brahmins, and hence very much Tamil. Yet, the practical sentiments expressed go against this carefully constructed narrative.

In a broader sense though, I agree with shri vikrama, we all are Tamils in every way. All these differences exist only in our mind. If a lineup were to be conducted how many of us will pass as non-Tamil, not many.

... I have observed many teachers telling the students, while teaching this topic, "We are Dravidians and the Paappaans are Aryans".

I am a Brahmin first and then only a Tamil.

ஆனா ஒண்ணு மட்டும் நிச்சயம். சுயம்வரம் நிகழ்ச்சியில கண்டிப்பா பிராம்மணாள தவிர யாருக்கும் அனுமதி இல்லங்குறது மட்டும் நிச்சயம்.

There are a couple of things which we have to accept though it may be painful.

Though the Tamil Brahmins have contributed to the development of Tamil more than any other community, we are not accepted by the Tamil society as Tamils. The propaganda unleashed by the politicians and others have had their effect. Some people in the older generation may still accept us as Tamils, but not the present generation.

No Tamil Brahmin can occupy any high position in the Government of Tamil Nadu. No Tamil Brahmin can become the Chief secretary of Tamil Nadu. He can become the Chief Secretary in Bihar, Maharashtra, West Bengal. But not in Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Brahmins can not become High court judges.

Tamil Brahmin achievers are never honored by the government and society in Tamil Nadu.

Many of us have seen our lives shattered because of such prejudices.

Then why keep on harping that we are Tamils.

In India the caste identity comes first and then only the language. Nadars are Nadars whether they are Hindus, Christians, Tamils or Malayalees.

A born again Christian is still known by his caste name and gets appoints to the Hindu temple committee because of that.

I do not cease to be a Tamil whatever I may declare. I remain a Tamil even if the others do not accept it. I do not need anyone's approval.

I am a Brahmin. Very proud to be one.

Sanakara Sharma sir,

Present Tamilnadu Chief Secretary Sri K S Sripathi is a brahmin.

Now Dravidian politicians don't believe other communities and are searching for Brahmins for key posts. However Brahmins in Government service is a very rare phenomena nowadays.

It is very difficult to separate Brahmins from Tamil Language. There are several brahmins among Azhwars and Nayanmars. Saint Arunagirinathar was a brahmin. Abhirami Battar was a brahmin. Subramanya Bharathi, U Ve Swaminatha Iyer, Ki Vaa Jagannathan are all brahmins. Ramana Maharishi composed Arunachala Manimaalai in Tamil only. Even today Director of Saiva Sidhantha research centre at Dharmapuram Aadheenam Sri T N Ramachandran is a brahmin.

Let the dogs bark. Barking dogs will not bite.

All the best

Sanakara Sharma sir,

Present Tamilnadu Chief Secretary Sri K S Sripathi is a brahmin.

Now Dravidian politicians don't believe other communities and are searching for Brahmins for key posts. However Brahmins in Government service is a very rare phenomena nowadays.

It is very difficult to separate Brahmins from Tamil Language. There are several brahmins among Azhwars and Nayanmars. Saint Arunagirinathar was a brahmin. Abhirami Battar was a brahmin. Subramanya Bharathi, U Ve Swaminatha Iyer, Ki Vaa Jagannathan are all brahmins. Ramana Maharishi composed Arunachala Manimaalai in Tamil only. Even today Director of Saiva Sidhantha research centre at Dharmapuram Aadheenam Sri T N Ramachandran is a brahmin.

Let the dogs bark. Barking dogs will not bite.

All the best

RVR. What keeps most of the members here is the common Brahmin inheritance. Not Tamil. Again this site is for Tamil Brahmin community. Most of the members identify themselves with the Brahmin tag more than the Tamil tag.

Many children of Tamil Brahmins who have grown up outside Tamil Nadu do not even know how to read or write Tamil. I see some profiles in the marriage web sites put up the younger generation where they identify themselves as Iyer but give their mother tongue as Kannada or Malayalam.

I am painfully aware of the contribution to the Tamil language made by Brahmins.

These are not Barking Dogs but Dogs which have their pound of flesh and want some more.

Three decades of staying and working in Tamil Nadu has convinced me of that.

I left Tamil Nadu 10 years back. I keep wandering from place to place. My only connections to Tamil Nadu is the Temple the family owns and properties.

RVR. What keeps most of the members here is the common Brahmin inheritance..............

Many children of Tamil Brahmins who have grown up outside Tamil Nadu do not even know how to read or write Tamil. I see some profiles in the marriage web sites put up the younger generation where they identify themselves as Iyer but give their mother tongue as Kannada or Malayalam.
.....................................................................................
My only connections to Tamil Nadu is the Temple the family owns and properties.

True all above is true.

Irrespective of origins, on migration from one place to another ,it is just natural that people (especially younger generations) imbibe the local language and culture and other habits.The original traits may remain for sometime, as far as it is fostered and encouraged at home or in the common community fora, and gatherings.

The christians in Kerala speak Malayalam, Christians in Karnataka speak Kannada, in Tamil Nadu they speak Tamil. But everywhere they follow the same christian customs,with some adaptations from local culture and habits. Similarly , Muslims also. That means , it is not the language which is a broader binding force, but some deep rooted customs and traditions.

That is what as Sri sankara_sharmah wrote.."What keeps most of the members here is the common Brahmin inheritance....

The Tamil Brahmins in Kerala, migrated many years ago from Tamil Nadu, but still they follow mostly the same customs, celebrate same festivals ,use Tamil at home.But they also follow Kerala customs, celebrate Kerala Festivals, worship local deities, learn and communicate in Malayalam( equally or better than other Malyalees). For all purposes they are Keralites. But for personal traditions they follow the brahmin tradition .

But when it comes to the governmental level dealings, it is same- the reservation against them, the job quota against them. Only, that, in the social arena, they are not as haunted as in Tamil Nadu, but many times taunted in media, and cinema.Politicians generally ignore them,as they do not have any damage value due to the microscopic population they constitute. So that is the difference.

In public, a brahmin, in whichever Statein India he lives, he is just like any other person of that state.but for his personal matters,he follows his own brahminical traditions. Socially also he mingles with all others, his children study in either govt or private schools like any other citizen.( Indian constitution is graceful to allow anybody to practice ---and please note..- preach one's own religion and worship practices).So he has his own community congregations, bhajans, or even prayer halls and temples, (like other communities also have) as it is well allowed by the country,s constitution and law

Brahmins in other states also face similar problems irrespective of how well they are localised .
So Tamil Brahmins have common binding as Brahmins and not
as Tamils, Telugus etc.

Why? even if an Indian talks French,Spanish or Greek like any others of those countries, he will still be considered as Indian only,but he will get the rights and protection as allowed by the country he is resideing and eligible as per that country,s rule and law.

Hence Tamil brahmins need not worry if somebody is not ready to consider them as Tamils.As far as one is living in Tamilnadu, he is Tamil for all purpose. Otherwise even Sri Karunanidhi is not a Tamil.

This forum is started for Tamil Brahmins and definitely Tamil can be discussed and dealt with. But TBs have other things to solve, and that has common factor with all brahmins. (So , Minus Tamil,TB.com is Brahmins.com only).Let discussions continue as such. It is because of this many non-tamil brahmins also participate in the forum. And the forum should get more and more such people, to realise the TB.com goals.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back