• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Inspirational songs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Dear Ranaganathan Sir sorry for the delay. Sir, I have learned dance under the guidance of three Kerala Kalamandalam Trained Teachers. I started my expedition at the age of 7 and it continued till the time of my marriage. I have taken so much pain to fulfill my interest in the Classical Dance. When I came to college, the dance class shifted to Saturdays and Sundays and I had shifted to my third guru to get more exposure in Mohiniyattam and Kuchupudi versions of Classical dance. Amma and I had to go all the way to Trichur... We start early morning.. Reach by 7, full day practice begins, just like the early Gurukul system... lunch in my teacher’s home. Practice resumes again, night stay at my guru’s place. Next day early morning to start the practice again. This was the practice for 2 years nonstop… I got the opportunity to perform in many stage programs around Kerala with my teacher and other Kalamandalam students. After marriage, I started to share my knowledge with my students of my Schools. We travelled from Cochin to Delhi to settle down in Ahmedabad. We liked the place and the people very much. Here continued my journey as a Principal, but didn’t stop my passion towards Dance. I may be the single principal around who is teaching dance to her school students, but to be frank I never thought myself as a Principal yet, academic qualifications made me an administrator, but for me I am a learner... I learn something new everyday… May be this quality makes me a humble person. Thanks to God for all the Blessings Showered on Me. Respects- Anandi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My songs for the day: The great acting and dance sequences of Great Shivaji Ganeshan and Padmini. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]‪Usuray nalamthana usuray.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPwCtBidy_8
[/FONT]

Dear Anandi,
Thanks for the info. Good achievement.

I will give a hindustani classical , moving even stone into water !

‪"AAJ GAWAT MAN MERO JHOOM KE BHAGWAN"MUSIC BY NAUSHAD-"BAIJU BAWARA"‬‏ - YouTube

It should move anyone.
Fantastic song Ranganathan Sir.. Good selection. Rekha's Umraojaan song for you... there are so many good songs in that film.. This one is soo good for her dance... Respects Anandi

‪UMRAAO JAAN - Dil Cheez Kya‬‏ - YouTube

Dear friends,

Gopalakrishna Bharathi was a great poet who lived in the 19th century.
He wrote the famous Nandanar charitram, a story of a harijan who was a
great devotee of Lord Nataraja of Chidambaram. His employer, a brahmin
land-lord and the priests of chidambaram temple had to fall at his feet
seeing his true devotion and Shiva's acceptance of him as such. NSK enacted
a drama called 'Kindanar' in the film 'Nalla Thambi '. This is a comedy

‪Kindanar‬‏ - YouTube

Nothing to do with the nandanar.

Saint Thyagaraja asked Gopalakrishna Bharathi whether he has composed any
song in the raga Aabhogi and Bharathi instantaneously came out with the kriti
' sabaapathikku '. And that is a different story .

Dear friends,

Gopalakrishna Bharathi was a great poet who lived in the 19th century.
He wrote the famous Nandanar charitram, a story of a harijan who was a
great devotee of Lord Nataraja of Chidambaram. His employer, a brahmin
land-lord and the priests of chidambaram temple had to fall at his feet
seeing his true devotion and Shiva's acceptance of him as such. NSK enacted
a drama called 'Kindanar' in the film 'Nalla Thambi '. This is a comedy

‪Kindanar‬‏ - YouTube

Nothing to do with the nandanar.

Saint Thyagaraja asked Gopalakrishna Bharathi whether he has composed any

Dear Shri. NRR

That was awesome!! I watched that video till the very end - just superb! What a brilliant guy NSK is!

Thanks indeed for posting the link!

Kind regards

[FONT=&quot]Dear Ranganathan Sir,
Good Morning.. Yesterday, we went to Udaipur for the Sunday break. So couldn’t log in at all. That was a much needed break for all of us. I watched all the song postings today, all are good. Thank you. Here are my songs for the day… My heart again and again goes for the legend.. Smt. M.S only. I can’t help it. Respects. Anandi[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]‪Madhuraashtakam By MS Subbulakshmi.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCg158CHMok&feature=related[/FONT]

Anandi,

Sri Vallabhacharya was a great saint-poet. He was the founder of pushti-marg,
path of Grace. He loved LOrd Krishna and Gita. This song describes the sweetness
of Krishna

Madhusudhana Sarawathi of Bengal was a great devotee of Lord Krishna , although
he was an Advaitin to the core. Some of these renowned men , Advaitis, have
deep attachment for some ishta-deity like Appaiah Dikshidhar who was
devoted to Lord Shiva.

Anandi,

Sri Vallabhacharya was a great saint-poet. He was the founder of pushti-marg,
path of Grace. He loved LOrd Krishna and Gita. This song describes the sweetness
of Krishna

Madhusudhana Sarawathi of Bengal was a great devotee of Lord Krishna , although
he was an Advaitin to the core. Some of these renowned men , Advaitis, have
deep attachment for some ishta-deity like Appaiah Dikshidhar who was
devoted to Lord Shiva.
Yes Ranganathan Sir, You are true; even I had studied this in Hindi literature. Bcoz I am MA with Hindi (Main) Hindi Sahitya ka itihas (full) we did it in deep and presented all the assignments on it. Hindi sahitya; aadi kal to aadhunik kal, almost all writers.. Right from PRITHIVRAJ RASO TO MUNSI PREMCHAND TO JAYASHANKAR PRASAD TO MAHADEVI VARMA, The above mentioned Vallabhacharya came under BHAKTIKAL (Krishna bhaki shakha) all Bhakti kal- two groups one is kabir, Rahim- nirgun bhakti shakha and Tulsi and Surdas, Meera- sagun Bhakti (Ram and Krishna) then one more group was Reetikal- under this group comes the Soofi shakha, it was as wonderful experience. After the birth of my elder son, I joined college and did MA, as I had mentioned earlier, I have deep interest for Hindi from childhood. Till this age, I am only learning and learning.. Just two years before only I had completed my PhD. I enjoy learning new things, that is a blessing of God only.

Two kabir vani for you....
‪Kabir Doha "Dukh Mein Sumiran Sab Kare"‬‏ - YouTube

‪Kabir Doha "Jati Na Pucho Sadhu Ki"‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:
Dear friends,
..................Saint Thyagaraja asked Gopalakrishna Bharathi whether he has composed any
My guru, Prof. S. Ramanathan told this story in one of our classes.

Once, G K Bharathi visited Thyagaraja swami, while he was singing his krithi 'manasu nilpa shakthi lEkapOthE' in

abogi rAgam. When Bharathi appreciated Thyagaraja, he asked whether he composed any song in the same rAgam.

That night, the song 'sabApathikku' came in the mind of Bharathi. Thyagaraja heard the song the very next day and

praised Bharathi for the lovely song!

The song 'manasu nilpa' has wonderful lyrics. Pallavi goes like this: If a man is not able to control his mind, will the

sweet ringing bell, and flowers with which he performs his pooja help him in any way?

[FONT=&quot]Dear Ranganathan Sir, Very good selection, here are two different types of songs. The first one is superb for the tune, lyrics and for the acting sequences of Smt. Savitri and Shri. Gemini Ganeshan. Second one is for the song, for the golden voices of Shri. TMS and Smt. MLV, and for the star combination of Shri.MGR and Smt. Padmini. Simply superb. Respects- Anandi[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]‪Singara velane deva‬‏ - YouTube[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogtom7PGgoI&feature=relmfu[/FONT]

The voice of Smt. S. Janaki is inimitable! I have not heard anyone else sing in such a high pitch with precision and

perfection, the song 'singAra vElanE dEvA', so far.....

The voice of Smt. P. Susheela is the BEST in semi classical songs, IMO. And the song 'mannavan vandhAnadi' is her best!

The voice of Smt. S. Janaki is inimitable! I have not heard anyone else sing in such a high pitch with precision and

perfection, the song 'singAra vElanE dEvA', so far.....

The voice of Smt. P. Susheela is the BEST in semi classical songs, IMO. And the song 'mannavan vandhAnadi' is her best!
[FONT=&quot]You are absolutely right dear Raji Madam, here I am posting two songs of Janaki Madam, and both are high pitched songs. How fantastically she had sung the both. So beautiful, here are the songs.. Especially for you dear Raji Madam… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Love Anandi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]‪Sandhye Kannerithenthe - Madanolsavam‬‏ - YouTube[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRg7jplaRI[/FONT]

Dear Anandi,

Thanks for the songs.... But I normally listen to pure classical songs and seldom to classical based cine songs!!

My favorites are MSS (of course), MLV, Sudha, Jayasree, Priya sisters and Sowmya (several times, she was in

our group - shishyas of Prof. S.Ramanathan)

Best wishes,
Raji Ram

Dear sir/madam,

Absolutely right. When the manas is full of kaama, krodha and other evils,
how can you pray God. It needs a purified mind. I have heard ' manasu nilpa'
at least 1000 times. In those days we used to return by foot to our homes
since MMI's kutchery will go past midnight, with no public transport available.
Here is the rendering of MMI with mridangam by PSP :

‪Madurai Mani Iyer : Manasu Nilpa - Abhogi (1/3)‬‏ - YouTube

‪Madurai Mani Iyer : Manasu Nilpa - Abhogi (2/3)‬‏ - YouTube

‪Madurai Mani Iyer : Manasu Nilpa - Abhogi (3/3)‬‏ - YouTube

Absolute gem.

Dear NRR Sir,

Thanks for posting MMI's song here. My brother's favorite is MMI. He listens hours together, while driving

on the highways in Malaysia. He is the deputy VC in one of the medical colleges.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Dear NRR Sir,

Thanks for posting MMI's song here. My brother's favorite is MMI. He listens hours together, while driving

on the highways in Malaysia. He is the deputy VC in one of the medical colleges.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Thanks madam. I have almost all his concerts in CD. He is a genius and
his kalpana-swaras great. He followed manodharma and did not (in his
own words ) follow kanakku-vazhakku.

Tomorrow I will upload his concert ' chakkani-raja '.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back